Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-06-05

Ah OK you meant those, I can make a try, anyway those are customizable Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - l4v4l4mp3 - 2015-06-05

Hi using your skin now for a while and its one of the well looking skins so far.
Therefor I donated you a bootle of vodka (don't like beer Big Grin).

But since some days or weeks I have a small issue:

After starting kodi, the whole kodi crashs when entering the Movie or Series section. (8/10 times)
Since this is not the case with another skin, I think its related to your skin.

Using the latest nightly and lates version of skin. (tested with older versions, too - same result).

So do you have any idea? Is my database to big, or should I give you some more information.

Please feel free to ask me

And for sure - thanks in advance.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - taurus35 - 2015-06-05

(2015-06-05, 15:36)l4v4l4mp3 Wrote: Hi using your skin now for a while and its one of the well looking skins so far.

After starting kodi, the whole kodi crashs when entering the Movie or Series section. (8/10 times)

Using the latest nightly and lates version of skin. (tested with older versions, too - same result).

So do you have any idea? Is my database to big, or should I give you some more information.

I am seeing the same issue. Mainly when entering the movie library, Kodi will hang for 5 seconds or so & then Kodi reboots. I might have to do this 3 or 4 times before it will open the movie library. I have had it in the TV shows section but no where near as often. It happened today after updating to latest Beta (****.16) & backing out of the menu system Kodi just rebooted before getting to the home screen.

Cheers.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mjbxx - 2015-06-05

(2015-06-05, 16:51)taurus35 Wrote:
(2015-06-05, 15:36)l4v4l4mp3 Wrote: Hi using your skin now for a while and its one of the well looking skins so far.

I am seeing the same issue. Mainly when entering the movie library, Kodi will hang for 5 seconds or so & then Kodi reboots. I might have to do this 3 or 4 times before it will open the movie library. I have had it in the TV shows section but no where near as often. It happened today after updating to latest Beta (****.16) & backing out of the menu system Kodi just rebooted before getting to the home screen.

Cheers.

Can you guys provide a Kodi log as it would go a long way in helping to figure out what the issue is.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - jmhenry5150 - 2015-06-05

Marcel,

Can you give a quick summary of what the setting for low-end devices actually changes / adjusts?

Thanks!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - l4v4l4mp3 - 2015-06-05

(2015-06-05, 17:49)mjbxx Wrote: Can you guys provide a Kodi log as it would go a long way in helping to figure out what the issue is.
I have the log handy, but would like to send link only via PN. But I am not allowed to send you or marcelveldt a PN.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-06-05

I've updated my theme, now the background of progress and scroll bar is semitransparent Smile

Red Passion by Simograndi v1.1

Only a thing: can you make skinnable the color of not highlighted cursor in progress bar? right now for example in my theme is a flat grey, while I'd like it white (you could use osd buttons color)
Also what about a circle instead of rounded square? Smile

then 2 little bugs:

- in the enable/disable views window (the one with marks), I can't toggle them on/off with touchscreen or mouse, only keyboard/remote. A similar one, to choose for which languages download subtitles, works correctly

- in info panel there's still the issue with low buttons, I can' scroll them with touchscreen...

thank you, I'm waiting for next beta Wink

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-06-06

(2015-06-05, 18:07)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Marcel,

Can you give a quick summary of what the setting for low-end devices actually changes / adjusts?

Thanks!

It disables some of the more heavy features in the skin:

- automatic OSD popup
- fade animation instead of pan and zoom
- basic volume control instead of rich one

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - l4v4l4mp3 - 2015-06-06

(2015-06-05, 17:49)mjbxx Wrote: Can you guys provide a Kodi log as it would go a long way in helping to figure out what the issue is.

Thanks for your PN, -> sen you a Mail.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-06-06

re: 'Recently added' fanout missing when PlexBMC set to not use 'extra filter menus'
(2015-06-05, 09:15)marcelveldt Wrote: Thanks for testing and finding the root cause. I will compare the Amber skin with Titan to see if I can find why it works with Amber. I saw some methods in the plexbmc skin especially for Amber, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some custom code in the addon that isn't available to the other skins. I will take a look today and let you know.
There is definitely some skin-specific support in the PlexBMC settings submenu 'Look and Feel'. This is where we find the settings for forced views, which can be customized for a few different skins (so not only Amber). You may also be right about some other features being adapted to work well with Amber, but I would think that the API allows any other skin to use those features the same way (once you figure out how to do it).

