Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Gunner5 - 2014-11-05

Firstly this is a lovely skin, Although I seem to have a slight issue. Are the widgets supposed to be selectable at all? i.e to play titles directly from the home menu as I can't seem to select/play any item on the widgets at all. I know this feature works in other skins but doesn't seem to work on this one for me anyway. I've had a look in the debug log and have found this small section that seems correspond to the issue
Code:
21:21:13 T:2748   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: left (0xf082) pressed, action is Left
21:21:14 T:2748   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
21:21:14 T:2748   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
21:21:14 T:2748   ERROR: RunScript called for invalid add-on id 'service.skin.widgets'. Not a script.
21:21:14 T:2748   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
21:21:14 T:2748   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
21:21:14 T:2748   ERROR: RunScript called for invalid add-on id 'service.skin.widgets'. Not a script.

So am I doing anything wrong or is it not supposed to work like that? If it helps I'm running the 1st beta of Helix and the latest version of this skin from the Kodi repository.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-11-06

(2014-11-05, 23:55)Gunner5 Wrote: Firstly this is a lovely skin, Although I seem to have a slight issue. Are the widgets supposed to be selectable at all? i.e to play titles directly from the home menu as I can't seem to select/play any item on the widgets at all. I know this feature works in other skins but doesn't seem to work on this one for me anyway. I've had a look in the debug log and have found this small section that seems correspond to the issue
Code:
21:21:13 T:2748   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: left (0xf082) pressed, action is Left

So am I doing anything wrong or is it not supposed to work like that? If it helps I'm running the 1st beta of Helix and the latest version of this skin from the Kodi repository.

Yes, it should work as you describe. Unfortunately there currently is an issue in latest Helix builds that causes some addons to fail, for example the skinshortcuts script that is used by my skin. The author of that script has a workaround available if you install the git version of his addon: https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts

As for the skin itself, on official XBMC repo is the stable version.
If you're using Helix builds I can recommend you to use the beta version of the skin as I'm adding features and solving compatibility issues with Helix...
Please install this repo and you get the latest versions. Off course you're free to just use the XBMC official version. In fact a new version will be pushed to the repo this week...

Please let me know if the git version of skinshortcuts solves your problem!

(2014-11-05, 14:14)sand Wrote: Absolutely fantastic skin.Best I've ever used.

Congrats

Thanks!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - removed151214 - 2014-11-06

(2014-11-06, 03:09)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-05, 23:55)Gunner5 Wrote: Firstly this is a lovely skin, Although I seem to have a slight issue. Are the widgets supposed to be selectable at all? i.e to play titles directly from the home menu as I can't seem to select/play any item on the widgets at all. I know this feature works in other skins but doesn't seem to work on this one for me anyway. I've had a look in the debug log and have found this small section that seems correspond to the issue
Code:

Yes, it should work as you describe. Unfortunately there currently is an issue in latest Helix builds that causes some addons to fail, for example the skinshortcuts script that is used by my skin. The author of that script has a workaround available if you install the git version of his addon: https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts

As for the skin itself, on official XBMC repo is the stable version.
If you're using Helix builds I can recommend you to use the beta version of the skin as I'm adding features and solving compatibility issues with Helix...
Please install this repo and you get the latest versions. Off course you're free to just use the XBMC official version. In fact a new version will be pushed to the repo this week...

Please let me know if the git version of skinshortcuts solves your problem!

Actually skinshortcuts works fine with Helix beta and later (the bug was fixed in Kodi Wink) and git no longer includes the workaround, but this looks like a variation on the problem - in Helix the types of addons that can be run via RunScript() have been limited, and services (like Skin Widgets) aren't included unless they also have a second - valid to be called by RunScript() - extension point. Something to take up with that scripts author, possibly Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-11-06

(2014-11-06, 03:16)Unfledged Wrote: Actually skinshortcuts works fine with Helix beta and later (the bug was fixed in Kodi Wink) and git no longer includes the workaround, but this looks like a variation on the problem - in Helix the types of addons that can be run via RunScript() have been limited, and services (like Skin Widgets) aren't included unless they also have a second - valid to be called by RunScript() - extension point. Something to take up with that scripts author, possibly Smile

Thanks again, good to hear that the issues are resolved for the skinshortcuts script.
Apparently it's not fixed for skinwidgets so time for a workaround again :-)
I hope members of the Kodi Team see this message as the skinwidgets script is (as I recall) made by the Kodi team...

