Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - taurus35 - 2015-04-07

(2015-04-06, 18:19)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 23:26)taurus35 Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Since the latest beta update I am no longer able to get to any of the widgets by pressing up on the home tiles, pressing down takes you to the sub-menus OK though.
Cheers.
Update:
For some reason the TV Show widget suddenly started to work again (but NOT the movie widget) earlier today but as you can see from the screen shot below, the graphics have dropped dwon the screen & is cutting off the logo.

OK, got it and fixed. Will provide new beta later today...

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the fix....unfortunately the Movie widget on the Movie hometile is still not working when I press up. Nothing happens at all except that it freezes Kodi for a few seconds.

Update: I have discovered a clue for the widgets not working on pressing up on the home tiles. As I mentioned in a previous post, neither the TV Shows or Movie widgets were working but then a few hours later the TV Show widget started to work. I have now found that it was because I added some TV shows & there were some inprogress episodes which triggered the widget to work. As soon as the shows were watched the widget stopped working. There are no inprogress movies in my library, so I assume that's why the Movie widget has stopped working....hope this helps.

Cheers.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - saustark - 2015-04-07

Hello,
with the latest update to stable version 3.2.72 and beta version 3.2.77 i constantly get popup messages that titan mediabrowser helper script (BETA) has been updated to version 1.6.14.

Under addons / available updates i have exactly this "update" available. When i click on this entry, it shows me again the message that the Helper script has been updated but the entry stays in the list of available updates.

Any ideas how i can solve that and get rid of this annoying popup

many thanks

saustark

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Skribbler1 - 2015-04-08

And to add to the above post... I get Titan media helper failed and it won't load up any widgets. Which is devastating to me because I access everything through them. But I'm not worried, Marcel has it under control!

Awesome skin! Kodi wouldn't be the same without it Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-04-08

I've just posted a new beta version of the skin helper that should fix the mentioned problems. Besides fixing the issue I've added a nice search dialog for the videolibrary

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - spursgalea - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-08, 01:21)marcelveldt Wrote: I've just posted a new beta version of the skin helper that should fix the mentioned problems. Besides fixing the issue I've added a nice search dialog for the videolibrary
Hi since the skin helper update i keep getting script error. If you need a log do you need debugging on

Edit deleated the beta repo and now useing the skin from the kodi repo and it fine now

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Blue_Calx - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-08, 05:51)spursgalea Wrote:
(2015-04-08, 01:21)marcelveldt Wrote: I've just posted a new beta version of the skin helper that should fix the mentioned problems. Besides fixing the issue I've added a nice search dialog for the videolibrary
Hi since the skin helper update i keep getting script error. If you need a log do you need debugging on

Edit deleated the beta repo and now useing the skin from the kodi repo and it fine now

I am getting helper script errors now too. And widgets won't load at all.

(2015-04-08, 07:17)Blue_Calx Wrote: I am getting helper script errors now too. And widgets won't load at all.

What version of the Helper script do you have ? I posted an updated version last night...
If it still exists with the latest version (1.6.15), could you please post the error in your logfile?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - taurus35 - 2015-04-08

Hi Marcel,

Even with the latest updates I am still unable to get to the Movie or TV Show widgets if there aren't any "inprogress" library items. I just tried a test on my Windows library (which I just use for testing) & I had two movies which were partially watched & was able to get to the widget by pressing up. After marking both movies as watched I was unable to get to the widget by pressing up.

Cheers

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-04-08

yup - same issue for me. Widgets awol and helper script errors Sad

(2015-04-08, 10:53)mombasa123 Wrote: yup - same issue for me. Widgets awol and helper script errors Sad

Can you provide me the error that's in your log please?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - taurus35 - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-08, 11:36)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-04-08, 10:53)mombasa123 Wrote: yup - same issue for me. Widgets awol and helper script errors Sad

Can you provide me the error that's in your log please?

Marcel,

I'm not getting any script errors on either system, just unable to get to the widgets as mentioned previously.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - stueeey - 2015-04-08

Hi Marcel, I can also report that the helper script managed to upgrade with the last push, but it is now reporting script errors.

Out of interest... Now that you have just pushed multiuser support for the Emby/Kodi addon (shall test ASAP), I shall probably make the switch away from the Mediabrowser addon. Are you planning to stop maintaining skin support for Mediabrowser and gear it more towards Emby? (in particular the Nodes etc).

(2015-04-08, 11:45)stueeey Wrote: Hi Marcel, I can also report that the helper script managed to upgrade with the last push, but it is now reporting script errors.

Out of interest... Now that you have just pushed multiuser support for the Emby/Kodi addon (shall test ASAP), I shall probably make the switch away from the Mediabrowser addon. Are you planning to stop maintaining skin support for Mediabrowser and gear it more towards Emby? (in particular the Nodes etc).

Please provide me the error that's in your log because I can't reproduce the errror on my side. Once I have the error I can provide a fix real soon.
Just look in your kodi log after the error was thrown about the helper script and paste the error here or send it to me by PM.

The "old" MediaBrowser support stays in the skin as-is but I won't maintain it as my personal opinion is that the new Emby addon is the way to go.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mombasa123 - 2015-04-08

Seeing the following:

15:38:43 T:2372 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named BackupRestore
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.titanskin.helpers\default.py", line 10, in <module>
ImportError: No module named BackupRestore
-->End of Python script error report<--

15:41:09 T:2468 ERROR: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:79: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
InsecurePlatformWarning
15:41:11 T:2468 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\
15:41:31 T:3200 ERROR: Previous line repeats 9 times.

(2015-04-08, 12:39)mombasa123 Wrote: Seeing the following:

15:38:43 T:2372 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named BackupRestore
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.titanskin.helpers\default.py", line 10, in <module>
ImportError: No module named BackupRestore
-->End of Python script error report<--

Hmm, that sounds like a corrupt package file to me. I'll upload a fresh one to the repo just in case.