Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-06-07

(2015-06-06, 19:22)Simograndi Wrote: Ok I've tested the scroll thing, so here it is :

SurfacePro Win8.1
- touch/mouse support seems to be irrelevant
- if I put the finger on the button and then I swipe to scroll it does nothing.
- if I put the finger outside the footer, then without releasing it i go down upon a button, and only then I scroll, then it works. A bit strange!

Nexus 7 Lollipop 5.1.1
- scroll for buttons works great here... same config as other machine

The window to enable/disable views for both devices doesn't let me mark/unmark them unless with phisical key. Even with only mouse and its support on/off doesn't work.

Thanks for testing...It was the (in)famous windows touch problem again... Applied a fix for that, available in next beta

(2015-06-05, 15:36)l4v4l4mp3 Wrote: Hi using your skin now for a while and its one of the well looking skins so far.
Therefor I donated you a bootle of vodka (don't like beer Big Grin).

But since some days or weeks I have a small issue:

After starting kodi, the whole kodi crashs when entering the Movie or Series section. (8/10 times)
Since this is not the case with another skin, I think its related to your skin.

Using the latest nightly and lates version of skin. (tested with older versions, too - same result).

So do you have any idea? Is my database to big, or should I give you some more information.

Please feel free to ask me

And for sure - thanks in advance.

Thanks for the donation! Cheers :-)

Look at the comments a few posts back. The problem could be related to your temp folder being full.
Please look if you can empty your Kodi temp directory.

BTW: I have looked at your log and spotted some other errors too that might be related. It looks like you have some half broken Kodi install, I saw lot's of missing stuff errors, for example the titan helper script is missing which is really needed to run the skin properly. I think this is related to the temp directory. Please take the following steps:

1) empty temp directory
2) delete skin.titan (or skin.titan.helix if you're on beta) from addons folder
3) delete script.titanskin.helpers from addons folder
4) reinstall the skin from the repo

OR completely wipe Kodi and the userdata directory and start fresh

(2015-06-05, 16:51)taurus35 Wrote: I am seeing the same issue. Mainly when entering the movie library, Kodi will hang for 5 seconds or so & then Kodi reboots. I might have to do this 3 or 4 times before it will open the movie library. I have had it in the TV shows section but no where near as often. It happened today after updating to latest Beta (****.16) & backing out of the menu system Kodi just rebooted before getting to the home screen.

Cheers.
See previous posts, please take a look at your Kodi temp folder...

(2015-06-06, 12:50)dlanor Wrote: There is definitely some skin-specific support in the PlexBMC settings submenu 'Look and Feel'. This is where we find the settings for forced views, which can be customized for a few different skins (so not only Amber). You may also be right about some other features being adapted to work well with Amber, but I would think that the API allows any other skin to use those features the same way (once you figure out how to do it).

I managed to solve the issue with the ondeck/recently added items, this will be available in tonight's next beta version of the skin.

Titan isn't supported in the "forced views" options of plexbmc, altough it's requested to the plexbmc devs to add it in by another user here.
There might be no need to use it however because Titan supports it's own forced views functionality which is an overall setting, not just for 1 addon.

BTW: I've also made the buttons more clear for the widget selections.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Tennyten - 2015-06-07

(2015-06-07, 00:26)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 21:05)Mikeyy Wrote:
(2015-06-05, 15:36)l4v4l4mp3 Wrote: After starting kodi, the whole kodi crashs when entering the Movie or Series section. (8/10 times)
Since this is not the case with another skin, I think its related to your skin.

Maybe it's same issue, maybe it's not, but I have/had same problem.
Kodi just freezes, nothing is working, but I can use SSH to login to my device (based on OpenElec).

Tracked down issue to full TMP folder. When I deleted everything from TMP folder, everything started working again.
Not sure if Titan skin in filling up TMP folder or some other addon, but this solved it.

Thanks for sharing this! I've been trying for the last couple of hours to reproduce this issue but i couldn't.
Now it would be nice to know if:
a) this happens again
b) what is filling up the cache...

The only thing I can think of why this happens is because the Titan skin uses lot's of artwork. All media artwork is cached by Kodi is the thumbnails directory so it might just be that the thumbnail directory grew bigger...

I wouldn't delete the kodi cache though. I just did that and Titan will not load despite re-installing.

Oops, there was an error in the 3.3.17 version that would completely hang your Kodi install.
I have just uploaded version 3.3.18 to the repo which solves this issue.

If your system is currently stuck, just reboot it or wait untill it automatically picks up the update.
The other thing you can do is delete the skin.titan.helix folder from your addons folder.'

Sorry for the trouble folks. I guess it's the risk of trying out beta stuff ;-)

(2015-06-07, 05:38)Tennyten Wrote: I wouldn't delete the kodi cache though. I just did that and Titan will not load despite re-installing.

