Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - ownagi - 2014-09-20

Thanks for continuing work on that beatiful skin.
Also like your personal interpretation Wink

Bugs:
  • Classic theme, focused home tile: There is a small space (top/bottom) between the blue border and the zoomed tile, left/right is ok (resolution is 1080p)
  • Classic theme, settings: Some menu entries are grey/marked as disabled while beeing usable (for example skin selection and skin settings)

Improvements:
  • Skin settings would be more intuitive by using select controls instead of grouped checkboxes
  • Don't know if I understood the positioning of the home tiles but I think with UP and DOWN you increase/decrease the position numbers? Was usable for me this way but took me long time to understand because I disabled most of the tiles and wanted to move a custom tile to a top position. Position numbers of custom tiles must be relatively high, because I needed about 10-15 moves till it finally changed positions with the previous tile.
    • Improvement: Show position numbers
    • Real solution: Make tiles actually move and reassign positons afterwards (UP then would move upwards in the list and DOWN downwards)
  • Backgrounds shown when "Use background based on selected tile" is active are pretty lowres, looks like they are stretched tile images
  • Would be nice if standard tile graphics could be selected in the file explorer when assigning images to custom tiles. At least they should be included in the skin uncompressed.

Personal opinion:
  • Header/title texts are way too big, results in scrolling texts for example for tv series names
  • Modern skin: Lowering high contrasts (e.g. the mid blue info box with white borders) could result in less "agressive" focus points for the eye
  • Modern skin: I would like to see some transparency on the info box mentioned above and other parts like the "now playing" on the home screen, but I guess it was your intention not to use transparency?

Thanks for the skin(s)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-20

(2014-09-20, 04:16)ownagi Wrote: Thanks for continuing work on that beatiful skin.
Also like your personal interpretation Wink

Thanks for your great and extended feedback!

(2014-09-20, 04:16)ownagi Wrote: Classic theme, focused home tile: There is a small space (top/bottom) between the blue border and the zoomed tile, left/right is ok (resolution is 1080p)
Will look into it and fix it in next version, thanks for the catch

(2014-09-20, 04:16)ownagi Wrote: Classic theme, settings: Some menu entries are grey/marked as disabled while beeing usable (for example skin selection and skin settings)
Yes, This was noticed before by others users too. The default colors are sometimes hard to read on the classic theme. In the past months I did most of the work with the default theme and apparently missed some things in the classic theme. Will all be fixed in upcoming version.

(2014-09-20, 04:16)ownagi Wrote: Skin settings would be more intuitive by using select controls instead of grouped checkboxes
Yes, I know but this takes quite some time developing. For now I didn't really style the skin settings as it is in my opinion less interesting than the skin itself. But off course after polishing up all main skin features I'll do some rework on the settings.

(2014-09-20, 04:16)ownagi Wrote: Don't know if I understood the positioning of the home tiles but I think with UP and DOWN you increase/decrease the position numbers? Was usable for me this way but took me long time to understand because I disabled most of the tiles and wanted to move a custom tile to a top position. Position numbers of custom tiles must be relatively high, because I needed about 10-15 moves till it finally changed positions with the previous tile.
You're right about that. You move the position of the tiles but there are also hidden tiles so this results in the behaviour you describe. I haven't found any other way of doing this in XBMC but I'll keep looking,

(2014-09-20, 04:16)ownagi Wrote: Improvement: Show position numbers
Nice suggestion, this can be considered as a nice workaround for now. Will fix that in next release

(2014-09-20, 04:16)ownagi Wrote: Real solution: Make tiles actually move and reassign positons afterwards (UP then would move upwards in the list and DOWN downwards)
You're right, but as far as I've discovered the xbmc skinning engine won't let me do that so I'll try to create my own script for this some day.For now it isn't easy possible to do that but like I said before, after the skin is polished up I'll start fixing the skin setings.

(2014-09-20, 04:16)ownagi Wrote: Backgrounds shown when "Use background based on selected tile" is active are pretty lowres, looks like they are stretched tile images
That is true if you use the default images. It is mainly meant for the artwork backgrounds or user's custom backgrounds.

(2014-09-20, 04:16)ownagi Wrote: Would be nice if standard tile graphics could be selected in the file explorer when assigning images to custom tiles. At least they should be included in the skin uncompressed.
Nice suggestion, will look into this

(2014-09-20, 04:16)ownagi Wrote: [*]Header/title texts are way too big, results in scrolling texts for example for tv series names
Where, which dialog/view ? You mean the main header in the upper left ? Yes that's quite big, but aren't very long titles an exception ?

