Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - garysday - 2014-12-29

Is the Music mediabrowser broken, my mediabrowser shows me a lot of albums, but mediabrowser only shows me one for some reason ;(

Otherwise good stuff.... when will the official repo be updated, it seems this has some caching options... does this increase performance much ?

G

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-12-29

New BETA version of the skin available on the beta repo!

- Massive speed improvement for the menu building (now only seconds).
- Improved widget assignments
- Fixed some styling issues and small bugs.
- Major improvements for MediaBrowser users

Version: 2.2.19 for Gotham and 3.2.19 for Helix.

Please try it out and let me know if you find any issues.

Because of the massive speed improvement I'd like to get this version to the stable repo asap

(2014-12-29, 23:04)garysday Wrote: Is the Music mediabrowser broken, my mediabrowser shows me a lot of albums, but mediabrowser only shows me one for some reason ;(

Otherwise good stuff.... when will the official repo be updated, it seems this has some caching options... does this increase performance much ?

G
Yeah, the default "all music" is still not very functional. Main development of the addon has been on movies and tvshows support, music is kind of forgotten.
One tip I can give you is to add your music collection from the MB3 collections node in the menu editor, that seems to work a bit better.

The current beta addon ahs a lot of caching stuff and is lots faster.
We're currently testing this with some users and if it's all okay things will get pushed to the stable repo asap.

If you download the beta version of the skin; on that same repo is the beta version of XBMB3C addon.
Install that one and enable "fast movies" in the xbmb3c's addonsettings --> services

See this thread:
http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/15747-fast-data-for-user-nodes-testers-needed-beta-09742/

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - zukove - 2014-12-30

(2014-12-29, 17:07)marcelveldt Wrote: [quote='zukove' pid='1873280' dateline='1419856700']
I wonder if in the future this skin can also be touch screen friendly. I would love to use it on my iPad as well as on may HTPC.

Thanks Smile

The skin is fully touchscreen compatible but you have to enable touch support in the skin settings.

[quote='garysday' pid='1873364' dateline='1419862688']

Indeed it does... thank you Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - garysday - 2014-12-30

@Marcelveldt.

I downloaded the Beta Version of the Skin, (3.2.19 for Kodi), however I cannot find the beta version of mediabrowser on that repo.. I have 0.9.740, I can't see anything newer on the beta repo, I did a refresh
I'm using the beta repo from here

http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1.zip

Whats the difference between the mediabrowser addon and the xbmb3c addon? are they the same thing just different versioning or am i missing something?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-12-30

(2014-12-30, 06:29)garysday Wrote: @Marcelveldt.

I downloaded the Beta Version of the Skin, (3.2.19 for Kodi), however I cannot find the beta version of mediabrowser on that repo.. I have 0.9.740, I can't see anything newer on the beta repo, I did a refresh
I'm using the beta repo from here

http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1.zip

Whats the difference between the mediabrowser addon and the xbmb3c addon? are they the same thing just different versioning or am i missing something?

The xbmb3c addon is going to be renamed to just mediabrowser for kodi, in the beta version this is allready done so that's why your confused.
The latest version of the mediabrowser (xbmb3c) addon is 0.9.759 available on the repo you installed.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - pettson3816 - 2014-12-30

Very nice skin, but my tiles for tv shows and movies has no art in them, they're just black with the text in them. Any idea?

(2014-12-30, 13:45)pettson3816 Wrote: Very nice skin, but my tiles for tv shows and movies has no art in them, they're just black with the text in them. Any idea?

I assume the art is present in the library itself ?
By default the tiles should display random artwork for your movies/tvshows, it does this with the help of the grab.fanart script.
If no artwork is found it falls back to a static image provided by the skin.

You're saying that you have a completely blank image?
Is your internet connection allright ? Are there maybe problems with the scrip.grab.fanart ?
Or maybe the cache of images is corrupt ?
Does the background image show up ok ? Should by default also show the fanart...

If there's a problem with your cache or something you should see errors in your kodi/xbmc log that the images couldn't be found or something

(2014-12-30, 15:34)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 13:45)pettson3816 Wrote: Very nice skin, but my tiles for tv shows and movies has no art in them, they're just black with the text in them. Any idea?

I assume the art is present in the library itself ?
By default the tiles should display random artwork for your movies/tvshows, it does this with the help of the grab.fanart script.
If no artwork is found it falls back to a static image provided by the skin.

You're saying that you have a completely blank image?
Is your internet connection allright ? Are there maybe problems with the scrip.grab.fanart ?
Or maybe the cache of images is corrupt ?
Does the background image show up ok ? Should by default also show the fanart...

If there's a problem with your cache or something you should see errors in your kodi/xbmc log that the images couldn't be found or something
Yes the art is present in the library. I used to have images in the tiles but after an update of this skin a while ago they disappeared. I'm going to investigate further when I get home from work. Thanks for your answer!

(2014-12-30, 15:37)pettson3816 Wrote: Yes the art is present in the library. I used to have images in the tiles but after an update of this skin a while ago they disappeared. I'm going to investigate further when I get home from work. Thanks for your answer!
Are you using the beta or the stable version of the skin ?

(2014-12-30, 16:26)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 15:37)pettson3816 Wrote: Yes the art is present in the library. I used to have images in the tiles but after an update of this skin a while ago they disappeared. I'm going to investigate further when I get home from work. Thanks for your answer!
Are you using the beta or the stable version of the skin ?

Whatever is in the official kodi repo. The stable I think.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - topas1958 - 2014-12-30

(2014-12-29, 23:06)marcelveldt Wrote: New BETA version of the skin available on the beta repo!

- Massive speed improvement for the menu building (now only seconds).
- Improved widget assignments
- Fixed some styling issues and small bugs.
- Major improvements for MediaBrowser users

Version: 2.2.19 for Gotham and 3.2.19 for Helix.

Please try it out and let me know if you find any issues.

Because of the massive speed improvement I'd like to get this version to the stable repo asap

Hi Marcel, thanx again for your fantastic work!
This Beta Version is really fast!!! I like it very much.
And my wife loves the speed improvement for the menu building - I don't hear anymore "hmmm" from her ;-)

Happy New Year
Thomas

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - RavenNL - 2014-12-30

Last week orso you added the moviefilename location in the info screen which is great btw Smile But I think you forgot the tv library as it's missing there Wink

I also noticed that the virtual keyboard has the wrong keys lit up, see symbols, capslock, shif. All 3 are on continously.

oh and while i was checking out the beta i noticed a bug in the enchanced view / recent added movies section. It's always showing an empty border. The last movie that was added is the movie that is 2nd in the list.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - chchia - 2014-12-31

Happy New Year to all!

Marc, i found that the latest beta, the library selection focuscolor transparent? i cannot change the color anymore, can you check if you have time?

and dude, go enjoy new year eve fireworks show with your family, you have done enough for us and dont sacrifice your own happy time!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Deadpool - 2014-12-31

The latest beta also prevents you from disabling widgets on the home screen and you can't seem to access "other home screen settings" anymore

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-12-31

Hi all, thanks for the testing of the beta. I noticed a few issues indeed with it.
I'm going to solve them and provide a new beta later today with the fixes.

@Deadpool: did you try this with version .20 of the skin ? As I did a lot of rework on the widget section yesterday.
In version .19 of the skin there were indeed problems with the widget assignments which should have been fixed in .20.
Please let me know!