Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-05-27

Hi, a little fix for radio buttons (toggles on/off), now they are universal with green for on and gray for off, so please remove any color for them Smile

radiobuttons new

I've also found 2 little bugs (they are present since many betas):

- on big list with small option, opening the contextmenu (with remote in my case) activates the visualization of year genre rating on the line with movie title (redundant infos)

- when browsing for art images, like poster for a movie, the thumbnails are not showed, only the default image icon. Works correctly with Confluence.

Thank you and again congratulations for your baby Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-05-27

Thanks for the congratulations and the work with the icons. Need to get some sleep now but tomorrow I will fix the last bits and provide the new beta version.

Titan MediaBrowser skin - furiqb - 2015-05-28

What size of images i need to fit the tiles on main screen ? I Want to use custom images .

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-05-28

(2015-05-28, 19:58)furiqb Wrote: What size of images i need to fit the tiles on main screen ? I Want to use custom images .

I'll look it up in the code for you tonight. You can off course use any size but the image will be cropped.

(2015-05-28, 20:03)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 19:58)furiqb Wrote: What size of images i need to fit the tiles on main screen ? I Want to use custom images .

I'll look it up in the code for you tonight. You can off course use any size but the image will be cropped.

Cheers mate . I have tried to use a normal image but it doesnt fit . And also doesnt look good . Only half of image could be seen

(2015-05-28, 20:13)furiqb Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 20:03)marcelveldt Wrote:

Cheers mate . I have tried to use a normal image but it doesnt fit . And also doesnt look good . Only half of image could be seen

The exact size is 240 x 590 pixels

(2015-05-28, 21:39)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 20:13)furiqb Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 20:03)marcelveldt Wrote: I'll look it up in the code for you tonight. You can off course use any size but the image will be cropped.

The exact size is 240 x 590 pixels

Cheers mate .

I am trying to add custom image in edit Home menu section but it did not give me option to locate path where i have saves images. How do i choose images then ?

(2015-05-28, 22:29)furiqb Wrote: I am trying to add custom image in edit Home menu section but it did not give me option to locate path where i have saves images. How do i choose images then ?

It should provide you the possibility to browse... I believe its the top most option. Also note that the browse dialogs in Kodi only provide paths/sources that are added as source in the file manager.

Titan MediaBrowser skin - furiqb - 2015-05-29

(2015-05-28, 23:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 22:29)furiqb Wrote: I am trying to add custom image in edit Home menu section but it did not give me option to locate path where i have saves images. How do i choose images then ?

It should provide you the possibility to browse... I believe its the top most option. Also note that the browse dialogs in Kodi only provide paths/sources that are added as source in the file manager.

Then how do i add images as source in file manager ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-05-29

Hi, I've made some further change and most important a full pack with all media icons, you can just use this for the skin: it features all icons (updated according to git with only the still used ones) at their best version for me, so you haven't to check all little ones I did last days that you were of course busy Smile

media folder v5 - use this one

Then I repeat for your comfort here all the bugs I posted recently:

- on big list with small option, opening the contextmenu (with remote in my case) activates the visualization of year genre rating on the row with movie title (redundant infos)

- when browsing for art images, like poster for a movie, the thumbnails (remote and loca) are not showed, only the default image icon. Works correctly with Confluence.

- please check size of media flags, the genre is often badly stretched...

- radiobuttons should have disabled the coloring system, as they are gray for disabled and a classic green for enabled

- spinctrl buttons can be only 2 files, up/down, selected colored according to skin. Please add a dim effect for disabled ones

- enable different mouse pointers according to files in folder

IN GENERAL: check resolution of images to avoid distortions. If they still looks bad despite of new high res please let me know the exact rendered size so that I can save them at proper resolution (they are vectors so no problem)

That's all... thank you and I'm waiting for the next beta Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-05-29

(2015-05-29, 00:15)furiqb Wrote: Then how do i add images as source in file manager ?
You do not add the images as such there, but you define their storage folder paths for use by Kodi.
This should allow you to browse to those folders in adding images, or to define those folders or subfolders within them as sources for other media.

Assuming you are using the Titan skin, start in main menu by going to the "Settings" entry and opening its submenu command "File Manager".
This opens a list browser showing a list of any already defined source folders, and beneath that list is the command "Add source" (displayed as if it were a folder).
For me there was only one predefined source folder in that list, this being the "Profile Directory".

You can then use the "Add source" command at the bottom of the list to add more source folders.
That command opens a dialog box used to define such sources, and the "Browse" button in this box opens a different kind of file browser.
This one shows a pseudo-directory containing all the main system drives as well as network links, so you can add sources from any computer in your LAN.
Kodi supports several different network protocols, but I've only made use of the SMB protocol myself (normal Windows filesharing).

And this pseudo-directory is also extensible, by using the command "Add network location..." at the bottom of the list.
This allows you to add shortcuts to arbitrary paths in your LAN, so you don't have to browse from the workgroup root each time.
Such shortcuts can also be used in future when you browse to add sources for media sections such as "Videos" or "Music" etc.

