Kodi Community Forum
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support (/showthread.php?tid=202302)

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-12-03

(2014-12-03, 00:50)bsoriano Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 00:39)phil65 Wrote: I am also not sure yet how to implement re-scraping of a movie. that action only seems to be available for the "native" movieinfo dialog, not for my scripted one by JSON-RPC/whatever

(2014-12-03, 00:38)Rastan Wrote: I updated again and got info on movie it took about 3 seconds. I then shut down Kody and opened it again. I got info again and it took around 3 seconds. I got info again on the same movie and it went to 2 seconds. Tried again and it was 3 seconds....LOL

Heres the LOG

3 seconds is more than good considering it was close to a minute at the begining. If you want to continue tweaking I don't mind testing it Wink

not completely true, from logs it´s an improvement by one second.

first time it takes

22:31:33 T:8628 DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: create_light_movielist: -1.58900022507

and after that:

22:31:42 T:11440 DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: create_light_movielist: -0.460999965668

22:31:51 T:7868 DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: create_light_movielist: -0.461000204086

22:31:59 T:9996 DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: create_light_movielist: -0.448999881744

Phil,

Latest log from me. I show an improvement of 1 second that remains pretty much constant on subsequent attempts.

When you say re-scraping, that would be the "Refresh" button in the usual movie info dialog? I was going to ask you how that was done with the new info dialog.

Regards,

Bart
Correct, that´s the one I meant.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Rastan - 2014-12-03

(2014-12-03, 00:39)phil65 Wrote: I am also not sure yet how to implement re-scraping of a movie. that action only seems to be available for the "native" movieinfo dialog, not for my scripted one by JSON-RPC/whatever

(2014-12-03, 00:38)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 00:24)phil65 Wrote: ok, I tried something else. try again. it should speed up when opening for the second time after restarting xbmc.

I updated again and got info on movie it took about 3 seconds. I then shut down Kody and opened it again. I got info again and it took around 3 seconds. I got info again on the same movie and it went to 2 seconds. Tried again and it was 3 seconds....LOL

Heres the LOG

3 seconds is more than good considering it was close to a minute at the begining. If you want to continue tweaking I don't mind testing it Wink

not completely true, from logs it´s an improvement by one second.

first time it takes

22:31:33 T:8628 DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: create_light_movielist: -1.58900022507

and after that:

22:31:42 T:11440 DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: create_light_movielist: -0.460999965668

22:31:51 T:7868 DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: create_light_movielist: -0.461000204086

22:31:59 T:9996 DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: create_light_movielist: -0.448999881744

Thats good news. I was counting in my head so I wasnt as accurate as you. Regardless the amount of time it takes is excellent, considering all the additional information it is pulling too. Many thanks for all your patience and hard work Phil. It is more than appreciated. I am very excited with these new features/developments. Your skills and imagination and speed are legendary Smile

Thx. Smile

Pushed another one, please give it another shot if it improves it even more.
that´s probably the final one for now.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - bsoriano - 2014-12-03

(2014-12-03, 01:33)phil65 Wrote: Thx. Smile

Phil,

Here is my latest log. I have seen improvements, even with sub-second response times on repeated attempts on the same movie. Way to go! Thanks again for your continued optimizations.

Could I trouble you by asking if you have plans to update the tv guide? Right now it looks really out of place with the rest of the skin. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Edworld - 2014-12-03

Phil65:

A couple of things I noticed:

On the movie information screen as well as tv show screen, you have the budget info shown as: 150 Million $, don't know if it is by design or not, I'm used to $150 Million.

In the tv show information screen, if you click on the actor, it asks if you want additional info and you make your selection (similar to aeon nox 4.1.9), on movie screen it goes straight to additional information, filmography, tv shows, etc.

In movie information screen, once you click on actor, it shows all his info, once you are done reading, if you click back, it takes you to movie selection screen instead of the movie information screen so you can click play and watch movie.

