Kodi Community Forum
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support (/showthread.php?tid=202302)

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - sat4all - 2014-11-20

(2014-11-17, 12:41)sat4all Wrote: Hi phil,

Just want to report, The P lines from the codec info labels are missing with lately builds.

cheers

(2014-11-20, 05:32)Edworld Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 07:31)noonzascript Wrote: Hey Phil,

Found some things/bugs -

No movie information if setting movies as groups is enabled -

If viewing the info of a movie there are no sound flags/icons -

However it works if you have 'show info when movie is paused' enabled -

What settings did you use to get the bluray logo instead of h264 or dvd instead of mepg2?

Thanks

i guess he is not using latest builds, it's obvious from the old media flags.
however, i wish phil can bring the bluray,dvd,web-dl .. flags back instead of codec flags.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-20

(2014-11-20, 19:36)sat4all Wrote: i guess he is not using latest builds, it's obvious from the old media flags.
however, i wish phil can bring the bluray,dvd,web-dl .. flags back instead of codec flags.

nope. wont come back.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - ShadowTek - 2014-11-21

I think the codec flags are much more helpful, the resolution flag already tells you what it is. But just my opinion.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-21

(2014-11-21, 09:14)ShadowTek Wrote: I think the codec flags are much more helpful, the resolution flag already tells you what it is. But just my opinion.

true. Even the codec flag could be removed imo (be warned Wink ), I think "year" or "runtime" are much more interesting infos for movies.
Main reason for removal though is that basing anything on the filename of media is a bad idea because it´s not intuitive. The user does not know why certain icons appear.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Maniac - 2014-11-21

Please keep the codec flags, LiveTV uses them Smile

Noticed one bug in the "chose fanart" section. When you are supposed to select new remote art for a movie or tv show, the preview of the remote fanart does not work. it just displays the default image on right.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Kokonutcreme - 2014-11-21

(2014-11-21, 09:41)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-11-21, 09:14)ShadowTek Wrote: I think the codec flags are much more helpful, the resolution flag already tells you what it is. But just my opinion.

true. Even the codec flag could be removed imo (be warned Wink ), I think "year" or "runtime" are much more interesting infos for movies.
Main reason for removal though is that basing anything on the filename of media is a bad idea because it´s not intuitive. The user does not know why certain icons appear.

Agree, all of the technical flags barely register a blip on viewers radar when they're browsing the library. The most important information my family focuses on when using Kodi are the classification rating, runtime and realtime the video will end.

As I setup Kodi and add files to library, the specs only matter to me and even then it's a casual glance as I'm flicking through content.

EDIT: Phil, with regards to classification ratings. Will your skin support the Australian classification ratings as AN5 does?

(2014-11-21, 10:02)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2014-11-21, 09:41)phil65 Wrote:

Agree, all of the technical flags barely register a blip on viewers radar when they're browsing the library. The most important information my family focuses on when using Kodi are the classification rating, runtime and realtime the video will end.

As I setup Kodi and add files to library, the specs only matter to me and even then it's a casual glance as I'm flicking through content.

EDIT: Phil, with regards to classification ratings. Will your skin support the Australian classification ratings as AN5 does?

Yeah, you have a point there, I mean all I do is see it and say "oh look, its a blah, blah file" *shrugs* Plus Ive never add tags to my files anyway. Resolution is all I'm concerned about as Im always an the lookout for 720 versions of my 480 movies Smile

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - brimnac - 2014-11-21

(2014-11-21, 17:13)ShadowTek Wrote: Yeah, you have a point there, I mean all I do is see it and say "oh look, its a blah, blah file" *shrugs* Plus Ive never add tags to my files anyway. Resolution is all I'm concerned about as Im always an the lookout for 720 versions of my 480 movies Smile

I agree. It's nice to know before hand if it's regular or high def, so I can replace anything "regular" before starting it, and just move on to a different movie / show Smile

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-21

True. I also wouldn´t remove codec everywhere, but I think for the showcase mediaflags others would be more suited. Codec itself (without info like bitrate etc) doesnt really bring any valuable info to the user. What would be the best replacement though? I´m not sure whether it is runtime or year.

Id say run-time as its more of an immediate "need to know" type item, as in.. Do I have enough time to watch this movie before xxx

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Kokonutcreme - 2014-11-22

I agree about runtime?

Phil do you have any thoughts about my question with Australian ratings support?

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-22

(2014-11-22, 01:10)Kokonutcreme Wrote: I agree about runtime?

Phil do you have any thoughts about my question with Australian ratings support?

yes, could add them. I just need textures and the code. Wink

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - hn3012 - 2014-11-22

Hi love this theme
but i get a lot of script.toolbox and script.extendedinfo errors
Code:
13:38:36 T:4264   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\
13:38:36 T:4264   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'Image' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.toolbox\default.py", line 212, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.toolbox\default.py", line 33, in __init__
                                                self._StartInfoActions()
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.toolbox\default.py", line 92, in _StartInfoActions
                                                image, imagecolor = Filter_Image(self.id, self.radius)
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.toolbox\resources\lib\Utils.py", line 134, in Filter_Image
                                                img = Image.open(targetfile)
                                            NameError: global name 'Image' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Code:
13:08:44 T:3064  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:08:45 T:4028   ERROR: Control 150 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
13:08:45 T:3064   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'DialogActorInfo' object has no attribute 'movie_roles'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\DialogActorInfo.py", line 50, in onInit
                                                movie_listitems = CreateListItems(self.movie_roles)
                                            AttributeError: 'DialogActorInfo' object has no attribute 'movie_roles'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:08:51 T:4028   ERROR: Control 150 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
hope this help you track down the fault
HNelson

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-22

complete log, please. All scripts up-to-date? Which platform?

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - pajda106 - 2014-11-22

Hello phil65,

First of all I like to thanks you for your great job. Do you thinking about adding old version of cdart and front cover to the home screen when music is playing?
You could add menu to choose between old and new style of cdart.