Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - cereyanli - 2014-09-15

Hello,

while I was trying to dump log files I left the xbmc open with the skin activated 30-45 min alone.
It seem what ever it was doing in the background finished. Now changes are smooth and no HDD activity,

It is strange but it works now.

(2014-09-12, 09:50)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-09-12, 09:31)timtim78 Wrote: Hello First many thanks for the skin it is nice.
But when i select for tile " use random fan art" the default image stays nothing changes.
If i set random fan art as skin background all is black.
I tried it in gotham and now in helix.
Let art down loader run again but nothing fanart works with all other skin i use.
I do have that sluggish feel to it looks there is a slow transition on it.

I have Amd fx6350 and ssd and gt240
Skin version 2.0.8

Hi, can you provide me these details:
- what version of the skin you use
- are you using regular libraries or mediabrowser/netflix ?
- on what tile did you try to set the image to artwork ?

transitions should be smooth, no delays or whatever.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-15

(2014-09-14, 23:07)Hitcher Wrote: You should make the running of Artwork Downloader optional because I just tried this skin today and it's gone and messed up loads of my posters and fanart! Sad

Yes I'll do that as soon as possible. I did the artwork download because the skin uses landscape thumbs but considering the feedback that isn't always wanted.
Strange thing that the artwork downloader script messed up your existing posters and fanart!

I'll put new version online with the script disabled for now and after that I can implement an optional way to download the artwork for all items.

(2014-09-15, 08:57)cereyanli Wrote: Hello,

while I was trying to dump log files I left the xbmc open with the skin activated 30-45 min alone.
It seem what ever it was doing in the background finished. Now changes are smooth and no HDD activity,

It is strange but it works now

Great to hear that it is working now.
Based on other feedback I think that the problems were caused by the artwork downloader script, which I have now disabled.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Hitcher - 2014-09-15

(2014-09-15, 10:20)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-09-14, 23:07)Hitcher Wrote: You should make the running of Artwork Downloader optional because I just tried this skin today and it's gone and messed up loads of my posters and fanart! Sad

Yes I'll do that as soon as possible. I did the artwork download because the skin uses landscape thumbs but considering the feedback that isn't always wanted.
Strange thing that the artwork downloader script messed up your existing posters and fanart!

I'll put new version online with the script disabled for now and after that I can implement an optional way to download the artwork for all items.

It's set to download virtually everything which will replace what you already have set up.

Code:
XBMC.runscript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=custom, silent=true, poster, fanart, clearlogo, clearart, banner, seasonbanner, landscape, seasonthumb, seasonposter, tvthumb, characterart, seasonlandscape)

(2014-09-15, 16:17)Hitcher Wrote: It's set to download virtually everything which will replace what you already have set up.

Code:
XBMC.runscript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=custom, silent=true, poster, fanart, clearlogo, clearart, banner, seasonbanner, landscape, seasonthumb, seasonposter, tvthumb, characterart, seasonlandscape)

You're totally right. I had that piece of code in there one day to finish up later with only the landscape art. Apparently something got messed up later because the old line is still there. Thanks for the catch. I've removed it immediately and release is submitted to the repo.

Apologies for the error and thanks for your feedback.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - rd1979 - 2014-09-16

You can setup Artwork Downloader to download only what you want, even if that's pretty much nothing. I too had issues with AD, in fact, this very skin made it download extrafanart and extrathumb folders filled with content I didn't need, even though I had it setup _not_ to, which was a bug that has since been fixed.

Trust me, just go into the config for AD, and you can configure it not to overwrite your stuff, and still have it run with the skin to get whatever you are missing, as they become available, since not every film/show has every form of image available.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Hitcher - 2014-09-16

It will only skip local files if you set it up to, anything else will get overwritten.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-16

For now I removed the automatic launch of the artwork downloader script but I'll make some kind of "first run dialog" to point the user to the artwork downloader.

Most important is the landscape banners. Can I setup the script to automatic download the landscape banners without overwriting any existing artwork ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - cereyanli - 2014-09-16

Is there any way to disable or change alert sound that you hear when XBMC gives error ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-16

(2014-09-16, 13:04)cereyanli Wrote: Is there any way to disable or change alert sound that you hear when XBMC gives error ?

I'm not sure how but i know you can disable the menu sounds in XBMC. This is a generic (not skin related) setting in XBMC.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - rd1979 - 2014-09-16

(2014-09-16, 08:17)Hitcher Wrote: It will only skip local files if you set it up to, anything else will get overwritten.

This is what I was trying to get across to you, but its not set that way by default.
Seems you understand now, hope you didn't get burned too much by it.

Next step is to get AD to change the default.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Hitcher - 2014-09-16

I already had that option on but haven't exported my library for a while now but I wasn't expecting a skin to run AD without my permission either.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-17

(2014-09-16, 23:40)Hitcher Wrote: I already had that option on but haven't exported my library for a while now but I wasn't expecting a skin to run AD without my permission either.

Like I said before, my apologies for this. I had no idea (also not in the documentation of AD) that it would overwrite anything.
I've now switched to more safe method where only the 16:9 thumbs are downloaded at installation of the skin and optional support to run the artwork downloader automatically upon xbmc startup with the settings that are specified in the add-on itself.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - timtim78 - 2014-09-18

Why is my last post deletedHuhHuhHuhHuh?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-18

(2014-09-18, 18:11)timtim78 Wrote: Why is my last post deletedHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Not by me... Maybe a mistake or error in the forum?
Is there a mod who can answer this?