Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Reb313 - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-24, 23:11)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 23:09)Reb313 Wrote: I am on 3.2.68 and I can't get anything newer to install.

3.2.68 is the stable Version. Beta is at version 3.2.74 currently

I'm set to beta, not the regular one.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - d0wnl0rd - 2015-03-25

Marcel, it looks like as we would face a similar situation as with beta 67 - file loads but no update is done. I had a look in the kodi.log:
File loads
Code:
23:24:03 T:3764   DEBUG: FileManager: copy http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/skin.titan.helix/skin.titan.helix-3.2.74.zip|Referer=skin.titan.helix-3.2.72.zip -> special://home/addons/packages/skin.titan.helix-3.2.74.zip
and then it tries to read the zip content
Code:
23:24:32 T:3764   DEBUG: CZipManager::GetZipList - Processing zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fskin.titan.helix-3.2.74.zip/
23:24:32 T:6756   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://outdated/)
23:24:32 T:6756   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://outdated/]
but nothing from there. If i load the file directly and try to install it manually I do get the "addon does not have the right structure" error.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - taurus35 - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-24, 23:58)marcelveldt Wrote: Damn repo is slow again. I'll ask the repo mods to give it a manual sync. If it still fails tomorrow I'll provide a manual link

Are you sure it's still not one of my images? I'm not sure what characters are not permitted but I have checked & can see the following:
Beijing New Picture Film Co. = with a "period" at the end
British Sky Broadcasting (BSkyB) = Brackets
Elzevir Films = already corrected funny characters
Film I Vast = already corrected funny characters
Modernciné = symbol over e

I assume that under scores "_" & hyphen "-" are allowed, several have these.

Cheers.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-03-25

Hi all, I will take a look first thing tomorrow as its night here (bed time) now. I think its the repo again so the zip file is only partially synced across the servers. This happened before and last time it was fixed by CDN, the hoster.

I can install the zipfile that was uploaded just fine on my machine so the zip itself isn't the problem.

Shouldn't the zip file contain a directory called skin.titan.helix?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-25, 01:02)d0wnl0rd Wrote: Shouldn't the zip file contain a directory called skin.titan.helix?

Yes it contains it... The old/broken version from yesterday is still there because the sync is delayed. I just contacted some guys at the host and they will do the fix. Hopefully it will work within an hour!

(2015-03-25, 01:05)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 01:02)d0wnl0rd Wrote: Shouldn't the zip file contain a directory called skin.titan.helix?

Yes it contains it... The old/broken version from yesterday is still there because the sync is delayed. I just contacted some guys at the host and they will do the fix. Hopefully it will work within an hour!
Not here, but obviously an old, not yet synced copy then - shoot - as if life is not difficult enough without such garbage Wink

Marcel,

Just to let you know that 3.2.75 is downloading fine this morning.
The genre icons look a pretty good match I have to say Smile

Cheers

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-23, 23:03)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-03-23, 13:30)mombasa123 Wrote: Yes, when i switch back to official, it displays random movies. Any way of unassigning the Spotligh widget and getting the default back? I tried resetting all shortcuts but that didnt do the trick Sad

I've added some extra choices for the spotlight widhet assignment, including the recommended and random movies (which it has by default).
Available in next skin update (later tonight)

Hmm Spotlight->Random Movies doesn't seem to work. Stays stuck with the most recent movie. I checked the other options and Spotlight->In Progress was ok etc.

Thx

Hi Marcel,

Is there anything you can do about the way the skin picks the studio for the movies added to the library? I've been looking at some of the movies in my collection with & without studio logos showing & comparing them with themoviedb. As far as I can see it appears to be random? Taking "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1" as an example, when the movie is added to the library the skin/Kodi picks the studio "Color Force" which has no studio logo available. If you look at the movie on the database there are two studios listed, one which is "Color Force" of course (listed second) & the other is "Lionsgate" for which there is definitely a logo in the studio folder. Is there a way to scrape the list of studios from the database, compare the names with the logos in the folder & pick one that has an image available? Or if it's already supposed to do that then it's not working. Another example would be "Edge of Tomorrow" which has a list of 6 studios including "Village Roadshow" & "Warner Bros" & the library shows "RatPac-Dune Entertainment" with no logo.

Cheers.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-03-26

Hi Marcel,

Just a quick request - I have reinstalled Kodi from scratch, because that CD spinning issue is driving me nuts ;(
The problem is, I can't for the life of me remember how to get the Beta skin installed.
I've trawled through these forums, and on Google, but can't find any information.
Could you, or someone please remind me how to get it installed please?
Thanks Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - taurus35 - 2015-03-26

(2015-03-26, 01:19)gazzacloud Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Just a quick request - I have reinstalled Kodi from scratch, because that CD spinning issue is driving me nuts ;(
The problem is, I can't for the life of me remember how to get the Beta skin installed.
I've trawled through these forums, and on Google, but can't find any information.
Thanks Smile

gazzacloud,

Go to the first post of this thread & there is a link to the beta repository zip. Download & install from zip in the addon section, then you will see the skin in there when you browse the respository.

Hope this helps.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-03-26

(2015-03-26, 01:30)taurus35 Wrote:
(2015-03-26, 01:19)gazzacloud Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Thanks Smile

gazzacloud,

Go to the first post of this thread & there is a link to the beta repository zip. Download & install from zip in the addon section, then you will see the skin in there when you browse the respository.

Hope this helps.

Oh crap - that's just me being dumb! Smile
Thanks taurus35

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-03-30

(2015-03-25, 15:11)mombasa123 Wrote: Hmm Spotlight->Random Movies doesn't seem to work. Stays stuck with the most recent movie. I checked the other options and Spotlight->In Progress was ok etc.

OK, I had a good look at this today and discovered that the widgets provided by the library-data-provider are having this "issue", they're just sorted on alphabet by default and not completely randomized. I've changed the "random movies" widget.

I've changed the options that are available to assign to the spotlight widget.
Will be available in next skin update (tonight or tomorrow).

Once you've updated the skin, re-assign the widget.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-03-30

(2015-03-25, 22:17)taurus35 Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Is there anything you can do about the way the skin picks the studio for the movies added to the library? I've been looking at some of the movies in my collection with & without studio logos showing & comparing them with themoviedb. As far as I can see it appears to be random? Taking "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1" as an example, when the movie is added to the library the skin/Kodi picks the studio "Color Force" which has no studio logo available. If you look at the movie on the database there are two studios listed, one which is "Color Force" of course (listed second) & the other is "Lionsgate" for which there is definitely a logo in the studio folder. Is there a way to scrape the list of studios from the database, compare the names with the logos in the folder & pick one that has an image available? Or if it's already supposed to do that then it's not working. Another example would be "Edge of Tomorrow" which has a list of 6 studios including "Village Roadshow" & "Warner Bros" & the library shows "RatPac-Dune Entertainment" with no logo.

Cheers.

That information is added to Kodi by the Movie scraper so you should either manually change the database for that or use NFO to scan the movies to your library (so you can manually assign the studio).

A much userfriendly approach if you use Kodi in conjuction with a mediaserver like Plex or MediaBrowser (now called emby) which will let you edit your metadata online in a convenient webinterface.

See my involvement in the Emby addon for Kodi:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/19739-introducing-emby-for-kodi-open-beta/