Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-10

(2015-02-10, 02:58)Reb313 Wrote: I already enabled that. What did you mean by "That way you'll have a quick back navigation button added at the bottom to go back to the player."

Thanks!

Well, there will be a back button to go back to the player...
It's a workaround untill the player controls are added...

(2015-02-10, 03:10)Morphy99 Wrote: Hi quick bug which I think is related to your skin: Movies widget icons is not showing the black band across bottom with movie title on some movies?

Also I notice some weird trailbacks when browsing in poster row view sometimes. It seems to be for the first few seconds when quickly selecting a movie. To the left of the first poster. And I think it only does it when caching the background fanart.

It will only show the black band with movie title if there's no landscape thumb.
The landscape thumb contains the movie title already...

I'm not sure if I understand your second issue correctly. Possible to make a screenshot when it occurs ?
Also please check with latest (todays) beta because I've done some more finishing touches on the background/fanart loading...

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-02-10

Hi Marcel,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not?
I've been happily using the skin on Linux, with the "Enable mouse and touch support" disabled and everything is fine using my mouse and keyboard.

I enabled the setting, and (apart from seeing the Setting and Power icons on the bottom of the vertical menu - I wondered where they had gone!) I find that the right click to go back no longer seems to work. I have to press Backspace or Esc to get back to the vertical menu.

This is on my Weather vertical menu, where I have no widget enabled, so have to click on the menu itself to take me to the weather forecast.

Is this by design?

I have also noticed that when I move over my TV or Movies menus, I get a third icon at the bottom (showing 3 horizontal lines) but if I click on it, nothing happens. What should this do?

Hi Marcel,

Sorry to keep hassling you Smile

I'm not entirely sure if I have changed anything, other than update - but I now keep getting a message when I start Kodi that says " Add-on required. To use this feature you must download an add-on: NetfliXBMC"

I've searched through all the skin screens, but nothing obvious shows that would require Netflix.
I've also searched through the logs to see if I can identify another add-on that requires it, but no luck.

Any ideas?

(2015-02-10, 14:33)gazzacloud Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Sorry to keep hassling you Smile

I'm not entirely sure if I have changed anything, other than update - but I now keep getting a message when I start Kodi that says " Add-on required. To use this feature you must download an add-on: NetfliXBMC"

I've searched through all the skin screens, but nothing obvious shows that would require Netflix.
I've also searched through the logs to see if I can identify another add-on that requires it, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the catch, this is a bug in last night's beta.
Will fix it today and provide new beta.

Cool.
I see you have also created Extended view in weather, which gives Overview, Hourly Forecast and 10 day forecast - at least in OpenweatherMap.
Excellent stuff!!

Hi Marcel,

I have been playing around with the extended view on the weather addons and I've found what I think is a small bug.

I have all 3 weather plugins enabled - OpenWeathermap Extended, Yahoo and Met Office.

It would appear that Yahoo only has an Overview screen, whereas the other 2 have Hourly Forecasts and 10 Day forecasts.

If I switch between open Weather to Met Office, I see all 3 screens available.
However, if I switch from Yahoo to Met Office, the Met Office addon loses the 10 day and hourly forecasts.
If I then go to OpenWeather, and from that to Met Office, they appear again.

Hope that makes sense Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Morphy99 - 2015-02-10

(2015-02-10, 03:26)marcelveldt Wrote: It will only show the black band with movie title if there's no landscape thumb.
The landscape thumb contains the movie title already...

Erm the landscape thumb doesn't display a title its just a still frame taken from the movie not a poster usually? Obviously highlighting it will show the title but maybe you could include the black band with title on all thumbs so we can see at a glance which are the films displayed instead of guessing from a thumb?

(2015-02-10, 03:26)marcelveldt Wrote: I'm not sure if I understand your second issue correctly. Possible to make a screenshot when it occurs ?

Here's a short video of it. It's nothing major just a glitch really.

(2015-02-10, 20:58)gazzacloud Wrote: Hi Marcel,

I have been playing around with the extended view on the weather addons and I've found what I think is a small bug.

I have all 3 weather plugins enabled - OpenWeathermap Extended, Yahoo and Met Office.

It would appear that Yahoo only has an Overview screen, whereas the other 2 have Hourly Forecasts and 10 Day forecasts.

