Kodi Community Forum
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=201894)

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - enen92 - 2014-10-22

Oh jezz Smile thanks for reporting..i'll update them soon

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - rimram31 - 2014-10-22

(2014-10-21, 23:23)rimram31 Wrote: ...But strange, I've saved some streams as bookmarks and bookmarks work fine, so this is only related to parsers data, not the stream itlself...
Checking today, this is using torrent-tv.ru, streams have changed. New streams result in a "Torrent not available or invalid" when starting. I've tried on another pc, it's ok (using acestream window)

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Probably they require the new engine version, they are known to do this everytime they update the engine. I've no time at the moment, maybe later I'll update them for all platforms but it is always a massive ammount of work and time.

P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - neno1978 - 2014-10-22

Yea! The russian broadcasting again with new engine...BASTARDS!! [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - andromeda0071 - 2014-10-22

Good day. I have an openelec installed in acer aspire 1410. Till yesterday p2p has played torrent streams perfectly. But I had to reboot the netbook after all hanged. Now the programm shows only 10 sekonds and then just stops. After 3 minutes of waiting it shows the main menu. Tne next try to open stream shows the same 10 sekonds and main menu. Other streams just show pre-buffering 0. I tried to reinstall and delete everything refer to ace stream but it didn't help. I need your help please Sad

(2014-10-22, 14:44)enen92 Wrote: Probably they require the new engine version, they are known to do this everytime they update the engine. I've no time at the moment, maybe later I'll update them for all platforms but it is always a massive ammount of work and time.

All platformsHuh

(2014-10-22, 14:47)neno1978 Wrote: Yea! The russian broadcasting again with new engine...BASTARDS!! [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Yah the problem is they always find some original way of breaking stuff, even the way settings are changed continues to change between every version which leads to all my work being pure rubish after a while. As I don't have time to be always playing the cat and mouse game and I'm the only dev of this at the moment, I'm really tempted to drop it at some point.
I spent nearly three hours yesterday to get the addon running as it is now for android.

According to what they normally do, they force people to update the engine for 2 or 3 days (which everyone of course should do) and after a while they still allow people with older versions to play those streams. Let's see if it will be like that this time.
Hope so, otherwise it's probably time to say bye bye to the pi and osx.

Sopcast updates are so much better...it's just needed to replace a single file between updates.

So now, brace yourselves...they are comming Smile

PS: All platforms == all officially supported platforms. I have a life too.

Yes, normally , in two days stream work again, I hope [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE] and the all platforms was ironic [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE] I known you work hard, more that you should [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - JulefBlocker - 2014-10-22

For one moment I understood that P2P-Streams won't be updated in Raspberry anymore, then I realised that it was refering to Acestreams, and I could breathe again lol.

Acestreams never worked ok for me in Raspberry, it hanged a lot and got much lower download speed with open ports than my Windows computer, so if I want to see a channel I use my Windows computer to bypass it. On the other hand, Sopcast works nice if the broadcasting is good.

Thanks for all your work enen.

(2014-10-22, 16:47)JulefBlocker Wrote: For one moment I understood that P2P-Streams won't be updated in Raspberry anymore, then I realised that it was refering to Acestreams, and I could breathe again lol.

Acestreams never worked ok for me in Raspberry, it hanged a lot and got much lower download speed with open ports than my Windows computer, so if I want to see a channel I use my Windows computer to bypass it. On the other hand, Sopcast works nice if the broadcasting is good.

Thanks for all your work enen.

Yah it is a bit resource consuming for the pi. You have either the engine (which is pure python requiring a lot of external dependencies) and xbmc competing for its single core. However in android, linux and windows it behaves well. Even in OSX (using the same old version the pi uses) it behaves pretty well.

I will update them but here's the thing:
-Updating windows -> my fkin virtualbox and old laptop crashes all the time making it really annoying and frustrating
-Updating android -> time consuming due to android singularities
-Updating linux -> distro spaguetti, testing needed, time needed
-Updating openelec -> it means opening my single laptop and replacing its hard drive with an openelec installation. And doing this again in case of failure as I only have one laptop..

So, I don't really have the resources needed to keep in pace with their updates.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - grey - 2014-10-22

yesterday it was playing flawlessly - today only errors (

log here: http://pastebin.com/QQ35N8d8

Ey! Not only of Russian broadcast life the man! I am watching Liverpool by acestream bloodzeed!!!

(2014-10-22, 20:54)grey Wrote: yesterday it was playing flawlessly - today only errors (

log here: http://pastebin.com/QQ35N8d8

There isn't a single error in your log file.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - grey - 2014-10-22

it's strange.

i've tried quite a bunch of links and none started playing..
all failed in channel initialization.

(2014-10-22, 22:25)grey Wrote: it's strange.

i've tried quite a bunch of links and none started playing..
all failed in channel initialization.

That's not a error it has been written a few times. Read the 1st post.
If you can't play them in sopcast player you won't be able to play them in this addon as well. It doesn't do miracles.
In sopcast player you'll receive a "unable to start service" message which means probably the streams were blocked by sopcast due to piracy concerns.