Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-02

(2015-01-01, 22:42)rmilyard Wrote: K. I didn't think was something I did. I did a clean install of Kodi and your skin.
I did a quick fix for this in the code. Could you check out the beta version of the skin to see if it's fix for you now ?
The latest beta version is 3.2.23 and is available on the mediabrowser repo (see first post)

(2015-01-01, 21:55)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Happy New Year. Downloaded new beta yesterday evening and noticed that the skin shortcuts now take seconds to build on my AFTV where before it took 5 minutes or so. Thank you for the fantastic skin. Looking forward to 2015 and seeing what else you have up your sleeve.

p.s. also seemed to add the "log out" back to the shutdown menu so doubly happySmile
Happy new year to you and your family too.
Thanks, yeah it's a huge performance boost now.
2015 will have more good things to come :-)

(2014-12-31, 21:18)Deadpool Wrote: I tried deleting all of the titan references in guisettings.xml but the widgets still seem to remain active in enhanced view. Unless I'm being stupid and you've redesigned it so that you can't have your submenu as anything but the buttons now?
Maybe you could make me a screenshot to explain what you mean ? You should really be able to disable both submenus and widgets in the menu editor.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - jmhenry5150 - 2015-01-02

My new favorite skin!

As I am a pretty novice user to kodi....when you do an major update (not the betas), will those changes get put in the official repository so all we have to do is go to the addon and select "check for updates"? or will this be auto updated?

Thanks again!

(2015-01-02, 16:39)jmhenry5150 Wrote: My new favorite skin!

As I am a pretty novice user to kodi....when you do an major update (not the betas), will those changes get put in the official repository so all we have to do is go to the addon and select "check for updates"? or will this be auto updated?

Thanks again!

Yes, the updates to official kodi repo will be automatically available. If you've set your system to auto update it will even auto update.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - rmilyard - 2015-01-02

marcelveldt that seems to have fix the 3d issue.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - RavenNL - 2015-01-02

heya,

found some minor navigation bugs, hope you dont mind that i'm reporting these bugs?

[official repo version]
skin settings menu / appearance:
media details panel opacity goes down to 0% then it resets to 100 and then it stops at 80%.

Tried to check the above in the beta in case it was already fixed / noticed but i notice that navigating through skin settings is kinda messed up atm. Just go to skin settings / appearance and go down.

I did found another bug yday but I kind of forgot, when it crosses my mind i will report for sure Wink

(2015-01-02, 21:22)RavenNL Wrote: heya,

found some minor navigation bugs, hope you dont mind that i'm reporting these bugs?

[official repo version]

skin settings menu / appearance:

media details panel opacity goes down to 0% then it resets to 100 and then it stops at 80%.

Tried to check the above in the beta in case it was already fixed / noticed but i notice that navigating through skin settings is kinda messed up atm. Just go to skin settings / appearance and go down.

I did found another bug yday but I kind of forgot, when it crosses my mind i will report for sure Wink

No problem at all, please report issues or feature suggestions, that's important to improve the skin. The transparency thing is fixed in the beta, I'm not aware of navigation issues in the skin settings but will look into it tomorrow. I'll push another update to stable repo next week with fixes for the issues that are found now.

Thanks for your contributions

(2015-01-02, 17:06)rmilyard Wrote: marcelveldt that seems to have fix the 3d issue.

Ok, great. Thanks for reporting back

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Tim8 - 2015-01-03

Hey, loving the fixes and updates lately, great work! I use classic view, is there any way to change the font size to bold or the color on the footer bar which tells you what show or movie is focused on? Also, I use Big Panel Details for my library view. I find my eyes go over to the left to read the information, is it possible to add the title of the video there as well? Last, any plans on implementing a buffer bar?

