Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Deadpool - 2014-12-31

(2014-12-31, 08:50)marcelveldt Wrote: @Deadpool: did you try this with version .20 of the skin ? As I did a lot of rework on the widget section yesterday. In version .19 of the skin there were indeed problems with the widget assignments which should have been fixed in .20. Please let me know!

I had them turned off in each version up till now and it seemed to work fine. When I updated to version .20, they all reappeared and disabling them through the menu tile configuration doesn't seem to have any effect.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-12-31

(2014-12-31, 12:05)Deadpool Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 08:50)marcelveldt Wrote: @Deadpool: did you try this with version .20 of the skin ? As I did a lot of rework on the widget section yesterday. In version .19 of the skin there were indeed problems with the widget assignments which should have been fixed in .20. Please let me know!

I had them turned off in each version up till now and it seemed to work fine. When I updated to version .20, they all reappeared and disabling them through the menu tile configuration doesn't seem to have any effect.

Damn, I've been working for hours yesterday to fix that particular problem ;-)
Looks like there's still something I missed...

Could you please tell me what version of the "titan skin helper script" you have installed ?
In the meanwhile I'll go digging in the code what the problem could be....

EDIT: fixed in the new version. If you still have any problems you can try to reset the skin to defaults by opening guisettings.xml in a texteditor and remove all references to the titan skin.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2014-12-31

Just updated everything, another awesome step forward Smile I love the bigger logo in right corner thanx! As for this there's only a little bug with "Thumbs" view: you need to push items down a bit to be aligned as other views, as currently logo overlaps an item.
There there's only a bug I've found with new features: fous color is empty and therefore lists appear empty when selected... nothing to worry I'd say!
I'm waiting for new strings to translate on Transifex Wink

EDIT: I've another issue... items title in upper left corner just disappeared again... but only on my primary pc! on surface and nexus are fine... same settings same version!! O.o

Then I've found another little bug: only in square view, the tag color is only gray while should be white as other views

Oh and when enabled the option for logo at right corner if it isn't available the standard title is still showed at bottom, while I think it should be at same place of missing logo (replacing so date/time). So what about switching clock at bottom center? (if touch isn't enabled right?)

(2014-12-31, 13:36)Simograndi Wrote: Just updated everything, another awesome step forward Smile I love the bigger logo in right corner thanx! As for this there's only a little bug with "Thumbs" view: you need to push items down a bit to be aligned as other views, as currently logo overlaps an item.
There there's only a bug I've found with new features: fous color is empty and therefore lists appear empty when selected... nothing to worry I'd say!
I'm waiting for new strings to translate on Transifex Wink

EDIT: I've another issue... items title in upper left corner just disappeared again... but only on my primary pc! on surface and nexus are fine... same settings same version!! O.o

Then I've found another little bug: only in square view, the tag color is only gray while should be white as other views

Oh and when enabled the option for logo at right corner if it isn't available the standard title is still showed at bottom, while I think it should be at same place of missing logo (replacing so date/time). So what about switching clock at bottom center? (if touch isn't enabled right?)
Thanks for the catch, fixed the issues and will provide new version in a few hours.

The movie title is allready in the left top corner so placing it in the right too is not a really good idea ;-)
The title at the bottom should be hidden at all when the logo is enabled, fixed that one.

Already fixed?? WTF O.o anyway thanks, and yes hidden is better!

(2014-12-31, 16:18)Simograndi Wrote: Already fixed?? WTF O.o anyway thanks, and yes hidden is better!

Yep, all fixed and I pushed out the update to both the beta and the stable repo as things are solid now.
Thanks for all your help again.

Oh, the language strings are submitted to transifex, if not visible for you yet give it a few hours/days to replicate.
Thanks!

Perfect thank you!! I'll let you know how it works next year Tongue

Happy new year to everybody!

(2014-12-30, 19:43)RavenNL Wrote: Last week orso you added the moviefilename location in the info screen which is great btw Smile But I think you forgot the tv library as it's missing there Wink
I also noticed that the virtual keyboard has the wrong keys lit up, see symbols, capslock, shif. All 3 are on continously.
oh and while i was checking out the beta i noticed a bug in the enchanced view / recent added movies section. It's always showing an empty border. The last movie that was added is the movie that is 2nd in the list.

Forgot to report back that this is fixed. Thanks!

New version pushed to the stable repo and will be available within the next few days:

Version 2.2.21 for Gotham
Version 3.2.21 for Helix

- Speed improvements
- Some fixes to the touchscreen support
- Improved widget assigment
- Various graphical and aligment fixes
- New views: Big List and Low List
- New appearance settings to further customize the look and feel

New features will be (as usual) added to the beta version first.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback and extensive usertesting.
Special thanks to user mgonzales for helping me debugging the widget system.

Another great stable release of the skin just in time for 2014.
More great updates to come in 2015.

I wish you all a very good/happy new year's eve.

Marcel

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Deadpool - 2014-12-31

(2014-12-31, 12:37)marcelveldt Wrote: Could you please tell me what version of the "titan skin helper script" you have installed ?
In the meanwhile I'll go digging in the code what the problem could be....

EDIT: fixed in the new version. If you still have any problems you can try to reset the skin to defaults by opening guisettings.xml in a texteditor and remove all references to the titan skin.

