Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Reb313 - 2015-02-12

mine also won't update to the .55 version.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 17:30)Reb313 Wrote: mine also won't update to the .55 version.

I just re-published the skin to the repo, let's see if that helps.
Please try again within now and an hour or so if it will download.

(2015-02-12, 03:44)Reb313 Wrote: I'm not sure if I am communicating my issue. See the pictures below.

Thanks!

http://postimg.org/image/4go5hat51/full/

http://postimg.org/image/nypp5tc2l/full/

Image 1 --> the submenu only contains 2 entries, you have to add some extra tiles yourself.
Settings --> Skin settings --> configure shortcuts --> edit menu shortcuts
Select movies tile --> press "change submenu"
Add an extra tile: press Add --> select movies --> select an entry you'd like to be displayed, for example "recently added movies"

Image 2--> I suppose you want a widget to be displayed here too. You can set any widget you may like in here.
Again, go to settings --> edit menu shortcuts
Select your pseudoTV shortcut and press "select widget"
Now you can either select from one of the manu predefined widgets in the skin OR you can show the contents of a video-addon in the tile, for example the latest movies from genesis or netflix etc.

(2015-02-12, 16:32)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Well I tried to download and update the script but I'm not sure it took...I couldn't see any differences Sad
Did you try to apply the background again after that ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - jmhenry5150 - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 21:52)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 16:32)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Well I tried to download and update the script but I'm not sure it took...I couldn't see any differences Sad
Did you try to apply the background again after that ?

Yeah, but I couldn't see that the changes stuck...I can wait until another official release - no biggie.

(2015-02-12, 02:31)cculbertson Wrote: Update shows now. Much better, thanks! One other suggestion: would it be possible to sort the list by most recently watched first?

OK, great that it's solved now :-)
Currently it's not yet possible to sort the list based on most recently watched.
The skin uses the addon "service.library.data.provider" for this widget, I can do a feature request for this to the developer of the addon, seems like a valid/wanted option to me too...

EDIT --> already got feedback of the addon dev: It should already do sort the widget to most recently watched first :-)

(2015-02-12, 09:07)mombasa123 Wrote: Yes only when extra fanart is enabled. Disabling it fixes but obviously lose the extra fanart. Sigh.

PS Fanart is fine in Movie sets section regardless of whether extra fansrt is enabled/disabled

One more bugette : Pressing down arrow when on Home Screen bottom panel widget (like Movies, TV Shows) used to bring up Settings Menu panel - v useful. Now it doesn't. Well, it does but it's invisible. If you hit ok it goes into Settings Smile

As reported by other users the fanart for collections issue should be resolved in the 3.2.55 skin version. Can you confirm ?

Pressing down on home should focus the power button and will open powermenu when you hit okay. This is consequent with how it works in other skins including confluence. It was wronf because it opened the powermenu even when you focussed the homemenu. You should see that the powerbutton is focussed though because it changes color.

(2015-02-12, 21:51)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 03:44)Reb313 Wrote: I'm not sure if I am communicating my issue. See the pictures below.

Thanks!

http://postimg.org/image/4go5hat51/full/

http://postimg.org/image/nypp5tc2l/full/

Image 1 --> the submenu only contains 2 entries, you have to add some extra tiles yourself.
Settings --> Skin settings --> configure shortcuts --> edit menu shortcuts
Select movies tile --> press "change submenu"
Add an extra tile: press Add --> select movies --> select an entry you'd like to be displayed, for example "recently added movies"

Image 2--> I suppose you want a widget to be displayed here too. You can set any widget you may like in here.
Again, go to settings --> edit menu shortcuts
Select your pseudoTV shortcut and press "select widget"
Now you can either select from one of the manu predefined widgets in the skin OR you can show the contents of a video-addon in the tile, for example the latest movies from genesis or netflix etc.

Ok I went to Configure Shortcuts, edit menu shortcuts, customize submenu shortcuts,
Then for each submenu item I went to SELECT WIDGET then USE SUBMENU ITEM AS WIDGET.

The only problem is that both sides now show the same widgets when I'd like to set which ones show on each side specifically. Better yet would be to have it show all submenu items as tile widgets without having to scroll through any.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

(2015-02-12, 11:59)Carcharius Wrote: One other quick question - is there a way of, when I go into a tv show, then into the current season that I'm watching, for the selected episode to be the first one that is unwatched (or in progress if I've not finished watching a particular episode)?

