Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - chchia - 2015-01-06

Hi Marcel, thank you for the promt fixed!!

however, i think fixing one issues may bring out different issues, and i know people said we should always appreciate what people favour and done for us. I do appreciate what have you done and i means i appreciate it a lot! but fck it, I am virgo and alsways looking for perfection, LMAO! Rofl

here we go, few comments, hope this is not trouble you too much:

1. I notice that you removed the big movie title on the top left of screen, actually the movie title showing there is important, sitting 3m away from TV is difficult to guess the movie title from the new small title caption.
ps. I found the title in header!! my bad!

2. the fanart although is in aspect ratio now, but possible to shrink it with aspect ratio?

3. the same fanart showing as background, was not in aspect ratio, beautiful lady become fat lady, LOL

again thank you for the time and effort! have a nice day!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - theredguy - 2015-01-06

(2015-01-05, 07:31)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 01:02)theredguy Wrote: I want to add the music search as a submenu item in the music tile. I'm not able to find that shortcut if I browse around, and I'm not sure what to put in for "custom action". Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm sure this is a simple thing.

I don't think that's possible.It isn't on the list with available window actions:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

But maybe someone has an idea to do this ?

In case anyone else is interested, I managed to do this as follows:

1) Make a file called music_search.py with the following:

Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin( "ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary)" )
xbmc.executebuiltin( "SendClick(8)" )

2) Create a submenu item with the following custom action:

RunScript(C:\path\to\music_search.py)

I had help from the following old post:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=147717

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - theredguy - 2015-01-06

In the "Panel Square" view in music albums, it would be great if the name of the currently selected album (maybe artist - album) would appear somewhere. There seems to be lots of room at the bottom. Or perhaps at the top, or wherever it makes sense.

Same thing with the panel square view in video files. I'd love to see the file name somewhere.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-01-06

Whoa - just discovered this. What an awesome skin (current skin is Warlion's Aeon Nox Gotham Plus).

Been looking to switch to MediaBrowser Theater for a while now for :

a) The MadVR playback engine - except it doesn't work
b) The gorgeous UI (XBMC looked a bit dated)

Titan Skin mitigates (b) and hopefully Kodi will improve the rendering engine so ....

Noticed a couple of issues with the skin tho - maybe been covered already but couldn't see anything :

1) Selecting a Movie Collections shows the previously selected movie background artwork and not the collection's artwork
2) Entering Movies or TV Show shows random artwork and not specifically restricted to Movies or TV Shows eg TV Shows displays Movie artwork.
3) Selecting a TV show doesn't display it's artwork - maybe related to (1)?

Can I make one request please? Aeon Nox Gotham Plus has Episode Style View for TV Shows which I love. Can this be done in Titan too pretty please? There is something similar but too big.

Edit : I am still on Gotham tho .....
Edit 2 : Ignore points 2 & 3. Point 1 still no joy Sad

Edit 3 : Ok, so for Point 1 missing collection artwork it's the 'extra artwork' option that's doing it (or, rather, not doing it). Is that a bug?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-06

(2015-01-06, 08:14)mombasa123 Wrote: Edit 3 : Ok, so for Point 1 missing collection artwork it's the 'extra artwork' option that's doing it (or, rather, not doing it). Is that a bug?

Hi, if I read your post correctly points 2 and 3 are already fixed ?
About 1... are you using stable or beta version ? I made some improvements on the extra fanart 2 days ago which is available in the beta.
Is it possible for you to check with the beta if that solved your problem ?

The changes in the beta will be pushed (if all is fine) to the stable repo within the next days

(2015-01-06, 05:36)theredguy Wrote: In case anyone else is interested, I managed to do this as follows:

1) Make a file called music_search.py with the following:

Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin( "ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary)" )
xbmc.executebuiltin( "SendClick(8)" )

2) Create a submenu item with the following custom action:

RunScript(C:\path\to\music_search.py)

I had help from the following old post:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=147717

Thanks you for sharing this!
I added this to the skin, so at the available submenu items for music you'll notice I added search.
Available in next beta

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-01-06

(2015-01-06, 13:18)marcelveldt Wrote: Hi, if I read your post correctly points 2 and 3 are already fixed ?
About 1... are you using stable or beta version ? I made some improvements on the extra fanart 2 days ago which is available in the beta.
Is it possible for you to check with the beta if that solved your problem ?

The changes in the beta will be pushed (if all is fine) to the stable repo within the next days

Yes 2 & 3 are good thx. I will try the beta when i get a chance.