I hope my description helps

(2014-12-03, 01:48)Edworld Wrote: Phil65:

A couple of things I noticed:

On the movie information screen as well as tv show screen, you have the budget info shown as: 150 Million $, don't know if it is by design or not, I'm used to $150 Million.

In the tv show information screen, if you click on the actor, it asks if you want additional info and you make your selection (similar to aeon nox 4.1.9), on movie screen it goes straight to additional information, filmography, tv shows, etc.

In movie information screen, once you click on actor, it shows all his info, once you are done reading, if you click back, it takes you to movie selection screen instead of the movie information screen so you can click play and watch movie.

I hope my description helps

Ok, no idea about the $ placement. can change that.

the selection menu will probably get removed so you will instantly access extended actor info.

i know about the 3rd one.

(2014-12-03, 01:42)bsoriano Wrote:

Phil,

Here is my latest log. I have seen improvements, even with sub-second response times on repeated attempts on the same movie. Way to go! Thanks again for your continued optimizations.

Could I trouble you by asking if you have plans to update the tv guide? Right now it looks really out of place with the rest of the skin. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart

Phil,

Here is the latest log after you removed the notifications. I noticed now that in the similar movies, now the green lettering to indicate the movie is in my library does not appear correctly. It only shows one movie with green letters of all of the similar that are in my library that are listed. Usually it is the first similar movie. Does this make sense? Do you need additional info? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

hmm i will probably just revert then. thx for testing / reporting.

Sorry about the wait. I updated and tried the latest changes and it is working faster than before. Counting from my head it was about 2 seconds maybe less! Big Grin

LOG

EDIT

I looked at the similar movies and noticed some of the similar movies that are in my collection are not green as bsoriano mentioned above. Not sure if it is a problem on my end. The NFO looks ok, it also has an IMDB ID and is using the original movie name. Not sure what criteria the script looks for though.

From what I have seen it does however currently have a high accuracy I would say it picks up 90% of the movies in my database.

one last try, please Wink

Phil,

The latest changes fixed the similar movies issue for me. Out of all of the movies I tested, there was only one case that I saw was not picked up. Again, thanks!

Regards,

Bart

(2014-12-03, 03:33)bsoriano Wrote: Phil,

The latest changes fixed the similar movies issue for me. Out of all of the movies I tested, there was only one case that I saw was not picked up. Again, thanks!

Regards,

Bart

Yeah I am not sure how to compare best.
Both xbmc database and online data have 2 labels available, Title and OriginalTitle.
Atm i am checkin whether "title(local) = title(online) OR originaltitle(local) = originaltitle(online)"
That can probably be improved, but it will never get perfect because xbmc does not save the MovieDB id in database.
Suggestions welcome. Wink

I just tried your update too. It is definately an improvement for me. The movie that was not picked up before is now picked up. However I have noticed that some movies have the odd similar movie missing. I would estimate it from what I have checked to be between 90-95% accurate in my collection. It is VERY useful in its current state. Blush

(2014-12-03, 03:41)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 03:33)bsoriano Wrote: Phil,

Regards,

Bart

Yeah I am not sure how to compare best.
Both xbmc database and online data have 2 labels available, Title and OriginalTitle.
Atm i am checkin whether "title(local) = title(online) OR originaltitle(local) = originaltitle(online)"
That can probably be improved, but it will never get perfect because xbmc does not save the MovieDB id in database.
Suggestions welcome. Wink

Phil,

I imagine you are disregarding case (upper, lower) in your comparisons, and I can see how both comparisons are needed, given that people scrape with different scrapers which might or might not populate original title. I think your current approach is very valid, and, as Rastan mentioned, very useful.

IMHO, I would leave it like you have it now.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - sveni_lee - 2014-12-03

Phil,

short question. on Novembre 19th I made a update of all scripts on my main HTPC. After this update
I had the fanarts on background while playing music. (i'm realy happy with this)
Today morning a update again and now it's gone again... make that sence?

I find out, that when I press "m" in Home-Menu while playing music I can't change settings... so maybe thats the
reason I don't know....