Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-11-26

(2014-11-26, 21:52)CHINCB Wrote: I suppose you use one standard widget for all of the menu items, if possible stretching the "spotlight section" would fill up that space.

Yeah, I'll work on that later this week. If the submenu is empty I'll provide another layout.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - James_liv - 2014-11-29

When the skin dims the display - as in standby mode - it doesn't come back out without going back to the home screen and clicking down so the bottom menu with the settings cog appears.

For eg. I'm watching a film, went to the loo and when I came back it was dimmed - like the screensaver - I had to exit back to the home screen, click down to the settings cog which brightens the screen again and then go back through the menus until I find the film.

Even actually playing the film doesn't bring it out of 'dimmed mode'

Any ideas?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-11-29

(2014-11-29, 23:01)James_liv Wrote: When the skin dims the display - as in standby mode - it doesn't come back out without going back to the home screen and clicking down so the bottom menu with the settings cog appears.

For eg. I'm watching a film, went to the loo and when I came back it was dimmed - like the screensaver - I had to exit back to the home screen, click down to the settings cog which brightens the screen again and then go back through the menus until I find the film.

Even actually playing the film doesn't bring it out of 'dimmed mode'

Any ideas?

Hmm, that seems like a XBMC/Kodi issue to me because the skin isn't the one that dims the screen, it's xbmc itself.
What version are you running of Kodi/XBMC ?

Also, what do you have configured as the screensaver ? Is that set to "dim" ?

I never saw this issue myself but I'm not using dim for a screensaver but just some random picture thing.

It's Gotham 13.2.
It's all set to standard and didn't do it on Aeon MQ5.

It's set to dim 20% in the setting and even when I preview it It ends up stuck in dim mode until I goto the settings cog screen on the main menu.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-11-29

(2014-11-29, 23:18)James_liv Wrote: It's Gotham 13.2.

It's set to dim 20% in the setting and even when I preview it It ends up stuck in dim mode until I goto the settings cog screen on the main menu.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out right away. You're running the beta version of the skin right?

(2014-11-29, 23:22)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 23:18)James_liv Wrote: It's Gotham 13.2.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out right away. You're running the beta version of the skin right?

Yup. Running the Beta.
Best skin out there btw. Thank you for sharing.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-11-30

(2014-11-29, 23:25)James_liv Wrote: Yup. Running the Beta.

I trying to reproduce your error but I can't ;-)

Could you please try in default confluence if the issue persists ?

I checked 3 different systems and none of them has the problem you described.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - James_liv - 2014-11-30

(2014-11-30, 00:03)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 23:25)James_liv Wrote: Yup. Running the Beta.

I trying to reproduce your error but I can't ;-)

Could you please try in default confluence if the issue persists ?

I checked 3 different systems and none of them has the problem you described.

I'm mid-film so will switch skin later but something that did occur to me which might be of note is I'm using the iOS remote. I've never tried using the keyboard and seeing if that brings it out of dimmed mode.

My laptop is tucked away with 4tb of external drives attached.
I use an iOS Remote Desktop app on my iPad & iPhone if I actually need to operate the PC.

Try bringing it out of dim mode with an iOS remote and see if that works.

EDIT: tried it with a virtual keyboard and get the same result.
Also, the part watched (or whatever it's called)!and recently added list only seems to work in the home screen. When I go into that menu the part watched menu clearly shows films with the watched 'eye' icon above them and misses some other half watched films.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - l4v4l4mp3 - 2014-11-30

With current kodi beta I am still unable to modify the mainscreen menu. I get the sub menu with add delete and things like that but unable to choose. It sounds like my courser is still in previous menu and able to click there.

(2014-11-30, 01:31)James_liv Wrote: EDIT: tried it with a virtual keyboard and get the same result.
Also, the part watched (or whatever it's called)!and recently added list only seems to work in the home screen. When I go into that menu the part watched menu clearly shows films with the watched 'eye' icon above them and misses some other half watched films.

Did you also try with confluence ?
The problem can be related to the iOS app but I;m not sure.

Could you please explain your last note about the in progress movies a bit better ?
Do you mean the submenu or widget ? Or none of those ?

(2014-11-30, 02:08)l4v4l4mp3 Wrote: With current kid I beta I am still unable to modify the mainscreen menu. I get the sub menu with add delete and things like that but unable to choose. It sounds like my courser is still in previous menu and able to click there.

please try again with latest beta I just uploaded to the repo.
There were some errors in the transition effects that caused errors in dialogs.
Version number for the new beta is 2.1.32 for gotham and 3.1.32 for helix

First, Thanks for your quick reply.
But I am sorry, 3.1.15 is the taltest version I am able to get from your skin.
I've tried to update/reinstall serveral times. In ddition I've updated to newest nightly as well.

/edit: In addition I#ve resinstalled Kodi from scratch today, that did no help.
But one more thing to add. I am woundering, but some minutes ago I had the same issue, reported some posts above me. (When screensaver is going to unlight the screen, it won't be bright again after reactivaton.)
After a restart of kodi, I was unable to get the issue occure again.

But this is just fyi

(2014-11-30, 09:58)l4v4l4mp3 Wrote: First, Thanks for your quick reply.
But I am sorry, 3.1.15 is the taltest version I am able to get from your skin.
I've tried to update/reinstall serveral times. In ddition I've updated to newest nightly as well.

/edit: In addition I#ve resinstalled Kodi from scratch today, that did no help.
But one more thing to add. I am woundering, but some minutes ago I had the same issue, reported some posts above me. (When screensaver is going to unlight the screen, it won't be bright again after reactivaton.)
After a restart of kodi, I was unable to get the issue occure again.

But this is just fyi

Beta versions of the skin are available on the mediabrowser repo:
http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1.zip

The latest current beta of the skin is version 3.1.33 (helix version)

As for the problem with the screensaver, this seems like a Kodi problem... Are you using a remote app (on Phone or something) ?
The skin itself doesn't do anything to dim the screen, that's a kodi system action...

Hi,

thank you I will test it.

And for sure I am with you that this isnt a skin issue at all. And no I do not use a remote app. I've installed it on Fire Tv and use its remote

(2014-11-30, 23:54)l4v4l4mp3 Wrote: Hi,

thank you I will test it.

And for sure I am with you that this isnt a skin issue at all. And no I do not use a remote app. I've installed it on Fire Tv and use its remote

Could you please also test with other skin ?
I have no issues myself on both windows and Linux boxes, gotham and helix...

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - chchia - 2014-12-01

The best skin ever, thank you very much!

however i have some question, how do i change this add-on browser skin? it doesnt match with other and yet I couldnl't select other picture to replace it.

thank you.