Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Carcharius - 2015-02-19

(2015-02-13, 21:39)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 11:59)Carcharius Wrote: One other quick question - is there a way of, when I go into a tv show, then into the current season that I'm watching, for the selected episode to be the first one that is unwatched (or in progress if I've not finished watching a particular episode)?

I'm sure at one time that used to happen, but I can't remember if it was with Titan or another skin.

Good news, I managed to create some custom scripting and got this working. I've added an option to skinsettings to auto focus the first unwatched item in a tv show list. It's kind of a workaround (as it isn't native supported by kodi) but it works :-)

Available in next beta
Marcel, you might be interested to know that I've just submitted PR 6489 which adds support for automatically selecting the first unwatched season/episode.

No idea at this stage if it will be accepted but wanted to give you a heads up in case you might need to undo the change that you made.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-19

(2015-02-19, 13:27)Carcharius Wrote: Marcel, you might be interested to know that I've just submitted PR 6489 which adds support for automatically selecting the first unwatched season/episode.
No idea at this stage if it will be accepted but wanted to give you a heads up in case you might need to undo the change that you made.

Great stuff! If this makes it into Kodi I can remove my workaround from the skin.

(2015-02-17, 19:15)jmhenry5150 Wrote: This shows the unwatched status icon? Interesting...
But I like the unwatched number on the posters Sad

It shows the progress and item counts on the posters, or at least if you enable the setting it will hide them.
So, do not enable the setting in your case ;-)

(2015-02-18, 14:04)ludogiuly Wrote: Hi Marcel! I noticed that on big list view on the tv shows section, the picture doesn't match the season but the TV show's picture instead. So either i browse season 1 or 2, i get the same picture. Would it be possible to fix that?

It will use the Tv show poster as a fallback if the season poster is not provided by Kodi.
You can fix that yourself by assigning the correct season poster either with artwork downloader or by hand:
press menu on a season item to open the contextmenu, press "choose art" and select the correct image.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Tim8 - 2015-02-19

Hey, just wanted to report something weird. Haven't used Kodi in a few days, booted up today and the beta skin tried to update (I think?) but instead deleted it's self. re-downloaded and installed, everything seems to be as it was. I'm still on 14.0, maybe that's why?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-02-19

(2015-02-19, 00:18)gazzacloud Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Just got the new Beta.
Not had chance to look around it yet, but the "number of seconds" to show fanart has broken the display. Whatever number you choose, the display only changes around every 20 seconds (counting in my head lol).

UPDATE:
Having had a little more time to check, it is the main menu where the background change is over 20 seconds, regardless of the setting.
However - if you move onto one of the submenus, then the background changes to whatever the setting is set for.
Hope that helps

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - d0wnl0rd - 2015-02-19

(2015-02-19, 14:37)Tim8 Wrote: Hey, just wanted to report something weird. Haven't used Kodi in a few days, booted up today and the beta skin tried to update (I think?) but instead deleted it's self. re-downloaded and installed, everything seems to be as it was. I'm still on 14.0, maybe that's why?

Thats afaik a phenomenon that appears if anything goes wrong during the critical update phase. That beast is not limited to 14.0 but raises it's ugly head now and then under 14.1 and 14.2. Does not help I know Blush

(2015-02-18, 17:10)Etharr Wrote: I have to report some bugs:
- missing localisation view label in context menu
- inconsistent colors of metadata labels in media views (pvr vs video)
- issue with focuscolor white and buttons

missing localisation view label in context menu
fixed but for now only the label "view:" is added to the skins translation, not the viewnames itself. Is that a problem ? BTW: it can take a while before the new label actually gets translated on transifex.

inconsistent colors of metadata labels in media views (pvr vs video)
fixed - pvr view is now consistent with media views.

issue with focuscolor white and buttons
fixed - i changed the default button coor to some greyish color.

Thanks for the feedback, the fixes will be available in next beta.

(2015-02-18, 18:39)taurus35 Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Just noticed a graphics issue on the beta skin. The diagonal banner for viewed & percentage watched doesn't have a round corner to match the poster when in "Classic" mode as inmage below.

Also I have noticed that the afore mentioned banners are different in the stable version (round) to the beta version (triangle). Personally I prefer the triangle corner banner to the round version. Perhaps there could be an option of some are preferring one or the other.

On TV shows the corner icon is still showing blank on "All Seasons" when all seasons are watched, it should either have an eye in it (my preference) as the seasons or not be there at all.

Thanks for the feedback. Changed the watched indicator to the rounded corner in classic theme.
You're right that the watched indicator is now the triangle, it's the same as in the default theme now which makes the skin's code a lot more optimized/organized.

The problem with the watched indicator not showing for "all seasons" is fixed too.

fixes will be available in next beta

(2015-02-18, 19:36)jpc0480 Wrote: I love this skin (currently an Amber user) and I have a couple requests before my wife will let me switch to this one Wink I'm currently using the enhanced all-in-one homescreen.

On TV shows, it would be nice if there was a "recommended" instead of "recently added". Amber has this feature and this is one of the reasons my wife won't let me switch yet to Titan. In Amber this displays the next episode in the "in progress TV shows" and with one-click you can go right into the episode, without having to browse through your shows, right from the homescreen. I thought I remember reading a post here about this in the past for Titan, but could not find this in the settings. If it is there can you point me in the right direction so I can set this up.

