Kodi Community Forum
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=201894)

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - coldbyte - 2014-09-22

(2014-09-22, 03:36)enen92 Wrote: Sorry my mistake upload it to /storage/.ACEStream not /storage/.ACEStream/cache

oh i didn't even read that, "storage" is that android right? Maybe that's problem

I'm using linux, i copied to ~/.ACEStream, i can see the menu if i reset to defaults in the addon settings but when i change a parameter, the menu disappears again.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - salman79uk - 2014-09-22

Hi all,

I seem to be experiencing the same issue whereby, the options to change the acestream engine settings in app do not show under advanced settings..

I have copied the file above as suggested but still no joy....

Also, what do people recommend is best, the in app acestream engine, the external acestream engine with the xbmc player or the Ace player?

Cheers,

P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - neno1978 - 2014-09-22

A minor question. The information of buffer, peers, seed etc, is superimposed, one over other. Mac osx, gotham 13.2, aeon nox skin

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - enen92 - 2014-09-22

(2014-09-22, 15:35)salman79uk Wrote: Hi all,

I seem to be experiencing the same issue whereby, the options to change the acestream engine settings in app do not show under advanced settings..

Also, what do people recommend is best, the in app acestream engine, the external acestream engine with the xbmc player or the Ace player?

Cheers,

That was for openelec (32bits/64 bits) not for android.
To change the settings from the addon in android you need to use the internal engine. If you decide to use either an external app or an external player the settings change should be handled in the external app don't you agree?
This is an xbmc addon not a "fit all external stuff" and launch it from xbmc. The addon still allows you to use external app's/players but there is no logic in changing settings of an external app in xbmc if you use it in the first place. It's possible but I blocked it to the internal engine option on purpose.

(2014-09-22, 15:51)neno1978 Wrote: A minor question. The information of buffer, peers, seed etc, is superimposed, one over other. Mac osx, gotham 13.2, aeon nox skin

It shouldn't. I'm using Aeon Nox at the moment and the 1.1.0 update was in fact to solve that. Can you post a screenshot?

P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - neno1978 - 2014-09-22

well ... I even had not see it... I have been large mouths, I am sorry, all is perfect Now [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Hi enen92,

I completely understand that, and I am using the internal acestream engine built into your app.. However when doing this, I see no options for changing the settings like buffer time, no of peers etc....

Also in your experience, is there much performance difference between using external and internal engines or players......

(2014-09-22, 16:03)enen92 Wrote:

Cheers,

To change the settings from the addon in android you need to use the internal engine. If you decide to use either an external app or an external player the settings change should be handled in the external app don't you agree?
This is an xbmc addon not a "fit all external stuff" and launch it from xbmc. The addon still allows you to use external app's/players but there is no logic in changing settings of an external app in xbmc if you use it in the first place. It's possible but I blocked it to the internal engine option on purpose.

(2014-09-22, 15:51)neno1978 Wrote: A minor question. The information of buffer, peers, seed etc, is superimposed, one over other. Mac osx, gotham 13.2, aeon nox skin

It shouldn't. I'm using Aeon Nox at the moment and the 1.1.0 update was in fact to solve that. Can you post a screenshot?

Than it's probably a bug on the addon side Smile.
For android the addon is looking for the acestream folder in /sdcard/.ACEStream so...looking for /sdcard/.ACEStream/playerconf.pickle. Probably your $HOME folder in android is not /sdcard/.ACEStream. Either the case I don't know how to get it from python for android. I might need to spend a bit of time investigating this at some point this week.

There aren't really any differences. The main difference is using xbmc as a player or aceplayer as a player. The last case should of course be more stable. The player is developed by them and the engine/player keep the stream in sync with the player better. Also as it is an external app it shuts down much quicker than xbmc.
The aceplayer include an acestreamengine as well so if you use the external player option and want to change the settings you've to manually change them in the aceplayer.apk-

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - dtsexpert - 2014-09-22

(2014-09-22, 16:19)salman79uk Wrote: Hi enen92,

I completely understand that, and I am using the internal acestream engine built into your app.. However when doing this, I see no options for changing the settings like buffer time, no of peers etc....

Also in your experience, is there much performance difference between using external and internal engines or players......

