Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - oksauce - 2015-04-21

OK 3rd time lucky..

please someone tell me where i can download this skin from..

I won't bite... PROMISE!!!!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - twghughes - 2015-04-21

(2015-04-21, 12:40)oksauce Wrote: OK 3rd time lucky..

If you can't find it in the themes folder of your install, you can download a .zip file from the Github here:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/xbmc.skin.titan

I've never installed a theme from a zip file so I'm not sure if there is an option in Settings > Add-Ons or not but I imagine there would be Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-04-21

(2015-04-21, 14:47)twghughes Wrote:

If you can't find it in the themes folder of your install, you can download a .zip file from the Github here:

https://github.com/marcelveldt/xbmc.skin.titan

I've never installed a theme from a zip file so I'm not sure if there is an option in Settings > Add-Ons or not but I imagine there would be Smile

This won't work as the github doesn't have the correct structure. Also it is not safe to do that as of stability.

Only do this if you know what you're doing such as building the textures yourself etc.

Stable versions of the skin are available in the official kodi repository.
Beta versions in the beta repo, see first post.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - twghughes - 2015-04-21

(2015-04-21, 14:53)marcelveldt Wrote: This won't work as the github doesn't have the correct structure. Also it is not safe to do that as of stability.

Only to this if you know what you're doing such as building the textures yourself etc.

Stable versions of the skin are available in the official kodi repository.
Beta versions in the beta repo, see first post.

OK, ignore me!

@Marcel:

1) I have set custom shortcuts to go directly to TV Shows and Movies so that answers my first issue with all the sub-menus. I did eventually see an option in skin settings to disable all sub-menus, I assume this would do the same thing as my workaround?
2) It seems when you set the screen to smaller icons, it will fit up to 5 on each row. Sorry I didn't figure that out sooner!

So my earlier questions are solved. Cheers!

The Titan skin is available in the Official Kodi repository. If you're looking to try out the latest features you can also choose to install the beta version of the skin. See the first post of this thread how to do that.

Heyeee

thanks for the replies, but I'm on rc3 kodi helix here, titan does not appear to be in skins get more,

confused??

ill try the git hub though

kind regards..

(2015-04-21, 15:02)oksauce Wrote: Heyeee

thanks for the replies, but I'm on rc3 kodi helix here, titan does not appear to be in skins get more,

confused??

kind regards..

Do NOT try the github, this WONT WORK.

Only use the Github if you're actively helping me with the development of the skin. Some users do that to contribute some stuff like graphics and other stuff...

Why are you on Kodi Helix RC3 ? The stable version is out long time ago. Just install the stable 14.2 version and you're all set!
Remember to refresh the Kodi repository first...

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Reb313 - 2015-04-21

(2015-04-17, 22:19)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 22:23)Reb313 Wrote: Two things:
1. RCB most played games widget isn't working.
2. Any word on the PTVL support?

Thanks!!!!

1) I can't test the RCB widget because I don't use the addon. I'll check the doc if I can find if something has changed or something.

2) I'll respond to your PM in a bit.

Sounds good. Thanks

(2015-04-21, 15:15)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 15:02)oksauce Wrote: Heyeee

confused??

kind regards..

Do NOT try the github, this WONT WORK.

Only use the Github if you're actively helping me with the development of the skin. Some users do that to contribute some stuff like graphics and other stuff...

Why are you on Kodi Helix RC3 ? The stable version is out long time ago. Just install the stable 14.2 version and you're all set!
Remember to refresh the Kodi repository first...

Im in melbourne au, , the internet here has shocking speeds... to the point google are naming and shaming... rc3 allows me to buffer to sd card using zero cache... its the last build that allows you to do that , later builds have a smart ch=acheing system, that doesn't perform well with slow speeds..

(2015-04-21, 16:00)oksauce Wrote: Im in melbourne au, , the internet here has shocking speeds... to the point google are naming and shaming... rc3 allows me to buffer to sd card using zero cache... its the last build that allows you to do that , later builds have a smart ch=acheing system, that doesn't perform well with slow speeds..

Ah, okay, like that, now I see...

I have no clue why the skin doesn't show up at old versions of Kodi Helix but I guess that's just the way the Kodi repo system works.
I'm sure it's there on the stable versions.

The best thing for you to do is manually download the zip from the Kodi website:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/helix/skin.titan/skin.titan-3.2.66.zip

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - oksauce - 2015-04-22

thanks again, used other sin because of this.., , but have to say titan is... best skin..

regards..

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - benicehavefun - 2015-04-22

I'm a regular MediaPortal user, but was drawn to using Kodi with the Titan skin on a couple of my "client seats" because of the touchscreen support. The skin looks great, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure the "TV Shows" and "Movies" icons to access my libraries. All of the Live TV related aspects are working perfectly including the EPG and recordings. I've done this many times with the Confluence and Touched skins by adding smb:// sources. However when I go into TV Shows or Movies in the Titan skin I'm stumped as to how to "add sources" to these menu items. My apologies for such a basic question, but I've been trying different approaches for the last hour with no success...

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-22, 04:20)benicehavefun Wrote: I'm a regular MediaPortal user, but was drawn to using Kodi with the Titan skin on a couple of my "client seats" because of the touchscreen support. The skin looks great, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure the "TV Shows" and "Movies" icons to access my libraries. All of the Live TV related aspects are working perfectly including the EPG and recordings. I've done this many times with the Confluence and Touched skins by adding smb:// sources. However when I go into TV Shows or Movies in the Titan skin I'm stumped as to how to "add sources" to these menu items. My apologies for such a basic question, but I've been trying different approaches for the last hour with no success...

What you need is the "files" option from the Video library. It's not added to the menu by default if I recall correctly.
You can either add the Videos - Files as a shortcut to your mainmenu or just go back to confluence, setup your libraries and switch back to Titan.

If you're on a whole new setup you can also do the following:

Enter All Movies (or any other section is fine), press OK/enter on the the two dots (..) to navigate up one level.
Press OK/enter on the two dots again.
Enter files section.
Press "add videos"

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-13, 22:23)Reb313 Wrote: RCB most played games widget isn't working.

Forgot to mention that the RCB widget should be fixed in the beta of the skin...
Can you please test ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Reb313 - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-22, 19:41)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 22:23)Reb313 Wrote: RCB most played games widget isn't working.

Forgot to mention that the RCB widget should be fixed in the beta of the skin...
Can you please test ?

Will do.