Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - theredguy - 2015-02-11

(2015-02-09, 21:41)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-08, 05:19)theredguy Wrote: I just noticed today that the "In progress Episodes" setting for the TV widget is not working. Random and recently added seem to be working fine. This happens to me in both the production and beta version. If I switch to another skin (e.g. Aeon MQ5) it works fine. It is happening to me on two separate machines.

When I choose "In progress Episodes" I just get this screen.

This is an error with the current beta of the skin. The stable release doesn't have this problem.
I will provide a new beta of the skin tonight in which this is fixed.
I'm still having this issue in stable, but I can see a new choice in beta: In progress TV shows (in progress episodes is still completely broken). I like the look of this, but I think there is some unexpected behaviour. When I go to one of the shows in "In progress TV shows", at the top it shows "SEXX: Show Name", where XX appears to be the number of episodes I have of that show. I assume maybe that should be showing the episode number of the next unwatched?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-02-11

Marcel, the Movie Set Fanart not showing when scrolling through is still broken in latest beta (.54) I'm afraid Sad

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Reb313 - 2015-02-11

Something I noticed that when using the ENHANCED ALL IN ONE HOMESCREEN:

On TV Shows it displays the tiles correctly, recently watched, showcase movies, etc. But movies is missing the bottom left tile.

Also, in relation to my post I made earlier.

Quote:5. When using the ENHANCED ALL IN ONE HOMESCREEN is there a way to make so that the SUBMENU items show small tiles? I would like to set it up to look sort of like how it does when viewing the Movies and TV Shows section.

So my Live TV category does not have the live tiles like Movies and TV SHOWS does, but it's strange. When I switch from them to other categories for a split second you can see all of the live tiles and it looks awesome, but then it disappears almost immediately.

So it seems like the code is there, but something is disabling it for whatever reason.

Thanks!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - jmhenry5150 - 2015-02-11

Hey Marcell...great stuff in the skin...my 6 boxes at home are enjoying it Smile

1 problem that I am seeing is the backgrounds...here are my tiles:

Movies - New Movies - TV Shows - Weather - Settings - Reboot

Movies: Has been changed to display the file system. The tile is random movies and the background is random fan art
New Movies: New tile that points to new movies only - The tile is random new movies and the background is random fan art

Everything else is standard.

The problem I am seeing is the 2 tiles above do not display their backgrounds very often when selecting them...it defaults to the TV Show background a lot.

Also, my buddy has the exact same setup as me and HIS tiles and backgrounds for Movies and New Movies do not show at all - they are the default ones...weird.

One thing that would be nice if if the background designation mirrored that of the tile designation...does that make sense?

The tile designation screen has all of the selections but the background designation screen does not...it's more simple - and I think they should be the same (if the framework allows it)...

Anyways, thanks for your efforts and if you need more clarification just let me know.

Edit: I am on the latest build (not beta)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Carcharius - 2015-02-11

Marcel,

what filenames (and locations) does the skin look for when loading tv show season posters?

For example, for the tv show Arrow

I have the main folder and below that are folders for each season containing the episode files. Standard setup I believe.
In the main folder (TV/Arrow) I have poster.jpg, season-all-poster.jpg and season01-poster.jpg, season02-poster.jpg etc.
There are no poster files in the season folders themselves.

When going into the show in Titan, using Poster Shift view, all of the seasons are showing the same poster. I'm not sure if it's the poster.jpg or season-all-poster.jpg as they are both the same image.

Should it be displaying the seasonXX-poster.jpg files? Have I got them named wrong (they were downloaded and named by SickBeard)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Tennyten - 2015-02-11

(2015-02-01, 22:24)Tennyten Wrote: Hi Marcel,

In the latest beta date & time seem to be doubled up in the top right osd panel on the homescreen when playing music, just fyi. No other section just homescreen.

Also on Movie view list I noticed movie sets won't assign fanart until you get in the movie set. Is there something I need to switch on for this? It only seems to show the poster for the set even when I assign a fanart bkgrd for the set in the manage settings. Not sure if one photo will be shown here or if this is rotating as well. Thx.

Hi Marcel, fyi still noticing same issues. I do have extra fanart enabled but movie sets still wont assign. Took pics but cant figure out how to upload them. Using 14.1 Helix and latest Beta.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-11

(2015-02-11, 09:08)mombasa123 Wrote: Marcel, the Movie Set Fanart not showing when scrolling through is still broken in latest beta (.54) I'm afraid Sad

Does this only happen when you enable extra fanart ?