Thanks again for your hard work!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Picard007 - 2015-01-03

Hi, first let me say i like your skin,

in your new Update there are no more FSK (MPAA) Flags (in Films + Series) visible - can you check this please ?

regards

Picard007

Version 3.2.12: http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3856/974bki5k_jpg.htm

Version 3.2.24: http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3856/th7hhxnh_jpg.htm

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-03

(2015-01-03, 14:06)Picard007 Wrote: Hi, first let me say i like your skin,

in your new Update there are no more FSK (MPAA) Flags (in Films + Series) visible - can you check this please ?

regards

Picard007

Yes, that's correct as I had a hard time finding those MPAA flags icons that are all a good/same size, you can see that in the screenshot of the old version that the icon doesn't look great there.
Basically I either have to create icons for every single mpaa rating option available or switch to text based instead, maybe with some sort of overlay.
What I did now is place the MPAA rating textbased in the details. See for example the "big panel details" view, on the left side you have year, duration etc. and the MPAA rating, I can add this to the other lists too if you want.

Or maybe someone is willing to create the icons for the MPAA rating flags and known a good place to position them ?

Oh, on the movie-information dialog the rating flags are still present as image, in there you can see that the icons differ a lot between NL/FSK/US rating etc.

(2015-01-03, 09:40)Tim8 Wrote: Hey, loving the fixes and updates lately, great work! I use classic view, is there any way to change the font size to bold or the color on the footer bar which tells you what show or movie is focused on? Also, I use Big Panel Details for my library view. I find my eyes go over to the left to read the information, is it possible to add the title of the video there as well? Last, any plans on implementing a buffer bar?

Thanks again for your hard work!

Changed footer title to bold, good suggestion, looks better now.

As for the movie title; it is already located in the footer (now changed to bold) AND in very font on the top left.
I can easily add it to the details on the leftside but wouldn't that be a little overkill of showing the title ?
Did you notice that the title was already in the top left ?

AW: RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-01-03

(2015-01-03, 17:39)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 14:06)Picard007 Wrote: Hi, first let me say i like your skin,

regards

Picard007

Yes, that's correct as I had a hard time finding those MPAA flags icons that are all a good/same size, you can see that in the screenshot of the old version that the icon doesn't look great there.
Basically I either have to create icons for every single mpaa rating option available or switch to text based instead, maybe with some sort of overlay.
What I did now is place the MPAA rating textbased in the details. See for example the "big panel details" view, on the left side you have year, duration etc. and the MPAA rating, I can add this to the other lists too if you want.

Or maybe someone is willing to create the icons for the MPAA rating flags and known a good place to position them ?

Oh, on the movie-information dialog the rating flags are still present as image, in there you can see that the icons differ a lot between NL/FSK/US rating etc.

Sorry @marcelveldt, have not had time to answer with screenshots, but this is exactly the problem i was talking about Wink

(2015-01-03, 17:49)pünktchen Wrote: Sorry @marcelveldt, have not had time to answer with screenshots, but this is exactly the problem i was talking about Wink

Oh yeah, that's right indeed. What do you think of my suggestion to make the MPAA rating textbased instead like in the "big panel details" view ?

AW: RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-01-03

(2015-01-03, 17:52)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 17:49)pünktchen Wrote: Sorry @marcelveldt, have not had time to answer with screenshots, but this is exactly the problem i was talking about Wink

Oh yeah, that's right indeed. What do you think of my suggestion to make the MPAA rating textbased instead like in the "big panel details" view ?

Can't remember the big panels view... but in general text is okay. Maybe with a small background picture that looks like the frame of the other icons?

(2015-01-03, 18:09)pünktchen Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 17:52)marcelveldt Wrote:

Can't remember the big panels view... but in general text is okay. Maybe with a small background picture that looks like the frame of the other icons?
Yeah, I tried the border picture like I did with the flags but the problem with that is the MPAA rating doesn't have a consistent length. The one time it exists of 1 character, the other time it's a whole bunch of characters and the kodi skinning engine doesn't let me figure out the length of the string so I can not dynamically adjust the picture to the size of the text.

It's kind of a head-breaker isn't it ? :-)

Think that the only real solution would be to create new pictures for every possible mpaa-rating or stay with textbased details.

AW: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-01-03

Just make border picture as big as the max. mpaa length and center the text over it.
Imho better than text only!