Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-02

(2015-02-02, 21:15)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Hey Marcel, when do you think you will do a release to production?

As soon as the current issues are solved. Within a few days I think...
Currently fixing the latest reported issues and will provide a new beta as of tonight and hopefully it's ready for stable then :-)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-03

Hi all, I just uploaded beta version 3.2.47 to the beta repo. This should fix the issues mentioned here.
When all is fine (no issues are found) with this release it's time to push this to the stable release of the skin.
I think I found a way to make extrafanart working very well, please try it out.

Thanks all for extended testing and feedback!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - klausindc - 2015-02-03

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for this great skin. I am having problems with PleXBMC when I use the beta version but not the stable version. Not sure if it is me or a real problem. When I try to load something it never starts and if I go back to PleXBMC the screen is blank.

Klaus

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-02-03

Hi Marcel,

Just playing around with the latest Beta, and everything looks great with no apparent bugs that I have noticed from my previous notes.

And thank you for the excellent work on the vertical menu - everything is working as expected, and it's now my menu of choice Smile

Still having a problem with the weather stuff mentioned previously, so I'll try and put together a message in the Feature Request forum.

Well done!

Hi Marcel,

Just a very minor bug.
I use the TuneIn Radio add-on in a submenu.
In the Enhanced screen setup, TuneIn finds fan art etc for the artist being played and if it can't, it reverts to the multi images that I have set up for the main menu override.
This doesn't happen in the vertical menu - if it doesn't find fanart, it reverts to a black screen.

I may have spoken too soon - Kodi now seems to be crashing fairly regularly.

It's hard to pinpoint, but now, the Tune-In submenu loads a blank menu screen, and none of submenus in my Favourites menu works either.

What's even stranger is that the "Edit menu shortcuts" button in the Configure shortcuts can be clicked on - but nothing happens.
A reboot appears to solve the issue - for a while, then the same things start to happen - no actions when clicking on submenus created for addons etc.

UPDATE:
Interestingly, submenu's that are standard shortcuts, such as Skin settings, Settings work fine, but an addon I have as a submenu - Backups for example, does nothing when I click on it.
I have checked that the submenu points to the correct addon, and it does.
It seems that all addons created as submenu's "lose" their settings.

Creating a new submenu item seems to work - but having to recreate all the submenu's could cause a problem for people upgrading to a new stable version.

UPDATE 1:
Actually, I've just checked, and the newly created submenus have the same issue Sad

I appreciate this is all fairly vague - are there any logs or debugging files I can send?

(2015-02-03, 14:57)gazzacloud Wrote: I may have spoken too soon - Kodi now seems to be crashing fairly regularly.

It's hard to pinpoint, but now, the Tune-In submenu loads a blank menu screen, and none of submenus in my Favourites menu works either.

What's even stranger is that the "Edit menu shortcuts" button in the Configure shortcuts can be clicked on - but nothing happens.

I appreciate this is all fairly vague - are there any logs or debugging files I can send?

Check (or send me) your kodi.log file

Hi Marcel,

Here are the last few logs

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/77hxkk9uurt68g6/AAD0bmQtURWrRdCaycgA-hNGa?dl=0

(2015-02-03, 15:18)gazzacloud Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Here are the last few logs

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/77hxkk9uurt68g6/AAD0bmQtURWrRdCaycgA-hNGa?dl=0

I think I found out what's wrong... Please latest update of the skin, version 3.2.48
After install the update please restart kodi to prevent any "hanging stuff" in the background

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-02-04

Hi Marcel,

I'll have a look tomorrow and update you.
I had to revert to a backup, so I'll be playing around a fair bit with the override settings etc Should give it a good test Smile
Cheers

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-02-04

Hi Marcel,

Well I've had a chance to play around with it for a couple of hours, and it looks and works great! I've not had a single crash, whereas yesterday - as you are aware, I had very many. All the menu overrides are working as expected again.

I notice there are a few nice touches and changes - the weather icon is placed better, and I love the way that the widgets push over to the right as the submenu opens on the vertical menu.

In my view, the skin (for me at least) is 95% perfect. Almost exactly the way I want it. Great job!

Now if only I could get the weather conditional fanart to work. I'll put this in feature requests.

Thank you for your time and patience. It is a skin you should be proud of.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-02-04

Hi Marcel,

A bug and a request in latest beta :

Bug : TV Shows 'Recently Added Episodes' shows Movie fanart

Request : Can you scroll the info on the Spotlight Panel pls? It's only partial otherwise.

Thx

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - stueeey - 2015-02-04

@marcelveldt,

not sure if this has been previously reported? apologies if so... it's been present for me within the last few repo beta pushes, so thought I'd report in...

running mac os Beta 3.2.49

>Skin Settings >Appearance > Focus color for buttons in the skin

when changed to (for example) green the highlighted rows turn green, but when exiting out of the settings menu the green turns back to the default blue (ie. setting is not retained)

I am presuming that this setting also enables the Home Screen submenu buttons to change color? (impossible for me to determine as the setting is not retained)

running mac os Beta 3.2.49

I'm also having an issue with my MB library images caching across Kodi profiles, I have 2 users setup within MB with separate folder sections and 2 different Kodi profiles both setup separately... I have thumb tiles appearing across profiles within Kodi. is there a fix for this? (apologise in advance if this is a MB XBMB3C query)

new to Titan, so still finding my feet, loving it so far! thanks for the obvious hard work!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-04

(2015-02-04, 12:05)mombasa123 Wrote: Hi Marcel,

A bug and a request in latest beta :

Bug : TV Shows 'Recently Added Episodes' shows Movie fanart

Request : Can you scroll the info on the Spotlight Panel pls? It's only partial otherwise.

Thx

Bug: fixed the issue with the recent episodes,
Request: done, all textpanels in the skin should now scroll, with a 8 seconds delay

will provide new beta in a few hours with the fixes

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-04

(2015-02-04, 15:31)stueeey Wrote: @marcelveldt,

when changed to (for example) green the highlighted rows turn green, but when exiting out of the settings menu the green turns back to the default blue (ie. setting is not retained)

I'm also having an issue with my MB library images caching across Kodi profiles, I have 2 users setup within MB with separate folder sections and 2 different Kodi profiles both setup separately... I have thumb tiles appearing across profiles within Kodi. is there a fix for this? (apologise in advance if this is a MB XBMB3C query)

Thanks for the feedback!

1) Fixed the issue with the button focus color. It was a small typo in my code. Fix is available within next beta update.
2) Altough I also participate in the development of the mediabrowser (xbmb3c) addon it's better to report any requests/issues about that in the mediabrowser forums for better responses. The profile switching is something that is not 100% developed, we're currently working on getting this better supported. Problem lies in the fact that the addon caches really a lot of info in the background. When the kodi user is switched, it takes a while before the background cache is refreshed. Expect some improvements in this area in the next days/weeks because it's definetely on our radar.