Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-07-07

(2015-07-07, 22:40)burekas Wrote: Because it happens again, on window size the title is OK,
but when switching to full screen the title is cut a little. (This is not about the title length, even with a short title it happens
Like I said... it happens when you switch between the window size...
Either start Kodi fullsize or start it windowed. Switching between them will cause glitches.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-07-07

(2015-07-07, 22:45)master345 Wrote: Will there be any work toward getting the netflix style next up notification looking better with Titan?

Yes, in fact mgonzales has just skinned it for Titan. It will be available in next beta version so please give it a try and let us know.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - master345 - 2015-07-07

(2015-07-07, 22:49)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-07-07, 22:45)master345 Wrote: Will there be any work toward getting the netflix style next up notification looking better with Titan?

Yes, in fact mgonzales has just skinned it for Titan. It will be available in next beta version so please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks I will!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - jlr121268 - 2015-07-08

Hello marcelveldt. I would like to say that of all the skins I have seen, yours seems to be the most appealing and user friendly. I really enjoy working with what limited knowledge I have in dealing with skins. I read all the questions and answers that the members post on here so as to try to become more knowledgeable in working with the skin and what others can do with it. I have your skin running on a rPi2 and it runs great even with an 8 gig sd card in it. The only question I have is; is there a resource that you may have out there that I can read so I can be just as good as the other members so as not to bombard you or the thread with newbie questions. I would like to customize the skin but am having a hard time doing so. For example, have no idea how the widgets work in the movie tile and when adding the submenus to the movie tile to have quick access to the good kodi addons I actually don't get the same result when I add a new customized tile, i.e., sports, and just have the submenus give me the easy access to the good sports addons. Just would like to learn more about your skin, on customizing or finding out how the addons to the skin work when added. Thank you for your time and again....very nice work on the skin.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - bleakassassin - 2015-07-08

First off, I want to say thank you so much for this wonderful skin! I was using a different skin for a long period of time, but Titan won me over. It's amazing both how versatile and stylish it can be.

I do have one issue, though. It has to do with NetfliXBMC. I can get it set up and working just fine. However, if I access another menu item before NetfliXBMC is done loading metadata, that section will revert back to its default view type. For video-based sections, it's "Big Panel Details." Is there a way to prevent this behavior besides refraining from selecting a menu item until NetfliXBMC is finished loading metadata? Even if the solution is to prevent access to other menu items until it's done, that'd be fine.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - wezley98 - 2015-07-08

(2015-07-07, 14:26)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-07-07, 12:12)wezley98 Wrote: @marcelveldt so I have been looking to the spinner loading issue on Raspberry Pi some more, it seems the spinner logo eats cpu cycles and stays on screen a long time while playing movies, the only way around this seems to add a skin option to disable the spinner in DialogBusy.xml similar to how Confluence Modified Skin has tackled this. Could this be added please?

It has already been added :-)

In the skin settings --> general skin settings, you now have an option to select the busy animation.
You can select a leight-weight gif animation OR you can set it to "None" which will completely disable the busy loader.
Note that this is atm only available in the beta version, soon published to the stable version.

When I select none in spinner selection, it show the none icon (spinner with no entry sign over it) Smile is this intended?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-07-08

(2015-07-08, 12:13)wezley98 Wrote: When I select none in spinner selection, it show the none icon (spinner with no entry sign over it) Smile is this intended?

Oops, no... Angel

I'll fix it right away, available in next version.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - jlr121268 - 2015-07-09

has the blog ever been made for beginners for this skin, if so can someone provide me the link...thanks in advance

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - ookgezellig - 2015-07-09

(2015-07-06, 19:36)marcelveldt Wrote: OK, what you want is to set a background on the submenu level. This was once implemented in the skin but got lost somehow.
Would be a quick fix, no need to edit the xml files yourself as that will be overwritten with every update of the skin.
Look out for the next beta to test if it's fixed.

Excellent, many thanks!. I''ll refrain from editing the xmls myself and look forward to testing the next beta

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - taurus35 - 2015-07-09

Hi Marcel,

Thanks as always for the latest update. Have found a couple of small bugs, one of which was in earlier Beta versions.

When the Movies in Progress widget is empty, it displays a plot from the last movie that was selected from one of the other widget options. You might have to scroll through them & back to Movies in Progress to trigger it first time.

