Kodi Community Forum
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support (/showthread.php?tid=202302)

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - sat4all - 2014-11-14

(2014-11-14, 19:03)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-11-14, 13:16)sat4all Wrote:
(2014-11-14, 09:56)Frozin Wrote: HI phill, hate to bother ya, but I've installed kodi on my android phone and the skin, skin.home, along with extended info, data provider, and script.toolbox. it does the startup animation and then just goes to a black screen.

Hi,

i had a similar experience, i fixed it by reverting script.home to Nov 6, 2014 commit. the last one seems bugy.
https://github.com/phil65/script.home/tree/09035c39d9b4651eef7ec3e2ed6022f24d667732

I doubt that. (that line only gets called when the script gets closed)
which platform are you using?

OE 5.0 Beta 2
oh i think u miss understood my reply:
https://github.com/phil65/script.home/tree/09035c39d9b4651eef7ec3e2ed6022f24d667732 this is the bug free version.
here is the change that could be behind the prob: https://github.com/phil65/script.home/commit/3bacbb1a269da4448822cc8dd8837cd9de3d0f28

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-14

(2014-11-14, 19:51)sat4all Wrote:
(2014-11-14, 19:03)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-11-14, 13:16)sat4all Wrote: Hi,

i had a similar experience, i fixed it by reverting script.home to Nov 6, 2014 commit. the last one seems bugy.
https://github.com/phil65/script.home/tree/09035c39d9b4651eef7ec3e2ed6022f24d667732

I doubt that. (that line only gets called when the script gets closed)
which platform are you using?

OE 5.0 Beta 2
oh i think u miss understood my reply:
https://github.com/phil65/script.home/tree/09035c39d9b4651eef7ec3e2ed6022f24d667732 this is the bug free version.
here is the change that could be behind the prob: https://github.com/phil65/script.home/commit/3bacbb1a269da4448822cc8dd8837cd9de3d0f28

I think that is fixed in latest kodi nighties.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - sveni_lee - 2014-11-14

Phil,

I've seen that you changed the music-vis for now playing-widget. Is it right, that all the old stuff like
biographie and similar artist is gone or will it be back at the end?
Is it possible to bring back fanarts(bg) in home screen for now playing content...?

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-15

(2014-11-14, 23:29)sveni_lee Wrote: Phil,

I've seen that you changed the music-vis for now playing-widget. Is it right, that all the old stuff like
biographie and similar artist is gone or will it be back at the end?
Is it possible to bring back fanarts(bg) in home screen for now playing content...?

possible that some of them will return (but in a different way)

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Edworld - 2014-11-15

Not sure if it is just me, but the imdb ratings are black and can't see the ribbon or number

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - barney stinsen - 2014-11-15

Is the actually version on the git Gotham or Helix? When i want to install the gitversion on gotham he always say depencies are not guilty.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Saner - 2014-11-15

Helix

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - noonzascript - 2014-11-16

Is there something wrong with scanning music into the library? The scraper doesn't seem to run after I 'scan item to library'.

Edit: Actually maybe it did. Anyway the new music player/visualization is awesome, lol.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Rastan - 2014-11-17

Hi Phil, Thanks for the ongoing support in bringing knox to Helix. I just wanted to report the music random artist widget is not working. The new updates are looking great and I look forward to see where you are going to take the skin Blush

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-17

(2014-11-17, 00:47)Rastan Wrote: Hi Phil, Thanks for the ongoing support in bringing knox to Helix. I just wanted to report the music random artist widget is not working. The new updates are looking great and I look forward to see where you are going to take the skin Blush

This one won´t be called Nox anymore in the end though Wink
Random artist issue is known.

(2014-11-17, 00:51)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 00:47)Rastan Wrote: Hi Phil, Thanks for the ongoing support in bringing knox to Helix. I just wanted to report the music random artist widget is not working. The new updates are looking great and I look forward to see where you are going to take the skin Blush

Yup, I read somewhere on this thread or somewhere else you mentioning that you were going to change names because of the confusion of multitude of Nox's. Nox 5, Warlion's etc. I am just glad there is still a skinner pushing the envelope with using all the cool stuff a skin can do. With the rise of the android boxes everyone seems to be doing the "Minimalistic" look, to the point that is all that is available as far as new skins. I like skins that make me say wow and makes my PC shudder and shake rendering the animations and eye candy. I do understand that there is a need for light weight skins too, but like all things in life there needs to be balance. However I am greatful to all skinners and coders and all the hard work and time they put in to make XBMC/Kodi as great as it is. Thanks again

Edit
Have you finished with the on air and trending shows? Why I ask is that when an item is pressed nothing happens. I thought it would that me to an info screen on the show in question. Or take you to the show if it exists in your library.

(2014-11-17, 01:18)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 00:51)phil65 Wrote:

Yup, I read somewhere on this thread or somewhere else you mentioning that you were going to change names because of the confusion of multitude of Nox's. Nox 5, Warlion's etc. I am just glad there is still a skinner pushing the envelope with using all the cool stuff a skin can do. With the rise of the android boxes everyone seems to be doing the "Minimalistic" look, to the point that is all that is available as far as new skins. I like skins that make me say wow and makes my PC shudder and shake rendering the animations and eye candy. I do understand that there is a need for light weight skins too, but like all things in life there needs to be balance. However I am greatful to all skinners and coders and all the hard work and time they put in to make XBMC/Kodi as great as it is. Thanks again

Edit
Have you finished with the on air and trending shows? Why I ask is that when an item is pressed nothing happens. I thought it would that me to an info screen on the show in question. Or take you to the show if it exists in your library.

Thx.
The long-term plan is to add separate info dialogs for movies and tvshows to script.extendedinfo, which could be called from anywhere then. That requires a significant amount of work though so things may take while.

(2014-11-17, 02:18)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 01:18)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 00:51)phil65 Wrote: This one won´t be called Nox anymore in the end though Wink

Edit

Thx.
The long-term plan is to add separate info dialogs for movies and tvshows to script.extendedinfo, which could be called from anywhere then. That requires a significant amount of work though so things may take while.

Sounds good Blush

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - barney stinsen - 2014-11-17

I love this skin and its good to see you back phil. Where can i change the layout of the home. I want to switch to the brushed design.

And you said in future this skin is not more Nox. If you change the name, what things are also planned for the future? New views perhaps?

(2014-11-17, 08:52)barney stinsen Wrote: I love this skin and its good to see you back phil. Where can i change the layout of the home. I want to switch to the brushed design.

And you said in future this skin is not more Nox. If you change the name, what things are also planned for the future? New views perhaps?

no other theme than default is supported at the moment.
Not sure if there will be new ones, but most of the current ones will get a rework (InfoWall and Wall have a new look already for example, youtube wall view is reworked and some more)