(2014-09-20, 04:16)ownagi Wrote: Modern skin: Lowering high contrasts (e.g. the mid blue info box with white borders) could result in less "agressive" focus points for the eye.
I would like to see some transparency on the info box mentioned above and other parts like the "now playing" on the home screen, but I guess it was your intention not to use transparency?
Yes, I get what you mean, but i fact this was kind of on purpose to focus on readability of all texts. In many skins you get nice graphics, transparency and different font colors but than you sometimes miss essential information on the screen. But you're right, this can be less aggressive. Will look into this and play around with some colors and transparancy.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-22

New beta version of the skin now available in the XBMB3C repo: version 2.0.11

improvements in this version:

v.2.0.11
- fixed fontcolors in classic theme
- changed homemenu reorder in skin settings
- added shortcuts to skin settings
- added profiles in settings
- added highres backgrounds for tile selection
- new now playing panel in modern theme
- new osd panel in modern theme
- several bugs fixed reported by users

As I did quite some work on some parts of the skin (mainly the osd panels and tile reordering in skin settings) feedback welcome!
When no errors occur this update will also become available on official xbmc repo later this week.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - ullms - 2014-09-24

V2.0.11

Default theme.

OSD Timeline and finish time are missing with some videos.

Suggestion:

Could you add the record button to the OSD for live tv / PVR.

Thanks

I'm liking the new OSD in the default theme.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-24

(2014-09-24, 01:18)ullms Wrote: V2.0.11

Can you explain this further ? Where you possibly watching an internetstream ?
In that case (when there's no endtime) the timeline (progress) will not be shown.

(2014-09-24, 01:18)ullms Wrote: Could you add the record button to the OSD for live tv / PVR.
Forgot that one, nice catch. Now added.

Thanks again for your feedback, new version will be available within next minutes on the xbmb3c repo.
Also new in this version are some widgets for default categories like netflix, movies, tvshows etc.

Re: RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - ullms - 2014-09-24

(2014-09-24, 03:48)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 01:18)ullms Wrote: V2.0.11

Can you explain this further ? Where you possibly watching an internetstream ?
In that case (when there's no endtime) the timeline (progress) will not be shown.

(2014-09-24, 01:18)ullms Wrote: Could you add the record button to the OSD for live tv / PVR.
Forgot that one, nice catch. Now added.

Thanks again for your feedback, new version will be available within next minutes on the xbmb3c repo.
Also new in this version are some widgets for default categories like netflix, movies, tvshows etc.
It is a stream but not a live stream(for example gotv plugin) . The timeline is present on the classic theme but not on the default.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-24

(2014-09-24, 05:00)ullms Wrote: It is a stream but not a live stream(for example gotv plugin) . The timeline is present on the classic theme but not on the default.

Got it and fixed.

New version now available: version 2.0.14

Now Fully compatible with XBMC 13 Gotham AND Kodi Helix !
New direct access widgets on home tiles

Explaination of the widgets:
When there's a live widget available for a specific section (like movies), there will be an Arrow displayed on the tile.
Press the up/down button (the direction of the Arrow) to display the widget.
Click on the title in the widget to change it's content.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - raid517 - 2014-09-25

This skin isn't quite right. Tge menu items need to be nearer the centre of the screen in HD and the bottom part where the power options are need to be less dark.

This would be a useful skin if it were a clone, as sometimes I have to launch Media Portal Inside of XBMC as XBMC live TV playback sucks compared to Media Portal playback, even though they are both playing off the same back end. So Have one skin seamlessly integrate with the other would give a very smooth experience I think.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-25

(2014-09-25, 07:04)raid517 Wrote: This skin isn't quite right. Tge menu items need to be nearer the centre of the screen in HD and the bottom part where the power options are need to be less dark.

This would be a useful skin if it were a clone, as sometimes I have to launch Media Portal Inside of XBMC as XBMC live TV playback sucks compared to Media Portal playback, even though they are both playing off the same back end. So Have one skin seamlessly integrate with the other would give a very smooth experience I think.

