Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-09

(2015-02-07, 20:50)musicadi Wrote:
(2015-02-07, 00:28)marcelveldt Wrote: New beta (3.2.52) and stable version now contain the possibility to backup/restore the skin settings. Every setting of the skin will be back upped including the menu settings. It will also allow you to exchange the settings between stable and beta version of the skin and restore to other PC's.

Hi Marcelveldt,

Tried this feature and I got an error. I backed up the settings of the latest beta and tried to restore it with the latest stable release.

The new backup feature is still a work in progress, I already discovered some issues and will provide a new beta version of the skin tonight which will hopefully fix the issues. Offcourse this needs some user testing.

(2015-02-08, 05:19)theredguy Wrote: I just noticed today that the "In progress Episodes" setting for the TV widget is not working. Random and recently added seem to be working fine. This happens to me in both the production and beta version. If I switch to another skin (e.g. Aeon MQ5) it works fine. It is happening to me on two separate machines.

When I choose "In progress Episodes" I just get this screen.

This is an error with the current beta of the skin. The stable release doesn't have this problem.
I will provide a new beta of the skin tonight in which this is fixed.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - theredguy - 2015-02-09

(2015-02-09, 21:41)marcelveldt Wrote: This is an error with the current beta of the skin. The stable release doesn't have this problem.
I will provide a new beta of the skin tonight in which this is fixed.
It was happening to me in stable and beta. But thanks, when the new beta drops I'll give it a whirl.

(2015-02-08, 12:20)gazzacloud Wrote: Hi Marcel,

As mentioned previously, I'm happily messing about with the contextual weather screens Smile
I've found a small bug, but I'm not sure if it's at your end, or the other plugin. If it isn't, I'll get in touch with the other programmer.

If you set the service for weather information to Met Office - when you restart Kodi, you get artifacts on the screen
(see here https://www.dropbox.com/s/fm9zkpecp5vxmh6/artifact.png?dl=0 )
If you go into menu and refresh the weather settings, it starts working ok again.

To be fair, I don't like the Met Office setting, as it doesn't seem to differentiate between night and day, which both Yahoo and Openweathermap do.

Oh, and like a previous poster, I found the skin backup setting doesn't appear to do anything - but I know this is a work in progress. I've learnt to do full backups before I go messing about on the Beta Smile
The Beta is now my default skin, over the stable release so I'm happy to test any changes.

This seems to be a problem with the Met Office addon as I've never seen this behaviour before.
I just installed the MetOffice addon on my own testsystem and it's giving me all kinds of script errors...
Please ask the developer of MetOffice for support, let me know if there needs to be done some work on the skin to support it.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-02-09

Will do Thanks as always

(2015-02-09, 13:19)mombasa123 Wrote: Hi Marcel,

The old issue of Movie Sets not showing fanart when scrolling through is back in both official and beta Sad

Thx

Fixed, will provide new beta update tonight. Thanks for the catch

(2015-02-09, 17:07)jmhenry5150 Wrote: I have tried and tried to get the backup function to work and no go - it just doesn't do anything.

Please make sure that you also have latest version of the helper script installed.
BTW: I discovered a small error in the skin that on Linux systems there won't be a message that the backup/restore was succesfull.
I fixed this but in current stable you won't see the message yet, it just completes without any notice.
You should see the zipfile though that is created by the backup

(2015-02-09, 16:51)Reb313 Wrote: I absolutely love this skin.

I have a few questions:

1. How do I remove the battery icon in the bottom right?
2. is there a way to stop background video playback from the main menu?
3. Would you consider allowing us to add any sort of shortcut to the power menu?
4. When I click "Backup" it doesn't actually appear to backup? Is there something I'm missing?
5. When using the ENHANCED ALL IN ONE HOMESCREEN is there a way to make so that the SUBMENU items show small tiles? I would like to set it up to look sort of like how it does when viewing the Movies and TV Shows section.

My ideal setup would allow a 4x4 or 5x5 tile system with the features of the ENHANCED ALL IN ONE HOMESCREEN. Not sure if that's possible.

Thanks!

1) I will add a setting for that in the skinsettings as it is requested by multiple users.
2) Yes, you can disable the "Now playing background" in the skinsetings to do that.
3) Yes, you can customize the powermenu as you like. Skin settings --> homescreen layout --> customize powermenu
4) See above posts, the backupfeature is still a WIP. It should work though if you have the latest version of the skinhelper on your system, version 1.6.1
5) Not yet, I will add this to my todo list. I'm currently working on some other requests but after that I can add this.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Reb313 - 2015-02-10

(2015-02-09, 22:20)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 16:51)Reb313 Wrote: I absolutely love this skin.

