Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2015-01-17

Hi Marcel,

.35 beta is only available for helix. will you also update for gotham?

AW: RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-01-18

(2015-01-17, 05:46)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-15, 11:04)pĆ¼nktchen Wrote: For the PVR Guide it would be nice, if the height of the programm description box increases with lower tvguide rows. Even with 7 rows it's just too small.

Adjusted it some more in latest 3.2.35 beta, please give it a try and let me know if it's better now.
Looks good now. Thanks!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-01-18

(2015-01-17, 05:46)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-15, 08:50)mombasa123 Wrote: 1) Can you remove the watched items from Recently Added Episodes/Movies views please? Otherwise list gets too big. Skins like Aeon Nox and Amber do that. I can use a filter i know but that screws up other normal views and is a pain switching it on and off. Note that widgets on the right panel are fine. They only show unwatched/in progress titles.

7) Get Extra Artwork seems to be missing from the Movies and TVShows side menus?

8) Make the home left panel widgets wrap around to the top when using down arrow?

Feature request:
1) An Episodes view type for TV Shows would be awesome. Was in the original Aeon Nox and now in the Gotham/Kodi spinoffs. If not, can you make Banner List View smaller - say 8-10 on view and each banner more compact. I have resorted to List view which looks decent but not quite as good as Episode View.

2) Can you show next aired episode etc details when in TV Shows? Currently its on the individual episodes Info screen only

Thanks!

1) Oh yeay, I have to include a custom playlist for that in the skin. Will do within the next few days, no problem.

7) will add that to my todo list :-)

8) And how can you then go back to the home menu ?

feature request 1 --> can you make a screenshot or simple mockup for me then I'll see what I can do.

feature request 2 --> I've added nextaired info to some of the info panels but I'll look again if more places can use it.

Thanks,

Marcel

Thanks for the reply Marcel. Understood about the stuff you can't do and cheers for doing/considering the others.

In reply :

8) May be at x'd purpose here. I meant that when you are in the right hand side panel of the Movie/TV widget and scrolling up n down, say thru Random Movies, getting to the bottom of the list should take you back to the top - ie wraparound. Hitting left/right arrow will get you off this part of the widget and onto the main widget etc.

Feature request 1 : Please see attached from Aeon Shednox skin but tbh, not that bothered. Got used to the Titan List view for TV Shows. Looks just as good.

Feature request 2: Look at the 'next aired' bit in the same screenshot - that would be nice to have eg in the List views

Cheers

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-18

(2015-01-17, 14:58)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi Marcel,

.35 beta is only available for helix. will you also update for gotham?

Will build the beta for gotham ths afternoon.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Morphy99 - 2015-01-20

Hi Marcel
Like the EPG but there must be a way to include channel groups? On confluence it shows which group at the top?
Also another feature request would it be possible to get a system info widget when hovered over settings, sure I've seen this in other skins?

Another quick suggestion is for music recent / random albums widget to show artist name as well as album name?

Also I can't seem to see profile directory source when going to browse for a custom background in the customise tiles menu?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - musicadi - 2015-01-20

Hello,

Very nice skin, thank you!

I would like to do some tweaks. Can you help me find the right xml files/lines for that?

1. in Music - Songs - Big List view, add the "year" before the "genre" in the info and remove the word "Album"
2. remove the animation in lyrics view

Thank you for your help!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-01-20

Hi Marcel,

First of all, congratulations on the best skin I've ever used! Smile It does everything I need, and more.

I am just querying if anything has changed regarding the backgrounds, since I now have a black border around the whole of the Kodi program - as though the program has "shrunk". I hope that makes sense!
If I play any file or stream, then it plays full screen, so that is not the problem.
I'm fairly certain I haven't changed anything.
I'm using the (Helix) Beta 3.2.36

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-20

(2015-01-20, 14:33)musicadi Wrote: Hello,

Very nice skin, thank you!

I would like to do some tweaks. Can you help me find the right xml files/lines for that?

1. in Music - Songs - Big List view, add the "year" before the "genre" in the info and remove the word "Album"
2. remove the animation in lyrics view

Thank you for your help!

Hi, if you want I can do the changes for you in the skin so you don't have to redo your changes every time the skin gets updated.

EDIT: question 1 --> done in the skin, is in tonights beta update. question 2 --> which animation do you mean ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - bigamusj - 2015-01-20

thank you for this awesome skin it is my favorite. I have one qeustion that i can not seem to find an answer to however, when ever i bring media up with this skin it allways says hidden to prevent spoilers in the descriptions and this only comes up with this skin so how can i turn that off?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-20

(2015-01-20, 23:22)bigamusj Wrote: thank you for this awesome skin it is my favorite. I have one qeustion that i can not seem to find an answer to however, when ever i bring media up with this skin it allways says hidden to prevent spoilers in the descriptions and this only comes up with this skin so how can i turn that off?

