Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dandubi - 2014-10-13

(2014-09-10, 18:54)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-09-10, 13:56)zukove Wrote: Thank you ullms!
Another question for you guys... When I launch the skin, I get an error sound and the following is displayed:

"Artwork downloaded" 0 downloaded. Then the message disappears. Any way to get rid of it?

Thanks.

This is not an error... I configured the skin to automatically download artwork that is required for the skin. I will make this optional in future version of the skin.

Was this every sorted as I would love to turn this off as it is a bit annoying it popping up every time XBMC loads.

Thanks.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 20:48)dandubi Wrote: Was this every sorted as I would love to turn this off as it is a bit annoying it popping up every time XBMC loads.

Thanks.

Yes, you can disable it in the skin settings...
New default setting (for fresh installs) is that it isn't even enabled at all.

The official xbmc repo is down for maintenance untill Tuesday so if you want this setting now, please upgrade to the latest beta version on the XBMB3C repo, else just wait a few days untill the xbmc repo is available again.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dandubi - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 20:50)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 20:48)dandubi Wrote: Was this every sorted as I would love to turn this off as it is a bit annoying it popping up every time XBMC loads.

Thanks.

Yes, you can disable it in the skin settings...
New default setting (for fresh installs) is that it isn't even enabled at all.

The official xbmc repo is down for maintenance untill Tuesday so if you want this setting now, please upgrade to the latest beta version on the XBMB3C repo, else just wait a few days untill the xbmc repo is available again.

That is great thanks. I only done a fresh install yesterday but must not have got the latest version. I will have ago at the XBMB3C repo and try that way.

Thanks for the quick reply.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - daruda - 2014-10-18

Hi,

Love this skin. I'm trying to add a custom tile for "Childrens" shows which I've added to media browser. I can't see how to do it in the settings. Is it possible to do this?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-19

(2014-10-18, 12:59)daruda Wrote: Hi,

Love this skin. I'm trying to add a custom tile for "Childrens" shows which I've added to media browser. I can't see how to do it in the settings. Is it possible to do this?

Yes, you can add tiles for your collections in the skin settings --> configure home tiles --> tiles for mediabrowser collections.
Just enable the tiles you want.

You can also wait for the new version which will be available today or tomorrow.
This makes use of a complete new way to customize the home menu shortcuts, than it will be much easier to add custom tiles.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-20

NEW BETA VERSION AVAILABLE --> Version 2.1.0

There is a new beta version of the skin available of the skin on the XBMB3C (mediabrowser) repo.
Besides a great amount of fixes and polishing of some things there are really great features added:

1. switch to skinshortcuts script

I decided to adjust my whole skin and adopt the superior skinshortcuts-script in order to make the whole menu-system more flexibele, stable and to fix some things that where a bit of a pain before (like sorting the menu and setting options).

2. new (user friendly) settings screen to manage home screen
- All of the settings that are home-menu related can now be done from one screen!
- Endless creation of your own tiles to any point in the system you want.
- create your own submenu's and set widgets
- mix sources from different libraries in the menu's
- set backgrounds on a per-tile base (defaults are provided)

3. custom background for loginscreen
You can now set a personal background for the loginscreen

4. option to set the background overlay
set the background overlay to the darker or white (snow) theme.

5. German language for skin-only strings

Thanks to XBMC user PeteTheBeat !

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The switch to the new system for managing the home menu's has a lot of advantages. Unfortunately there's also a downside...
If you had custom tile images or even custom tiles set they will not be migrated if you update to this beta.
I tried to create some migration scripts but this simply wasn't possible without a lot of dirty hacking.
Basically you just have to add your own custom tiles and backgrounds again but with the new settings screen for that it will be very easy to do.

I provide a very good set of default home menu items so you won't have a big problem.
I think that in 95% of the cases all tiles will be there again so no problems with the wife calling she can't watch a movie ;-)
No other skin settings will be lost so if you had the skin setup before to use MediaBrowser it still will be and even the custom collection tiles will be loaded etc. etc.

NOTE ABOUT BETA VERSIONS

This update is a beta version ONLY available on the XBMB3C repo.
If it' proven stable it will be available on the main XBMC repo within the next week.

