Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-05-21

(2015-05-21, 21:21)stueeey Wrote:
(2015-05-21, 21:13)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-21, 15:10)stueeey Wrote: great work Marcel/Mario on the new fonts, very clean and crisp! 10/10 from me

I suppose you tried out the git version ? This ísn't available yet in the current beta...
It will be in tonight's beta with a fallback toggle to use the old fonts.

yes, kind of unintentionally... I was stumbling around git looking to download the OSD button .pngs to have a play with some ideas.

ended up downloading the master zip, noticed at once the changed fonts, they do look amazingly crisp.

Ps. also sorted my EMBY green watched tick too, so don't rush that todo just for me... looks like your todo list just keeps getting bigger !!

OK but keep in mind that when you use the Git version things might get buggy as I check in all my changes, even when it broke something ;-)
Feel free to commit any good additions as a PR on git. Yeah, the new fonts are very nice. Currently testing every section of the skin if nothing broke because of that change.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - stueeey - 2015-05-23

Late to the party here... I've just started exploring the matching tile fanart and backgrounds. When I first discovered Titan I bulldozed ahead and created my own custom tiles. I'm re-thinking this as I now really like the tiled fanart & matching background concept... at least I think that is what is supposed to happen?...

I am experiencing some fanart background loading issues both with the stable & repo Titan versions running conjunction with the latest EMBY addon.

My issue is this... the tiles load the image fanart but the background doesn't change with it (background stays blank), the only way to get the background to load is to move the focus off the tile and back onto it, only then does the background franart appear... but then again, when the tile auto changes to the next image, the background doesn't follow suit. Can't believe that this is an issue with the beta and the stable, I suspect that my background art is not cache or I have an issue with EMBY

Any ideas what could be wrong? I have done 2 fresh wipes & re-installed.

EDIT: Appears I may just have been to hasty, am I right in thinking the background frank, just needs to to cache? as background fanart doe snow appear to be loading

thanks for any assistance.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Reb313 - 2015-05-23

Is there a way to either remove the shut down button or change it to close Kodi?

Thanks!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mihawk90 - 2015-05-23

(2015-05-23, 20:44)Reb313 Wrote: Is there a way to either remove the shut down button or change it to close Kodi?

Thanks!

Settings -> Skin Settings -> Homescreen Layout -> Customize Power Menu (at the very end)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Reb313 - 2015-05-23

(2015-05-23, 22:41)mihawk90 Wrote:
(2015-05-23, 20:44)Reb313 Wrote: Is there a way to either remove the shut down button or change it to close Kodi?

Thanks!

Settings -> Skin Settings -> Homescreen Layout -> Customize Power Menu (at the very end)

That's the menu, I am referring to the button on the home screen.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mihawk90 - 2015-05-24

Oh you mean the tile?

Skin Settings -> Configure Shortcuts -> Shutdown -> Change Shortcut -> Choose Shurtcut -> Kodi Command -> whatever you like

Or did I get the wrong idea again? if yes a screen might help to get it right Big Grin

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Reb313 - 2015-05-24

It's next to the HOME button.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - saitoh183 - 2015-05-24

(2015-05-20, 17:57)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 14:42)saitoh183 Wrote: Hi Marcel, I just got a reply on the Plexbmc thread on the plex forum and Banners are supported in the Amber skin

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/106593-plexbmc-xbmc-add-on-to-connect-to-plex-media-server/page-58#entry935048

Yes, they are supported in Amber and in Titan but in your setup it looks like they aren't retrieved from the Plex server or something... It's been a while since I last tried out the plexbmc integration in the skin (as I'm working on the Emby addon) but I will install it on my testbox to see what's going on. From what I recall I only had posters and fanart artwork when using Plex and stuff like discart, clearart, banners etc. weren't working but like I said, it's been a while since I last checked the plexbmc addon.

Hey Marcel, have you had a chance to look into this?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-05-24

(2015-05-24, 04:09)saitoh183 Wrote: Hey Marcel, have you had a chance to look into this?

Yes, and I already answered you :-)
There are no banners supported in Plex.... It only provides the poster and the (single) fanart...

(2015-05-24, 00:35)Reb313 Wrote: It's next to the HOME button.

Ah, I think I get it now... You have touchsupport enabled, which enables some extra buttons at the bottom of the screen.
No, atm not possible to override these.

