Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-06-20

@marcelveldt:
I have now had time to test the new Titan v3.3.24, and I do have much of the channels working, though not all channel videos work perfectly.
But I believe this to be partly a problem with the PMS server, as I get a Win7 app crash message saying "PlexNewTranscode.exe has stopped working".
Here it's relevant to note that when playing the same video in "Plex Home Theater", the media info popup shows it as 'direct-play' so no transcoding used.

For some of the Titan failures I can still open that channel video by switching to Amber and starting the clip through Amber's channel fanout.
After doing that I can also switch back to Titan again, to open that same video which earlier failed, once Amber has 'initialized' it.
By repeating this for several such videos I can end up with Titan being able to repeatedly switch between several such videos that earlier failed.
But sometimes a video that failed for Titan also fails for Amber, so there's no full consistency in this behaviour.
And after terminating Kodi and relaunching it again, everything goes back to scratch. So the effect of Amber's 'initialization' was just temporary.

I'm not sure if this issue warrants any more of your attention though, since a crash of a PMS component is involved.
No matter what erroneous requests a client sends to PMS, that should NEVER cause a PMS component crash.
Sure it can lead to erroneous or completely failed playback, but for any component to crash with OS crash report is unacceptable.
Whenever this happens, it must be considered a bug in that PMS component or whatever other PMS component launched the crashing one.
And thus it's not really your problem... Wink

But I do see it as partly your problem that the unwanted popup still occurs, just as before, and only in the Titan skin.
I regularly test in both Confluence and Amber too, as well as the Night skin occasionally, and the popup only appears with Titan.
It happens spontaneously after each Kodi launch with Titan already active, and after each switch to Titan from other skins,
as well as after each Titan skin modification causing the menu to be rebuilt. So its unwanted triggering is Titan specific. Sad

Btw: Regarding the EXTREME slowness of Kodi to terminate when requested, I too see that, and I see it on all platforms (Win7, Android, whatever).
Sometimes it can hang for 5 minutes without fully terminating. Clicking the Kodi screen in Win7 brings up the usual "Not responding" message for stalled applications.
At this point I just force terminate it. And for similar cases in Android I do the corresponding action too (drag it out of the popup list of running apps).
It's not pleasant having to 'kill' Kodi almost every time when I just want to exit from it. But it doesn't seem to have any other ill effects.

Best regards: dlanor

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-06-20

@dlanor,

There is nothing I can do about some channels are not playing properly. I just present the content of the plexbmc addon and if that one includes errors I can't help it. Like I said before, when I was reviewing the plexbmc addon I saw a lot of stuff that could be improved so they may fix it one day.

It's a shame that that popup issue is still not solved. I looked at every possible scenario in the code and couldn't figure out what could be causing it. Also, my own testsetup with the plex addon doesn't have the issue. Here a couple of suggestions that you might want to look at:

1) If it's related to the "skin shortcuts" script which build the menu's, the problem should occur with every skin that uses the skinshortcuts addon. So for example Actic Zephyr or Mimic.

2) If it's related to the Titan skin's helper service, it must be in the logic for the widget system OR the background builder. Could you please try the following:

- Look at your Kodi favourites --> are there any entries in there pointing to plex ? If so, remove them one by one and see if that solves the issue.

- I know I asked this before but I didn't get the result of your test. In skin settings --> home layout, there's a setting to disable all widgets. When you tried that, was the popup gone ? If so, I know in which direction to look.

- If the above directions didn't solve it... Go to your Kodi userdata folder and open the addons subfolder. In there you will have a folder called "script.titanskin.helpers". Move it (temporary) out of the addons folder and start Kodi. This will start the Titan skin without the helper so expect things to be very broken. At least I'm wondered if the popup is gone then. If it still appears something else is causing it and not the helper service.

Thanks for your patience on this, you must believe me when I say that it's a very strange issue that I cannot reproduce and other member also don't seem to experience which makes it extra difficult to provide a solution.

As for your shutdown issue: wow that's a very long time!. Kodi should shutdown in just a few seconds. I f it's any longer that means that addons are locking up in the background. Take a look at your Kodi logfile after you have done the shutdown. There might be clues in there from addons crashing or fail to respond after Kodi requested them to shutdown.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Avishay - 2015-06-20

Dear Marcel,
First, thanks for the great skin. It is by far my favorite, especially due to its high customization ability.

Recently I've tried the beta version and really loved its new options, unfortunately I've encountered one major bug (huge in my terms) and also some small neglectable ones.

Edit: I have added some more detailed insights regarding that issue.

The biggest issue for me is the fact that since Kodi has a slow shutdown issue, I usually close Kodi using force shutdown (either from task manager or alt+f4) this causes Titan skin beta to reset some of the settings that I've already configured in the skin.
The most annoying thing is that some of the custom menu actions were messed up and all my personal backgrounds were removed.
I have backed up the skin after finishing config, but after restore every menu that messed up was reseted and its custom action has been removed.
I should mention that it does not reset every setting, It does not change basic layout and colors but it deletes all my personal backgrounds and some other important skin settings.
One more thing that is some how related - When assigning custom action to one menu tile from a category (TV Shows for example) it messes the other tiles with custom actions that belongs to TV Shows sources - it seems that it occurs also in the official Titan skin

Minor bugs:
* When trying to select single image to override background or tile image I can't access my PC folders.
* This one is not exactly a bug, but its more a feature change request - Vertical list are not cyclic. When scrolling up it is, but when scrolling down, in the end it goes to 'cancel' instead to top of list

Edit:
* One more annoying bug - Changing menu action resets menu custom name, color and tile image

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - taurus35 - 2015-06-20

Marcel,

The resume option is now fixed when going into the widget but the fanart in the background is still switching to the white youtube/dice background....not sure if that's what it's meant to do....looks odd imo.