NOTE ABOUT CUSTOM TILES TO MB3 COLLECTIONS:

The MB3 collections ARE available but they're all listed as "custom location" under the MediaBrowser library node.
That's because I have some issues with retrieving the window properties from the skinshortcuts-script. Will contact the author of the script to figure out a way to do that. For now just pick one and you can see on the home screen which one it was...

Offcourse you can also add the tiles with goiing to Video Add-ons --> XBMB3C --> pick any item you want.
Recommended is to do it through the method mentoid before as you get widget support with that (submenu's will also be added in later release).

NOTE ABOUT TILES ON HOME:

If you've used a skin in the past that also makes use of the skinshortcuts-scripts, for example Black Glass Nova, than the entries will be used that you've specified in that skin. My tip is when you don't really like the homescreen tiles or you see weird behaviour is to reset the shortcuts. There's a button for that in the editscreen for the menu.

If you find any issues, please let me know!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - daruda - 2014-10-20

Hi marcelveldt,

Giving this new version a go. Looks good so far. Still struggling to see how to add a tile for a custom for a media browser library (in my case, childrens). I've chosen "TV Shows" from the widgets menu for my tile, but not sure what to put into "action".

Can you point me in the right direction?

(2014-10-20, 13:06)daruda Wrote: Hi marcelveldt,

Giving this new version a go. Looks good so far. Still struggling to see how to add a tile for a custom for a media browser library (in my case, childrens). I've chosen "TV Shows" from the widgets menu for my tile, but not sure what to put into "action".

Can you point me in the right direction?

Hi Daruda,
It is very simple to do just that. Open up the skin settings and go to the "edit homeschreen dialog".
Arrange the tiles in the order you like and delete any you don't use.
To add extra tiles (to any location you want), just add a new entry and press the "choose shortcut" button.
In the next dialog you can choose from a large range of predefined entrypoints and you can even browse your collections and addons to create the shortcut for.
If you're having the mediabrowser mode enabled you will besides the XBMC Library also see the "mediabrowser library", open that one and select the collections node.
Well you should see the names of all your defined collections here (like children) but there cirrently is a flaw in the addon which causes to display every collection just as "custom entry" in the settings screen. But, if you add one to your home menu it will show up (and work) just fine. Untill this is fixed it's kind of trial and error, I'll contact the author of the addon today for support with this issue.

You really don't need to use the button to change the action, that's for advanced use only to override the default action of a button. You can just select entry point with the "choose shortcut" dialog.

I hope that my explaination gets you goiing. Besides that, the skin provides a very good default for the tiles on the homescreen, including the first 4 user collections.
So basically if you reset the shortcuts to defaults your tiles will be added automatically!

To reset the menu to skin defaults, press the reset button in the settings screen for the home menu.

Please let me know if it works out for you like I suggested.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - daruda - 2014-10-20

Ok thanks - will see how I get on with that tonight. I took a look at the action for some pre-defined ones and saw ActivateWindow(). I'd imagine that you should be able to use that to have a tile for the plexmbc:// style Urls, which would be awesome.

(2014-10-20, 19:24)daruda Wrote: Ok thanks - will see how I get on with that tonight. I took a look at the action for some pre-defined ones and saw ActivateWindow(). I'd imagine that you should be able to use that to have a tile for the plexmbc:// style Urls, which would be awesome.

Yes that's correct. You can also go to XBMC Library --> Videos --> Video Add-Ons and browse the PlexBMC addon.
It's that simple.

BTW: the author of the skinshortcuts script has fixed the issue with the custom libraries for me, available in the latest git version of the script (and soon on offical repo).
https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2014-10-20

Hi Marcelveldt,

Haven't had a chance to play on Gotham as the kids are watching a movie but have been playing with the helix version which shows up as 3.1.0 btw.

First impressions are great. Love the option to define the sub-menu. I think the new configure home tiles structure is a fantastic improvement.

Where is the option to set the login screen background? I couldn't find it.

I'd suggest some text when you highlight "configure home tiles" menu as at first i thought it was broken..I didn't realise you had to click to get to the options.

Because I'm a little bit thick I find the distinction/interworking between "background settings" and tile background setting a bit confusing. I get a bit lost somehow.

