Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - netzgauner - 2014-12-18

(2014-12-17, 20:43)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 16:27)netzgauner Wrote: There´s no fanart background on audioplay anymore

Are you on stable or beta version of the skin? And using default or classic theme?

Im on beta with kodi rc3 and using default theme.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-12-18

(2014-12-18, 00:52)netzgauner Wrote: There´s no fanart background on audioplay anymore

I just tested this on 3 different machines and it's working for me.

1) Please keep in mind that the addon "artist slideshow" is used to provide the fanart images in the background.
Is that addon working fine ? Also, a good suggestion is to enable "transparent background when no image available" in the options of artist slideshow. This will prevent you from getting a black screen when no artist fanart is found by the addon.

2) Artist slidehsow should display on the fullscreen music view.

3) In skin settings, there's a option to disable the "now playing background", this setting will show the actual video on all views in case a video is playing. In cae audio is playing it will show the artist slideshow on all views.

4) Regarding the at point 3 mentioned; do you mean you do not have the slideshow in fullscreen music or just in other screens (like home) ?

5) Does the problem occur with visualisations enabled or disabled? Or maybe both ?

6) Did you try another skin to see if it works than ? I can suggest Aeon Nox as it also uses the artist slideshow addon.

I'm sorry for all the questions but I couldn't reproduce the issue so I have to found out what 's causing it to fail in your situation.

Regards,

Marcel

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - d0wnl0rd - 2014-12-18

Just a quick headsup: the new Kodi 15 I***** release is obvious going once again to break skins. I installed yesterday by accident the very first versions and found out immediately a couple of bugs/deviations from expected behaviour (most notably keyboard is once again empty)...

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - netzgauner - 2014-12-18

(2014-12-18, 10:06)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-18, 00:52)netzgauner Wrote: There´s no fanart background on audioplay anymore

I just tested this on 3 different machines and it's working for me.

1) Please keep in mind that the addon "artist slideshow" is used to provide the fanart images in the background.
Is that addon working fine ? Also, a good suggestion is to enable "transparent background when no image available" in the options of artist slideshow. This will prevent you from getting a black screen when no artist fanart is found by the addon.

2) Artist slidehsow should display on the fullscreen music view.

3) In skin settings, there's a option to disable the "now playing background", this setting will show the actual video on all views in case a video is playing. In cae audio is playing it will show the artist slideshow on all views.

4) Regarding the at point 3 mentioned; do you mean you do not have the slideshow in fullscreen music or just in other screens (like home) ?

5) Does the problem occur with visualisations enabled or disabled? Or maybe both ?

6) Did you try another skin to see if it works than ? I can suggest Aeon Nox as it also uses the artist slideshow addon.

I'm sorry for all the questions but I couldn't reproduce the issue so I have to found out what 's causing it to fail in your situation.

Regards,

Marcel

Sorry my mistake, something went wrong with the "artist slideshow" addon.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-12-18

(2014-12-18, 14:56)d0wnl0rd Wrote: Just a quick headsup: the new Kodi 15 I***** release is obvious going once again to break skins. I installed yesterday by accident the very first versions and found out immediately a couple of bugs/deviations from expected behaviour (most notably keyboard is once again empty)...

Yep, stay away from the latest nightly as it shows as version 15 alpha1 which is not correct.
It should off course be version 15...

Think something went wrong in the build process or something.
Please try with previous build or just the RC3.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Mr_Brownstone - 2014-12-19

(2014-12-17, 23:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 22:58)Mr_Brownstone Wrote: Hi Marcel,
The problem on the add on I showed You was fixed,
but now I see the same phenomenon randomly in many other add ons
and even in the add ons folder itself

Hmmm, I can't reproduce this now...
I'm now uploading a new beta to the repo because I fixed some issues today. Also I found a few very small issues in the views, it may be related, I'm not really sure.
Please try again with the new beta (2.2.10)

It doesn't happen a lot, but it still does happen on both win 7 and openelec machines on the add on folder
It happens randomly, i couldn't figure what tigers it

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-12-19

(2014-12-19, 00:10)Mr_Brownstone Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 23:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 22:58)Mr_Brownstone Wrote: Hi Marcel,

The problem on the add on I showed You was fixed,

but now I see the same phenomenon randomly in many other add ons

and even in the add ons folder itself

Hmmm, I can't reproduce this now...

I'm now uploading a new beta to the repo because I fixed some issues today. Also I found a few very small issues in the views, it may be related, I'm not really sure.

Please try again with the new beta (2.2.10)

It doesn't happen a lot, but it still does happen on both win 7 and openelec machines on the add on folder

It happens randomly, i couldn't figure what tigers it

The video addons folder? So the root of video addons or the addons itself?
And what view do you have selected and to what view does it revert to? Then I'll try to reproduce this on my test machines.
Oh, and one more question, Gotham or Helix?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - tripkip - 2014-12-19

(2014-12-09, 22:50)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 09:49)tripkip Wrote: #1 Normal XBMC libraries. At least with "recent episodes". I'll try the other widgets tonight.

