Kodi Community Forum
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=201894)

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - Olliepop - 2015-03-06

(2015-03-05, 23:29)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 22:42)Olliepop Wrote: Hello, I be just installed this addon on my Raspberry Pi 2 running openelec 5.0.5. Every time I try to start the addon I get Error script failed. Do I need to do something else with regards the acestream engine? Or should this install also ? I tried running a python script but get the same error message.

Regardless, despite the script error you report without providing a log file, acestreams don't work on linux arm.

Does this tell you anything??

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.p2p-streams/default.py", line 14, in <module>
from resources.core import sopcast as sop
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.p2p-streams/resources/core/sopcast.py", line 11, in <module>
import xbmc,xbmcgui,xbmcplugin,urllib2,os,sys,subprocess,xbmcvfs,socket,re,requests,shutil
ImportError: No module named requests
-->End of Python script error report<--
18:49:58 T:1969590816 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.p2p-streams/
18:49:58 T:1969590816 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.p2p-streams/) failed
18:49:58 T:1667232832 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - shaun1495 - 2015-03-07

hey, i am using kodi in windows 7. I have a problem with the P2P-streams, the problem is that that when i play a live channel after 4 mins it kicks you out of the channel in all of a sudden and returns to the guide menu. Any helpHuhthx

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - honorem - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-07, 14:43)shaun1495 Wrote: hey, i am using kodi in windows 7. I have a problem with the P2P-streams, the problem is that that when i play a live channel after 4 mins it kicks you out of the channel in all of a sudden and returns to the guide menu. Any helpHuhthx

That is most likely not a problem with the addon P2P-streams but rather the streams, does this happend when you're on sopcast or acestream? Try to play any of the official sopcast streams, they are stable and does not kick users.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - shaun1495 - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-07, 14:49)honorem Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 14:43)shaun1495 Wrote: hey, i am using kodi in windows 7. I have a problem with the P2P-streams, the problem is that that when i play a live channel after 4 mins it kicks you out of the channel in all of a sudden and returns to the guide menu. Any helpHuhthx

That is most likely not a problem with the addon P2P-streams but rather the streams, does this happend when you're on sopcast or acestream? Try to play any of the official sopcast streams, they are stable and does not kick users.

this happens when i am using acestream

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - shaun1495 - 2015-03-08

can i do something to fix this problem pls ?? for the the past 3 weeks everything was working correctly.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - enen92 - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-08, 00:29)shaun1495 Wrote: can i do something to fix this problem pls ?? for the the past 3 weeks everything was working correctly.

Was there any update for this addon in the past 3 weeks? If it was working fine and now it is not (and the addon version is the same) it's quite logical for me to assume the problem is either on the streams you're trying to watch (people not uploading) or something related to your home network/isp. Reboot the router for instance, check if the 8621 port is open and all the other chapters of the same story..

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - enen92 - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-06, 20:52)Olliepop Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 23:29)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 22:42)Olliepop Wrote: Hello, I be just installed this addon on my Raspberry Pi 2 running openelec 5.0.5. Every time I try to start the addon I get Error script failed. Do I need to do something else with regards the acestream engine? Or should this install also ? I tried running a python script but get the same error message.

Regardless, despite the script error you report without providing a log file, acestreams don't work on linux arm.

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.p2p-streams/default.py", line 14, in <module>
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.p2p-streams/resources/core/sopcast.py", line 11, in <module>
import xbmc,xbmcgui,xbmcplugin,urllib2,os,sys,subprocess,xbmcvfs,socket,re,requests,shutil
18:49:58 T:1969590816 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.p2p-streams/
18:49:58 T:1969590816 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.p2p-streams/) failed

For some reason you didn't get the requests module when you installed the plugin. This module/dependency is in the official repository so it might have been a temporary problem with the repository.

