Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-12

(2015-01-12, 16:32)jmhenry5150 Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 19:46)jmhenry5150 Wrote: One big thing I would like to do (which I think is possible but may be a bug?).

On my server, I have my folder structure as such:

A)

- A League of Their Own (1992)

- A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)

B)

- Bad Teacher (2011)

- Battle Los Angeles (2011)

etc)

I would like the Movies shortcut to go to this file structure (which I can currently do)...but I lose the random movie artwork tile / background (which I love)

I go into configure shortcuts and select the new tile and select configure widget and select the movies widget...

Shouldn't this give me back my random artwork on the home screen?

If it should, then this is not working... Sad

If it shouldn't and I am not understanding the widget function, then is it possible to do what I want?

Hey Marcell, can you comment on this?

The widgets are a completely different thing then the tile image the widget is the info that shows up if you press up/down buttons on the tile, like latest movies etc.

The rotating artwork is currently only possible for common tiles like the normal movies button, TV shows, music etc. For a custom tile (for example to a playlist or other custom entry) you have to define your own tile images. What I can do is let you choose from some common images in the menu editor, so you can for example assign "rotating movie artwork" to your custom "movies A" tile but this will show artwork from all your movies, not just from "movies A". Do you get what I mean? I currently have no idea to get around that when using regular Kodi libraries.

If you're using Plex or Mediabrowser as the backend in the skin then you will get this behavior by default. You can create custom collections on those platform and in the skin I embrace this by showing only widget content, images etc from that collection.

(2015-01-12, 19:32)lennie paz Wrote:
(2015-01-12, 11:15)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-12, 05:24)lennie paz Wrote: That is just showing the top of that image.It's probably only showing about 1/3 of the NBC image.

Ah, now I know what you mean. You created a tile for a custom addon.

The only way to get a good/nice tile image is to set your own custom tile image, you can create one with a simple picture editor or just google for one.

The dimensions for the home tiles are 600x250 pixels but you can off course pick an image with other dimensions but with this aspect ratio.

Images are cropped and centered on the tile because stretching them (fit to fill the tile) will definitely not look good.

The reason that your image now looks bad is because the Original image (as added by the addon) was a square image that is now cropped to fit the tile.

Thanks Marcel, I'll try making my own icons. Did you see my other question I asked the other day, as far as the covers showing in every view, except the Showcase view? There are no covers showing at all, in the Showcase view.

Oh yes, sorry forgot to reply. I fixed this and will provide new beta tomorrow.

(2015-01-11, 21:40)pünktchen Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 21:27)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 21:21)pünktchen Wrote: In TVGuide timeline view, when you go all the way to the left, you still cannot rech the menu! Works in Confluence...

Ok, I'll take a look and fix tomorrow. I had always thought that it would just go back in time on the timeline when you press left key

I've enabled
<epg>
<lingertime>60</lingertime> <!-- keep X minutes of past epg data (default: 24h) -->
</epg>
in the advancedsettings.xml, so you can see the problem immediately.

Thanks, was looking for that option myself too, nice [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Fixed the left button on the guide, available in tomorrow's beta

(2015-01-11, 07:51)mombasa123 Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 07:04)pünktchen Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 05:58)mombasa123 Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Some improvement suggestions :

3) Can you make the codec info bar narrower? To much spacing between the sections so reduce spacing or remove altogether?

4) On a similar note, make the OSD panel narrower so it doesn't cover the bottom bit of a vid so much or increase / remove panel transparency perhaps (tie it in to background panel opacity setting)

Please do not anything of this @marcelveldt! I like to have the codec info and when it's to small i have to sit right in my TV. Also i cannot understand the problem with the OSD. Eighter i want to watch at the video or the OSD. But both?

(3) Too much spacing betwwen sections so it obscures the movie - would be nice if took up less space.

(4) i meant when i hit Pause or bring up OSD it would be nice to have it less darker

Tbh I made the flag icons some larger to improve readability from distance on TV screens.
The classic theme has smaller icons, maybe use that theme? Or I can create option to use smaller icons in appearance settings...