I have a few questions:

1. How do I remove the battery icon in the bottom right?
2. is there a way to stop background video playback from the main menu?
3. Would you consider allowing us to add any sort of shortcut to the power menu?
4. When I click "Backup" it doesn't actually appear to backup? Is there something I'm missing?
5. When using the ENHANCED ALL IN ONE HOMESCREEN is there a way to make so that the SUBMENU items show small tiles? I would like to set it up to look sort of like how it does when viewing the Movies and TV Shows section.

My ideal setup would allow a 4x4 or 5x5 tile system with the features of the ENHANCED ALL IN ONE HOMESCREEN. Not sure if that's possible.

Thanks!

1) I will add a setting for that in the skinsettings as it is requested by multiple users.
2) Yes, you can disable the "Now playing background" in the skinsetings to do that.
3) Yes, you can customize the powermenu as you like. Skin settings --> homescreen layout --> customize powermenu
4) See above posts, the backupfeature is still a WIP. It should work though if you have the latest version of the skinhelper on your system, version 1.6.1
5) Not yet, I will add this to my todo list. I'm currently working on some other requests but after that I can add this.

Awesome thanks.

only thing is #2 I know about, but that just keeps the video at the top and playing in the background. I'm wondering if there is a way to full out STOP the video from the main screen like in other UI's.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-10

(2015-02-10, 00:40)Reb313 Wrote: only thing is #2 I know about, but that just keeps the video at the top and playing in the background. I'm wondering if there is a way to full out STOP the video from the main screen like in other UI's.

Stupid answer maybe, but press the stop button ? ;-)

I think I don't understand your question right. If you disable the now playing background the video will still be playing but you don't see it anymore in the background.
That's the way it works in all skins or am I missing something here ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Morphy99 - 2015-02-10

Hi Marcel
I have a big problem with my kodi crashing when a TV episode is finished playing and is marked as watched. I've pinned it down to "service.library.data.provider" addon:
Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: access_violation
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\AM1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py", line 170, in onPlayBackEnded
                                                self.onPlayBackStopped()
                                              File "C:\Users\AM1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py", line 176, in onPlayBackStopped
                                                self.action('episode')
                                              File "C:\Users\AM1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py", line 116, in _update
                                                LIBRARY._fetch_recommended_episodes()
                                              File "C:\Users\AM1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\library.py", line 240, in _fetch_recommended_episodes
                                                json_query2 = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes", "params": {"tvshowid": %d, "properties": ["title", "playcount", "plot", "season", "episode", "showtitle", "file", "lastplayed", "rating", "resume", "art", "streamdetails", "firstaired", "runtime", "writer", "cast", "dateadded"], "sort": {"method": "episode"}, "filter": {"field": "playcount", "operator": "is", "value": "0"}, "limits": {"end": 1}}, "id": 1}' %item['tvshowid'])
                                            RuntimeError: access_violation
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
22:58:18 T:6200  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false

Is this installed with your skin? If not apologies I will direct my questions elsewhere!

EDIT: Sorry this is windows web server related I see...

(2015-02-10, 01:01)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 00:40)Reb313 Wrote: only thing is #2 I know about, but that just keeps the video at the top and playing in the background. I'm wondering if there is a way to full out STOP the video from the main screen like in other UI's.

Stupid answer maybe, but press the stop button ? ;-)

I think I don't understand your question right. If you disable the now playing background the video will still be playing but you don't see it anymore in the background.
That's the way it works in all skins or am I missing something here ?

I want to have it play in the background, but be able to press a stop key from the main screen like with the default skin.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-10

(2015-02-10, 02:23)Reb313 Wrote: I want to have it play in the background, but be able to press a stop key from the main screen like with the default skin.

Ah, now I get it.. You're not using the skin with a remote but with a mouse or touchscreen and you want to have some playercontrols displayed on home.
This is currently not supported yet but I'd suggest you for the time beiing to enable touch/mouse support in the skinsettings.
That way you'll have a quick back navigation button added at the bottom to go back to the player.

I'll take a look on adding some player controls too within a few days.

(2015-02-10, 02:34)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 02:23)Reb313 Wrote: I want to have it play in the background, but be able to press a stop key from the main screen like with the default skin.

Ah, now I get it.. You're not using the skin with a remote but with a mouse or touchscreen and you want to have some playercontrols displayed on home.
This is currently not supported yet but I'd suggest you for the time beiing to enable touch/mouse support in the skinsettings.
That way you'll have a quick back navigation button added at the bottom to go back to the player.

I'll take a look on adding some player controls too within a few days.

I already enabled that. What did you mean by "That way you'll have a quick back navigation button added at the bottom to go back to the player."

Thanks!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Morphy99 - 2015-02-10

Hi quick bug which I think is related to your skin: Movies widget icons is not showing the black band across bottom with movie title on some movies?

Also I notice some weird trailbacks when browsing in poster row view sometimes. It seems to be for the first few seconds when quickly selecting a movie. To the left of the first poster. And I think it only does it when caching the background fanart.