Install it manually:

system -> settings -> addons -> get addons -> kodi.tv official repository -> Addon libraries -> Requests -> install:

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - KingNothing78 - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-05, 23:29)enen92 Wrote: Regardless, despite the script error you report without providing a log file, acestreams don't work on linux arm.
Great addon Smile
I use it on android and now even on raspberry pi 2.
Is there a hope to have acestream working on raspberry in the future ?

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - tfouto - 2015-03-09

(2015-03-08, 20:53)KingNothing78 Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 23:29)enen92 Wrote: Regardless, despite the script error you report without providing a log file, acestreams don't work on linux arm.
Great addon Smile
I use it on android and now even on raspberry pi 2.
Is there a hope to have acestream working on raspberry in the future ?

It doesn't depend on enen92. If they (Acestream) decide to make acestream for ARM, then yes, if not, no.

Enen92, is it possible to make upnp from a for instance phone to kodi of a sopcast or acestream link? I am asking if is possible to do it. Not if it works now. I know it doesn't. Just curious. Not that i really need it.

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - enen92 - 2015-03-09

Upnp in kodi is not exposed to python addons I'm affraid. The only possible way is to send the playable link through the json rpc api but even that is not really easy to do and take time to be well implemented (as you need to know if the stream is playing/grab the events happening in the other player). I like the idea though and might consider it, kodi -> kodi playback. This is how it might be implemented:

1) Grab the available upnp devices on the network and filter for kodi instances (don't know exactly how for this last part)
2) Replace the playback function with a json rpc cmd corresponding to the "player device"
3) implement a control variable or a thread for the main loop that will check if the remote device is still playing the file. This thread (or the main loop) will respond accordingly

So, to make a quick summary, you can't use upnp to play sop and acestreams on a remote device but you might be able to send aces and sops to a remote kodi instance

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - shaun1495 - 2015-03-09

the thing is that acestream works fine if i'm not using kodi

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - Nicolm19781 - 2015-03-09

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help, I want to use my VPN to connect to the streams on this addon, this is because my ISP slows P2P traffic down considerably all day as part of its traffic management. I connect to my VPN (PIA) and the parsers load and i click the stream and it plays, however I don't it's playing through the VPN as the stream stops and starts and buffers. When I check my speed particularly the upload it drops from 12mbps to about 2.5.
I am a novice with this but am I missing a trick in the addon settings or something. Kodi in general appears to be using the VPN because NBC Sports Live Extra works and I'm in the UK.
Please help?

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - Olliepop - 2015-03-09

(2015-03-08, 00:41)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 20:52)Olliepop Wrote:

For some reason you didn't get the requests module when you installed the plugin. This module/dependency is in the official repository so it might have been a temporary problem with the repository.

Install it manually:

system -> settings -> addons -> get addons -> kodi.tv official repository -> Addon libraries -> Requests -> install:

Worked thank you .

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - shaun1495 - 2015-03-09

can someone tell me how to fix buffering in P2P-streams ??

RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - axlt2002 - 2015-03-10

(2015-02-09, 10:59)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi All,

Just looking around for some confirmation on the following issue (that anyway doesn't happen so often...).

While playing Sopcast streams, sometimes the playback closes going back to the streams menu...I have then to start it again and everything goes perfectly. Sometimes the issues is repeated randomly during a stream playback (let's say in two hours of playback, this can happen 2/3 times).

Anyone noticed this issue?

In case, I will try to enable the debug mode to check what is happening...

Hi enen,

I'm just going back to this issue...I have enabled the debug mode (I'm using XBMC 13.2 Gotham) and this is the result (too big to be posted hereafter...): http://www.bigfiles.it/f/8kac2s

As you can see, the stream (using Sopcast) stopped several times during the playback...the first time was also playing without any buffering, but suddendly the stream stopped and XBMC returned back to the streams menu.

To me it seems that there are some issues in the frames (e.g. XBMC is expecting something, but somthing else is arriving...), but I kindly ask you to check it.

Another think that I have noticed is that while the stream plays correctly without buffering and interruptions in Sopcast client, these two issues happen when watching the stream through XBMC.

Please tell me if I can help you with some other infos.

Thanks in advance!