Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Hypnagogic - 2015-01-07

Thanks for the quick response. Yes exactly center item has focus and the list moves from left to right instead of focus moving left to right.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-01-07

Hi Marcel,

Still playing with and getting used to the skin.

Couple of questions :

1) I can't seem to get 'live' tiles in the submenu's. For eg, Movies submenu's Latest, In Progress, Sets all have static images. Is it possible to do that?
2) Erm, how do I go about installing the Beta Smile

Tried out Mediatheatre as library but will take a while to get my head around it .....

Once again, great skin - I have some improvement suggestions but later once I have played a lot more - don't want to waste your time Smile

Cheers

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - d0wnl0rd - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-07, 15:20)mombasa123 Wrote: 2) Erm, how do I go about installing the Beta Smile

Download and install the mediabrowser repo: Mediabrowser Beta Repo

After that you sould have the beta version of the skin available (means installable).

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-07, 16:01)d0wnl0rd Wrote: Download and install the mediabrowser repo: Mediabrowser Beta Repo

After that you sould have the beta version of the skin available (means installable).

Great, done!

Marcel, that's sorted the sticky Collection background issue when extra fanart is turned on Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - RavenNL - 2015-01-07

Hi Marcel,

As always great work and awesome support.

I have a little enhancement request regarding the tv-guide / next air library. Would it be possible if you change the focus to the day instead of the show? This way its easier to scroll trough the days and see what is coming because now you always need to press lef first and scroll down.

(2015-01-07, 03:11)marcelveldt Wrote: I did some work on this in latest beta. The pvr views should now also follow the appearance settings for transparency and added option for more rows in the epg grid and genre colors.
You amaze me with your speed to react and fix Big Grin

Regarding menus in EPG view:
  • without Mouse/Touch support enabled there is still no menu:
  • with Mouse/Touch support enabled it works:
  • But still no coloring according to genres (or do I miss something in the options?) as in confluence Found it!! Blush

Please understand my constant posts as they are intended: it's no criticism or nagging but an attempt to make a great skin even better Angel

Two things:

a) Under Windows during video play a slightest move of the mouse leads to the reappearance of the OSD. This is somewhat tedious, as the OSD does not reliably disappear afterwards but remains active.

b) As already mentioned a lot of dialogs could be made touch friendlier, e.g. in this one (first the logical sequence of play vs cancel is reversed and then the icons are way too small to easily choose them

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-07, 20:46)d0wnl0rd Wrote: 1. without Mouse/Touch support enabled there is still no menu:
2. But still no coloring according to genres (or do I miss something in the options?) as in confluence

3. Under Windows during video play a slightest move of the mouse leads to the reappearance of the OSD. This is somewhat tedious, as the OSD does not reliably disappear afterwards but remains active.

4. As already mentioned a lot of dialogs could be made touch friendlier, e.g. in this one (first the logical sequence of play vs cancel is reversed and then the icons are way too small to easily choose them

1. Got it, thanks. just added the menu buttons to the PVR views.
2. See the appearance options in skin settings
3. Sorry, this is default xbmc behaviour. Just tested that with confluence and it has exact same behaviour. I don't know if there's a way around that.
4. I just added larger buttons to that PVR dialog in your screenshot. If you see any other dialogs that that need other buttons let me know!

I'll upload another beta later today with the latest fixes. Think I can do push to stable as things are pretty solid now.
Oh and I like the feedback you guys give me so don't hecitate to post your feedback at all.
It's my opinion that together with many we can make some cool things around here

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - theredguy - 2015-01-07

Is it easy to jump back and forth from beta to stable? I'd love to test out the latest beta stuff, but I need to be able to leave it solid for the wife and kids when I'm done playing.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-07, 22:01)theredguy Wrote: Is it easy to jump back and forth from beta to stable? I'd love to test out the latest beta stuff, but I need to be able to leave it solid for the wife and kids when I'm done playing.

Yes, really easy because the beta has a different ID. You can have them both installed at the same time.
In the list of skins you'll have "Titan MediaBrowser" for the stable and "Titan MediaBrowser BETA" for the beta version listed.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-01-08

Really nice work on the tvguide!
Only at the bottom the transparent overlay still overlaps the background
and i think it would look even more better if the channels on the left get back the darker blue or better get the same transparent overlay.

Another request for the pvr section: In recordings it would be nice to have the channel logo as an underlying
picture to the recording thumb. I don't generate recording thumbs and so it looks empty there.
Also hide the labels "Name" and "Channel" when they have no value - happens on folders!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - theredguy - 2015-01-08

(2015-01-06, 05:52)theredguy Wrote: In the "Panel Square" view in music albums, it would be great if the name of the currently selected album (maybe artist - album) would appear somewhere. There seems to be lots of room at the bottom. Or perhaps at the top, or wherever it makes sense.

Same thing with the panel square view in video files. I'd love to see the file name somewhere.

Further to this - I noticed that the Big Panel view shows the name of the selected item at the top after MOVIES > (or whatever the case may be), but the Panel Square view, where it is available, does not show the selected item (e.g. in Albums). Is it possible for Panel Square to show the selection similar to the way Big Panel does?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - theredguy - 2015-01-08

(2015-01-07, 22:02)marcelveldt Wrote: Yes, really easy because the beta has a different ID. You can have them both installed at the same time.
In the list of skins you'll have "Titan MediaBrowser" for the stable and "Titan MediaBrowser BETA" for the beta version listed.

Since installing the beta skin, when I'm in the stable skin and I start a video, I get the following error:

Script failed!: Titan MediaBrowser helper script (BETA)

Then the OSD never disappears and I can't get it to disappear. If I press "back", which is how I can normally hide it, it just takes me back to the main menu (the video continues to play). This issue does not occur when I'm in the beta skin. Also the issue persists in the stable skin even if I uninstall the beta skin. I've got the same behaviour on two different clients.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-08

(2015-01-08, 05:26)theredguy Wrote: Since installing the beta skin, when I'm in the stable skin and I start a video, I get the following error:

Script failed!: Titan MediaBrowser helper script (BETA)

Then the OSD never disappears and I can't get it to disappear. If I press "back", which is how I can normally hide it, it just takes me back to the main menu (the video continues to play). This issue does not occur when I'm in the beta skin. Also the issue persists in the stable skin even if I uninstall the beta skin. I've got the same behaviour on two different clients.

oops, sorry about that. There helper script wasn't backwards compatible with the stable skin version. I did a quick fix for this and uploaded new version of the helper script. problem should be svolved now.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - beastment - 2015-01-08

Hi,

As a former Titant/Mediaportal user, I'm loving this skin. It does 'almost' everything I've come to expect from mediaportal (recently abandoned MP due to stability and addons not being updated). There's one thing that's bugging me though, which is that raised by hypnogogic above, i.e.:

Can you add an option to maintain 'centre focus' on the home screen please? i.e. startup with and always have the centre item in focus, and scroll the tiles to select, rather than moving a selection box. With the beta version allowing up to 5 tiles present on a single row, this becomes very effective. From a WAF perspective, you can see all main options on screen, with your default being front and centre and obvious options off to the left and right. E.g. I usually have my video/tv stuff extending off to the left, and music related stuff extending off to the right. As you move in either direction more of these appear on screen, or you end up in settings etc (which is initially off screen for WAF). At the moment you have to scroll at edge of screen as well as a loop around/reset when you get to the end of the icons. Maintaining centre focus gives a much smoother and seamless feel I think. Once implemented, I assume you would already be able to just reorder the home icons in order to set the default 'startup' tile, but if not this would also be great.

Fantastic work Marcel.

Cheers.