This is the same for Movies. There is a "Recommended" setting which lists the movies that are in-progress that have not yet been finished on the home screen.

One other thing I noticed was "Spotlight". If I focus the window on Spotlight and click enter, nothing happens? I would expect it to go to the TV/Movie? Am I missing something or is this not the case?

Either way great skin and I hope you can add the "recommended" to the widget or create the option in the skin settings to change this around.

This feature is already in the skin...

If you have focused the widget, move up and you'll notice that the title above the widget is actually a button.
Just press that one to change the content of the widget.

For TV Shows, set the widget to "in progress episodes" and it will do exactly what you want.
Same thing for the movies widget.

fixed the problem with the spotlight widget, thanks for reporting.
Fix is available in next beta of the skin (and so will soon be in the stable)

(2015-02-19, 15:39)gazzacloud Wrote: UPDATE:
Having had a little more time to check, it is the main menu where the background change is over 20 seconds, regardless of the setting.
However - if you move onto one of the submenus, then the background changes to whatever the setting is set for.
Hope that helps

the rotating backgrounds for the home menu is set to 60 seconds by default. This is done by an external script.
The setting you're talking about is the delay for any extrafanart in the media views.

There's no setting to set the rotating speed of images on the tiles and background son home, it's currently just set to 1 minute for the sane of performance.

(2015-02-19, 20:36)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 15:39)gazzacloud Wrote: UPDATE:
Hope that helps

the rotating backgrounds for the home menu is set to 60 seconds by default. This is done by an external script.
The setting you're talking about is the delay for any extrafanart in the media views.

There's no setting to set the rotating speed of images on the tiles and background son home, it's currently just set to 1 minute for the sane of performance.

Hmmm Odd
I'm absolutely certain the main menu backgrounds were changing about every 8 seconds on versions previous to this. That's why I thought it was broken. I used to leave my cursor on my Weather main menu or my Favorites main menu (which are both set up with multiple images) and have the backgrounds change,

And to confirm - the main backgrounds are currently changing about every 22 seconds - most certainly not a minute, so i'm not sure where it's picking the timings from Smile

(2015-02-19, 20:53)gazzacloud Wrote: Hmmm Odd
I'm absolutely certain the main menu backgrounds were changing about every 8 seconds on versions previous to this. That's why I thought it was broken. I used to leave my cursor on my Weather main menu or my Favorites main menu (which are both set up with multiple images) and have the backgrounds change,

And to confirm - the main backgrounds are currently changing about every 22 seconds - most certainly not a minute, so i'm not sure where it's picking the timings from Smile

Oops, you're right.. I checked the code again and when you set a image path as background (so multiple images) it will use the extra fanart delay-setting....

You can try to change it to 7 seconds and see what happens ?

(2015-02-19, 22:30)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 20:53)gazzacloud Wrote: Hmmm Odd

Oops, you're right.. I checked the code again and when you set a image path as background (so multiple images) it will use the extra fanart delay-setting....

You can try to change it to 7 seconds and see what happens ?

Hi Marcel,

I'm not sure how I do that - the only options are (in seconds) 6, 8,10, 15 and 20

Also, does this mean you will change the code to only have the main menus change every minute? I've got used to the shorter period, and actually prefer it so (as mentioned previously) I can scroll through my backgrounds while I'm doing other stuff Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - smreid - 2015-02-19

(2015-02-19, 19:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 19:36)jpc0480 Wrote: I love this skin (currently an Amber user) and I have a couple requests before my wife will let me switch to this one Wink I'm currently using the enhanced all-in-one homescreen.

On TV shows, it would be nice if there was a "recommended" instead of "recently added". Amber has this feature and this is one of the reasons my wife won't let me switch yet to Titan. In Amber this displays the next episode in the "in progress TV shows" and with one-click you can go right into the episode, without having to browse through your shows, right from the homescreen. I thought I remember reading a post here about this in the past for Titan, but could not find this in the settings. If it is there can you point me in the right direction so I can set this up.

This is the same for Movies. There is a "Recommended" setting which lists the movies that are in-progress that have not yet been finished on the home screen.

One other thing I noticed was "Spotlight". If I focus the window on Spotlight and click enter, nothing happens? I would expect it to go to the TV/Movie? Am I missing something or is this not the case?

Either way great skin and I hope you can add the "recommended" to the widget or create the option in the skin settings to change this around.

This feature is already in the skin...

If you have focused the widget, move up and you'll notice that the title above the widget is actually a button.
Just press that one to change the content of the widget.

For TV Shows, set the widget to "in progress episodes" and it will do exactly what you want.
Same thing for the movies widget.

fixed the problem with the spotlight widget, thanks for reporting.
Fix is available in next beta of the skin (and so will soon be in the stable)

Hi, I have been using this skin since I moved to Kodi 14 and absolutely love it. I had been using this in progress episodes widget that was showing the next un watched episode of each series. However, for some reason it recently changed and started showing only episodes that were in progress / part watched. Now I have finished watching all part watched episodes it shows nothing at all, even though I have several series that are in progress. Any ideas how I can get this back?

Thanks