Hello raid517, thanks for your feedback.
At first this skin was a clone of the MediaPortal skin but later on enhanced to have it's own look and feel and even functionality.
The "default" MediaPortal look and feel is still available though if you set the skin's theme to "classic"

Besides that, I tried to get the classic theme as close to the MediaPortal skin as possible but with some comprises though as the XBMC skinning engine isn;t the same as MediaPortal's.

Do you use the classic theme now ? In what way does that differ too much from original style ? Maybe I can do some adjustments but keep in mind that this is XBMC, not MediaPortal ;-)

Also, just out of curiosity... why are you using MP as a TV frontend ?
XBMC LiveTV is also running great in my opinion. Even more in the next Kodi release with lot's of enhancements.
Also, I included (with help of user marchaos) the support for specific features in the MP PVR clients like series recordings in the skin.

AW: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2014-09-25

I will answer for raid517 ;-)
The general handling of the XBMC tv-section is still a pain. Also there's no color highlighting of the current program in the timeline view, no genre colors and no information about season or episode of tvshows.

In classic mode of your Titan skin the context-menu is still the one from Avalon skin -> small and black instead of light grey and wide with blue highlighting.
The movie details view looks unfinished, the semi transparent black background is missing. Also in other places.
The homescreen is missing submenus. Random backgrounds on homescreen should respect the highlighted tile -> movies only movie fanart, tvshows only series fanart and so on. The blue bar at bottom has a different height and different margins in different screens. The video preview window overlaps movieposters. In general the margins need some finetuning.

Beside this you did a fantastic job so far!!!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-25

(2014-09-25, 22:07)pünktchen Wrote: I will answer for raid517 ;-)
The general handling of the XBMC tv-section is still a pain. Also there's no color highlighting of the current program in the timeline view, no genre colors and no information about season or episode of tvshows.

In classic mode of your Titan skin the context-menu is still the one from Avalon skin -> small and black instead of light grey and wide with blue highlighting.
The movie details view looks unfinished, the semi transparent black background is missing. Also in other places.
The homescreen is missing submenus. Random backgrounds on homescreen should respect the highlighted tile -> movies only movie fanart, tvshows only series fanart and so on. The blue bar at bottom has a different height and different margins in different screens. The video preview window overlaps movieposters. In general the margins need some finetuning.

Thanks for the reply, In fact the most focus lies on the default theme of the skin, while the classic theme can be considered a bit behind....
If I understand correctly you want me to finish up the last bits of the classic theme so that one feels finished too ?
I'll fire up MediaPortal in a few days and compare to finish the classic theme...

Also, for now I decided not to use submenu's but widgets instead, mainly as that was my own preference and I had no users asking for it ;-)
Including submenu's instead of the widgets (as an option) is not that hard to create, is something that I can do within a few weeks (maybe days if I have some spare time left)

(2014-09-25, 22:07)pünktchen Wrote: Random backgrounds on homescreen should respect the highlighted tile -> movies only movie fanart, tvshows only series fanart and so on.

You can enable this behaviour in the skin settings.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Luli - 2014-09-27

Amazing work!, this skin is very convenient for me,
but i miss movie ending time on OSD, Please add Movie Ending Time to OSD.
You are much appreciated,
Thank you! Wink

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-28

(2014-09-27, 21:20)Luli Wrote: Amazing work!, this skin is very convenient for me,
but i miss movie ending time on OSD, Please add Movie Ending Time to OSD.
You are much appreciated,
Thank you! Wink

Thanks for the feedback.
I indeed forgot the finish time, it's now added in version 2.0.15
will be available on xbmb3c repo at first for testing, later on in the official repo.

(2014-09-25, 22:07)pünktchen Wrote: I will answer for raid517 ;-)

I've spent some time with polishing up the classic theme, looks even more finished now ;-)
Also, now optional submenu is possible on the home menu.

I could't find what you mean with "the semi transparant black ground is missing"... where do you miss that ? (what screen/dialog/view) ?

Please take a look at version 2.0.15 (available in the xbmb3c repo) and let me know!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2014-09-28

@marcelveldt fantastic work on this skin. I love it. Have you considered a good old fashioned thumbnail gallery view?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-28

(2014-09-28, 11:02)logan_x50 Wrote: @marcelveldt fantastic work on this skin. I love it. Have you considered a good old fashioned thumbnail gallery view?

Thanks!
As for the thumbnail view, do you have an example of that ? Than I can see what I can do.