I am not getting the new disc icons for collections showing up for all sets. I get the same behaviour in both the movie library & the sub-menu for sets. Some of the collections which aren't getting the disc icons are The Chilli Palmer Collection, Death Race Collection, Chronicles of Riddick Collection & Happyfeet Collection. I am getting this same behaviour on both my Openelec system & my Windows system with the same collections affected.

Cheers.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - TTTG - 2015-07-09

Hi Marcel,

Another couple of small issues I've found :-

1) Some of the video view modes seem to show the Duration in 2 different formats but it's not consistent between the values in the list and the values in the detail section or between the different view modes. On the screenshot below you can see on the left it lists duration as "1.32 (92 min.)", but in the list it's " (92 min.)".

2) Also you can see that the Director does not wrap below and instead goes in the list.

3) In the Skin Settings when you scroll down to "Color themes" the focus is lost and instead focus is given to the list of themes, not sure if this is intended or not.

4) When using the default modern colour theme, filtering on certain values doesn't seem to show the value on the screen. On the screenshot below I've chosen to filter on the Title "Death" but it's not shown regardless of whether focus is on the Title field or not. The same thing happens on the search screen in Live TV and I believe it also happened when I was setting up rules for a new smart playlist.

Thanks
TTT

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Avishay - 2015-07-09

Hi Marcel,
My question is related to a combination of your skin and a specific add-on.
When I'm using my usual movies add-on, the add-on is built like that so I can choose a stream for a specific movie out of a few possible streams.
It goes like this, I'm pressing the 'C' button to use the context menu, then I'm pressing 'Choose stream' and then a menu is being opened with all the available streams. Screenshot attached.
The problem I'm facing with is that the menu that is being opened is too narrow, and therefore i can't see the full name with details of the available streams.

the reason I'm posting this question here and not under this movies add-on thread is that the problem does not occurs in some other skins.
In other skins this menu is either wider, and in some skins it is narrow but when I highlight a line on the menu, the line is scrolling from left to right.

I would like to know if there is something I can change in one of the .xml files (or any other setting) in order to:
1. My highest priority - Make the menu wider
2. Make it scroll from left to right
3. Any other solution you think might help to see the full stream name

One more detail - I'm using Titan skin official version (from Kodi repo) and not the beta versions.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - daruda - 2015-07-09

Hi,

I've got a problem with the emby smart shortcuts. When I got to that menu option, It only shows "movies", "tv" and "childrens" - no music or pictures. I can load music, but i have to use the kodi music option and not the emby shortcut. I've got 2 sections set up in emby for music. I can't get pictures to work at all.

Is there a way that I can specify these sections via shortcut text?

Cheers.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - stueeey - 2015-07-09

Hi, Marcel... updated to the latest Titan 3.3.29 Beta from the repo - (pushed to day i believe). I have to report a Titan skin helper script (Beta) error...

I noticed that when I installed dependancies were not met, but then it seemed to push on and install anyway... When re-launching it crashed Kodi twice on start and third time launched with the script error.

This was a fresh install of Kodi running todays Kodi Isengard nightly build. Should i back track to the Isengard RC 1 release?

I've not seen any similar forum reporting the script error here, you may already be aware of the issues?

Anything I can do to assist just ask.

UPDATE EDIT: have run a fresh install of Isengard RC1 on two different PC's, both reporting the same script error.

No dependencies not met this time round.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-07-10

(2015-07-08, 04:33)jlr121268 Wrote: The only question I have is; is there a resource that you may have out there that I can read so I can be just as good as the other members so as not to bombard you or the thread with newbie questions. I would like to customize the skin but am having a hard time doing so

I'm currently planning on getting another update published to stable so I'm working on fixing some small issues.
Once the new stable version has been released I want to create a FAQ thread in the forums to describe the most common functionality. I will start working on that next week. For now, if you have any questions, why not describe exactly what it is you want to do and what steps you did perform yourself to make things work. Note that you can customize the skin entirely, take a look in the skin settings to see what I mean. For example if you want to change the menus, submenus or widgets --> skin settings --> configure shortcuts.
In that screen you can alter the entire shortcuts on your screen to open addons and so on.
Just experiment with it, there's nothing you can break. If you made some mistakes there's a convenient backup function in the skin and a reset to default settings.