Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2014-10-04

(2014-10-04, 13:50)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-10-04, 11:19)logan_x50 Wrote: couple of behaviours to look at I think:-
1) when sub-menu is auto show> selecting that sub-menu navigation breaks...unable to navigate away from the sub-menu
2) with auto show widget> selecting that widget the picture overlaps the information pane. suggest sliding the picture row down as per behaviour for widgets without auto show
3) with sub-menu showing the power button cannot be selected> to get to power button its necessary to navigate to tile without a sub menu. suggest that when in a sub menu a "down press" selects the power button

You're totally right, missed that somehow. Behaiour was fine with 2 rows of tiles but wrong with the 1 row.
Fixed it in latest version so please try again. If everything is okay now, this can go to stable repo.

Wow, that was quick and all seems butter smooth to me now. I spotted something very very minor for your backlog
Settings>Appearance>Skin Settings
Remove semi highlighted "Screensaver" menu when selecting "Skin Settings"

Forgot to mention, I do still see the Titan Skin Helper Failed message on startup but as the notification sound is much more pleasant to my ears it doesn't bother me. I've been testing using Helix btw. What does this helper service do? I don't notice any impact as I navigate around the skin

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-04

(2014-10-04, 14:22)logan_x50 Wrote: Wow, that was quick and all seems butter smooth to me now. I spotted something very very minor for your backlog
Settings>Appearance>Skin Settings
Remove semi highlighted "Screensaver" menu when selecting "Skin Settings"

Forgot to mention, I do still see the Titan Skin Helper Failed message on startup but as the notification sound is much more pleasant to my ears it doesn't bother me. I've been testing using Helix btw. What does this helper service do? I don't notice any impact as I navigate around the skin

Thanks, please let me know if you find anything else.
If it's stable, it can go to main repo.

The helper service is mainly meant if you're using MediaBrowser or Plex as the library and is used for all the custom actions in the skin like sorting home-menu, submenu's etc.

In Helix there currently is a bug in latest versions which causes the error.
Nothing to worry about, will be fixed in Kodi (i hope).

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2014-10-04

downloaded the helix version and quickly took it for a test drive. All looked brilliant.
One inconsitency I saw was the download version was .20 but .19 shows in the bottom right of the skin

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Martijn - 2014-10-04

(2014-10-04, 16:16)marcelveldt Wrote: In Helix there currently is a bug in latest versions which causes the error.
Nothing to worry about, will be fixed in Kodi (i hope).

we are not aware of a bug so nothing to be fixed

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-04

(2014-10-04, 16:49)Martijn Wrote: we are not aware of a bug so nothing to be fixed

Hi Martijn,
Thanks for the catch ;-)
I now notice you're absolutely right, I've read the logs wrong.
It's not the urllib that is failing but a piece of my own code :-)

I was confusing the error with an error I've read about in some forums with latest Helix builds.
My mistake :-)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Martijn - 2014-10-04

great Tongue

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2014-10-06

@marcelveldt. Just a quick note to say that .20 is deployed to main XBMC box in the living room and the whole family thinks its great. Thanks you very much. I hope the skin goes from strength to strength and gets the huge number of users it deserves.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-07

(2014-10-06, 20:05)logan_x50 Wrote: @marcelveldt. Just a quick note to say that .20 is deployed to main XBMC box in the living room and the whole family thinks its great. Thanks you very much. I hope the skin goes from strength to strength and gets the huge number of users it deserves.

Thanks! Great to hear you like it.
I'm finishing up the latest flaws and than this release goes to stable repo.
After that I'll work on some more features. Thanks for your feedback and ideas to get the skin better.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - PeteTheBeat - 2014-10-09

Hey there,
I found a very strange bug running your skin on the raspberry pi: when I play music, the background gets black but with a lot of pink and blue pixels. I guess there should be a fanart.
And I also have a suggestion for the skin: A option where I can choose if I want to see the actual playing in the background or not (just like confluence has it).
And at last, I also have a question: Can I somehow change the language? Because it is set to English, but i speak Dutch and so the UI has a weird mix of dutch (from xbmc settings) and english.

Greetings
Pete

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-09

(2014-10-09, 19:03)PeteTheBeat Wrote: Hey there,
I found a very strange bug running your skin on the raspberry pi: when I play music, the background gets black but with a lot of pink and blue pixels. I guess there should be a fanart.
And I also have a suggestion for the skin: A option where I can choose if I want to see the actual playing in the background or not (just like confluence has it).
And at last, I also have a question: Can I somehow change the language? Because it is set to English, but i speak Dutch and so the UI has a weird mix of dutch (from xbmc settings) and english.

Greetings
Pete

Hi Pete,

That's some really strange behaviour you describe. Background should be either the video that is playing (if video is playing) or in case of music the artist-slidehsow plugin. My guess is that the problem lies within the artist slideshow. Could you please try to disable that add-on for a test to see if the background is fine than ? The behaviour of the skin is that it uses the artist slideshow plugin by default but will fall back to standard fanart if the plugin isn't enabled.

About the "now playing" background... I'll add an option in skin settings to turn in off. Available in upcoming release.

The language is another very strange thing... I'm Dutch myself and the whole skin-specific strings are both in English and in Dutch. I have never seen the behaviour that you see them both mixed ?!

What version of the skin are you using ? Also, what version of XBMC ?
Are the English strings you describe only in skin settings or other sections too ?

If you want to get help in Dutch, just send me a PM.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - PeteTheBeat - 2014-10-10

Hey there.
Thanks for helping me! Turning the artist slideshow of helped for the background, thanks a lot.
About the language problem:
Well, I set my xbmc on german because dutch is not my mother language, and there the bug happens (also in all other languages like french). Changing the language to dutch again changed it.
So adding somewhere a file where I personaly can change the strings would be amazing!

Veel lof voor deze addon!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-12

(2014-10-10, 18:04)PeteTheBeat Wrote: Hey there.
Thanks for helping me! Turning the artist slideshow of helped for the background, thanks a lot.
About the language problem:
Well, I set my xbmc on german because dutch is not my mother language, and there the bug happens (also in all other languages like french). Changing the language to dutch again changed it.
So adding somewhere a file where I personaly can change the strings would be amazing!

Veel lof voor deze addon!

Hi Pete,
In the "artist slideshow" plugin there is a setting to "enable transparent background" if no fanart is found, please enable that and enable the addon again. If that doesn't help I can try to get in contact with the author of that addon to check what the problem could be.

The "problem" you describe with the language is no bug. The skinsettings are only translated in Dutch and English, other languages are still missing. If you think you can help with translating to other languages that would be really great. Can I send you PM with the language file for that ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-12

(2014-10-09, 19:03)PeteTheBeat Wrote: And I also have a suggestion for the skin: A option where I can choose if I want to see the actual playing in the background or not (just like confluence has it).

This setting is now available in latest beta version of the skin: 2.0.22

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - PeteTheBeat - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-12, 12:23)marcelveldt Wrote: The "problem" you describe with the language is no bug. The skinsettings are only translated in Dutch and English, other languages are still missing. If you think you can help with translating to other languages that would be really great. Can I send you PM with the language file for that ?

Of course, feel free to send me the file! Thanks for the help! BTW: How do I get a Beta-Version?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 16:50)PeteTheBeat Wrote: Of course, feel free to send me the file! Thanks for the help! BTW: How do I get a Beta-Version?

I just send you the language file in a PM!

Beta versions are available on the MediaBrowser repo:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7194-xbmb3c-gotham-repo/