I tried deleting all of the titan references in guisettings.xml but the widgets still seem to remain active in enhanced view. Unless I'm being stupid and you've redesigned it so that you can't have your submenu as anything but the buttons now?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dogbowl - 2015-01-01

(2014-11-08, 21:35)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-08, 17:27)darkmeiun Wrote: hey again, I noticed that when the main menu item big button image is set to use random from the library it gets it via the content type. is there a possibility to make an option that it would use only from the library or should i say more like the source like lets say playlist? as currently if someone wants to add seperate main buttons content wise for instance anime and tvshows as both would be set as content tv shows the random images would mix, and anime button would get the tvshows images and vise versa.

This support is available in the skin, but only if you use Plex or MediaBrowser.

If you use MediaBrowser you can add tiles for your collections,
For example you have a collection in your MB3 server named 3D Movies.
If you add a tile for 3D Movies on your homescreen, than the images that rotate in the tile only come from that 3D collection..

Nice huh :-)

If you do not use MediaBrowser or Plex there currently is no solution, maybe I can add support for this in the future but than I have to create some fancy workaround for this I guess. It's just one of the main advantages of using MB3 as your library (besides sharing your media on all your devices).

Registered to comment on this skin -- I switched to Titan with the upgrade to Kodi and its working really well for us. The above post is one addition that would be great for me as well.
I organize my library by playlist and would very much like to have each main tile point to one of the playlist (with the same functionality that the enhanced Movies and TV show default tiles have)

Does anyone know of custom widgets that might give me similar functionality as the enhanced tiles (but for playlists)?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-01

(2015-01-01, 18:22)dogbowl Wrote: Registered to comment on this skin -- I switched to Titan with the upgrade to Kodi and its working really well for us. The above post is one addition that would be great for me as well.
I organize my library by playlist and would very much like to have each main tile point to one of the playlist (with the same functionality that the enhanced Movies and TV show default tiles have)

Does anyone know of custom widgets that might give me similar functionality as the enhanced tiles (but for playlists)?

Well, the best solution is to use MediaBrowser or Plex because you get this functionality out-of-the box with other advantages like sharing your library with other clients etc. etc.
If you just want to use XBMC library you can create smart playlists for your content en then create tiles to those playlists.

Assuming you allready have setup playlists:

1. go to skin settings --> home home screen tiles
2. press add for a new tile
3. select "video library" --> playlist
4. select your playlist --> in the dialog select "show items instead of play"
5. at this stage you have succesfully created a tile to that specific content.
6. now you could also select a submenu, custom background or image that's up to you.

The skin has the ability to define your own widgets. So if you also like a widget for example with the latest movies in a specific playlist you can create another playlist based on your regular one and add a query to only show the latest additions or something. After that you can assign that playlist as the widget content.

Like I said with products like MediaBrowser or Plex (in which mediabrowser is completely free) you get all this out of the box, no further configuration in the skin required.
For normal xbmc libraries you have to work with playlists, a bit more work but it is definetely doable.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - rmilyard - 2015-01-01

So I am trying out this skin. I am coming from Aero MQ5. So far really liking this skin. I do have one question. Most of my movies are ISO files. I would like to see in the movie info my 3D BD iso files. In MQ it used custom BD Cases to show 3d. Other skins just show info in the line below where format and audio etc are. I am not seeing anything about this. All my 3d blu rays are named ie: Avatar.3d.iso, Brave.3d.iso etc,

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2015-01-01

Hi Marcel,

Happy New Year. Downloaded new beta yesterday evening and noticed that the skin shortcuts now take seconds to build on my AFTV where before it took 5 minutes or so. Thank you for the fantastic skin. Looking forward to 2015 and seeing what else you have up your sleeve.

p.s. also seemed to add the "log out" back to the shutdown menu so doubly happySmile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-01

(2015-01-01, 19:58)rmilyard Wrote: So I am trying out this skin. I am coming from Aero MQ5. So far really liking this skin. I do have one question. Most of my movies are ISO files. I would like to see in the movie info my 3D BD iso files. In MQ it used custom BD Cases to show 3d. Other skins just show info in the line below where format and audio etc are. I am not seeing anything about this. All my 3d blu rays are named ie: Avatar.3d.iso, Brave.3d.iso etc,

Hi, the skin should display 3D symbol for 3D movies so I think something is off with my 3D detection in the skin.
You do see the so called "flags" with codec, videoformat etc. ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - rmilyard - 2015-01-01

(2015-01-01, 21:58)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 19:58)rmilyard Wrote: So I am trying out this skin. I am coming from Aero MQ5. So far really liking this skin. I do have one question. Most of my movies are ISO files. I would like to see in the movie info my 3D BD iso files. In MQ it used custom BD Cases to show 3d. Other skins just show info in the line below where format and audio etc are. I am not seeing anything about this. All my 3d blu rays are named ie: Avatar.3d.iso, Brave.3d.iso etc,

Hi, the skin should display 3D symbol for 3D movies so I think something is off with my 3D detection in the skin.
You do see the so called "flags" with codec, videoformat etc. ?

K. I didn't think was something I did. I did a clean install of Kodi and your skin.