That might be related to the bad 3.3.17 update... See previous post

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - werewolf80 - 2015-06-07

Just deleted the folder and tried to re-install from the repo (refreshed), but it gave version .17 back.... Guess a bit of patience is the key :-P

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-06-07

Hi marcel, just tried beta 18.... everything works like a charm thank you!!! Big Grin

Then the new busy anymation stuff..... well done guys! I suggest enabling screen dim by default, it looks much better

Please only check the color name/color in settings, sometimes they don't reflect the corrispondency Wink

Now I'm waiting to update translation!

EDIT: please check also the text color (looks gray) for Music Widget label, all others work fine!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - saitoh183 - 2015-06-07

(2015-06-07, 04:35)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 12:50)dlanor Wrote: There is definitely some skin-specific support in the PlexBMC settings submenu 'Look and Feel'. This is where we find the settings for forced views, which can be customized for a few different skins (so not only Amber). You may also be right about some other features being adapted to work well with Amber, but I would think that the API allows any other skin to use those features the same way (once you figure out how to do it).

I managed to solve the issue with the ondeck/recently added items, this will be available in tonight's next beta version of the skin.

Titan isn't supported in the "forced views" options of plexbmc, altough it's requested to the plexbmc devs to add it in by another user here.
There might be no need to use it however because Titan supports it's own forced views functionality which is an overall setting, not just for 1 addon.

I did close my request because you added support and i found it would have been redundant and could confused or even cause problems if both options are enabled at the time.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-06-07

(2015-06-07, 04:35)marcelveldt Wrote: I managed to solve the issue with the ondeck/recently added items, this will be available in tonight's next beta version of the skin.
I guess you managed to complete this fix sooner than planned, as I'm using v3.3.19 right now, and the fanouts seem to work well with the 'extra filter menus' disabled.

Unfortunately there seems to be a problem for those who do want it enabled...
I had it enabled from an earlier test, and after updating the skin the fanout showed the menu line entries of the 'extra filter menu' instead of proper fanout thumbnails.

For me the change is a great improvement, since I always want to keep those extra menus disabled, but there are probably people with the opposite view too.

Quote:Titan isn't supported in the "forced views" options of plexbmc, altough it's requested to the plexbmc devs to add it in by another user here.
I like what you're saying here, though I'm still unclear on exactly how it works.
I did find the setting "Enable forced views" in the "Media library views" submenu.
So I'm setting this now and will test its effects.

Edit:
I've now tested the forced view usage, and it works fine for TV show sections though I really don't see much point in having it for movie sections without sublist structure. For those sections it just forces all such sections to use the same mode, which is NOT a good thing. (eg: some sections may need a different main list mode, like for personal media or clip collections that have no real posters)

Forced view modes are most useful for media types with sublist structure, such as "TV Shows", or "Music" (which your implementation doesn't cover yet).
It's only for such media types that the forced view mode implementation can reduce end-user configuration efforts significantly.

Quote:BTW: I've also made the buttons more clear for the widget selections.
Yes, those new 'arrow triangle icons' make it clear that this is not just a label on display but a GUI control element.

Best regards: dlanor

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - taurus35 - 2015-06-07

Marcel,

Just noticed a slight bug in the latest Beta. In the Foced view section there is an issue with the section "Inside Movie Sets" (not sure that's exactly what it's called) whereby not all the view types are available i.e "Poster Shift". If I go into the library itself & go into the view settings through Options then all the different view types are available but the skin won't accept the changes if I choose "Poster Shift".

Cheers.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - bob808 - 2015-06-07

I have an issue where my remote is no longer responding. I hear the remote sounds
But the selected area doesn't change. I can use the iOS remote to play a movie and when i do I can stop with the remote but it still won't work for up down left right etc

Is this a problem with the skin?

I am using openelec with emby and Titan. No other plugins etc

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - saitoh183 - 2015-06-08

(2015-06-07, 16:23)dlanor Wrote: Edit:
I've now tested the forced view usage, and it works fine for TV show sections though I really don't see much point in having it for movie sections without sublist structure. For those sections it just forces all such sections to use the same mode, which is NOT a good thing. (eg: some sections may need a different main list mode, like for personal media or clip collections that have no real posters)

Forced view modes are most useful for media types with sublist structure, such as "TV Shows", or "Music" (which your implementation doesn't cover yet).
It's only for such media types that the forced view mode implementation can reduce end-user configuration efforts significantly.

Best regards: dlanor

For Movies this is still useful.. For example I have UFC PPV content under movies and it is separate from my Movie library so it allows me to have a separate view for my UFC content and my Kids Movie content

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - saitoh183 - 2015-06-08

(2015-06-07, 04:35)marcelveldt Wrote:

When setting the widget to view in-progress, if i click a in-progress show, it didnt resume, it started playback from beginning