The panel opacity in the OSD can be made less darker but keep in mind that it's hard to read text when the video is beneath. Will add option for it, is just a small change

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - jmhenry5150 - 2015-01-12

Quote:The rotating artwork is currently only possible for common tiles like the normal movies button, TV shows, music etc. For a custom tile (for example to a playlist or other custom entry) you have to define your own tile images. What I can do is let you choose from some common images in the menu editor, so you can for example assign "rotating movie artwork" to your custom "movies A" tile but this will show artwork from all your movies, not just from "movies A". Do you get what I mean? I currently have no idea to get around that when using regular Kodi libraries.

This would be perfect - as long as it rotates movie images I would be happy with that Tongue

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Morphy99 - 2015-01-12

Found a bug on the beta when selecting clean video library from the TV shows submenu the usual progress icon doesn't appear and it seems as though there is a crash until the cleanup is complete then once again it becomes responsive. This is on Kodi stable windows.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - AndyHandy - 2015-01-12

Thanks for creating such a great skin, I'm new to kodi and loving it. I have installed the beta skin and have a couple of questions.

Will I get automatic updates for the skin, I loaded it from the beta repo?

I am using media portal back end and have epg genre colour coding enabled but I only get a grey epg in the beta skin, what am I doing wrong ?

Finally the sub menus (the ones that slide in from the side of the screen) and the favorite menu (I have made a favourite button on yhe main screen) have grey backgrounds, can I change their colour? I have tried lots of things in the appearance menu but cant' seem to find the correct item to change

Thanks for your help
Andy

(2015-01-12, 23:05)AndyHandy Wrote: Thanks for creating such a great skin, I'm new to kodi and loving it. I have installed the beta skin and have a couple of questions.

I am using media portal back end and have epg genre colour coding enabled but I only get a grey epg in the beta skin, what am I doing wrong ?

Finally the sub menus (the ones that slide in from the side of the screen) and the favorite menu (I have made a favourite button on yhe main screen) have grey backgrounds, can I change their colour? I have tried lots of things in the appearance menu but cant' seem to find the correct item to change

Thanks for your help

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for the feedback.

Yes, you'll receive automatic updates on the beta skin. Be aware that the beta skin updates a few times a week while the stable only updates like once a month.

The genre colors only work if your tv plugin supports it. Seems like mediaportal doesn't at the moment? I use dvblink myself and it's working great.

I expect you're using the classic theme as you mentioned the grey background for the menus. Well that part you can't currently customize, now its just the textures/colors from the original mediaportal skin. In the default theme I used other textures and colors for those menu's. Maybe try out the default theme to see if you like it? Otherwise I can create an option to customize the sub menu color.

(2015-01-12, 22:18)Morphy99 Wrote: Found a bug on the beta when selecting clean video library from the TV shows submenu the usual progress icon doesn't appear and it seems as though there is a crash until the cleanup is complete then once again it becomes responsive. This is on Kodi stable windows.

Ok, thanks for reporting. Will look into it tomorrow

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Morphy99 - 2015-01-13

(2015-01-12, 23:16)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-12, 22:18)Morphy99 Wrote: Found a bug on the beta when selecting clean video library from the TV shows submenu the usual progress icon doesn't appear and it seems as though there is a crash until the cleanup is complete then once again it becomes responsive. This is on Kodi stable windows.

Ok, thanks for reporting. Will look into it tomorrow

Thanks Smile Also maybe could you look at the "XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)" menu too sometime? I think IMO it would look better to one side of the screen (left or right) and without the blacking out of the screen as the main point in this menu is to still have a view of the TV whilst being able to look at whats on other channels. If it was a case we just wanted to look at EPG without seeing the picture then this is possible with normal EPG.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-01-13

(2015-01-12, 19:56)marcelveldt Wrote: Tbh I made the flag icons some larger to improve readability from distance on TV screens.
The classic theme has smaller icons, maybe use that theme? Or I can create option to use smaller icons in appearance settings...

The panel opacity in the OSD can be made less darker but keep in mind that it's hard to read text when the video is beneath. Will add option for it, is just a small change

Hi - leave the icons as they are i reckon.