Another very slight graphics issue is the flagbox for the IMDb rating seems to be squashed sideways, it's difficult to see but was more noticable when you had the two eyes side by side & they both looked different to each other.

Cheers

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - l4v4l4mp3 - 2015-06-21

(2015-06-07, 01:36)marcelveldt Wrote: Please take the following steps:

1) empty temp directory
2) delete skin.titan (or skin.titan.helix if you're on beta) from addons folder
3) delete script.titanskin.helpers from addons folder
4) reinstall the skin from the repo

OR completely wipe Kodi and the userdata directory and start fresh

Hi sorry for late reply, as said before was on vacation an busy these days. So I completly cleaned up my kodi an re-installed a fresh new kodi with latest Isengard Version.
So for now that seems working fine.

I will monitor that over the next days/weeks, maybe the issues comes up again once the systems spams a bit more over time, like in good old windows.
So re-setup might be an reoccuring option, but not the prefered one, I guess.

So thanks so far. Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-06-21

(2015-06-20, 14:22)Avishay Wrote: The biggest issue for me is the fact that since Kodi has a slow shutdown issue, I usually close Kodi using force shutdown (either from task manager or alt+f4) this causes Titan skin beta to reset some of the settings that I've already configured in the skin. I should mention that it does not reset every setting, It does not change basic layout and colors but it deletes all my personal backgrounds and some other important skin settings.
You should never kill Kodi like that, it will cause a lot of issues! Kodi uses the file guisettings.xml to save all Kodi settings, including your skin preferences. If you hard kill Kodi while it's writing to that file it will screw the settingsfile and at next start a new one will be created, so that's why you see that behaviour. The solution is to find out why it isn't shutting down properly. This is almost certain an addon that is badly coded. For example all the addons that aren't in official Kodi repo providing all kinds of illegal streaming content, they can really screw up your setup. I'd suggest you to make a copy of your Kodi userdata folder and then start Kodi fresh. You will notice that it will close down instantly. So, to repeat my previous explaination: Kodi itself does really not have a shutdown issue. Addons that do work in the background and which do not respond to the Kodi request to shutdown cause your issues. On the fresh start, install your addons one by one to see which one of them is causing the troubles.

(2015-06-20, 14:22)Avishay Wrote: * When trying to select single image to override background or tile image I can't access my PC folders.
You should add the paths you'd like to acces as a source in the file manager. Those browse dialogs only show paths that are added as a source in file manager. That is in fact a Kodi issue ;-)

(2015-06-20, 14:22)Avishay Wrote: * This one is not exactly a bug, but its more a feature change request - Vertical list are not cyclic. When scrolling up it is, but when scrolling down, in the end it goes to 'cancel' instead to top of list
Tbh I did that on purpose because most people won't understand that you have to press left or right to access the buttons below the list. I know this is done in many Kodi skins like that but purely out of user interaction it's a very strange thing to do.Offcourse if it bothers people I can create an option to override the behaviour.

(2015-06-20, 14:22)Avishay Wrote: * One more annoying bug - Changing menu action resets menu custom name, color and tile image
Yep, I know. It's coded that way in the skinshortcuts addon. If I have some spare time I can take a look at the skinshortcuts if I can add some code to make it different as I don't like the behaviour myself either.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - ipguy - 2015-06-21

Hi all

Does this skin support a recording icon in the EPG for shows currently being recorded now and in the future ?

(2015-06-21, 00:33)ipguy Wrote: Hi all

Does this skin support a recording icon in the EPG for shows currently being recorded now and in the future ?

Yes it does. It will display a TIMER icon for items that are scheduled and a RECORD icon for shows beiing recorded

(2015-06-21, 00:43)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 00:33)ipguy Wrote: Hi all

Yes it does. It will display a TIMER icon for items that are scheduled and a RECORD icon for shows beiing recorded
I'm not seeing the icons, do I need to turn this feature on somewhere?

Also, can I change the icon if I want?

(2015-06-21, 00:54)ipguy Wrote: I'm not seeing the icons, do I need to turn this feature on somewhere?

No, it's on by default. Does your PVR addon support it ?
I just tested this. Recordings icons show up just fine.

Not possible to change the icons but I think they're just fine.

(2015-06-21, 01:38)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 00:54)ipguy Wrote: I'm not seeing the icons, do I need to turn this feature on somewhere?

mmmm.... ok i'll have to doublecheck if the icons are there.
my PVR add-on does support it as i was previously using the mimic skins and they were there, had to stop using that skin as it doesn't support series record

(2015-06-21, 01:52)ipguy Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 01:38)marcelveldt Wrote:

mmmm.... ok i'll have to doublecheck if the icons are there.
my PVR add-on does support it as i was previously using the mimic skins and they were there, had to stop using that skin as it doesn't support series record
All good
I can see the icon but it doesn't seem like there is a icon that's different for series record right ?

(2015-06-21, 02:27)ipguy Wrote: I can see the icon but it doesn't seem like there is a icon that's different for series record right ?

No, Kodi doesn't support that info... I miss that info myself too.

(2015-06-21, 02:43)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 02:27)ipguy Wrote: I can see the icon but it doesn't seem like there is a icon that's different for series record right ?

No, Kodi doesn't support that info... I miss that info myself too.
Not a huge deal, thanks mate

(2015-06-20, 21:49)taurus35 Wrote: Marcel,

The resume option is now fixed when going into the widget but the fanart in the background is still switching to the white youtube/dice background....not sure if that's what it's meant to do....looks odd imo.

Another very slight graphics issue is the flagbox for the IMDb rating seems to be squashed sideways, it's difficult to see but was more noticable when you had the two eyes side by side & they both looked different to each other.

Cheers

both issues resolved in new beta. Thanks for noticing!