I tried to reproduce this but I can't, in case of a Movie Set it shows the fanart correctly in my case.
I tried both with movie sets in the movie titles section and in movie sets section, all show fanart fine.

(2015-02-11, 05:05)theredguy Wrote: I'm still having this issue in stable, but I can see a new choice in beta: In progress TV shows (in progress episodes is still completely broken). I like the look of this, but I think there is some unexpected behaviour. When I go to one of the shows in "In progress TV shows", at the top it shows "SEXX: Show Name", where XX appears to be the number of episodes I have of that show. I assume maybe that should be showing the episode number of the next unwatched?

Are you sure you have any in progress episodes ? So any episodes which are partically watched ?
That's the only way they will show up in the widget "in progress episodes".

I've added "in progress tv shows" as a sort of substitute for "next up episodes" which I know of MediaBrowser.
I couldn't figure out how to create a nextup widget for normal Kodi libaries (probably you can't) so I have added this instead.
This way you can quickly navigate through the tv shows you're watching.

About the Title, you're right, I missed that one. It should display episode title but offcourse it can't because the show itself is displayed in the widget, not the episode. I'll fix that.

(2015-02-11, 16:46)Reb313 Wrote: Something I noticed that when using the ENHANCED ALL IN ONE HOMESCREEN:
On TV Shows it displays the tiles correctly, recently watched, showcase movies, etc. But movies is missing the bottom left tile.
So my Live TV category does not have the live tiles like Movies and TV SHOWS does, but it's strange. When I switch from them to other categories for a split second you can see all of the live tiles and it looks awesome, but then it disappears almost immediately.

Hi,
In enhanced home menu the left column of tiles represents the submenu, the midsection represents the "spotlight" widget and the right column presents the widget that is assigned to the main shortcut (bottom row of the screen is the main menu).

If a section (main tile) doesn't have a widget assigned it will fallback to just a simple submenu with plain text.
It's on my todo list to have for options for this like you requested.

What you can do as a workaround (and it actually is really nice) is just assign a widget to your Live TV section.
In the "edit shortcuts" section of the skin settings you'll be able to change every aspect of the shortcuts that are displayed.
A really cool feature is that you can create widgets for almost every addon around, so for example assign a widget with latest tv shows from your favorite video-addon to the Live TV tile. If you want something more "live tv" related: I'm planning to add a recorded TV widget too within a couple of days.

With the bottom left tile in movies I guess you're referring to the "movie genres" tile ? That one doesn't have a "rotating image" by default but you assign one in the skinsettings-edit shortcuts.

Just look in the skinsettings --> configure shortcuts and see what magic things you can do to personalize the whole screen.
You can add/remove submenu items, assign/create your own widgets etc.!

(2015-02-11, 17:29)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Hey Marcell...great stuff in the skin...my 6 boxes at home are enjoying it Smile

1 problem that I am seeing is the backgrounds...here are my tiles:

Movies - New Movies - TV Shows - Weather - Settings - Reboot

Movies: Has been changed to display the file system. The tile is random movies and the background is random fan art
New Movies: New tile that points to new movies only - The tile is random new movies and the background is random fan art

Everything else is standard.

The problem I am seeing is the 2 tiles above do not display their backgrounds very often when selecting them...it defaults to the TV Show background a lot.

Also, my buddy has the exact same setup as me and HIS tiles and backgrounds for Movies and New Movies do not show at all - they are the default ones...weird.

One thing that would be nice if if the background designation mirrored that of the tile designation...does that make sense?

The tile designation screen has all of the selections but the background designation screen does not...it's more simple - and I think they should be the same (if the framework allows it)...

Anyways, thanks for your efforts and if you need more clarification just let me know.

Edit: I am on the latest build (not beta)

Hi, great to hear that you like the skin and you managed to get it working on your Pi's!

I discovered a small bug in the "skinshortcuts script" a while back; any tile background or image assignment wasn't stored in the settings.
I think that's what's causing your problem.

The thing is that that problem got fixed but the script never was updated on the kodi repo. I contacted someone of the devs yesterday and he just reported me back that the script will be updated today or tomorrow. After that you can assign your images just fine.
If you don't want to wait you can also choose to update the script one time by hand:

1. download this zip: https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts/archive/master.zip

2. in Kodi, goto settings --> addons --> install from zip

3. point to the zip and let it install

4. Now you should be able to select an image for your tiles

I will take a look at your request of adding more options to the backgrounds selection. I think I can make the selection equal as the tile image selection.