Keep up the great work. Skin keeps getting better and better I think

(2014-10-20, 21:05)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi Marcelveldt,

Haven't had a chance to play on Gotham as the kids are watching a movie but have been playing with the helix version which shows up as 3.1.0 btw.
First impressions are great. Love the option to define the sub-menu. I think the new configure home tiles structure is a fantastic improvement.
Where is the option to set the login screen background? I couldn't find it.
I'd suggest some text when you highlight "configure home tiles" menu as at first i thought it was broken..I didn't realise you had to click to get to the options.
Because I'm a little bit thick I find the distinction/interworking between "background settings" and tile background setting a bit confusing. I get a bit lost somehow.
Keep up the great work. Skin keeps getting better and better I think

Thanks for the feedback. You're right about adding help text in the skinsettings, I'll do that before it goes to official repo.
Setting for the custom background is on the settings-screen for profiles --> where you enable the loginscreen.

About your feedback on the background settings: Will it help if I add some clarification in the skinsettings about that ?
Basically you can just set a global background for the skin.
Besides that you can "override" the global background on a per-tile base...

Any ideas how to get the explaination/labels better ? Because I'm Dutch I can imagine I sometimes use the wrong words for things ?

Regards,

Marcel

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2014-10-21

(2014-10-20, 21:11)marcelveldt Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. You're right about adding help text in the skinsettings, I'll do that before it goes to official repo.
Setting for the custom background is on the settings-screen for profiles --> where you enable the loginscreen.

About your feedback on the background settings: Will it help if I add some clarification in the skinsettings about that ?
Basically you can just set a global background for the skin.
Besides that you can "override" the global background on a per-tile base...

Any ideas how to get the explaination/labels better ? Because I'm Dutch I can imagine I sometimes use the wrong words for things ?

Regards,

Marcel

Goedemorgen.

Its a tricky one. I am still confused how you can have for instance weather based background AND section based background. Which parts of the UI become weather based and which section based? Then add in the "override" bit for the tiles and it becomes more complex for me at least.

some ideas:-

Rename "Configure Home tiles" to "Homescreen Tiles" (keep the naming consistent and the configure bit is redundant)
Add "Use Global Background" option to the Homescreen Layout section
Re-work your Background settings page so you can select a "Global Background" as Random Fanart, Weather, Custom Image, Section etc or if you don't select the Global and you have "Section Based" and then you have the section based customisation options in Amber. This would mean you have a flexible Global background or a flexible Section based but not both at the same time. You still have the tile based backgrounds options for even more flexibility

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-21

(2014-10-21, 09:46)logan_x50 Wrote: Goedemorgen.

Its a tricky one. I am still confused how you can have for instance weather based background AND section based background. Which parts of the UI become weather based and which section based? Then add in the "override" bit for the tiles and it becomes more complex for me at least.

some ideas:-

Rename "Configure Home tiles" to "Homescreen Tiles" (keep the naming consistent and the configure bit is redundant)
Add "Use Global Background" option to the Homescreen Layout section
Re-work your Background settings page so you can select a "Global Background" as Random Fanart, Weather, Custom Image, Section etc or if you don't select the Global and you have "Section Based" and then you have the section based customisation options in Amber. This would mean you have a flexible Global background or a flexible Section based but not both at the same time. You still have the tile based backgrounds options for even more flexibility

Thanks, I did do some rework on the settings screens with explainations.
This is how I coded it:

You MUST choose a global background for all sections of the skin.
You CAN enable the tile based override. If you select a override background on a tile, than that background will be shown as you hover over the tile AND that background is applied to the section that the tile opens.

So, for example if you set a green background on the Live TV tile and you hover over the Live TV tile on home, you get that green background. Also if you open Live TV you'll get that green background.

Is that what you mean ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2014-10-21

(2014-10-21, 10:37)marcelveldt Wrote: Thanks, I did do some rework on the settings screens with explainations.
This is how I coded it:

You MUST choose a global background for all sections of the skin.
You CAN enable the tile based override. If you select a override background on a tile, than that background will be shown as you hover over the tile AND that background is applied to the section that the tile opens.

So, for example if you set a green background on the Live TV tile and you hover over the Live TV tile on home, you get that green background. Also if you open Live TV you'll get that green background.

Is that what you mean ?

I think so yes. While you have the "book" open can you see if you can correct the issue in the big panel details view below?