I'm sure at one time that used to happen, but I can't remember if it was with Titan or another skin.

Well, I have this exact same feature request too actually. Before using Kodi I was using media center with MBC addon and it has that feature. I was kind of used to it.
It's not possible in Kodi, see also this forum thread for more users requesting it:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=89552

The answer what is proposed it just use the widget on home, the "episodes in progress" widget will do this this for you in Titan, OR set your library to hide watched items.
It's not posible to just open up a show and let it default to the first unwatched/in progress item.

I will take a look if I can create some custom scripting which can do this trick but I think it's not possible.

(2015-02-12, 23:06)Reb313 Wrote: The only problem is that both sides now show the same widgets when I'd like to set which ones show on each side specifically. Better yet would be to have it show all submenu items as tile widgets without having to scroll through any.
I'm sorry, that scenario is currently not supported. On the left is the submenu and on the right the widget.
I've added it to my todo list to take a look at this and have more configuration options for the extended home screen.

For now I'd suggest you to just assign a widget there, that way you will have the submenu tiles on the left and some widget content on the right.
Maybe show the latest movies from netflix there or something ?

You can also choose to use the normal titan homescreen (maybe with the smaller tiles) and just have a bunch of tiles displayed on your homescreen ?

(2015-02-12, 23:13)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 23:06)Reb313 Wrote: The only problem is that both sides now show the same widgets when I'd like to set which ones show on each side specifically. Better yet would be to have it show all submenu items as tile widgets without having to scroll through any.
I'm sorry, that scenario is currently not supported. On the left is the submenu and on the right the widget.
I've added it to my todo list to take a look at this and have more configuration options for the extended home screen.

For now I'd suggest you to just assign a widget there, that way you will have the submenu tiles on the left and some widget content on the right.
Maybe show the latest movies from netflix there or something ?

You can also choose to use the normal titan homescreen (maybe with the smaller tiles) and just have a bunch of tiles displayed on your homescreen ?

I'm not following you on how to make it show submenu tiles on the left and widgets on the right.

Also, any reason why we can't select Program Addons for widgets? It only has video addons and stuff.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - cculbertson - 2015-02-13

(2015-02-12, 22:41)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 02:31)cculbertson Wrote: Update shows now. Much better, thanks! One other suggestion: would it be possible to sort the list by most recently watched first?

OK, great that it's solved now :-)
Currently it's not yet possible to sort the list based on most recently watched.
The skin uses the addon "service.library.data.provider" for this widget, I can do a feature request for this to the developer of the addon, seems like a valid/wanted option to me too...

EDIT --> already got feedback of the addon dev: It should already do sort the widget to most recently watched first :-)

Well what do you know, it does! Smile I'm guessing that the plugin caches the information somewhere since the list didn't start sorted at first. After catching up on a few shows things look to be falling into place. Thanks again for all of your work!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-02-13

(2015-02-12, 21:41)marcelveldt Wrote:

Hi Marcel,

Well, 31/2 hours later and still no sign of .54 or .55.
Is there any way I can force the download?
If I removed the Beta and reinstalled, then restored a skin backup, would that work?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-13

(2015-02-13, 01:06)gazzacloud Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 21:41)marcelveldt Wrote:

Hi Marcel,

If I removed the Beta and reinstalled, then restored a skin backup, would that work?

No that wouldn't help. Looks like you're behind some proxy cache or something. Does a force refresh also not help on the mediabrowser beta repo?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-02-13

(2015-02-13, 02:50)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 01:06)gazzacloud Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 21:41)marcelveldt Wrote: I just re-published the skin to the repo, let's see if that helps.

Hi Marcel,

No that wouldn't help. Looks like you're behind some proxy cache or something. Does a force refresh also not help on the mediabrowser beta repo?

Hi Marcel,

14 hours and still no sign of an update. I'm fairly sure something is broken at my end - just not sure what Sad
I don't use a proxy, and the Beta's have always downloaded fine before (albeit a few hours later - but as you mentioned, I put that down to regional updates).

I've never used the Mediabrowser repo, but I'll install it and update you on the outcome.

UPDATE:
Well that was strange.
I downloaded the Mediabrowser Beta, and the second I clicked on the zip file to install ... the Titan skin updated!!
Does that make any sense? I'm sure it wasn't coincidence Smile