Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - wezley98 - 2015-05-31

Great work on the skin.

On the Raspberry Pi2 when loading a movie or tv show the loading spinner tends to stay on the screen for about 5 seconds when to movie/tv show starts, I guess while it is buffering.

Could you add an option to hide this completely or tie it into 'change settings for slow computers' settings?

It looks nice but blocks viewing of the centre of the screen for about 5 seconds.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - SABERZAID - 2015-05-31

i cant add a wedget now , before i can add a wedget and i can see it but no cant

also i cant add a menu also , i can only delete , this happend after last update , im using the stable ver not the beta

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - burekas - 2015-05-31

1) Why there some tiles on homescreen which show Black background?
2) I have problem with Music section on home screen. Beside that it shows Black on background. Inside the widget it's not updated by the music which Added/Changed

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - SABERZAID - 2015-06-01

Also another problem is main menu . I cant create a new main menu

2nd problem i cant change the view type , im using the beta , stable ver i can still changing the view type like list or poster etc of my video addon

3rd problem is the wedget , after assign a wedget still cant see it on my home screen

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-06-02

(2015-05-31, 20:35)burekas Wrote: 1) Why there some tiles on homescreen which show Black background?
2) I have problem with Music section on home screen. Beside that it shows Black on background. Inside the widget it's not updated by the music which Added/Changed

In that case either your textures cache is corrupt or it isn't finished caching images to the cache. Google for Kodi texture cache and you'll find your answer...

(2015-05-31, 15:09)wezley98 Wrote: Great work on the skin.

On the Raspberry Pi2 when loading a movie or tv show the loading spinner tends to stay on the screen for about 5 seconds when to movie/tv show starts, I guess while it is buffering.

Could you add an option to hide this completely or tie it into 'change settings for slow computers' settings?

It looks nice but blocks viewing of the centre of the screen for about 5 seconds.

Sure I can do that, but isn't the loading spinner meant to show up to indicate that Kodi is still loading ?
You mean by loading spinner the small blue dots in the centre of the screen, right ?
I'm sure I can find/create an option to hide it but it is Kodi that is "telling" the skin to show it in the first place so there must be a reason for that...

(2015-06-01, 12:16)SABERZAID Wrote: Also another problem is main menu . I cant create a new main menu

2nd problem i cant change the view type , im using the beta , stable ver i can still changing the view type like list or poster etc of my video addon

3rd problem is the wedget , after assign a wedget still cant see it on my home screen

Any errors on your screen or in your logs ? This should work just fine.

(2015-05-29, 17:40)dlanor Wrote: I've just installed the new beta version of the Titan skin released earlier today, and have some feedback on its use with PlexBMC.

The new increased limit for the number of Plex sections used seems to work fine, as both my "Photos" and "TV Shows" are now accessible.
These are sections 11 and 12 in my Plex library so they were unavailable with the previous Titan version.

One issue I see with all sections of "TV Shows" type (I have two more of those) is that the skin shows no 'Recently added' content for them.
This applies both to the 'fanout' lists in the righthand part of the vertical main menu (empty for the 'show type' sections) and also for entering into a 'show type' section list through the submenu command "Recently added", which results in a list page with zero entries. And the same also results from using the similar submenu command "In progress" for a 'show type' section.
The fanouts for shows work fine when using the Amber skin to access PlexBMC, so it should be possible to fix for Titan as well.

Fortunately the normal entry into the full listing of a 'show type' section does work fine, so these media sections can still be used with Titan, just not with convenient access to recently added or 'in progress' content.

There's also another section type which is not working properly, though that is not a fault of the Titan skin. My "Photos" section is not working correctly with any Kodi skin, even when going through the Kodi-mode Picture addons commands, so I assume that something is wrong about how the current PlexBMC addon handles pictures for display in Kodi. The listings work fine, but attempts to display any listed picture just leads to a half-minute delay followed by a black screen (no crash though, as 'Escape' goes back to normal menus). I report this error here mainly to draw attention to the fact that this is NOT an issue with Titan, but rather an issue with current PlexBMC.

Another picture-related issue is that I've been unable to use random fanart backgrounds. I assume this is because the skin only uses fanart of the native Kodi libraries for such purposes, and since I don't use native Kodi libraries at all, there's no such fanart to be found. Fanart background pictures from PlexBMC do work fine when I navigate the sections and select a show or movie, so that the info for that media entry is then shown with the proper fanart background.

Best regards: dlanor

Just tested this and on my setup the in progress and recenlty added is working fine, for tv show sections too.
Note that Í tested this with the latest code of the skin (will publish new beta tomorrow) and with latest 4.x beta version of the plexbmc addon.

Could you please re-test after I released new beta of the skin and with latest beta of the plex addon ?

My photos section of Plex is out of the skin's reach, guess something isn't totally right within the plex addon, altough I haven't tested (and thus confirmed) this myself as I don't have any picture libraries in my test plex server.