Thanks for the feedback.
As for the descriptions.. that's a standard xbmc setting.
Go to Settings --> Video --> Library --> Enable "show plot for unwatched items "

(2015-01-20, 21:07)gazzacloud Wrote: Hi Marcel,

First of all, congratulations on the best skin I've ever used! Smile It does everything I need, and more.

I am just querying if anything has changed regarding the backgrounds, since I now have a black border around the whole of the Kodi program - as though the program has "shrunk". I hope that makes sense!
If I play any file or stream, then it plays full screen, so that is not the problem.
I'm fairly certain I haven't changed anything.
I'm using the (Helix) Beta 3.2.36

Hi,
nothing has changed regarding background sizes. I just double checked this in the skin's code.
Maybe it's some hiudden kodi feature or something ?

(2015-01-18, 06:37)mombasa123 Wrote: Thanks for the reply Marcel. Understood about the stuff you can't do and cheers for doing/considering the others.

In reply :

8) May be at x'd purpose here. I meant that when you are in the right hand side panel of the Movie/TV widget and scrolling up n down, say thru Random Movies, getting to the bottom of the list should take you back to the top - ie wraparound. Hitting left/right arrow will get you off this part of the widget and onto the main widget etc.

Feature request 1 : Please see attached from Aeon Shednox skin but tbh, not that bothered. Got used to the Titan List view for TV Shows. Looks just as good.

Feature request 2: Look at the 'next aired' bit in the same screenshot - that would be nice to have eg in the List views

Cheers

Hi Mombasa, just a quick notice that all your requests/suggestions are included in the skin.
In skin settings you'l also notice a setting to enable banners in the list views for tv shows.
Regards,

Marcel

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-01-21

(2015-01-20, 23:28)marcelveldt Wrote: Hi Mombasa, just a quick notice that all your requests/suggestions are included in the skin.
In skin settings you'l also notice a setting to enable banners in the list views for tv shows.
Regards,

Marcel

Hi Marcel - yes noticed that yday while struggling to sort out my new home theatre. Was very pleasantly surprised Smile

Not being picky but can you make the banners smaller to fit more on?

Many, many thanks!!!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - spacebug80 - 2015-01-21

Hello, I have a problem to install the Titan Skin.

I use a fresh install of Kodi in combination with media browser server.
Here the steps I did so far:

-installed Kodi
-installed the media browser Xbmb3c project repository from zip file
-installed the media browser add on through Xbmb3c

Than I have tried to install the Titan Skin for Media Browser (also with the MB Xbmb3c repository) and here is the problem. I start the install and get the message to switch to the new skin. Up to this point everything seems fine, but when Kodi try to load the skin an error pops up telling me that the skin can't load because of "some missing files".

I get the same error on two different maschines.

Maschine 1: Windows 7 pro
Maschine 2: Windows 8.1 pro

I don't know if this is importend but I use at both system a standard user. I also tried to run Kodi with adminstrator rights but still the same error occured.

So have anybody experieneced the same issue and can help me?

Thanks

AW: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-01-21

Maybe you have not installed the "titan.skin.helper" files?! They are also in the Mediabrowser repository.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-01-21

(2015-01-21, 09:14)spacebug80 Wrote: Hello, I have a problem to install the Titan Skin.

I use a fresh install of Kodi in combination with media browser server.
Here the steps I did so far:

-installed Kodi
-installed the media browser Xbmb3c project repository from zip file
-installed the media browser add on through Xbmb3c

Than I have tried to install the Titan Skin for Media Browser (also with the MB Xbmb3c repository) and here is the problem. I start the install and get the message to switch to the new skin. Up to this point everything seems fine, but when Kodi try to load the skin an error pops up telling me that the skin can't load because of "some missing files".

Thanks

Hi, that's a strange issue you're experiencing.
Please note that there's no need to install the mediabrowser repo.

Both the skin and the mediabrowser addon are available in the official kodi repo, you can just install from there.
Only if you want to play around (and help testing) the new beta versions of the skin you can install the mediabrowser beta repo.

Did you install the normal xbmb3c (mediabrowser) repo or the beta version ?
Maybe there's some sort of error with the skin with the normal/stable mediabrowser repo, I'll check that out.

BTW: The titanskin helper script is indeed needed by the skin but will be installed automatically by kodi if you install the skin.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - spacebug80 - 2015-01-21

Hello again,

thanks for the fast answer. I used this file 'repository.xbmb3c-1.0.2.zip' what is available at:

http://mediabrowser.tv/download/

So I think it is not a beta version. Within the intall process I followed these instructions from mediabrowser.tv

Installation Instructions:

Download the repository
- Install using System -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file
- Install the Kodi add-on from the repository
- Install your skin of choice from the Kodi repository

The only change from these Instructions was, that I tried to install the Titan Skin via xbmb3c repository. So I will check out your suggestion to use official kodi repo for the whole installation, when I'am back home. I let you know if this is a solution for the issues.