Kodi Community Forum
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=201894)

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - redglory - 2014-09-26

This addon is just an engine. It's like an integrated player supporting both acestreams and sopcast.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - smarty - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-26, 07:47)dtsexpert Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 16:54)smarty Wrote: I have the latest version of the addon

I don't have any channels though, only "Sopcast.org.list"
this has a few channels that don't have any discription.

any idea how i can get the full list of chnnels?

check your pm for link where you can find the instruction. This is something we don't support here

thanking you

I love this add-on Nod

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - Stevie G - 2014-09-27

(2014-09-26, 07:47)dtsexpert Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 16:54)smarty Wrote: I have the latest version of the addon

I don't have any channels though, only "Sopcast.org.list"
this has a few channels that don't have any discription.

any idea how i can get the full list of chnnels?

check your pm for link where you can find the instruction. This is something we don't support here

Hi Guys

I'm having the same problem. can you also send me a pm.

Thanks guys

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - zag - 2014-09-27

Had a problem installing this, it was just sitting at 0% all the time in add-on manager.

I looked at the logs and it seemed one of the dependencies was not downloading properly.

If anyone has similar problems, you can download it manually here and install from zip

http://addons.xbmc.org/show/script.module.mechanize

Once I installed that, the P2P-Streams add-on installed fine.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - eros111 - 2014-09-28

Has anyone sucessfully found out any good settings for acestream on rpi so it won't buffer all the time? Would appreciate if you could share

P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - neno1978 - 2014-09-28

Rpi is that is. You can see some ace stream (1500) there isn't more to do. Sopcast is your option

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - sekoku - 2014-09-28

Someone please pm how to get channellists?

Sorry my bad english.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - enen92 - 2014-09-28

Nop, thats not what this thread is for.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - gman3042 - 2014-09-29

Hi all. Love this app so far. Here is my problem (not really a 'problem', but more looking for a solution).

What is the easiest way for you guys to get acestream links to xbmc. I'm on a fireTV and its really long to individually type out 30 characters for the ID. Do any of you have any cool solutions for this?

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - enen92 - 2014-09-29

The next version will allow you to manually add channels to the addon's favourites section. You can also make lists and build (or look) for website parsers. A simple youtube search for "p2p-streams parsers" gives you the right answer...

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - zag - 2014-09-29

(2014-09-29, 00:52)enen92 Wrote: The next version will allow you to manually add channels to the addon's favourites section. You can also make lists and build (or look) for website parsers. A simple youtube search for "p2p-streams parsers" gives you the right answer...

excellent, I was also wondering this.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - eros111 - 2014-09-29

(2014-09-28, 17:55)neno1978 Wrote: Rpi is that is. You can see some ace stream (1500) there isn't more to do. Sopcast is your option

What?

It was working perfect when this addon first came out but update after update it gets worse

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - enen92 - 2014-09-29

(2014-09-29, 13:07)eros111 Wrote:
(2014-09-28, 17:55)neno1978 Wrote: Rpi is that is. You can see some ace stream (1500) there isn't more to do. Sopcast is your option

What?

It was working perfect when this addon first came out but update after update it gets worse

He is saying the raspberry pi is what it is...you can't expect a 35 dolars minipc to behave the same way your 1000 dolars (or more) laptop does.

Of course update after update it is worse for what other reason the updates would be released unless to make it worse. There is even a condition in the addon code that is something like if user == eros111: make_it_even_worse()...

The raspberry pi acestreamengine is still the one bundled with the addon about one year ago. You're in fact lucky to be able to use this on the pi at all..
There is no official release of the acestream engine for the raspberry pi, so the simple fact you can still play some streams is a bonus. It'll break someday (most likely when acestreamengine 3.0 is final).

So my advice, check if acestreams behave well on your network/with your isp and with an operating system they support. If it does and if you really depend on acestreams consider to upgrade your htpc setup to an officially supported platform. Either go x86/x86_64 (linux or windows) or if you want to save money go for android. It is supported, this addon has plenty of options for android and there are pretty cheap android boxes out there.

I love the pi but as neno said, it is what it is. A 35 dollars htpc not a ferrari.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - axlt2002 - 2014-09-29

(2014-09-29, 14:05)enen92 Wrote: Of course update after update it is worse for what other reason the updates would be released unless to make it worse. There is even a condition in the addon code that is something like if user == eros111: make_it_even_worse()...

Rofl May I apply for the function "if user == axlt2002: make_it_perfect()"? Wink

Anyway, just updated italian translation...ready for the new release! Wink

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - Il-Mejjet - 2014-09-29

Hi ppl, android user here. Yesterday I tried Acestream using the AcePlayer (blue and white cone icon) bundled within the app. I found the AcePlayer more stable and reliable, more seeds and almost solved the buffering problem, however I noticed a dip in quality of the streams. They are not even in high definition, even the links with 4000kb or more . Could it be that the AcePlayer does not support HD format? What is everyone's experience using the AcePlayer?