Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-06-13

Has the Horizontal Panel view changed to display from the left end of the screen middle of the screen?

Don't like it Sad

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-06-13

(2015-06-13, 07:41)mombasa123 Wrote: Has the Horizontal Panel view changed to display from the left end of the screen middle of the screen?

Don't like it Sad

haha! Yes I changed that by request. I like it better myself now too ;-)
But.. as Always I respect everyone's choice is different and I will make it a setting.

(2015-06-12, 00:07)dlanor Wrote: No. Apart from the full virtual keyboard displayed the only text shown is as stated before: "Enter Search Term..."
Messages related to PlexBMC normally mention it by name, so I get the feeling that this popup must belong to something else.
My first impression was that it was native either to the skin or to Kodi itself, but your response now rules out the former.

Btw: I've tried entering various text in response to that "Enter Search Term..." prompt, but it has no apparent effect.
As I press return after such text entry the popup simply disappears, just as if I pressed 'Escape' directly.

Well, I have absolutely no clue where that box is coming from... I think it is related to an addon installed on your setup.
What content does it search if you enter a actual search term ?
I have checked the entire code base of both my skin and Kodi itself for that string and it's nowhere so must be an addon doing this...

I only see two options to solve this:

1) disable some addon you don't use or you suspect of beiing malicious
2) It might be, but I'm not sure, that there is an addon assigned to a widget on your homescreen which is causing this effect. There is a simple way to test this by just disabling all widget functionality. Skin settings --> Home layouts --> disable all widgets

(2015-06-11, 21:01)taurus35 Wrote: Marcel,

Think I just found another slight bug in 3.3.21......On TV shows in the episode section, when set to thumbnails with details the large thumbnail option on the left doesn't seem to be working, it just shows some fanart.

Cheers.
It has always been like that, it shows the thumbnail of the TV show itself.

(2015-06-10, 22:46)drhill Wrote: I decided on Titan for a skin but ran into a problem with it on my two Shield running 3.3.0. I don't think this is a skin specific problem as I've seen it on other skins on my Chromebox running open elec too.

I cannot customize the menu shortcuts for the home screen or power menu. I can make changes, but nothing happens if I hit close and I can't back out of the screen. Has anyone else seen this?

This might be a problem with the skinshortcuts script that is used in the skin to alter the menus.
Would it be possible for you to look into your Kodi logfile after you've opened that screen ?

(2015-06-12, 12:54)wezley98 Wrote: @marcelveldt still getting an issue on rasberry pi 2 with spinner staying on the screen during movie and and tvshows.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load tvshow/movie from NAS drive in Kodi.
2. Movie/tvshow starts spinner which stays on screen, and never disappears without the following wordaround:

At this point kodi kodi no longer responds to CEC remote commands, but if I use Yatse to pause the playing file then resume, the spinner is gone.

This workaround causes a secondary issue where the OSD does not close automatically and I must repeatedly press back on yatse or CEC remote to clear the OSD from the screen.

Could you possible take another look into this please?

Edit: it seems to be when the NAS drive needs to spin up, if the NAS drives are already active it doesn't happen.

I'm afraid that this is not a skin issue... It's Kodi that has a reason to show the loading spinner because it's actually waiting for the NAS to be available. I tried to hide the spinner last week when the videoscreen is visible but as you may remember that caused the entire skin to lockup.

Please test this with other skins too. I think you will have this issue with all skins because it's just Kodi that is loading (that's the whole reason you see the spinner). The skin itself doesn't call the spinner to be visible. Kodi will do so when needed.

(2015-06-11, 04:11)fashric Wrote: Sorry to if this has been answered previously. I like to queue 3 episodes of the same show to watch and I cannot seem to find an option in this skin that takes me to the list of the episodes I have queued for playback. I could do this in Amber just by selecting the option 'video playlists' from the sidebar menu but it doesn't seem to be present in Titan. Is there a way to enable it?

Video playlists is present in the sidebar menu, just like in Amber.

But... looking at the code I see a little flaw :-) It will only show the playlists button if you're not in a plugin.
Are you using plex integration perhaps ?

(2015-06-11, 16:01)taurus35 Wrote: Marcel,

Just noticed that in 3.3.21 the age ratings are not present in their boxes for either the main movie library view (poster shift) or on the movie info page. Strangely enough they are present within the movie widget section.....within the movies in progress part anyway, didn't check the other view types.

Thanks for noticing, I fixed it and a new beta will be available soon.

(2015-06-12, 12:37)mombasa123 Wrote: Hi Marcel - just noticed in both stable & beta that the Movie/TV Info screen doesn't use extra fanart - ie doesn;t change. It does change on the main screens.

Thanks for noticing, I fixed it and a new beta will be available soon.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - taurus35 - 2015-06-13

(2015-06-13, 15:58)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 21:01)taurus35 Wrote: Marcel,

Think I just found another slight bug in 3.3.21......On TV shows in the episode section, when set to thumbnails with details the large thumbnail option on the left doesn't seem to be working, it just shows some fanart.

Cheers.
It has always been like that, it shows the thumbnail of the TV show itself.

My mistake.....I always used to think it showed a large version of the episode thumbnail as you went from one to the other. Something looked different to what I thought I remembered after an update.

Cheers

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-06-14

(2015-06-13, 15:57)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-12, 00:07)dlanor Wrote: No. Apart from the full virtual keyboard displayed the only text shown is as stated before: "Enter Search Term..."
Messages related to PlexBMC normally mention it by name, so I get the feeling that this popup must belong to something else.
My first impression was that it was native either to the skin or to Kodi itself, but your response now rules out the former.