The random fanart backgrounds (and tile images) should work out of the box with the latest beta of the skin. Maybe you could try to re-add the plex shortcuts to your homescreen to see if that helps ?

(2015-05-30, 08:28)stueeey Wrote: Hi Marcel, a few issues I have found when running PlexBMC with Titan... (I don't know if these are addon limitations or issues with Titan mind)

Pre Play screen does not show the movie poster & the OSD when playing/paused also does not show the poster... can this be rectified? thanks.

Hmmm, looks like the plex addon isn't setting the poster correctly... Well, I worked around it. Will provide new beta tomorrow which includes the fix.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-06-02

(2015-05-30, 09:45)Simograndi Wrote: If you want we could ask Marcel to use small icons without circle for the slim odd Smile

@mgonzales: please empty your inbox!

EDIT: @Marcel here it is a small stuff update, just overwrite it Smile

I've added the OSDSlimXxxxx icons which are the previous ones without circles, you can use for the OSD in slim config.

I've also done the wide icons according to latest ones. Can you use these for the large views instead of stretching the squared ones? or alternatively you can just use always the 16:9 ones and crop them to square Smile

stuff update v6

Hi marcel just a reminder Wink

just 2 other things:

- did you remove willingly the settings button from touch buttons? Also what about enabling the media view one?
- in the color theme section with touchscreen if you don't press arrow back (physical) you can't select or scroll any other element outside that list
- please let me know what is the actual size of OSD icons (maybe better regular/slim) so that I can render them at proper resolution, probably fixing the bad looking issue

thank you as always Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - wezley98 - 2015-06-02

(2015-06-02, 00:31)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-31, 15:09)wezley98 Wrote: Great work on the skin.

Sure I can do that, but isn't the loading spinner meant to show up to indicate that Kodi is still loading ?
You mean by loading spinner the small blue dots in the centre of the screen, right ?
I'm sure I can find/create an option to hide it but it is Kodi that is "telling" the skin to show it in the first place so there must be a reason for that...

Your probably right about kodi doing something, since the Pi can be pretty slow at loading stuff sometimes. I've just never seen another skin have the same issue.

To confirm, yes its when you actually start a movie/live tv/tv show. Not when the system is loading. The file plays fine so I guess kodi is building the cache in the background but this obscures the screen while the spinner is shown, something else I noticed is the remote (CEC TV remote) is non-responsive when the spinner is on the screen. Once its gone everything works fine.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - SABERZAID - 2015-06-02

(2015-06-02, 00:32)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-01, 12:16)SABERZAID Wrote: Also another problem is main menu . I cant create a new main menu

Any errors on your screen or in your logs ? This should work just fine.

there is no error , how can i make sure everything is fine ?

as you know i cant see the wedget after the assign , and i cant create a menu , and i cant change the view type for an video addon

(2015-06-02, 01:36)Simograndi Wrote: Hi marcel just a reminder Wink

just 2 other things:

- did you remove willingly the settings button from touch buttons? Also what about enabling the media view one?
- in the color theme section with touchscreen if you don't press arrow back (physical) you can't select or scroll any other element outside that list
- please let me know what is the actual size of OSD icons (maybe better regular/slim) so that I can render them at proper resolution, probably fixing the bad looking issue

thank you as always Smile

1) Thanks for the updated textures, I've included them in the skin but I'm working on something else (the forced views stuff) so not ready yet to publish the new beta. Wil do so later today.

2) Hmm, that's something I need to fix, will do so later today.

3) I created a setting (default ON) to use the larger OSD icons sp users can choose for themselves which one they like. Me personally I like the new ones with the cirkle because they're bigger and better to read from distance but I can imagzine some users think that they're a big too much so that's why I made it a user choice.

The osd icons have a size of 90x90 pixels in the skin, for both slim and big. If you could resize them on your size I think they would be more sharp.

Thank you too for the work with the textures, it all looks very nice to me.

(2015-06-02, 13:26)SABERZAID Wrote: there is no error , how can i make sure everything is fine ?

as you know i cant see the wedget after the assign , and i cant create a menu , and i cant change the view type for an video addon

Would it be possible for you to upload your kodi logfile to pastebin or xbmclogs so I can take a look ?
There must be something failing, almost if the changes aren't written to the storage or something.

(2015-06-02, 11:48)wezley98 Wrote: Your probably right about kodi doing something, since the Pi can be pretty slow at loading stuff sometimes. I've just never seen another skin have the same issue.

To confirm, yes its when you actually start a movie/live tv/tv show. Not when the system is loading. The file plays fine so I guess kodi is building the cache in the background but this obscures the screen while the spinner is shown, something else I noticed is the remote (CEC TV remote) is non-responsive when the spinner is on the screen. Once its gone everything works fine.

I will take a look at the code and optimize some stuff, will post a new beta version of the skin later today with these fixes so you can give it a testdrive.