Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - saitoh183 - 2015-05-14

(2015-05-14, 00:49)marcelveldt Wrote: I just uploaded beta version 3.3.8 of the skin:

- fixed the remaining play time on the OSD.
- fixed a lot of graphics glitches in both classic and default theme.
- replaced some textures with a slightly modified one (some rounded corners and consequent color use).
- added favourites widget.
- fixed titan helper script error on some conditions

I've also been working on all list views to get a more consequent appearance across the skin. Please let me know if you like it.

@Marcelveldt

Does this version still support Plexbmc

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-05-14

(2015-05-14, 14:54)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 00:49)marcelveldt Wrote: I just uploaded beta version 3.3.8 of the skin:

- replaced some textures with a slightly modified one (some rounded corners and consequent color use).

I've also been working on all list views to get a more consequent appearance across the skin. Please let me know if you like it.

@Marcelveldt

Yes, plexbmc support is still in the skin

(2015-05-14, 15:07)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 14:54)saitoh183 Wrote:

@Marcelveldt

Cool is it in the Kodi Addon library cuz i only saw 3.3.0

(2015-05-14, 15:19)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 15:07)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 14:54)saitoh183 Wrote: @Marcelveldt

@marcelveldt

nvm found it in the EMby repo. Is there something to activate to get Plexbmc to work?

(2015-05-14, 15:31)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 15:19)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 15:07)marcelveldt Wrote: Yes, plexbmc support is still in the skin

@marcelveldt

nvm found it in the EMby repo. Is there something to activate to get Plexbmc to work?

In the skin settings, enable plex mode and of course install latest plexbmc addon

(2015-05-14, 16:05)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 15:31)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 15:19)saitoh183 Wrote: Cool is it in the Kodi Addon library cuz i only saw 3.3.0

@marcelveldt

In the skin settings, enable plex mode and of course install latest plexbmc addon

@marcelveldt

yup figured it out...thanks

@marcelveldt

Is it normal that i cant get banners with plexbmc? I choose bannerplex and see the poster with the show title

(2015-05-14, 17:14)saitoh183 Wrote: @marcelveldt

Is it normal that i cant get banners with plexbmc? I choose bannerplex and see the poster with the show title

Plexbmc doesn't support full artwork, only basic stuff...

(2015-05-14, 17:48)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 17:14)saitoh183 Wrote: @marcelveldt

Plexbmc doesn't support full artwork, only basic stuff...

ah ok, thanks

AW: RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-05-14

Mmh, i prefer the old style of list views. Especially in the normal list view it is too cluttered now imho.
Also the focus color of text and the highlight bar isn't consistently respected across all list views.

RE: AW: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-05-14

(2015-05-14, 18:58)pĆ¼nktchen Wrote:

Mmh, i prefer the old style of list views. Especially in the normal list view it is too cluttered now imho.
Also the focus color of text and the highlight bar isn't consistently respected across all list views.

Ok thanks for the feedback, its just something I wanted to try out but if its not right I can easily revert. So, just revert to the old style or any other ideas to pimp the list views? I saw the list view in artctic zephyr skin and liked the clean look

Titan MediaBrowser skin - stueeey - 2015-05-14

Hi Marcel, if your looking for clean list view inspiration be sure to check out mimic (beautifully, simple & clean)... if mimic had ur 'home tiles' I'd be a happy bunny Wink

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-05-14

Hi I've tried too the new beta and I agree that old views were better... Actually I mean that the main issue with the new one is that I can have or the poster view (with disk) or the infos, not either like before. Personally I use for movies and tv shows the big list, and I liked to have the big poster and also a description. For tv shows could be ok having only banner and fanart, but for movies I'ts a pity having the poster and cd but no plot... On the countrary the fanart only for movie (and plot) isn't representative enough.

I may understand that you removed the info column as probably isn't the best looking shape for a text, and also the poster almost at center is a little weird... What about having these options for lists:

1. Only big poster
2. Only fanart and plot
3. Big column side (same as fanart and plot) but instead of the fanart poster and disk, but maybe the rows instead of being about 50-50 like now for image and text, leaving 70-30 to have a bigger poster and 3-4 rows of plot (scrolling of course).

Also it would be awesome to have the possibility to differentiate the view settings (the ones in the left menu) based on section.
Example: movies with big list and poster+plot, tv shows with always big list but this time the fanart + plot setting.
Anyway if this last request is too a mess for how views are coded nevermind, I'd be good with the 3rd point setting for either movies and tv shows.

In the end if I could also enable the box case in that view (without using other databases like now) it would be AWESOME Smile

Ahaha thank you anyway, for me would be ok just reverting to old view Wink

AW: RE: AW: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2015-05-14

(2015-05-14, 19:11)marcelveldt Wrote: Ok thanks for the feedback, its just something I wanted to try out but if its not right I can easily revert. So, just revert to the old style or any other ideas to pimp the list views? I saw the list view in artctic zephyr skin and liked the clean look
Yes Arctic Zephyr looks really cool. But why want you to change what was good until now? Do you get bored? Big Grin

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-05-14

(2015-05-14, 19:37)pĆ¼nktchen Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 19:11)marcelveldt Wrote: Ok thanks for the feedback, its just something I wanted to try out but if its not right I can easily revert. So, just revert to the old style or any other ideas to pimp the list views? I saw the list view in artctic zephyr skin and liked the clean look
Yes Arctic Zephyr looks really cool. But why want you to change what was good until now? Do you get bored? Big Grin

I didn't know this skin, I've seen some screens and looks interesting!

Anyway looking better to the current views this is how my ideal view should look like from left to right (based on the big list said before):

1. on the left a only text list, spaced like in big list view, just no small poster icon. It means less space from left, big (readable) font with title only and view state.

2. A big canvas, about half screen width, featuring: top left corner with the small icons for director, date, genre etc like the ones in other views, on the right a poster the bigger possible with animated disk, and below both of them the text with plot.

3. Top and bottom bars with logos, ratings, codecs etc are already perfect (maybe title remove option for bottom bar)

4. Fanart/extrafanart as background (If I already have them here I don't see the necessity to have another small one somewhere else)

I hope I've explained well, otherwise I could try a meshup with photoshop... Anyway the goal for me is a clean list readable from far (I use kodi from the bed/sofa) featuring a reasonable big poster+disk along with the main info to avoid opening every time the info page, the whole thing as fullscreen as possible (like big list)

Let me know Smile