Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - oksauce - 2014-12-23

ahh ok.. thankyou so much your a gent,

ill install and update tomorrow... late here in Australia..

kind regards..

couldn't resist , sure enough your right, slider works perfectly, just the koi logo over weather

thanks again

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-12-23

(2014-12-23, 13:32)oksauce Wrote: couldn't resist , sure enough your right, slider works perfectly, just the koi logo over weather

thanks again

Thanks for reporting back that it's solved now.
The kodi logo will be fixed later today.

amazing.. your a pro

(2014-12-22, 13:36)gb160 Wrote: 6. select video library --> video addons --> "create shortcut here"....then this would achieve what I want, but obviously there's no "create shortcut here" when I select 'Video Addons'

Hope I've made myself clear enough, is it possible to achieve this in anyway?
Oh, now I get what you want. I added "video addons" as root item to the selection options.
Will provide a new version of the skin later today with this fix included

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gb160 - 2014-12-23

(2014-12-23, 14:29)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 13:36)gb160 Wrote: 6. select video library --> video addons --> "create shortcut here"....then this would achieve what I want, but obviously there's no "create shortcut here" when I select 'Video Addons'

Hope I've made myself clear enough, is it possible to achieve this in anyway?
Oh, now I get what you want. I added "video addons" as root item to the selection options.
Will provide a new version of the skin later today with this fix included

Excellent, I'll check it out as soon as it's available...I'm really loving this skin, superb work.
I take it this will be in the beta repo?

(2014-12-23, 14:43)gb160 Wrote: Excellent, I'll check it out as soon as it's available...I'm really loving this skin, superb work.
It will be available in the stable version within a few days but I will also provide a new beta tonight.
Are you using stable or beta version ?

(2014-12-23, 14:47)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 14:43)gb160 Wrote: Excellent, I'll check it out as soon as it's available...I'm really loving this skin, superb work.
It will be available in the stable version within a few days but I will also provide a new beta tonight.
Are you using stable or beta version ?
I'm currently using the stable version but I'm happy to chop and change.

(2014-12-23, 14:54)gb160 Wrote: I'm currently using the stable version but I'm happy to chop and change.
OK, the fix has been submitted to the stable repo for the xbmc team to review. Expect it to be available within 2 days.
You can also switch to the beta version of the skin:

1. install the mediabrowser beta repo
http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1.zip

2. install the beta version of the skin

The current beta version (2.2.12) includes the fix

(2014-12-23, 15:01)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 14:54)gb160 Wrote: I'm currently using the stable version but I'm happy to chop and change.
OK, the fix has been submitted to the stable repo for the xbmc team to review. Expect it to be available within 2 days.
You can also switch to the beta version of the skin:

1. install the mediabrowser beta repo
http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1.zip

2. install the beta version of the skin

The current beta version (2.2.12) includes the fix
i ve just installed the beta repo from the link you supplied but the addon version is showing 2.2.11
am i doing something wrong? (I've tried force refresh on the repo but it doesn't change)

(2014-12-23, 16:49)gb160 Wrote: i ve just installed the beta repo from the link you supplied but the addon version is showing 2.1.11
am i doing something wrong? (I've tried force refresh on the repo but it doesn't change)
Sometimes it takes a little while before it's available. I just checked and now the beta is available.

(2014-12-23, 17:39)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 16:49)gb160 Wrote: i ve just installed the beta repo from the link you supplied but the addon version is showing 2.1.11
Sometimes it takes a little while before it's available. I just checked and now the beta is available.

Yep its there now and its working exactly as you've described..its superb...all my video add ons in a handy widget...many thanks for implementing this so quickly.

One other slight thing.....is there anyway to display the thumbnail for favourites on the osd when one gets played? .....no big deal if not,its just i have lovely channel logos for my favourites that get shown in the osd with the default skin.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Tennyten - 2014-12-23

The new light overlay background and the new tile submenus look amazing. Great job!

(2014-12-23, 18:34)gb160 Wrote: One other slight thing.....is there anyway to display the thumbnail for favourites on the osd when one gets played? .....no big deal if not,its just i have lovely channel logos for my favourites that get shown in the osd with the default skin.

I'm not sure what you mean... Could you make a screenshot of that or detailed steps for me to reproduce in the default confluence skin ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - BastianZ - 2014-12-23

Hi Marcel...

Thank you very much for bringing this skin to kodi.

When I go to "Skin settings" --> "Homescreen Tiles (menu)" --> "Configure menu tiles"
and I delete one or multiple entries, it is not possible to leave this dialogue anymore. (by hitting escape)

Do you have an idea or a workaround?

I tried it with the latest stable and the current beta of your skin.
Sorry if it has already been asked and answered.
I have to admit that I did not read the whole thread.

Thank you and best regards,
Bastian

EDIT: I think I found the problem. This is the kodi logging.

22:39:55 T:5880 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', u'C:\\Users\\Administrator.SERVER\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.skinshortcuts\\mainmenu.DATA.xml')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Administrator.SERVER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1547, in onAction
self._save_shortcuts()
File "C:\Users\Administrator.SERVER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\gui.py", line 496, in _save_shortcuts
tree.write( path.replace( ".shortcuts", ".DATA.xml" ), encoding="UTF-8" )
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 802, in write
file = open(file_or_filename, "wb")
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', u'C:\\Users\\Administrator.SERVER\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.skinshortcuts\\mainmenu.DATA.xml')
-->End of Python script error report<--

Titan Skin can not find the mainmenu.DATA.xml in the userdata folder.
In my configuration the "addon_data" folder is substituted to a file server to provide the same settings on several clients.

Here is a snip of the advancedsettings.xml:

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/addon_data/</from>
<to>smb://SERVER/KODI/addon_data/</to>
</substitute>

It seems that Titan skin ignores this and still wants to use the local path.
As far as I know, other addons respect this substitution.
Or do I make a mistake?

Thank you,
Bastian