(2014-09-22, 16:03)enen92 Wrote:

Cheers,

From my testing, I see no differences between internal & external app/xbmc. Either of these 2 is better than using the external player because the video is decoded by xbmc that has hardware ecceleration (if the device chip is supported), while the external player iruns in software decoding mode
If you want to change the engine settings, the go for the external app/xbmc
My 2 cents opnion Smile

(2014-09-22, 17:41)dtsexpert Wrote:

(2014-09-22, 16:03)enen92 Wrote: That was for openelec (32bits/64 bits) not for android.

From my testing, I see no differences between internal & external app/xbmc. Either of these 2 is better than using the external player because the video is decoded by xbmc that has hardware ecceleration (if the device chip is supported), while the external player iruns in software decoding mode

OK, interesting...

I thought the Ace player did have hardware decoding?? Certainly if you go into its settings, it does have options for hardware decoding?

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - dtsexpert - 2014-09-22

(2014-09-22, 17:43)salman79uk Wrote:
(2014-09-22, 17:41)dtsexpert Wrote:

OK, interesting...

I thought the Ace player did have hardware decoding?? Certainly if you go into its settings, it does have options for hardware decoding?
In my case, the acestream player hardware deocding option does not work with my device chip, while the xbmc does it, so internal or external app/xbmc works best for me by letting the xbmc handling the video.
I beleive the aceplayer hardware decoder is there but it does not mean it will work with your device. The chip has to be supported by it.
You should play around to see what best for your device. Pick a HD stream is a good start to see how video looks like

The only problem I see with the xbmc player is the fact it takes a bit of time to stop the stream. This is not on the plugin side since it can only kill the engine on the "on stop" event. The functions associated with this event are only ran after the stop event...

Probably it is a good idea to create a function that can be mapped to your remote to kill the engine. That way the internal xbmc experience can be much better. Since you can remotely kill the engine which will make xbmc quit the video stream much faster (if it keeps hanging/freezing on stop).

Even in linux I have sometimes to kill it from the terminal for xbmc to respond again.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - loki05 - 2014-09-22

Cheers,

Make sure you start an acestream stream first, you should then see the options after.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - smokey666 - 2014-09-22

(2014-09-22, 18:13)enen92 Wrote: The only problem I see with the xbmc player is the fact it takes a bit of time to stop the stream. This is not on the plugin side since it can only kill the engine on the "on stop" event. The functions associated with this event are only ran after the stop event...

Probably it is a good idea to create a function that can be mapped to your remote to kill the engine. That way the internal xbmc experience can be much better. Since you can remotely kill the engine which will make xbmc quit the video stream much faster (if it keeps hanging/freezing on stop).

Even in linux I have sometimes to kill it from the terminal for xbmc to respond again.

Hi mate Smile

When I use windows instead of killing the ace engine with the task manager I use the windows acestream engine gui `advanced settings` and clear disc cache. 99.99% of the time xbmc/kodi becomes responsive immediately.I`ve noticed that you have clear disc cache in the advanced settings in the addon.Could you perhaps add some kind of rule that if when stopping a stream it hangs for 5 seconds or more that the command for clearing the disc cache is sent to the acestream engine.Would this work regardless of platform used?It`s a hacky solution I know but if it works then who cares Wink

For me personally I much prefer using xbmc/kodi p2p-streams combination,.I don`t dislike the aceplayer it`s the other `optional` stuff it installs the p2p multimedia browser plugin etc & even had probs with their updater.Sopcast`s `official` player on windows has nasty ads continuously displayed on it.For me this is best and safest way to watch live p2p.

Thanks for all your hard work with this addon & as always BIG respect.

Cheers Smile

The problem as I mentioned above is the fact this is only called when playback is in fact stopped. So it is not a function that will run with a "on you hit stop" event but a function that will be ran on a "when playback is stopped" event. As xbmc tends to hang when stopping because the file still exists and keeps locked, it's a no go since you can't catch the "when stopping" event. Not sure if you understand what I say correctly.

Probably the best workaround is to create a quit function that can be mapped to a keyboard shortcut or mapped to your remote control. That way, instead of killing the stream pressing stop or hitting the 'X' shortcut you'll be pressing 'K' (or similar) and everything would behave as it should Smile

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - smokey666 - 2014-09-22

No I didn`t understand properly before thanks for explaining in more detail.Basically it`s impossible to correct on the addon side. Sad I hate that word(impossible)..Cheers for the suggestion for creating a quit function that should work great ,I`ll set that up now. Smile