Kodi Community Forum
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=201894)

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - lehoang24121992 - 2014-12-31

Hi everyone. I have just used P2P Streams on Fire TV stick with TVMC (basically Gotham 13.2) recently. At first, I couldn't make either acestream or sopcast work. Then with acestream, thanks to sb's advice, I sideloaded acestream apk and turned it on while opening acestream link in TVMC. It worked well but the only problem is whenever I turn FTV off and on again, acestream engine won't launch so I have to delete the folder org.acestream created during the first launch. So up to now I have to delete the folder if I still want to launch acestream successfully. For the past few days, I have been trying to figure out a way with sopcast. It did open at first in TVMC but then after a while it would crash, and when I tried to open it again, the buffering/loading and waiting were very long. Then I read somewhere that there seems to be some problem with Gotham 13.2. Then I installed SPMC 13.4 and sopcast links worked well, at least it didn't crash after a few minutes anymore. Just want to share my experience and if possible, I appreciate any help to make me understand the real problem here (maybe my FireOS, my XBMC version, or my configuration etc.). Thank you very much.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - darren1963 - 2015-01-01

Hi Enen and others all the best for the New Year.

Please can someone advise me on an issue I have in trying to get p2p to work. I have an MX2 box with Matricom 1.2 as the firmware and gotham 13.2 as the Kodi version. I have now tried to install p2p on 3 different boxes that have the same set up and I cannot get it to work on any of them. I have downloaded the latest p2p repo from Fusion and then the addon itself. I have input the bit.ly parser and have ticked the 'download module on boot' box. It goes through all the downloads of the modules and engine etc, yet when I then go into say Wiziwig and click on an Acestream link it starts the countdown at 40 and just counts down to zero but the engine does not kick in. I have also downloaded the extrnal apks and have unloaded these yet it still does not fire up. When i use the external apk it open Acestream and say 'unpacking' and the it just says error.

Please can anyone help me with this as it is driving me crazy.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - sattekop - 2015-01-02

Please note that if you have a problem getting anything from Wiziwig, this is simply because they have stopped their service, because of change in Spanish law.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - gb160 - 2015-01-02

Lads....stop mentioning the parsers in here, Enen will pull support altogether if this continues, and then we're all in the crap.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - enen92 - 2015-01-02

(2015-01-02, 14:06)gb160 Wrote: Lads....stop mentioning the parsers in here, Enen will pull support altogether if this continues, and then we're all in the crap.

Yap last time I checked the addon didn't include any website appart from the official sopcast list (nor it can depend on any website since they just come and go). I don't know either what tvmc is (when I look at the address bar I see kodi.tv) so I am assuming the software I am using is called kodi or something (?!).

PS: Top score yesterday mate Nod

--------------------------------------------------------

I had a look into the new sopcast version for android and they replaced the executable with a library the app calls (from java). Though I could revert it and use the library from the addon but it receives a 'context java class' of the official application as an argument (found it after decompiling the code). So I assume the chances of the addon to work "as it is today" are really scarse. If you use android and want to use sopcast in xbmc player do not upgrade to lollipop. I'll try another go at it but I think the app is not designed to be "hacked" and they did it on purpose (and I also don't have any lollipop device to check why the older version is not working).

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - darren1963 - 2015-01-02

(2015-01-01, 16:09)darren1963 Wrote: Hi Enen and others all the best for the New Year.

Please can someone advise me on an issue I have in trying to get p2p to work. I have an MX2 box with Matricom 1.2 as the firmware and gotham 13.2 as the Kodi version. I have now tried to install p2p on 3 different boxes that have the same set up and I cannot get it to work on any of them. I have downloaded the latest p2p repo from Fusion and then the addon itself. I have input the bit.ly parser and have ticked the 'download module on boot' box. It goes through all the downloads of the modules and engine etc, yet when I then go into say Wiziwig and click on an Acestream link it starts the countdown at 40 and just counts down to zero but the engine does not kick in. I have also downloaded the extrnal apks and have unloaded these yet it still does not fire up. When i use the external apk it open Acestream and say 'unpacking' and the it just says error.