(2015-02-11, 21:42)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 05:05)theredguy Wrote: I'm still having this issue in stable, but I can see a new choice in beta: In progress TV shows (in progress episodes is still completely broken). I like the look of this, but I think there is some unexpected behaviour. When I go to one of the shows in "In progress TV shows", at the top it shows "SEXX: Show Name", where XX appears to be the number of episodes I have of that show. I assume maybe that should be showing the episode number of the next unwatched?

Are you sure you have any in progress episodes ? So any episodes which are partically watched ?
That's the only way they will show up in the widget "in progress episodes".

I've added "in progress tv shows" as a sort of substitute for "next up episodes" which I know of MediaBrowser.
I couldn't figure out how to create a nextup widget for normal Kodi libaries (probably you can't) so I have added this instead.
This way you can quickly navigate through the tv shows you're watching.

About the Title, you're right, I missed that one. It should display episode title but offcourse it can't because the show itself is displayed in the widget, not the episode. I'll fix that.

What I'm looking for is "In Progress TV Shows" I guess. I'm not sure what terminology you are using. I have been using it in this skin for a month or two, and in Aeon MQ5 for more than a year before that. It should display the next episode for any shows that I'm currently watching, or the current episode if it was stopped mid way. This was working perfectly fine in Titan Media Browser until a few days ago, then it seemed to have suddenly stopped.

(2015-02-11, 18:02)Carcharius Wrote: Marcel,

what filenames (and locations) does the skin look for when loading tv show season posters?

For example, for the tv show Arrow

I have the main folder and below that are folders for each season containing the episode files. Standard setup I believe.
In the main folder (TV/Arrow) I have poster.jpg, season-all-poster.jpg and season01-poster.jpg, season02-poster.jpg etc.
There are no poster files in the season folders themselves.

When going into the show in Titan, using Poster Shift view, all of the seasons are showing the same poster. I'm not sure if it's the poster.jpg or season-all-poster.jpg as they are both the same image.

Should it be displaying the seasonXX-poster.jpg files? Have I got them named wrong (they were downloaded and named by SickBeard)

As of XBMC release frodo the skins do not load the images theirselves anymore but they use a so called "listitem property" to get the right images. Just placing images in the folder won't be enough, the skin won't even look for them. An exception is the extrafanart as I created some custom logic in my helper script to detect the extrafanart for a movie or tvshow as there's no native listitem support for extrafanart.

I think the only way to fix this if you'd use artwork downloader to download the images for you or assign the correct poster image by hand with the "choose art" option in the contextmenu.

(2015-02-11, 23:09)theredguy Wrote: What I'm looking for is "In Progress TV Shows" I guess. I'm not sure what terminology you are using. I have been using it in this skin for a month or two, and in Aeon MQ5 for more than a year before that. It should display the next episode for any shows that I'm currently watching, or the current episode if it was stopped mid way. This was working perfectly fine in Titan Media Browser until a few days ago, then it seemed to have suddenly stopped.

I switched to another provider for the widgets so I guess it has something to do with that. never knew that the previous behaviour was that intelligent, Always thought it only displayed episodes in progress and no next episodes.

The behaviour you describe is similar in what MediaBrowser knows as "nextup episodes". I will try to add this to native kodi library with a custom playlist file in the skin.

(2015-02-11, 19:22)Tennyten Wrote: Hi Marcel, fyi still noticing same issues. I do have extra fanart enabled but movie sets still wont assign. Took pics but cant figure out how to upload them. Using 14.1 Helix and latest Beta.

Does the problem with movie sets only occur with extra fanart enabled ?

Keep in mind that movie sets do not have extra fanart (rotating), you should just see the fanart picture that is assigned to the movie set.
What can I do to reproduce the issue ?

I tested this myself and it seems to be working fine but maybe I'm looking at it different.
I have some collections (sets) in my movie library, when I scroll over them in the "movie titles" view I get the fanart picture displayed.
Also when I go to the section "movies - sets" I get the fanart picture for the sets in there.

(2015-02-11, 23:26)marcelveldt Wrote: I switched to another provider for the widgets so I guess it has something to do with that. never knew that the previous behaviour was that intelligent, Always thought it only displayed episodes in progress and no next episodes.

The behaviour you describe is similar in what MediaBrowser knows as "nextup episodes". I will try to add this to native kodi library with a custom playlist file in the skin.

Alright sounds like we are on the same page, so that's good Smile

Once I started watching TV shows that way with the widget there was no going back. Way too many clicks any other way!