Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-02-27

(2015-02-27, 19:21)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 19:14)gazzacloud Wrote: No, I've been using the vertical menus for a couple of weeks now.
Yes, you are correct - if I hover over the main menu, I get the multiple images I've assigned, but as soon as I click on a submenu, it pulls fanart from the TV folders (I thought it was movies as well, but I was wrong). I've noticed that it is pulling the background from whatever the current TV Show menu background is.

What it used to do until yesterday was continue with the multi image slideshow - unless (in the example of Tunein) it finds band/artist fanart - which it then uses.
If there is no band/artist fanart, it used to default back to the multi images I'd assigned.
I'm pretty certain I hadn't changed anything, because I'd got it working just right Smile

If you want your section background to be displayed instead of the fanart from the selected movie/show in the library just disable fanart in the settings then you'll be fine.

Nope. If I do that, then I get the same TV art for every menu (except Weather and Movies)
In fact, The Movie main menu background doesn't change at all (which it used to). It is now stuck on a Wall-E background (which I assume is a standard background). So it isn't even taking the settings from the Global Background settings - which is set to "Use random fanart bacground" together with "Enable section based backgrounds"
Something is definitely screwed up Sad

Update: I was right the first time - the submenus are now showing movie fanart - but I don't know what I did to make it change from TV to movie lol

Update: Even the weather backgrounds are now showing TV/Movie fanart, wheras before, the multiple wather images where working flawlessy Sad
The problem is I've been making so many changes to get things working again, I've just got myself confused now lol

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Reb313 - 2015-02-27

Is the backup feature working yet?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-27

(2015-02-27, 20:05)Reb313 Wrote: Is the backup feature working yet?

Yes, the backup function should be working for a couple of weeks already...

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Reb313 - 2015-02-27

(2015-02-27, 20:25)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 20:05)Reb313 Wrote: Is the backup feature working yet?

Yes, the backup function should be working for a couple of weeks already...

got it thanks!

Hmmmm Curiouser and curiouser.
For the first time in months, I've reverted to the Titan stable skin.
It is most definitely not pulling artwork from the TV or movie folders, but it is not rotating the images - it is pulling the image from the image set for the menu immediately above it. If I change the image on the menu above, then the background of the submenu in the main menu below changes - but doesn't rotate - which it does on the main menu.
If I turn off fanart, then it reverts to the image of the menu below it - which in this case happens to be weather Smile
It;s almost as if the menus are cross linked somehow.
Does that make sense?
Incidentally, both the stable and the Beta seem to be the same version

It must be something to do with multiple images - I've changed a menu further down my list to multiple images, and the same thing happens - as soon as you click on a submenu, you get the background from the menu above it.

(2015-02-27, 21:10)gazzacloud Wrote: Hmmmm Curiouser and curiouser.
It is most definitely not pulling artwork from the TV or movie folders, but it is not rotating the images - it is pulling the image from the image set for the menu immediately above it. If I change the image on the menu above, then the background of the submenu in the main menu below changes - but doesn't rotate - which it does on the main menu.
If I turn off fanart, then it reverts to the image of the menu below it - which in this case happens to be weather Smile
Does that make sense?

It must be something to do with multiple images - I've changed a menu further down my list to multiple images, and the same thing happens - as soon as you click on a submenu, you get the background from the menu above it.

Could you please make a screenshot of this, maybe marked with some comment to explain it more ?

EDIT: I think I've reproduced the issue now... Seems that it only occurs to the vertical home layout...
I'll let you know if I find something...

(2015-02-27, 21:12)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 21:10)gazzacloud Wrote: Hmmmm Curiouser and curiouser.
Does that make sense?

Could you please make a screenshot of this, maybe marked with some comment to explain it more ?

EDIT: I think I've reproduced the issue now... Seems that it only occurs to the vertical home layout...
I'll let you know if I find something...

At least I now know I'm not going mad Smile
As always - thank you for your time and patience

(2015-02-27, 21:21)gazzacloud Wrote: At least I now know I'm not going mad Smile
As always - thank you for your time and patience

OK, I have fixed the issue. The code for the background building is a bit complex because of my recent speed changes so there was a small typo in there that I missed.
I will provide a new beta version of the skin within a few hours!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Skribbler1 - 2015-02-27

Thank you very much marcelveldt for the adjustments you made.

Just uploaded new beta version of the skin (3.2.67) to the beta repo. Contains all fixes as discussed here on the forums. Also added some requests like the 3 rows of tiles option.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Skribbler1 - 2015-02-27

Waaa it's not updating! I have forced refreshed the repo, uninstalled.., and nothing! I wanna cry lol.

But seriously, this is an amazing and dynamic skin. You have truly created a masterpiece. Thank you for your hard work.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-28

(2015-02-27, 23:49)Skribbler1 Wrote: Waaa it's not updating! I have forced refreshed the repo, uninstalled.., and nothing! I wanna cry lol.

But seriously, this is an amazing and dynamic skin. You have truly created a masterpiece. Thank you for your hard work.

Just wait a bit... It can take up to several hours before the repo is synced...

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Kblev - 2015-02-28

(2015-02-27, 15:54)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 15:21)Kblev Wrote: Gazzacloud,
Thanks for leading me in the right direction. I didn't see a zoom option, but along the way I found video options and it was on windowed. I switched it to full screen #1 and it fixed it. Those are the only two options.
Thanks

Pressing the backslash \ key on your keyboard would toggle between fullscreen...

Thanks, that does work. I tested it. Changes from a window to full screen.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Kblev - 2015-02-28

Now on to something else.
My basement HTPC is set up nice so I thought I would set up my Family Room computer the same. A few things that I can't get the same even though I have the same things enabled or disenabled.
1. Main menu is one row and when you hover the poiter over an icon it shoots out a submenu to the side. Can't do that in family room. Don't even know how I got it to do that.
2. I like the music player, plus the slideshow. Can't do that on my other set up.
3. Movie library is great, dvd covers, posters in the background. The other one, not even dvd covers. I think I loaded my movies off of my NAS the same way. I'm thinking they are not in the library. How to do that?
that's enough for now, if anyone is bored enough to help me out I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Ken