EDIT: looking at this better I think it makes sense to change the powerbutton to do exactly the same as with touchcontrols enabled. Will change it.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - saitoh183 - 2015-05-24

(2015-05-24, 11:46)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-24, 04:09)saitoh183 Wrote: Hey Marcel, have you had a chance to look into this?

Yes, and I already answered you :-)
There are no banners supported in Plex.... It only provides the poster and the (single) fanart...
Yeah. But you said you would have a look[WHITE SMILING FACE] The thing I don't get is that there is support via the Amber skin which is just another kodi skin with plexbmc support and also in the plex home theater from plex. Oh well I guess I'm confused about the Amber screen shot I saw with Amber and plexbmc on the plex forum.

(2015-05-24, 14:59)saitoh183 Wrote: Yeah. But you said you would have a look[WHITE SMILING FACE] The thing I don't get is that there is support via the Amber skin which is just another kodi skin with plexbmc support and also in the plex home theater from plex. Oh well I guess I'm confused about the Amber screen shot I saw with Amber and plexbmc on the plex forum.
Hmmm, I checked the code of the plexbmc code and it does mention banner artwork but it looks like it's only supported for tv shows as far as I can see. And only if the server provides banner artwork. So, if the addon provides banners it should work with Titan too. There is no restriction in the skin why it shouldn't work with addons.. I even tried some addon and the banners were there.

Did you check the amber skin if you get any banners ?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-05-24

In the last couple of days I've experimented with the Titan skin, installed via the emby repo but intended for use with my Plex library. (I don't use emby at all.)

Unfortunately I ran into a limitation which makes the skin unusable for me.
It seems completely unable to access my Plex media section "TV Shows".
It also fails to show my "Photos" section, but that is less important.

In my attempts to customize the Titan home menu I found how to add shortcuts using the "PlexBMC Collections" list.
But when I open this list I find that it only contains the first ten of my Plex media sections.
Number eleven should have been my "Photos" and number twelve should have been my "TV Shows".
Thus I've guessed that the current version of the skin simply has a limit of ten usable Plex sections.
(I know the limit is skin-imposed, as all sections work fine with other Plex oriented skins, like "Amber" and "Night".)

So now I wonder if there is any way to raise or eliminate this limit, so as to make the skin work well for me.

Best regards: dlanor

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-05-24

(2015-05-24, 14:59)saitoh183 Wrote: The thing I don't get is that there is support via the Amber skin which is just another kodi skin with plexbmc support and also in the plex home theater from plex. Oh well I guess I'm confused about the Amber screen shot I saw with Amber and plexbmc on the plex forum.
Perhaps the screenshots you saw were from other Amber versions than the ones for current Kodi+PlexBMC.
The Amber skin has been available both for the old "Plex Media Center" client and the newer "Plex Home Theater" client.
And in these versions there are working viewmodes for banners.

The skin for XBMC/Kodi also has a similar feature, by choosing the option "Banner (wide) thumbs" together with either of the viewmodes "Big Panel" or "Icons".
And this usage works fine for me with older versions of XBMC and an old PlexBMC version.

But for me that usage does not work properly with the newer PlexBMC versions which are needed for Kodi.
With these versions I just get black rectangles where the banners should be.
Perhaps this will change with future PlexBMC releases. (Remember that the current PlexBMC 4.0.0 series is still in beta.)

(2015-05-24, 17:41)dlanor Wrote: In the last couple of days I've experimented with the Titan skin, installed via the emby repo but intended for use with my Plex library. (I don't use emby at all.)

Unfortunately I ran into a limitation which makes the skin unusable for me.

It seems completely unable to access my Plex media section "TV Shows".

It also fails to show my "Photos" section, but that is less important.

In my attempts to customize the Titan home menu I found how to add shortcuts using the "PlexBMC Collections" list.

But when I open this list I find that it only contains the first ten of my Plex media sections.

Number eleven should have been my "Photos" and number twelve should have been my "TV Shows".

Thus I've guessed that the current version of the skin simply has a limit of ten usable Plex sections.

(I know the limit is skin-imposed, as all sections work fine with other Plex oriented skins, like "Amber" and "Night".)

So now I wonder if there is any way to raise or eliminate this limit, so as to make the skin work well for me.

I never realized that the limit of 10 sections could be reached [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]. I Will increase it to 15 or 20. Available in beta version tonight.