Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

Titan MediaBrowser skin - stueeey - 2015-03-22

(2015-03-22, 14:57)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-03-22, 14:32)stueeey Wrote: .72 volume graphic update looks great Marcel! thank you...

I'm experiencing 'a server connection' notification issue when connecting this only seems to occur with 2nd profile. Server auto detects correctly... but seems to timeout... the Thumbs don't load and remain denoted as Fanart with text description. Only way I can temporarily resolve it is to reset the MB addon to default, but thumbs still load really slow and I still get the server connection messge... Note: this was also occurring with .71... The MB addon hasn't been updated for a while so have presumed it is a skin issue... anything you can suggest to resolve?

Try restarting your mediabrowser server, looks like that's in error...

Have restarted everything, MB server, Kodi, macmini router and the problem still persists with both profiles now (weird).

messages I get in Kodi/Titan are...

1. Unable to connect to sever [Errno 65] No route to host

2. Unable to connect to sever - times out

3. Unable to connect to sever [Errno 64] Host is down

running Mac OS server beta 3.05518.7 (latest beta not uploaded for Mac yet)

addon 0.9.824
Titan Beta 3.2.72
Kodi 14.1

both kodi & MB Server are on the same PC (Macmini)

I removed and reinstalled the Mediabrowser addon. no joy.

unless u have any other ideas marcel?... next step complete re-install... that's the beauty of Kodi MB, u don't loose much Smile

thanks for ur help

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - d0wnl0rd - 2015-03-23

Does anyone else also faces the issue that changes to the menu are not applied? If I finish my actions (e.g. deleting an entry) by clicking 'close' then the changes are not saved (no rebuild message from skinshortcuts, when reentering the menu editor the original entries are still there).

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-03-23

(2015-03-21, 18:20)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-03-20, 07:00)mombasa123 Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 15:57)mombasa123 Wrote: Think I found a bug in latest Beta. The Movies Spotlight widget simply cycles through the movies alphabetically instead of random selection. Also resets to the first movie when switching back and forth between Movies and TV Shows etc.

Hi Marcel - is there a fix for this?

Thx

I think you've set custom content to the spotlight widget.... The widget will display whatever content you've set.
If you want something to be appearing in random order you have to assign content in random order.
For example create a smart playlist with any content, set it to display items random and attach that to the spotlight widget.

By default the movies section will display random movies in the spotlight widget

Hi,

I have indeed assigned the Spotlight widget to Movies->All Movies. Is there any way of getting that to do random display instead of setting a play list?

Yes, when i switch back to official, it displays random movies. Any way of unassigning the Spotligh widget and getting the default back? I tried resetting all shortcuts but that didnt do the trick Sad

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-03-23

(2015-03-23, 11:00)d0wnl0rd Wrote: Does anyone else also faces the issue that changes to the menu are not applied? If I finish my actions (e.g. deleting an entry) by clicking 'close' then the changes are not saved (no rebuild message from skinshortcuts, when reentering the menu editor the original entries are still there).

This was a bug in the skin... That close button was more like a cancel button ;-)
If you use back instead it will work fine.

I've fixed it and is availabel in next beta

(2015-03-22, 11:10)d0wnl0rd Wrote: Since .72 the library data provider component is throwing an exception:

It tries to load in progress episodes while you currenbtly had/have no in progress episodes.
When I have some spare time I'll submit this issue to the author of the library-data-provider script of do a PR myself.

(2015-03-22, 03:24)pünktchen Wrote: Thanks for the update Marcel!

I've found some small glitches here:
For audio- and videosettings osd, the header and background is doubled. The background is also doubled for the favourites dialog. (Btw.any progress for thumbs for favourites?)
I cannot reach the profiles button in extended home screen.

1) The header was in fact doubled, never noticed that,thanks. The background is doubled by design to get a border around the dialog.
2) I've restyled the favourites dialog today. Default will be a list (with thumb to the side) and in skinsettings you can anable a thumbs-based version of the dialog.
3) Nice catch, fixed that you couldn't access the profiles button from ehanced home.

Fixes available in next beta (somewhere tonight)

(2015-03-22, 21:15)stueeey Wrote: Have restarted everything, MB server, Kodi, macmini router and the problem still persists with both profiles now (weird).

Hmm, your connection with MB server seems to be lost. This is definitely not a skin issue but related to the MB3 addon. Maybe your connection info in the settings is wrong? Maybe try to put in the IP-adress instead of the dns name, sometimes that will help.
If you keep having problems with it, please post on the MediaBrowser forums as you'll get better support there for this issue.

BTW: At the MediaBrowser team we're working on the succeeder of that Kodi addon which synchronizes your MB3 server to Kodi. Beta will soon be available and it's becoming really great.

(2015-03-23, 13:30)mombasa123 Wrote: Yes, when i switch back to official, it displays random movies. Any way of unassigning the Spotligh widget and getting the default back? I tried resetting all shortcuts but that didnt do the trick Sad

I've added some extra choices for the spotlight widhet assignment, including the recommended and random movies (which it has by default).
Available in next skin update (later tonight)

Titan MediaBrowser skin - stueeey - 2015-03-23

(2015-03-23, 22:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-03-22, 21:15)stueeey Wrote: Have restarted everything, MB server, Kodi, macmini router and the problem still persists with both profiles now (weird).