Once you have selected a source folder you are returned to the dialog box mentioned above, where you can then choose the name Kodi should use for that source.
(This is necessary for network usage, as folders from different computers might have identical names, and using full network paths everywhere would be awkward.)

Btw: This file manager is nothing specific to the Titan skin, but is a fundamental part of XBMC/Kodi itself.

Best regards: dlanor

Titan MediaBrowser skin - stueeey - 2015-05-29

(2015-05-29, 03:50)dlanor Wrote:
(2015-05-29, 00:15)furiqb Wrote: Then how do i add images as source in file manager ?
You do not add the images as such there, but you define their storage folder paths for use by Kodi.
This should allow you to browse to those folders in adding images, or to define those folders or subfolders within them as sources for other media.

Assuming you are using the Titan skin, start in main menu by going to the "Settings" entry and opening its submenu command "File Manager".
This opens a list browser showing a list of any already defined source folders, and beneath that list is the command "Add source" (displayed as if it were a folder).
For me there was only one predefined source folder in that list, this being the "Profile Directory".

You can then use the "Add source" command at the bottom of the list to add more source folders.
That command opens a dialog box used to define such sources, and the "Browse" button in this box opens a different kind of file browser.
This one shows a pseudo-directory containing all the main system drives as well as network links, so you can add sources from any computer in your LAN.
Kodi supports several different network protocols, but I've only made use of the SMB protocol myself (normal Windows filesharing).

And this pseudo-directory is also extensible, by using the command "Add network location..." at the bottom of the list.
This allows you to add shortcuts to arbitrary paths in your LAN, so you don't have to browse from the workgroup root each time.
Such shortcuts can also be used in future when you browse to add sources for media sections such as "Videos" or "Music" etc.

Once you have selected a source folder you are returned to the dialog box mentioned above, where you can then choose the name Kodi should use for that source.
(This is necessary for network usage, as folders from different computers might have identical names, and using full network paths everywhere would be awkward.)

Btw: This file manager is nothing specific to the Titan skin, but is a fundamental part of XBMC/Kodi itself.

@dlanor - Hi, I've learned much from you knowledge & helpful posts over the years in the PLEX forums...

please forgive my intrigue (conscious its probably not the right place)... I was just interested to know what your setup is with KODI?

are you using PLEXbmc the Emby addon or running KODI itself to manage your media?

intrigued, have you made the switch ;-) ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-05-29

Hi all, I finally managed to get some proper sleep after our daugther was born ;-)
So, I'm now wrapping up the latest bits and will provide the beta within a few hours. This new beta contains the whole new color themes feature with additional color settings, new icons allover the skin by simograndi, several fixes for the plexbmc support in the skin and many more...

Will keep you all in touch

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-05-29

(2015-05-29, 07:21)stueeey Wrote: @dlanor - Hi, I've learned much from you knowledge & helpful posts over the years in the PLEX forums...
Thanks, it's always nice to know that your efforts are appreciated. Smile

Quote:please forgive my intrigue (conscious its probably not the right place)... I was just interested to know what your setup is with KODI?

are you using PLEXbmc the Emby addon or running KODI itself to manage your media?
I don't use Emby at all.
I haven't even tried it, since I see it as a direct replacement for Plex, which I've invested a lot of time and resources in.
I see no reason to throw all that away just to switch to a new contestant of essentially identical kind.
At best it could give me what I already have with Plex, and at worst it could fail to reach those goals.

For my Kodi setups I always install PlexBMC and the Amber skin by pecinko, and use these primarily in "Go Plex" mode to access my Plex library.
I also sometimes use the "Go Kodi" mode to access Kodi-specific addons or browse SMB shares not scanned into the Plex library.
But I never bother with adding media to Kodi-managed libraries, as these would just be valid on a single device.

As you can see from my presence in this forum I'm also interested in having other Plex-compatible skins for Kodi, of which this Titan skin is probably the best working one I've seen so far. The Night v1.8 skin by bkury also shows a lot of promise, but in that version there are too many graphic misalignments of text labels (works fine with PHT, but misaligned for Kodi). It will be very interesting to see his upcoming v2.0 version of the skin, which will be the first release 'officially' intended for Kodi. (Earlier its use with Kodi was just an alpha/beta feature.)

And with all I've said about Kodi+PlexBMC here, perhaps I should add that my main Plex client for the living-room is RasPlex, the PHT port for Raspberry Pi.
My interest in Kodi+PlexBMC is mainly due to the wide platform support, allowing their use on many platforms for which no good official Plex clients exist.
(As well as Kodi's ability to access media not scanned into my Plex server.)

Quote:intrigued, have you made the switch ;-) ?
If you mean switching to 'Emby', then the answer is NO, and is likely to remain so... Wink
I would need some strong motivation to do so, and currently I have none.

Oh, and to make this post a _little_ more on-topic, I'd better add that my main purpose in visiting this forum today was to check for news on the new Titan beta which will extend the support of Plex media sections from 10 to 15 (as needed to include my 'TV shows' which is my twelfth section).