Please can anyone help me with this as it is driving me crazy.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

@Enen

Please can you help me with this mate...........It is driving me nuts....many thanks

If the app doesn't run there's not much I can do.... Check if the android version is compatible with the app, I think it requires kitkat at least (not sure about it).
One thing is the case in which you can't run the internal engine but you can use the external application. If you can't use the external application it is really out of my bounds to provide a solution.

PS: Also something important: the acestreamengine.apk stores a log in your /sdcard/org.acestream.engine folder called acestream.log or something. Reading the log (post it here by the way) can help trace why it doesn't start.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - Donkey-Punch - 2015-01-02

(2015-01-02, 17:26)enen92 Wrote: If the app doesn't run there's not much I can do.... Check if the android version is compatible with the app, I think it requires kitkat at least (not sure about it).
One thing is the case in which you can't run the internal engine but you can use the external application. If you can't use the external application it is really out of my bounds to provide a solution.

PS: Also something important: the acestreamengine.apk stores a log in your /sdcard/org.acestream.engine folder called acestream.log or something. Reading the log (post it here by the way) can help trace why it doesn't start.

I have been getting no joy with the acestream engine. Everytime i try to run it it shows a message failed to start or start failed, this is my log report

try to load conf file /storage/emulated/0/org.acestream.engine/acestream.conf
Failed to init log file: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/sdcard/org.acestream.engine/acestream.log'

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

You answer is in the log...it seems the folder /sdcard/org.acestream.engine is read only. Manually set the permissions (being root) might solve the issue.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - darren1963 - 2015-01-02

(2015-01-02, 17:26)enen92 Wrote: If the app doesn't run there's not much I can do.... Check if the android version is compatible with the app, I think it requires kitkat at least (not sure about it).

Hi Enen

Maybe a real stupid question but how do I extract the log as when i try and go into the file you note above it says file unavailable.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - MoloMuy - 2015-01-02

After the initial "Starting AceStream Enginge" wait (40s) it just says "Acestream Can't Connect" and then "Torrent not available or invalid".

I'm using a Intel NUC D34010WYK. Any ideas what's wrong? Worked perfectly when I used the previous version of OpenElec/XBMC/Kodi

Version OpenELEC v5.0.0 (Fresh Install)

Version p2p-streams v1.2

thx´s

(2015-01-02, 21:07)darren1963 Wrote:

Hi Enen

Maybe a real stupid question but how do I extract the log as when i try and go into the file you note above it says file unavailable.

Copy it to an sd card and open it with notepad on a windows laptop is what I done.

(2015-01-02, 21:17)MoloMuy Wrote: After the initial "Starting AceStream Enginge" wait (40s) it just says "Acestream Can't Connect" and then "Torrent not available or invalid".

I'm using a Intel NUC D34010WYK. Any ideas what's wrong? Worked perfectly when I used the previous version of OpenElec/XBMC/Kodi

Version p2p-streams v1.2

thx´s

Run this:

Code:
sh $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/start.sh

Pastebin the output.

(2015-01-02, 20:57)enen92 Wrote: You answer is in the log...it seems the folder /sdcard/org.acestream.engine is read only. Manually set the permissions (being root) might solve the issue.

I thought SuperSu took care of permissions. Sorry to badger you but could you please elaborate on how I would go about changing permissions, I hate asking to be spoon fed, as I'm normally pretty safe when it comes down to this kind of stuff, but I'm gonna have to admit, I'm struggling with this g-box mx2 and android.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - MoloMuy - 2015-01-02

(2015-01-02, 21:58)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-01-02, 21:17)MoloMuy Wrote: After the initial "Starting AceStream Enginge" wait (40s) it just says "Acestream Can't Connect" and then "Torrent not available or invalid".

Version p2p-streams v1.2

thx´s

Run this:

Code:
sh $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/start.sh

Pastebin the output.

Salon:~ # sh $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/
start.sh
sh: can't open '/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/start.sh'
Salon:~ #

View in WinSCP path /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/

not exist file start.sh

thx´s