Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-21

(2014-10-21, 14:39)logan_x50 Wrote: While you have the "book" open can you see if you can correct the issue in the big panel details view below?
fixed. I'll publish new beta asap

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-22

Published new beta version on the repo with the fixes for issues that where mentioned on the forums.
Gotham version: 2.1.2, Helix version: 3.1.2

Please test and publish the results! When all stable I'll publish to main repo.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - daruda - 2014-10-22

Hi Marcel,

I've got the tiles working with PleXBMC, which is great. Are there any plans to get artwork working for plexmbc tiles? I also noticed that the keyboard is missing all alphanumerical keys when editing the label of a tile. I'm on helix btw.

(2014-10-22, 15:55)daruda Wrote: Hi Marcel,

I've got the tiles working with PleXBMC, which is great. Are there any plans to get artwork working for plexmbc tiles? I also noticed that the keyboard is missing all alphanumerical keys when editing the label of a tile. I'm on helix btw.

Yes the skinshortcuts scripts allows you to create custom tiles to every section, also PleXBMC or any other video-addon.
But it's not the same as the full integration where all other things work like widgets, fanart backgrounds etc.
I have some good news because while I was rearranging the skin for the new shortcuts support I have organized things in such a way that it's now easier for me to add extra video providers (libaries). So, be a bit patient and you'll have full plexbmc support in the skin.

Just out of curiousity while I'm a big fan of MediaBrowser (and helping a bit with the xbmb3c add-on), why do you prefer PleXBMC over MediaBrowser ? I have never worked with plex but they seem equal only that MediaBrowser is completely free for the same set of features.

I'll have to look into the keyboard. I hade to rework that whole section to get the Helix support , seemed fine to me but apparently I missed something ;-)
Is it the normal keyboard you're talking about or the numeric one ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - daruda - 2014-10-22

It's the normal keyboard.

I'd say that Plex is free for the same set of features as MB.

For me, there are a couple of things that I prefer in Plex over media browser. I was using media browser purely for integration with this skin, so I'm not exactly an expert with Media browser.

1) The plex app for iOS and android is free for plexpass users. The best feature of this is that you can download movies, tv shows etc to your phone with ease, as the server can transcode these for you. I believe that media browser have an app too, but this feature is yet to be build ( I think I read it was in the pipeline).
2) Plex seems quicker than media browser for navigation. Not a massive issue, but I noticed that plexmbc using this skin seems slightly quicker.
3) The plex scanner seems to be able to correctly identify content where media browser won't. Plex is not perfect, but seems better at this.
4) Don't have to set up shared folders in windows with Plex. It just works.
5) I can share my plex server with friends. Not sure you can do that with MB - haven't tried.

Note that those are my personal experiences. There may be ways to improve these things in MB, and I really want MB to be a great product.

Because of these points, and that I'd prefer to only set up libraries once, I use plex. Obviously plex is a mature product, so in time MB might reduce the gap.

One thing I forgot to mention is that Media Browser, and especially the xbmb3c plugin, seem to have a lot more activity compared to Plex - plus I think xbmb3c plugin is being developed by MB employees, whereas plexmbc has not been updated lately and I believe was done as by an external user.

With that in mind, I can see myself switching in the future Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gbandit - 2014-10-22

Hi, I updated to 2.1.2 last night and noticed a couple small display issues:

1) With either No Overlay or a Custom Overlay set the date and time on the home screen is not visible. As well the weather on home screen only shows the icon and the low temp, the current temp and high temp is not visible.

2) When paused the "finish time" on the OSD is offset to the right and half off the screen. It's in its proper position when playing however.

Thanks for your continued efforts!

(2014-10-22, 17:31)gbandit Wrote: Hi, I updated to 2.1.2 last night and noticed a couple small display issues:

1) With either No Overlay or a Custom Overlay set the date and time on the home screen is not visible. As well the weather on home screen only shows the icon and the low temp, the current temp and high temp is not visible.

2) When paused the "finish time" on the OSD is offset to the right and half off the screen. It's in its proper position when playing however.

Thanks for your continued efforts!
Thanks for the catch, I fixed it. Available in next beta version. Hopefully I can do another deploy tonight.

(2014-10-22, 16:18)daruda Wrote: It's the normal keyboard.

Okay, will look into it. I guess there may be some more things wrong with the Helix version which I didn't notice yet ;-)

(2014-10-22, 16:18)daruda Wrote: One thing I forgot to mention is that Media Browser, and especially the xbmb3c plugin, seem to have a lot more activity compared to Plex - plus I think xbmb3c plugin is being developed by MB employees, whereas plexmbc has not been updated lately and I believe was done as by an external user.
With that in mind, I can see myself switching in the future Smile

Thanks for your explaination, it's nice to get feedback what areas to be improved on the MediaBrowser (and xbmc integration).
You're right about the development... the XBMB3C plugin (soon just to be called mediabrowser for xbmc) is under active development and lot's of features have been added in the last period of time, both at serverlevel as in the client. While I also help a few bits with the xbmb3c addon my primary focus in on my skin and getting it as userfriendly as possible. Offcourse I'll always try to get the best integration with MediaBrowser but willing to get others interrated too, like I did with the Netflix plugin for example. So.. long story short I will do the PleXBMC integration later this week, hopefully it can be done in about a week.

upload of new testversion is in progress, should be available within 1 hour on the repo.
Included fixes for the issues as discussed on the forum.
Feedback welcome as always :-)
Gotham version: 2.1.3
Helix version: 3.1.3

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - MagikMark - 2014-10-23

When is poster mode, clicking the poster plays the video. Before it would show the movie info first. How do i show movie info first before opting to play it. thx

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2014-10-23

Hi Marcelvedt, its getting hard to keep up with your outputSmile! The skin keeps getting better and better if you ask me. Thanks for making the change on the panel details view for me.