Cheers

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - ludogiuly - 2015-01-06

(2015-01-05, 18:27)ludogiuly Wrote: Hi!

Everything is working flawlessly since i moved to kodi. I still have a few questions for you though. ^^

- My movies and tv shows are stored on an external bay drive, wich turns itself to sleep mode when i don't use it after a few minutes. When i try to launch a movie or episode while it's asleep, it takes about 6-8 seconds to wake up. Unfortunately kodi sends me a notification after about 5 seconds, saying that he can't access the drive... Is there any way to improve the delay before kodi sends this notification?

- I usually set the zoom level at 1.10 on my 2.35 2.40 movies in order to make the picture feel a little bit bigger on my 16/9 screen without losing too much sharpness. Is there a way to set a default zoom level depending on the aspect ratio of the movie somewhere in the settings?

Thanks! Keep up the good work Smile

Anyone? Smile

I noticed there's an option to stretch non 16/9 videos in order to minimize the black bars, but i'd rather set a default zoom level for these non 16/9 videos.

[Bugs] Live TV - d0wnl0rd - 2015-01-06

I've played along with Live TV, so I came upon a couple of issues (all true for latest beta of Titan under Helix 14 on Win 7):

I) Channel List view - mouse action
a) Channel selection does not follow mouse movement:
unless
b) you click on the detail pane with EPG info on the left side, then the focus jumps to the corresponding channel

II) EPG view - menu selection
The Menu on the left hand side does not react on a click (and its not reachable by the usual key strokes either)
The corresponding screen under confluence does act on it:

(and BTW with mouse support activated a menu / home icon does not even appear)

And on a related note, but not only true here:
Could you think about making the usual dialog buttons
more touch friendly (eg. the yes / no dialogs are a great example)

(2015-01-06, 18:37)ludogiuly Wrote: - My movies and tv shows are stored on an external bay drive, wich turns itself to sleep mode when i don't use it after a few minutes. When i try to launch a movie or episode while it's asleep, it takes about 6-8 seconds to wake up. Unfortunately kodi sends me a notification after about 5 seconds, saying that he can't access the drive... Is there any way to improve the delay before kodi sends this notification?

- I usually set the zoom level at 1.10 on my 2.35 2.40 movies in order to make the picture feel a little bit bigger on my 16/9 screen without losing too much sharpness. Is there a way to set a default zoom level depending on the aspect ratio of the movie somewhere in the settings?

Anyone? Smile

Well, those are valid points but not skin-related. Also, I don't think it's possible but post it in the general section of the forums (where more kodi team members look) and maybe there's an answer or possible workaround for that.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-01-06

While i see the two tvguide pictures above, it would be a nice addition to Titan:
Make the guide panel a little bit lighter and all on the left of timeline bar is covered with an overlay!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - ludogiuly - 2015-01-06

(2015-01-06, 20:02)marcelveldt Wrote: Well, those are valid points but not skin-related. Also, I don't think it's possible but post it in the general section of the forums (where more kodi team members look) and maybe there's an answer or possible workaround for that.

Thanks, i'm gonna try that!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Hypnagogic - 2015-01-06

Great skin!

A couple requests.
1. Ability to toggle on/off live tiles on home window navbar for lower CPU systems. In my opinion a variation of what is used in Mimic would look good.
2. Maintain center focus on home window navbar.

Keep up the great work!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-01-07

Is it possible to hide the entrys "Duration" and "Director" in listviews when they have no values?!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-06, 20:43)pĆ¼nktchen Wrote: While i see the two tvguide pictures above, it would be a nice addition to Titan:

Make the guide panel a little bit lighter and all on the left of timeline bar is covered with an overlay!

I did some work on this in latest beta. The pvr views should now also follow the appearance settings for transparency and added option for more rows in the epg grid and genre colors.

(2015-01-06, 23:21)Hypnagogic Wrote: Great skin!

A couple requests.

1. Ability to toggle on/off live tiles on home window navbar for lower CPU systems. In my opinion a variation of what is used in Mimic would look good.

2. Maintain center focus on home window navbar.

Keep up the great work!

The skin should work great even on low power systems as all images are background loaded by kodi but you can also set a static image to the tiles yourself. Will add to my to do list to create a global setting for low power devices to disable some artwork.

Request 2: You mean that only one tile can have focus? For example the one in the center?

(2015-01-07, 01:53)pĆ¼nktchen Wrote: Is it possible to hide the entrys "Duration" and "Director" in listviews when they have no values?!

Did a quick fix for this in latest beta, please test if its fixed now.