Quote:As for the "on deck": that is already supported in Titan but it's called "in progress" which is the Kodi term for items that are in progress.
Actually I knew that already, as I have used the 'side menu' commands to enter media sections filtered for 'Recently added' or 'In progress'. I just hadn't found any way to change the fanouts to show 'in progress' content.

Quote:Note that the label saying "recently added" above or below the widgets is in fact a button. If you press it you can toggle between different widget states. This reminds me to make that more clear to users that it's a button..
Yes, I completely missed the fact that these labels are really buttons, so that fact needs to be emphasized somehow. I think the most common difference between buttons and simple text labels is to enclose the text of a button in a 'button frame' of some kind.

Best regards: dlanor

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-06-06

(2015-06-05, 21:25)Simograndi Wrote: I've updated my theme, now the background of progress and scroll bar is semitransparent Smile

Red Passion by Simograndi v1.1

Only a thing: can you make skinnable the color of not highlighted cursor in progress bar? right now for example in my theme is a flat grey, while I'd like it white (you could use osd buttons color)
Also what about a circle instead of rounded square? Smile

then 2 little bugs:

- in the enable/disable views window (the one with marks), I can't toggle them on/off with touchscreen or mouse, only keyboard/remote. A similar one, to choose for which languages download subtitles, works correctly

- in info panel there's still the issue with low buttons, I can' scroll them with touchscreen...

thank you, I'm waiting for next beta Wink

1) Thanks, it's a very nice theme. Updated it in the skin. If you want you can also use github to submit any changes or new color themes. The color thmes are located in the extras folder of the skin.

2) I adjusted the progress bar so that it still be usable as a slider but doesn't have a different color.

3) Hmm, I just tested it and I can control the dialog with mouse and touch just fine. What platform are you testing on and does it make a difference if you have touchmode on or off ?

4) Same as 3, I can scroll them with mouse and touch...

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-06-06

Hi marcel

1) I know but right now it seems a mess to configure and I wouldn't break something on the git LOL

2) ok!

3-4) I'm gonna try deeper later, anyway it's the surfacepro win8.1

thx

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-06-06

Ok I've tested the scroll thing, so here it is :

SurfacePro Win8.1
- touch/mouse support seems to be irrelevant
- if I put the finger on the button and then I swipe to scroll it does nothing.
- if I put the finger outside the footer, then without releasing it i go down upon a button, and only then I scroll, then it works. A bit strange!

Nexus 7 Lollipop 5.1.1
- scroll for buttons works great here... same config as other machine

The window to enable/disable views for both devices doesn't let me mark/unmark them unless with phisical key. Even with only mouse and its support on/off doesn't work.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Mikeyy - 2015-06-06

(2015-06-05, 15:36)l4v4l4mp3 Wrote: After starting kodi, the whole kodi crashs when entering the Movie or Series section. (8/10 times)

Maybe it's same issue, maybe it's not, but I have/had same problem.
Kodi just freezes, nothing is working, but I can use SSH to login to my device (based on OpenElec).

Tracked down issue to full TMP folder. When I deleted everything from TMP folder, everything started working again.
Not sure if Titan skin in filling up TMP folder or some other addon, but this solved it.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-06-07

(2015-06-06, 21:05)Mikeyy Wrote:
(2015-06-05, 15:36)l4v4l4mp3 Wrote: After starting kodi, the whole kodi crashs when entering the Movie or Series section. (8/10 times)

Maybe it's same issue, maybe it's not, but I have/had same problem.
Kodi just freezes, nothing is working, but I can use SSH to login to my device (based on OpenElec).

Tracked down issue to full TMP folder. When I deleted everything from TMP folder, everything started working again.
Not sure if Titan skin in filling up TMP folder or some other addon, but this solved it.

Thanks for sharing this! I've been trying for the last couple of hours to reproduce this issue but i couldn't.
Now it would be nice to know if:
a) this happens again
b) what is filling up the cache...

The only thing I can think of why this happens is because the Titan skin uses lot's of artwork. All media artwork is cached by Kodi is the thumbnails directory so it might just be that the thumbnail directory grew bigger...