Hmm, your connection with MB server seems to be lost. This is definitely not a skin issue but related to the MB3 addon. Maybe your connection info in the settings is wrong? Maybe try to put in the IP-adress instead of the dns name, sometimes that will help.
If you keep having problems with it, please post on the MediaBrowser forums as you'll get better support there for this issue.

BTW: At the MediaBrowser team we're working on the succeeder of that Kodi addon which synchronizes your MB3 server to Kodi. Beta will soon be available and it's becoming really great.

thanks for the direction Marcel... FYI: everything now seems to be back working, but only once I was asked for my user password. not sure if there is a way to force password requests?

regarding the corruption cause (I may be wrong)... however the only thing that comes to mind was trying to update the MB server from beta 3.05518.7 to beta 3.0.5557... only to discover it's not available for MacOS yet. not sure if installing the same app over the old would create problems, but like you say not an issue for this arena.

looking fwd to the addon successor! sounds like great work is going on over there!

AW: RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-03-24

(2015-03-23, 22:13)marcelveldt Wrote: [quote='pünktchen' pid='1961834' dateline='1426987465']
1) The header was in fact doubled, never noticed that,thanks. The background is doubled by design to get a border around the dialog.
Didn't ever noticed the doubled background before. Maybe my couch is too far away from the TV or i need a biger screen Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-03-24

(2015-03-24, 00:18)pünktchen Wrote:
(2015-03-23, 22:13)marcelveldt Wrote: [quote='pünktchen' pid='1961834' dateline='1426987465']
Didn't ever noticed the doubled background before. Maybe my couch is too far away from the TV or i need a biger screen Smile

haha, yeah I know that feeling. I'm trying to convince the wife that we need a bigger (better) TV but she wouldn't listen ;-)

NEW BETA VERSION OF THE SKIN --> VERSION 3.2.73

- several small fixes as discussed in the forums
- redesign of favourites dialog
- extra skinoption to have a thumnail-oriented favourites screen
- added some more widgets including PVR widgets

And.. a long-awaited, many times requested cool NEW FEATURE:

This release supports so called "smart shortcuts" which will enable to create shortcuts (tiles) to certain components in the system and automatically get the tile image and background from that section.

So, for example you have created a playlist called "Kids Movies" with some cartoons for the kids. You can now go to the skin settings --> edit shortcuts -->Add --> The top most node would present "smart shortcuts" which included all shortcuts with the new feature. Your playlist will be presented here, just add it and go back to home. The tile for your "kids movies" will now display images only from the kids cartoons.

This feature works with:

- any video smart-playlist
- any video addon subdirectory which contains fanart which is added to your favourites.

A background monitoring service will keep track of any newly added playlists or favorites and will add compatible entries to the shortcuts selector.

Give it and try and let me know!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - stueeey - 2015-03-24

(2015-03-24, 01:41)marcelveldt Wrote: NEW BETA VERSION OF THE SKIN --> VERSION 3.2.73

- several small fixes as discussed in the forums
- redesign of favourites dialog
- extra skinoption to have a thumnail-oriented favourites screen
- added some more widgets including PVR widgets

And.. a long-awaited, many times requested cool NEW FEATURE:

This release supports so called "smart shortcuts" which will enable to create shortcuts (tiles) to certain components in the system and get automatic the tile image and background from section.

So, for example you have created a playlist called "Kids Movies" with some cartoons for the kids. You can now go to the skin settings --> edit shortcuts --> The top most node would present "smart shortcuts" which included all shortcuts with the new feature. Your playlist will be presented here, just add it and go back to home. The tile for your "kids movies" will now display images only from the kids cartoons.

This feature works with:

- any video smart-playlist
- any video addon subdirectory which contains fanart which is added to your favourites.

A background monitoring service will keep track of any newly added playlists or favorites and will add compatible entries to the shortcuts selector.

Give it and try and let me know!

I'm experiencing issues installing the 3.2.73 beta update Marcel, it appears to download 100% then does nothing. Update available remains, no install takes place. Have checked there is nothing stuck in the 'packages' folder. Am I to eager Wink to download update or is there an issue with the uploaded file?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - taurus35 - 2015-03-24

(2015-03-24, 02:39)stueeey Wrote: I'm experiencing issues installing the 3.2.73 beta update Marcel, it appears to download 100% then does nothing. Update available remains, no install takes place. Have checked there is nothing stuck in the 'packages' folder. Am I to eager Wink to download update or is there an issue with the uploaded file?

I am getting the same issue, downloads to 100%, then reverts back to update available.

(2015-03-24, 09:56)taurus35 Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 02:39)stueeey Wrote: I'm experiencing issues installing the 3.2.73 beta update Marcel, it appears to download 100% then does nothing. Update available remains, no install takes place. Have checked there is nothing stuck in the 'packages' folder. Am I to eager Wink to download update or is there an issue with the uploaded file?

I am getting the same issue, downloads to 100%, then reverts back to update available.

I've re-pushed the update to the repo. Please try if the problem is fixed.