The panel opacity would be really nice and also reduce the spacing in the codec info?

Thx

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - AndyHandy - 2015-01-13

(2015-01-12, 23:16)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-12, 23:05)AndyHandy Wrote: Thanks for creating such a great skin, I'm new to kodi and loving it. I have installed the beta skin and have a couple of questions.

Thanks for your help

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for the feedback.

Yes, you'll receive automatic updates on the beta skin. Be aware that the beta skin updates a few times a week while the stable only updates like once a month.

The genre colors only work if your tv plugin supports it. Seems like mediaportal doesn't at the moment? I use dvblink myself and it's working great.

I expect you're using the classic theme as you mentioned the grey background for the menus. Well that part you can't currently customize, now its just the textures/colors from the original mediaportal skin. In the default theme I used other textures and colors for those menu's. Maybe try out the default theme to see if you like it? Otherwise I can create an option to customize the sub menu color.

Ok Thanks for that, yes I'm using the Classic theme, I will give the default scheme a look at and see if I like it.

With regard to the Genre colours, I have run medial portal front end and that does support coloured genre and I have checked it in the MP TV server and it is enabled, so maybe its something else, I will run MP front end again tonight just to check the colour coding is still working and let you know.

Also a couple of things I noticed this morning

a) on startup the message came up in the top left hand corner that it was importing the EPG and didnt report any problems but when I went to look at the EPG in kodi it wasn't there at all
b) when you click on channel the channel (without viewing the EPG) order list comes up upside down ie 1 is at the bottom and 2 is above it etc etc, is that a bug or something i've done wrong

Once again many Thanks

Andy

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Morphy99 - 2015-01-13

Andy check in confluence skin as I don't think they are skin related. I was using wmc for PVR and EPG colour categories worked ok have just switched to mediaportal backend so will see if it works on that. I take it you've enabled in settings? No EPG is to do with your PVR pulling it from backend. Channel order is prob due to use backend channel numbers being disabled.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - lennie paz - 2015-01-13

Some of the views I select, aren't sticking permanently. The view keeps going back to Showcase.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-01-14

In PVR Recordings and PVR Timers the last button in the sideblade menu uses false string ids!
"#31050 - All Movies" should be "#21430 - Ascending" and
"#31051 - All TV Shows" should be "#21431 - Descending",
but there's no id for those in your strings.po

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-14

(2015-01-14, 03:49)pünktchen Wrote: In PVR Recordings and PVR Timers the last button in the sideblade menu uses false string ids!
"#31050 - All Movies" should be "#21430 - Ascending" and
"#31051 - All TV Shows" should be "#21431 - Descending",
but there's no id for those in your strings.po

Thanks for the catch, fixed. Will provide a new beta today with a lot of fixes.

(2015-01-13, 18:56)lennie paz Wrote: Some of the views I select, aren't sticking permanently. The view keeps going back to Showcase.

I think you're having this problem with video addons ?
Open the addon-settings for those video-addons and look for option to "set view" of "force view".
Either disable this option or use one of Titan's view numbers, these are provided in this forum thread a while back.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-14

(2015-01-13, 03:39)Morphy99 Wrote: Thanks Smile Also maybe could you look at the "XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)" menu too sometime? I think IMO it would look better to one side of the screen (left or right) and without the blacking out of the screen as the main point in this menu is to still have a view of the TV whilst being able to look at whats on other channels. If it was a case we just wanted to look at EPG without seeing the picture then this is possible with normal EPG.

I restyled that dialog. Available in new beta.

fixed in new beta, available within a few hours.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Morphy99 - 2015-01-14

(2015-01-14, 18:29)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-13, 03:39)Morphy99 Wrote: Thanks Smile Also maybe could you look at the "XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)" menu too sometime? I think IMO it would look better to one side of the screen (left or right) and without the blacking out of the screen as the main point in this menu is to still have a view of the TV whilst being able to look at whats on other channels. If it was a case we just wanted to look at EPG without seeing the picture then this is possible with normal EPG.

I restyled that dialog. Available in new beta.

fixed in new beta, available within a few hours.
Thanks you're a star Smile Look forward to trying out later Smile