However, if I switch from Yahoo to Met Office, the Met Office addon loses the 10 day and hourly forecasts.

I think you have to return to home first for the switching to work.
If you go to settings from weather and select a different provider the weather window is still loaded and won't switch to the extended view.

BTW: Met Office isn't working at all in my setup, I coded the stuff with OpenWeathermap

(2015-02-10, 12:00)gazzacloud Wrote: Hi Marcel,

I've been happily using the skin on Linux, with the "Enable mouse and touch support" disabled and everything is fine using my mouse and keyboard.

I enabled the setting, and (apart from seeing the Setting and Power icons on the bottom of the vertical menu - I wondered where they had gone!) I find that the right click to go back no longer seems to work. I have to press Backspace or Esc to get back to the vertical menu.

This is on my Weather vertical menu, where I have no widget enabled, so have to click on the menu itself to take me to the weather forecast.

Is this by design?

I have also noticed that when I move over my TV or Movies menus, I get a third icon at the bottom (showing 3 horizontal lines) but if I click on it, nothing happens. What should this do?

I think this is by design. Enabling the touchscreen support in the skin enables other kinds of commands and most important touch commands... So, it's either control it by mouse/touch or keyboard/remote but both will be difficult I guess.

(2015-02-10, 21:02)Morphy99 Wrote: Erm the landscape thumb doesn't display a title its just a still frame taken from the movie not a poster usually? Obviously highlighting it will show the title but maybe you could include the black band with title on all thumbs so we can see at a glance which are the films displayed instead of guessing from a thumb?
Do you by any chance have the skin option enabled "prefer fanart in landscape views" ? This setting is meant to use the fanart thumb instead of the landscape but I think I just discovered a bug that it won't show the title (while it should). Will fix it offcourse, just curious if you have that setting enabled.

About the glitch you saw in the poster row view: I can't reproduce this. So it's either fixed in the work I did today on this section or this is system-related or something. I tried on 2 different machines and it's scroling smooth without that glitch of your video.

(2015-02-10, 22:07)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 12:00)gazzacloud Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Is this by design?

I think this is by design. Enabling the touchscreen support in the skin enables other kinds of commands and most important touch commands... So, it's either control it by mouse/touch or keyboard/remote but both will be difficult I guess.

Hi Marcel,

That's fine. It works absolutely fine as it is - it was just the reference to mouse support that threw me Smile

(2015-02-10, 22:04)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 20:58)gazzacloud Wrote: Hi Marcel,

I think you have to return to home first for the switching to work.
If you go to settings from weather and select a different provider the weather window is still loaded and won't switch to the extended view.

BTW: Met Office isn't working at all in my setup, I coded the stuff with OpenWeathermap

Ah right - I'll have a look at that.
To be fair, Met Office is more trouble than it's worth at the moment so I'm probably going to uninstall it.
I'll keep an eye on it and see if it improves, but OpenweatherMap seems by far the most useful at the moment - and it seems to be updated more often by the developer as well.

Thanks for your time.

Keep up the great work on this skin!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Morphy99 - 2015-02-11

(2015-02-10, 22:13)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 21:02)Morphy99 Wrote: Erm the landscape thumb doesn't display a title its just a still frame taken from the movie not a poster usually? Obviously highlighting it will show the title but maybe you could include the black band with title on all thumbs so we can see at a glance which are the films displayed instead of guessing from a thumb?
Do you by any chance have the skin option enabled "prefer fanart in landscape views" ? This setting is meant to use the fanart thumb instead of the landscape but I think I just discovered a bug that it won't show the title (while it should). Will fix it offcourse, just curious if you have that setting enabled.

About the glitch you saw in the poster row view: I can't reproduce this. So it's either fixed in the work I did today on this section or this is system-related or something. I tried on 2 different machines and it's scroling smooth without that glitch of your video.

Ah yes I did have, I can see where we got confused now! Thanks for fixing it anyway!

Ok it may be a graphics issue as I'm using an AMD soc and I've noticed when its working harder the effect worsens. Its not a big deal though!

Titan MediaBrowser skin - Morphy99 - 2015-02-11

Ok I'm noticing more about this issue when browsing movies in this view now. When scrolling over two movie sets the movie names are overwriting each other. The fanart also isn't being updated as its a set I'm guessing. This may be what is causing that glitch. Image