I think (not 100% sure) that the background option in the tiles menu instead of "none" could be better described as "use global background settings". Is that the behaviour? If that is the behaviour I think that ties the global and tile settings together quite neatly.

A small request would be to make all of the menu items the black on blue. e.g. Settings>Skin>Homescreen Tiles (menu) is (when highlighted) white on light blue which on my tv at least is very hard to read. The same with Settings>Skin>Homescreen Tiles (menu)>configure menu tiles ...this menu is also the white on blue rather than the black text on blue.

For consistency I would also prefer you keep the background setting when you transition between Settings>Skin>Homescreen Tiles (menu) to Settings>Skin>Homescreen Tiles (menu)>configure menu tiles . At the moment you go from the rather cool looking Skin Settings look to a not quite so cool Edit Main Menu look.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - daruda - 2014-10-23

Hi Marcel,

A couple of points I've noticed with 3.1.3

* I also noticed that it's no longer possible to change the shortcut of an existing tile - you have to add a new tile. Would be good if you could change it for an existing tile like you could in 3.1.0. If you also go into a section whilst adding a shortcut, and you get an error, you have to delete the tile and re-add a tile to get back to the shortcut adding dialog.

* If I add a tile which points to a MB section, there does not seem to be a way to get the tile image to use fan art, like there is with the default tiles. Is there a way to do this?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-24

(2014-10-23, 15:01)daruda Wrote: * I also noticed that it's no longer possible to change the shortcut of an existing tile - you have to add a new tile. Would be good if you could change it for an existing tile like you could in 3.1.0. If you also go into a section whilst adding a shortcut, and you get an error, you have to delete the tile and re-add a tile to get back to the shortcut adding dialog.
I removed that button because the bevaviour was a little confusing. If you for-example want to change the LiveTV tile to open up Movies, the tile will still keep the properties it had before. So you see the tile with Movies label but with LiveTV image (and submenu or widget) to open up Movies. I thought that would be really confusing for users. But I'll put it back in, maybe with a notice that it would only change the action of the tile.

(2014-10-23, 15:01)daruda Wrote: * If I add a tile which points to a MB section, there does not seem to be a way to get the tile image to use fan art, like there is with the default tiles. Is there a way to do this?
Fanart tile image, widget and submenu's are available for all the common tiles and for MediaBrowser collections. For all other entries you have te define those yourself because of the simple fact that the skin doesn't have a clue what you added :-) I can do a feature request with the author of skinshortcuts if the defining of the tile image can get the same behaviour as assigning the background and widget: A selection of common types and an option to select your own custom.

(2014-10-23, 01:43)MagikMark Wrote: When is poster mode, clicking the poster plays the video. Before it would show the movie info first. How do i show movie info first before opting to play it. thx

Hello MagikMark,
There is a standard XBMC setting available for this.

Go to Settings --> Videos --> File lists --> default select action
With that option you can select your own preference, for example to "always show info" or "Choose" to show a selection dialog.

(2014-10-23, 11:12)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi Marcelvedt, its getting hard to keep up with your outputSmile! The skin keeps getting better and better if you ask me. Thanks for making the change on the panel details view for me.
Hi Logan_x50, thanks again for your feedback. Yes the skin's getting better and better but the thank for that also goes to users on the forums that provide me the feedback, so also a thank you to you and other users providing the feedback!

(2014-10-23, 11:12)logan_x50 Wrote: I think (not 100% sure) that the background option in the tiles menu instead of "none" could be better described as "use global background settings". Is that the behaviour? If that is the behaviour I think that ties the global and tile settings together quite neatly.
Yes that's the behaviour. I'll try if I can rename it as it is provided by the skinshortcuts addon.

(2014-10-23, 11:12)logan_x50 Wrote: A small request would be to make all of the menu items the black on blue. e.g. Settings>Skin>Homescreen Tiles (menu) is (when highlighted) white on light blue which on my tv at least is very hard to read. The same with Settings>Skin>Homescreen Tiles (menu)>configure menu tiles ...this menu is also the white on blue rather than the black text on blue.
Yes, it should be black on blue. Forgot a few places to apply that one. Now fixed.

(2014-10-23, 11:12)logan_x50 Wrote: For consistency I would also prefer you keep the background setting when you transition between Settings>Skin>Homescreen Tiles (menu) to Settings>Skin>Homescreen Tiles (menu)>configure menu tiles . At the moment you go from the rather cool looking Skin Settings look to a not quite so cool Edit Main Menu look.
fixed!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-10-24

update available with all the fixes. I didn't see any glitches anymore myself.

Gotham version: 2.1.4

Helix version: 2.1.4

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Luli - 2014-10-26

Amazing work on the new update! --- 2.1.5

Just 2 bugs I recently found in this new version

1. In some views, when you scroll fast between movies, this little letter box shows only the number 2 instead of displaying current letter.
2. When I play music or radio, I press backspace until I get to the visualization screen, then press enter to view the controls, then press backspace again to hide them and then kodi crashes.

Thank you for your efforts!