Kodi Community Forum
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support (/showthread.php?tid=202302)

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Maniac - 2015-02-10

(2015-02-10, 14:25)bortek Wrote: I just downloaded all the necessary packages and installed it. I have a problem. I can't get to configure the main menu. I couldn't find an option to add widget or fanart.
Is it normal ?

When on main menu, press C (context menu)

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - GTunney - 2015-02-11

Is this compatible with Helix now?

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - bortek - 2015-02-11

(2015-02-10, 15:01)Maniac Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 14:25)bortek Wrote: I just downloaded all the necessary packages and installed it. I have a problem. I can't get to configure the main menu. I couldn't find an option to add widget or fanart.
Is it normal ?

When on main menu, press C (context menu)

Thank you for your help

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - isamu.dragon - 2015-02-11

Is it normal ?

Same reason I'm still using the modified Aeon Nox 4, for my main

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - mxlance - 2015-02-12

from the home menu use the "c key/contextual menu" on the item to configure.
fanart, widgets and more are located there.

hope that helps

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - bolter - 2015-02-16

Has anyone else noticing a slowdown (sluggishness) of their Winsows PC when viewing either music info or movie info for the first time after starting Kodi? I seem to get this every time kodi is started, but only happens once at the beginning until Kodi is restarted again. This can last anywhere between 30 seconds to a minute. I don't know if it's skin related, but doesn't seem to happen in Confluence skin.

Edit: Bit early to tell, but sluggishness seems to have disappeared after installing 14.2 beta 1 and being able to turn the Webserver function back on without it crashing. All good so far.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - wripet - 2015-02-17

First of all, let me say thank you top phil65 for this awesome work, I just love this skin, especially the way it handles the artwork and uses extendedinfo. Just great. Been using it for a while now, and a few question arose where maybe some of you have answers.

1. I have seen other themes for Aeon Nox skins, is it possible to use them with this mod? And if yes, how?
2. I don't like some of the dark pictures the skin uses in certain views, is there an easy way to change them, maybe build my own picture theme and use it?
3. In general: is this skin still under development? Because I have found a few minor bugs, should I report them somewhere? Also, curious if we can hope for a few new features, viewtypes, etc. maybe.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - phil65 - 2015-02-17

(2015-02-17, 10:25)wripet Wrote: First of all, let me say thank you top phil65 for this awesome work, I just love this skin, especially the way it handles the artwork and uses extendedinfo. Just great. Been using it for a while now, and a few question arose where maybe some of you have answers.

1. I have seen other themes for Aeon Nox skins, is it possible to use them with this mod? And if yes, how?
2. I don't like some of the dark pictures the skin uses in certain views, is there an easy way to change them, maybe build my own picture theme and use it?
3. In general: is this skin still under development? Because I have found a few minor bugs, should I report them somewhere? Also, curious if we can hope for a few new features, viewtypes, etc. maybe.

1. no, all the mods are not compatible because they are based on very old code (they are basically frodo skins with some hacks to get them workin on Helix)
2. not sure which pictures you mean....
3. yes, still under development, but time is a bit limited at the moment and I also have other stuff to do concerning kodi.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - mxlance - 2015-02-18

@phile65
'they are based on very old code (they are basically frodo skins with some hacks to get them workin on Helix)"

just curious but does this statement include bignoid's aeon nox 5 or are you only referring to the nox 4 mods?

thanks

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Brimstone - 2015-02-18

(2015-02-17, 19:17)phil65 Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 10:25)wripet Wrote: First of all, let me say thank you top phil65 for this awesome work, I just love this skin, especially the way it handles the artwork and uses extendedinfo. Just great. Been using it for a while now, and a few question arose where maybe some of you have answers.

1. no, all the mods are not compatible because they are based on very old code (they are basically frodo skins with some hacks to get them workin on Helix)
3. yes, still under development, but time is a bit limited at the moment and I also have other stuff to do concerning kodi.

hacks? I do not consider Shednox a hacked version at all. Maybe you are referring to the use of the old extendedinfo a.k.a. moreinfo script that is being used. If so, yes, I agree that there is an issue with using this outdated script.
All other changes were made to ensure the Shednox mod is fully compatible with Helix.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - wripet - 2015-02-18

Is there any script required to get the Live CDs overlay in music? Because the last time I had used this skin, they worked just fine, now they won't show up.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - mikebzh44 - 2015-02-18

Hi Phil.

Did you plan to add Live DVD case background for movieset when browsing library ?

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - ShadowTek - 2015-02-18

(2015-02-18, 04:22)Brimstone Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 19:17)phil65 Wrote:

hacks? I do not consider Shednox a hacked version at all. Maybe you are referring to the use of the old extendedinfo a.k.a. moreinfo script that is being used. If so, yes, I agree that there is an issue with using this outdated script.
All other changes were made to ensure the Shednox mod is fully compatible with Helix.

Agree 100% (with Brimstone)

Hacks? I think not.. Shednox is 100% a Helix skin. And I have no issues at all using an older renamed version of your great extended info script (not much of it is used anyway, just the info on box sets)

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - mikeSiLVO - 2015-02-18

(2015-02-18, 04:22)Brimstone Wrote: hacks? I do not consider Shednox a hacked version at all. Maybe you are referring to the use of the old extendedinfo a.k.a. moreinfo script that is being used. If so, yes, I agree that there is an issue with using this outdated script.

(2015-02-18, 18:02)ShadowTek Wrote: Agree 100% (with Brimstone)

Hacks? I think not.. Shednox is 100% a Helix skin. And I have no issues at all using an older renamed version of your great extended info script (not much of it is used anyway, just the info on box sets)

I think you guys are taking the "hacked" comment the wrong way. Brimstone did you not just recently post that you are in the process of doing a proper GUI bump to 5.3.0 would'nt that mean it was previously hacked to work on helix? I also thought phil was referring to the original code base which he wrote most of back in the frodo days. Since then it has been modified, added to, altered, or "hacked" in some way. Hopefully that did not upset anybody, it is just my opinion. Confused

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - mxlance - 2015-02-18

mike-thank you for those insights.
i am trying to learn a little about skinning by looking at other skins. however most of it is over my head.
so i decided to start with simply making modest graphic changes to a skin.
finding the right skin as a starting point or foundation is important.
so phill's comment was interesting to me.
i have come to respect and take notice of his comments as i have your's and bignoid's as well.

this is all very helpful

thanks