Code:

Okay, forget my previous reply :-)

As of changes in Kodi Helix some addons cannot be launched directly which is the problem you describe.

For now I have a workaround for you, I think this will be addressed soon by either the Kodi Team or the addon developers..

1. Open up your Kodi addons folder (in windows this is c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons)
2. Open up the folder for he skinwidgets script --> service.skin.widgets
3. Open addon.xml in a text editor
4. You have to add an extra extension point for the addon, add this under the existing extension point:

<extension point="xbmc.python.script" library="default.py" />

The result should look like this:

</requires>
<extension point="xbmc.service" library="default.py" start="login"/>
<extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">

5. restart Kodi and it should work!

Tested it on my system and the workaround works as intended

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Gunner5 - 2014-11-06

I've switched to the Beta version of Titan and am still having the same result, strangely the only widgets that seems to work normally in that I can press select on it and reacts correctly/plays the media are on the Enhanced Home Menu. The Spotlight one is the only one that will launch and play the the files directly from the Home Menu.
All Movies,Recently Added etc work correctly as well and go through to the next screen. The only part that isn't clickable at all is the Latest Movies / Latest TV Shows side and this provides the same Runscript errors as before.

(2014-11-06, 03:47)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-06, 03:16)Unfledged Wrote: Actually skinshortcuts works fine with Helix beta and later (the bug was fixed in Kodi Wink) and git no longer includes the workaround, but this looks like a variation on the problem - in Helix the types of addons that can be run via RunScript() have been limited, and services (like Skin Widgets) aren't included unless they also have a second - valid to be called by RunScript() - extension point. Something to take up with that scripts author, possibly Smile

Thanks again, good to hear that the issues are resolved for the skinshortcuts script.
Apparently it's not fixed for skinwidgets so time for a workaround again :-)
I hope members of the Kodi Team see this message as the skinwidgets script is (as I recall) made by the Kodi team...

Code:

Okay, forget my previous reply :-)

As of changes in Kodi Helix some addons cannot be launched directly which is the problem you describe.

For now I have a workaround for you, I think this will be addressed soon by either the Kodi Team or the addon developers..

1. Open up your Kodi addons folder (in windows this is c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons)
2. Open up the folder for he skinwidgets script --> service.skin.widgets
3. Open addon.xml in a text editor
4. You have to add an extra extension point for the addon, add this under the existing extension point:

The result should look like this:

</requires>
<extension point="xbmc.service" library="default.py" start="login"/>
<extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">

5. restart Kodi and it should work!

Tested it on my system and the workaround works as intended

Yep, That's fixed it. Thank you Big Grin

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - darkmeiun - 2014-11-07

got 2 questions Smile
1) can i change images for the sub-menus ? lets say i got to the genres and change the view to one of those which contain rectangular shapes for images, and i would like to add an image that represents the genre is there a way to do it?
2) i fail to find the option for adding playlists in the main menu. there is this mediabrowser collection option but i did not find how to create or what it actually does

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - onlineN - 2014-11-07

Well, I should admit..I've used a lot of skins...and always some things were missing to cover completely what I was looking for. Titan - despite its bugs which I know they will be eliminated by marcelveldt - has it all!! Its a fantastic skin.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-11-07

(2014-11-07, 01:03)darkmeiun Wrote: 1) can i change images for the sub-menus ? lets say i got to the genres and change the view to one of those which contain rectangular shapes for images, and i would like to add an image that represents the genre is there a way to do it?

2) i fail to find the option for adding playlists in the main menu. there is this mediabrowser collection option but i did not find how to create or what it actually does

1: Currently this is only possible if you're using the "enhanced homescreen". I can look into it if it can be added to the regular submenus.

2: You mean normal (kodi library) playlists ? See the Video Library node in the available shortcuts, it contains all entry points including custom sources, playlists etc.

(2014-11-07, 13:13)onlineN Wrote: Well, I should admit..I've used a lot of skins...and always some things were missing to cover completely what I was looking for. Titan - despite its bugs which I know they will be eliminated by marcelveldt - has it all!! Its a fantastic skin.