#2 I really hope for an alternative way, because the widgets are meant to be a shortcut to start playing videos. Right now you have to wait until your library finishes scanning before you can even see the widget. I believe in an earlier version I didn't have this problem? For the single widget row view I suggest you move the widget row further down so that there is room for the messages or move it down when there is a message or show the message bottom right corner. For a double widget row view I suggest you hide the top widget row when displaying a message.

I tested with the widgets today and it's working fine. When I start an episode through the widgets it's marked watched just like it should.
Please note that the addon "skin widgets" is used for providing the widget content and you can enable a setting to update the widgets every time when home is loaded...
Another thing I'd like to mention is that the playback is doe by xbmc itself, so also set playback states (resume etc.) is just native xbmc behaviour.

As for the widgets, I decided to move the widgets down if the messagebar is active. This way the widgets won't be hidden anymore.
Will provide a new beta later today or tomorrow.

So it wasn't bad karma hanging in my living room.. Big Grin I hope this gets in before Helix final!
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5958

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-12-19

(2014-12-19, 14:49)tripkip Wrote: So it wasn't bad karma hanging in my living room.. Big Grin I hope this gets in before Helix final!
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5958
Nice catch, thanks for sharing! I think that very many people use widgets to start playback so really hope this gets fixed in time.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - haggins - 2014-12-20

Hello,

I hope you guys can help me. I have a Raspberry PI running with OpenElec and just activated this skin. Back to the main menu I see only the following:

A header with the date on the right side, a throbber on the left side with the message "Skin Shortcuts: Creating menu..." and a power button at the bottom. I see this screen now for over an hour and it seems to be stuck (or does it just take hours on a raspberry?). I'm not able to navigate (since there's no menu) or use the power button.

My question: how can I fix this or at least - how can I switch back to default theme?

Kodi version: 13.2

Kind regards
haggins

Edit: switched back to default skin by just removen ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.titan
But I'm still curios whether the above behavior is a bug or just a result of poor performance.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-12-20

(2014-12-20, 16:04)haggins Wrote: Hello,

I hope you guys can help me. I have a Raspberry PI running with OpenElec and just activated this skin. Back to the main menu I see only the following:

A header with the date on the right side, a throbber on the left side with the message "Skin Shortcuts: Creating menu..." and a power button at the bottom. I see this screen now for over an hour and it seems to be stuck (or does it just take hours on a raspberry?). I'm not able to navigate (since there's no menu) or use the power button.

My question: how can I fix this or at least - how can I switch back to default theme?

Kodi version: 13.2

Kind regards
haggins

Hi, the skin utilizes skinshortcuts to create the menu system.
The latest version of skinshortcuts is very slow (I have noticed) so on slow systems it can take some time to build the menu on first launch of the skin.
That said, the longest I've ever seen that it took to build the menu (on a raspberry pi) was about 10 minutes.
Normally (on faster systems it's about 30 seconds)...

Did you try to reboot your machine ? Maybe it's just stuck and will continue after a reboot.

In latest beta (soon available in the stable version) I included a progress percentage so you can see if it's actually doiing anything.

So, yes it takes a very long tong on first run for a Pi but an hour seems way too long to me but the Pi is very slow on processing the python script that is used to build the menu.

Any other users have experience with the skinshortcuts building on a Pi ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - haggins - 2014-12-20

Thanks Marcel, yes I tried rebooting it. But it just continued creating the menu for another ~10min until I reset to Confluence via SSH. I'll give Titan another shot once the progress percentage is included Smile
Oh another question: does the time needed depend on how many movies are in the library?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-12-20

(2014-12-20, 17:19)haggins Wrote: Thanks Marcel, yes I tried rebooting it. But it just continued creating the menu for another ~10min until I reset to Confluence via SSH. I'll give Titan another shot once the progress percentage is included Smile
Oh another question: does the time needed depend on how many movies are in the library?

OK, glad you got your system working again.
If you want you can checkout the beta version of the skin (which includes the progress percentage) or wait a few days when new stable is available.
The beta skin is available on the MediaBrowser for Kodi beta repo:
http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1.zip

The time needed on first boot doesn't depend on the amount of movies.
It's just that the menu has to be build from scratch which required much power what the Pi simply cannot offer.

once you've setup the skin it's actually pretty fast even on slower devices.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - netzgauner - 2014-12-20

On the upper left corner the KODI font coverd from the wether symbol.
Using kodi helix rc3, titan beta, default skin.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gb160 - 2014-12-21

superb work, this really is an excellent skin , sorry if this has been answered already but is there a guide somewhere for creating custom widgets?
If not what would be the best way to create a widget for my video add ons section?
This is working really well on OS X and surprisingly well on my pi, it just needs about 10 minutes or so for the initial menu build...keep up the great work !