Kodi Community Forum
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support (/showthread.php?tid=202302)

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-12

yes, i only take into account brighter pixels + if the endresult is too dark I make it a bit brighter.
In code:
Code:
width, height = img.size
    pixels = img.load()
    data = []
    for x in range(width/4):
        for y in range(height/4):
            cpixel = pixels[x*4, y*4]
            data.append(cpixel)
    r = 0
    g = 0
    b = 0
    counter = 0
    for x in range(len(data)):
# check for brighter pixels
        if (data[x][0] + data[x][1] + data[x][2]) > 150:
            r += data[x][0]
            g += data[x][1]
            b += data[x][2]
            counter += 1
    if counter > 0:
        rAvg = int(r/counter)
        gAvg = int(g/counter)
        bAvg = int(b/counter)
        Avg = (rAvg + gAvg + bAvg) / 3
        minBrightness = 100
# make endresult brighter
        if Avg < minBrightness:
            Diff = minBrightness - Avg
            rAvg += Diff
            gAvg += Diff
            bAvg += Diff

imagecolor = "FF%s%s%s" % (hex(rAvg)[2:], hex(gAvg)[2:], hex(bAvg)[2:])
    else:
        imagecolor = "FFF0F0F0"

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - removed151214 - 2014-11-12

minBrightness == genius! (No less than I would expect from you!) Hope you don't mind if I steal that idea at some point Wink

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-12

you can also see in video that it works well with dark album thumbs.

EDIT:
of course you can. Smile

the other one:

Code:

is even more important i think to get a good result.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - removed151214 - 2014-11-12

(2014-11-12, 00:39)phil65 Wrote: the other one:

Code:

is even more important i think to get a good result.

Less so for my own implementation of this, but another far-cleverer-than-I-ever-thought-of idea Wink

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - ShadowTek - 2014-11-12

(2014-11-09, 22:20)phil65 Wrote: small info, added a new visualisation (still work in progress):
- applies a background blur based on thumb image
- reads average thumb colors and uses them for fonts etc
features like showing artist fanart, tracklist etc will get implemented later on.
I love this feature Smile
Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd8QYBia4RU&feature=youtu.be

Wow, damn nice work man!

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - ciprijan - 2014-11-12

TV OSD is not visible in the latest git. Do you can make a choice in the menu of the OSD position up or down?

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Maniac - 2014-11-12

Yeah phil has moved the OSD to the bottom now. So we might just remove the TV Infobar when OSD is active.

The Infobar will only be visible durring channel switching and while displaying Info dialog.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-13

OSD will move to the bottom for all media types in the long term. Didnt look into PVR yet.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Sunergia - 2014-11-13

H Phil,

I just want to say Thank You to you and everyone involved!

I first discovered Aeon Nox when I first started using XBMC a little over 1 ½ years ago… this skin is what provoked me to spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade my system to see it in all its glory and customization's… it’s all I use and can’t live without...Thanks again.

Just a couple of questions.

Is there a way to lighten up the background on the home screen without hiding the widgets?

Also, the Mixed Movie Widget is my favorite because it is animated, entertaining and beautiful... you also don’t have to scroll through it to see what’s there. FYI the Recommended Movie part is not working don’t know if it’s on your to do list or are aware.

Anyway, I was wondering if you entertain the idea of animating some of the other widgets for a similar eye candy effect, and if so… maybe like each poster would randomly spin around or slide in to a different movie maybe even fade in to another or anything animated… or would that be too hard and time consuming at this point?

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-14

(2014-11-13, 04:38)Sunergia Wrote: H Phil,

I just want to say Thank You to you and everyone involved!

I first discovered Aeon Nox when I first started using XBMC a little over 1 ½ years ago… this skin is what provoked me to spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade my system to see it in all its glory and customization's… it’s all I use and can’t live without...Thanks again.
thx.

(2014-11-13, 04:38)Sunergia Wrote: Is there a way to lighten up the background on the home screen without hiding the widgets?
no. (not sure yet if I will add an option)
(2014-11-13, 04:38)Sunergia Wrote: Also, the Mixed Movie Widget is my favorite because it is animated, entertaining and beautiful... you also don’t have to scroll through it to see what’s there. FYI the Recommended Movie part is not working don’t know if it’s on your to do list or are aware.
will have a look at it. (you can also change the content to a smart playlist of your choice by right clicking on the widget)
(2014-11-13, 04:38)Sunergia Wrote: Anyway, I was wondering if you entertain the idea of animating some of the other widgets for a similar eye candy effect, and if so… maybe like each poster would randomly spin around or slide in to a different movie maybe even fade in to another or anything animated… or would that be too hard and time consuming at this point?
Not for now. Much more important things to do.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Sunergia - 2014-11-14

Thank you for responding... as for the widget, I had no idea you could customize with a smart playlist... that's a huge Easter egg bonus!

Because of that I was able to do a workaround and use the TV Mixed Widget with the smart playlist, and it worked like a charm.
Only the Mixed Movie Widget has the issue

EDIT: scratch that... works like a charm visually, but cannot use to play from it because it is intended for TV episodes so there is conflict.

Thanks for that tip... that's well thought out customizations on this skin, there is always a cool surprise waiting for us somewhere, looking forward to see what you have up your sleeve next.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Frozin - 2014-11-14

HI phill, hate to bother ya, but I've installed kodi on my android phone and the skin, skin.home, along with extended info, data provider, and script.toolbox. it does the startup animation and then just goes to a black screen.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - sat4all - 2014-11-14

(2014-11-14, 09:56)Frozin Wrote: HI phill, hate to bother ya, but I've installed kodi on my android phone and the skin, skin.home, along with extended info, data provider, and script.toolbox. it does the startup animation and then just goes to a black screen.

Hi,

i had a similar experience, i fixed it by reverting script.home to Nov 6, 2014 commit. the last one seems bugy.
https://github.com/phil65/script.home/tree/09035c39d9b4651eef7ec3e2ed6022f24d667732

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Edworld - 2014-11-14

phil65:

When playing a movie, the progress bar doesn't work. If you double click on the progress bar to fast forward nothing happens.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-14

(2014-11-14, 09:56)Frozin Wrote: HI phill, hate to bother ya, but I've installed kodi on my android phone and the skin, skin.home, along with extended info, data provider, and script.toolbox. it does the startup animation and then just goes to a black screen.

debug log?

(2014-11-14, 16:49)Edworld Wrote: phil65:

When playing a movie, the progress bar doesn't work. If you double click on the progress bar to fast forward nothing happens.

The skin is not intended to be used with a mouse.

(2014-11-14, 13:16)sat4all Wrote:

Hi,

i had a similar experience, i fixed it by reverting script.home to Nov 6, 2014 commit. the last one seems bugy.
https://github.com/phil65/script.home/tree/09035c39d9b4651eef7ec3e2ed6022f24d667732

I doubt that. (that line only gets called when the script gets closed)
which platform are you using?