Thanks!
Please post the bugs you encounter (in this thread, a separate thread or PM), maybe I'm not yet aware of it. Offcourse they will be fixed!

Also: if you're using the version from official XBMC library: a new version is on the way and available today or tomorrow, this has lot's of bugfixes.
Please report the version you're using and what theme (classic or default) when you report a bug (or feature request).

(2014-11-07, 14:10)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 01:03)darkmeiun Wrote: 1) can i change images for the sub-menus ? lets say i got to the genres and change the view to one of those which contain rectangular shapes for images, and i would like to add an image that represents the genre is there a way to do it?

1: Currently this is only possible if you're using the "enhanced homescreen". I can look into it if it can be added to the regular submenus.

2: You mean normal (kodi library) playlists ? See the Video Library node in the available shortcuts, it contains all entry points including custom sources, playlists etc.

want i want is to add the playlist as a main menu element, but when going to the list of available elements it does not list the playlists in the menu when adding the new main menu element

just though of a workaround for a workaround Big Grin can do this via favorites,

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-11-08

(2014-11-07, 20:45)darkmeiun Wrote: just though of a workaround for a workaround Big Grin can do this via favorites,

OK, great. I also added a direct button for playlists. Available in next version which is currently beiing pushed to both MB as official repo.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - darkmeiun - 2014-11-08

hey again, I noticed that when the main menu item big button image is set to use random from the library it gets it via the content type. is there a possibility to make an option that it would use only from the library or should i say more like the source like lets say playlist? as currently if someone wants to add seperate main buttons content wise for instance anime and tvshows as both would be set as content tv shows the random images would mix, and anime button would get the tvshows images and vise versa.

(2014-11-08, 17:27)darkmeiun Wrote: hey again, I noticed that when the main menu item big button image is set to use random from the library it gets it via the content type. is there a possibility to make an option that it would use only from the library or should i say more like the source like lets say playlist? as currently if someone wants to add seperate main buttons content wise for instance anime and tvshows as both would be set as content tv shows the random images would mix, and anime button would get the tvshows images and vise versa.

This support is available in the skin, but only if you use Plex or MediaBrowser.

If you use MediaBrowser you can add tiles for your collections,
For example you have a collection in your MB3 server named 3D Movies.
If you add a tile for 3D Movies on your homescreen, than the images that rotate in the tile only come from that 3D collection..

Nice huh :-)

If you do not use MediaBrowser or Plex there currently is no solution, maybe I can add support for this in the future but than I have to create some fancy workaround for this I guess. It's just one of the main advantages of using MB3 as your library (besides sharing your media on all your devices).

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - darkmeiun - 2014-11-08

yeah, love media browser 3 though it has a similar issue like xbmc it does not have native content split for anime/animations or anime movies and filtering is required in one form or another, but it does have a lot more other content types like games.

(2014-11-08, 21:40)darkmeiun Wrote: yeah, love media browser 3 though it has a similar issue like xbmc it does not have native content split for anime/animations or anime movies and filtering is required in one form or another, but it does have a lot more other content types like games.

Just add multiple folders and you're all set.
So, make sure your animation/anime is in a seperate folder and add that folder to MB3 as a library...

Step-by step:

1. Open up the MB3 configuration web page
2. Go to Library (in the left menu pane)
3. Press "add media folder"
4. Choose type: movies and enter a folder name, for example "animations"
5. After the folder is created, add media locations (the + icon)
6. add the folder where your animation movies are located
7. Add a separate media folder for every media type you want to split up
8. After adding the media folders, these are automatically picked up by the Titan skin, hower this could take 1-30 minutes, fastest way is to simply reboot your device.
9. After the reboot the tiles for your collections you created will automatically appear in the Titan skin.
10. off course I assume in this phase that you allready have installed the XBMB3c add-on in XBMC and configured it with your serversettings.
11. By default the first 5 collections will be auto-added to your home menu.
12. You can offcourse delete those or add even more buttons from the skin settings

Oh, another advantage of those collection tiles that are pulled from your MB3 server:
You also get "out of the box" widgets and submenus for your collections, like recently added and in progress.

I think this is just what you're looking for!

Off course, the "all movies" button will still give you the combined view of all your collections