Btw: I've tried entering various text in response to that "Enter Search Term..." prompt, but it has no apparent effect.
As I press return after such text entry the popup simply disappears, just as if I pressed 'Escape' directly.

Well, I have absolutely no clue where that box is coming from... I think it is related to an addon installed on your setup.
Perhaps, but I've hardly installed ANY addons voluntarily, except for 'Yahoo Weather', PlexBMC, 'PlexBMC helper', and some skins. (Titan, Amber, Night)

But there are many other addons installed which I did NOT want. Some are installed automatically by Kodi, either included with it or auto-loaded at first run.
Others are installed automatically when installing some skins, including your own Titan, which caused automatic loading of some addons (don't recall their names now).
This has happened with each of the other two skins I've installed too, both with Amber and with Night, so I suppose such an addon may 'own' that popup.

Quote:What content does it search if you enter a actual search term ?
Like I said before, entering text into that dialog has no visible effects at all. It simply goes away again, just as if I just close the dialog by physical 'Escape' key or 'Cancel' button in its virtual keyboard.

Quote:I have checked the entire code base of both my skin and Kodi itself for that string and it's nowhere so must be an addon doing this...
Yes, I agree. Most likely the popup comes from some addon misbehaving.

Quote:I only see two options to solve this:

I don't really suspect any of them (or the popup itself) as being malicious in intent. All that I didn't install actively myself instead came as dependencies of either Kodi itself or one of the three skins I've installed, and I can't suspect any of these serious and well established developers of any malware activitity.
As for addons I don't use, that's hard to pin down, when I know that some skins have addon dependencies.
So they may still use them and need them even if I don't do it consciously myself.

Quote:2) It might be, but I'm not sure, that there is an addon assigned to a widget on your homescreen which is causing this effect. There is a simple way to test this by just disabling all widget functionality. Skin settings --> Home layouts --> disable all widgets
Doing so has killed the fanouts of all media sections. So that setting is a severe handicap in itself.
Without fanouts I simply wouldn't use the skin. I'd rather use it with the occasional unwanted popups.

But in any case I think we can drop this as a potential Titan issue.
You're probably right about an addon being responsible, somehow misinterpreting the activity context and triggering its use of that popup.

Best regards: dlanor

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mihawk90 - 2015-06-14

(2015-06-14, 00:20)dlanor Wrote:
Quote:I only see two options to solve this:

I don't really suspect any of them (or the popup itself) as being malicious in intent. All that I didn't install actively myself instead came as dependencies of either Kodi itself or one of the three skins I've installed, and I can't suspect any of these serious and well established developers of any malware activitity.
As for addons I don't use, that's hard to pin down, when I know that some skins have addon dependencies.
So they may still use them and need them even if I don't do it consciously myself.
I don't think he meant malicious in a sense of "built to destroy your setup", but rather in a sense that it is conflicting with something.
What you might try is disabling both other skins, then disable any addon that can be disabled (if it is still used by titan or another addon, it will tell you and not let you disable it). Once you disabled you can test again and if it still happens you know at least it is definitely Titan and/or its dependencies.
If you re-enable the skins afterwards it should also enable all dependencies again, so it shouldn't pose any problem (in any case you can always make a list of which addons you disabled).

Quote:
Quote:2) It might be, but I'm not sure, that there is an addon assigned to a widget on your homescreen which is causing this effect. There is a simple way to test this by just disabling all widget functionality. Skin settings --> Home layouts --> disable all widgets
Doing so has killed the fanouts of all media sections. So that setting is a severe handicap in itself.
Without fanouts I simply wouldn't use the skin. I'd rather use it with the occasional unwanted popups.

But in any case I think we can drop this as a potential Titan issue.
You're probably right about an addon being responsible, somehow misinterpreting the activity context and triggering its use of that popup.

It might kill the fanouts or functionality in general, but that's the point of a beta version for testing, isn't it? This is obviously just meant to be a test if it still happens once the widgets are disabled. It doesn't mean you can't enable them again once you have your test results Wink
If you're using a beta version you should be prepared to do such tests, and sometimes (rarely) completely destroy your setup (I've had that happen with different things then and again).
Also you should make backups regularly anyway (even without Betas, but that's a different story), or schedule automatic backups.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-06-14

(2015-06-13, 12:40)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-13, 07:41)mombasa123 Wrote: Has the Horizontal Panel view changed to display from the left end of the screen middle of the screen?

Don't like it Sad

haha! Yes I changed that by request. I like it better myself now too ;-)
But.. as Always I respect everyone's choice is different and I will make it a setting.

Thx Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Tim8 - 2015-06-14

Great work with the skin lately, I changed my loading animation to the coffee cup as a joke but now like it haha.

Question for you, did I do something or is the buffer bar gone now?

Also, is there anyway to customize the navigation sounds? I like the selection and back sounds, that's why I don't turn it off. But, I'm getting tired of the main navigation sound. (Would be nice to be able to disable just that one and keep the select and back sound effects.)

Thanks!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - B-Fir3 - 2015-06-15

Loving this skin. I'm having problems getting the ExtraFanart to work though, strangely enough. There's no problems with cycling through my extrafanart in other skins, but Titan doesn't seem to work. I have the setting enabled in the Skin Settings for Media Viewtypes...but it doesn't work. Am I missing osmething here?