Kodi Community Forum
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support (/showthread.php?tid=202302)

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - mikebzh44 - 2015-03-08

I think it's because the first time you press I to get information, the script will "scrap" information from internet and make a cache file locally. That why, when you access information from this movie later, the script just use the cache and display information faster.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - bolter - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-08, 10:25)mikebzh44 Wrote: I think it's because the first time you press I to get information, the script will "scrap" information from internet and make a cache file locally. That why, when you access information from this movie later, the script just use the cache and display information faster.

I would normally believe that, but after the first scrap for the session, I don't have any problem scrapping movie info until I close the session and re open?

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - bolter - 2015-03-09

Can someone please tell me what settings you have for script.skin shortcuts?
Currently in the "Upgrading" section, everything is on. If I click "Defaults" , everything in the "Upgrading section turns off but then if I go to main menu movies then back to settings of " skin shortcuts" the upgrading section is turned back on.

What is the point of a defaults button if it keeps turning back on by itself? Does this section need to be activated in the settings? I am trying different things to try and fault find an annoying lag when viewing movie info for the first time after starting Aeon Nox. This occurs even if movie info has been entered into cache. After the initial lag, everything returns to normal and can view movie info properly until Kodi is closed and restarted.

I installed a mod for Phil65 Aeon Nox by Mike a while back, which allows you to deactivate extrainfo for the Movie information (effectively giving you the clean Movie information look we had in Warlion's 4.1.9.9 version)
If I do this, I do not get the lag but I like the look of Phil65 extended info.

Edit: when trying to view movie info for the first time of a session, I get a number of error messages similar to -

12:20:56 T:3208 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Z-365iujWk8/hqdefault.jpg

After these have cleared for the first movie, everything is fine until I close kodi.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - richjack2003 - 2015-03-14

(2015-02-21, 23:57)richjack2003 Wrote: Hi,

Seem to be having some issues with the intro Kodi Video.
Not every time, but pretty frequently, it freezes, after the smoke and lazer piece.

Also having a regular crashing once the system has fully booted.

Any known issues?

System has just crashed on the intro screen again, so let me know if you need anything from me?

(2015-02-22, 00:08)phil65 Wrote:

Not every time, but pretty frequently, it freezes, after the smoke and lazer piece.

Any known issues?

System has just crashed on the intro screen again, so let me know if you need anything from me?

debug log (wiki)

(2015-02-22, 18:43)richjack2003 Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 00:08)phil65 Wrote:

Any known issues?

debug log (wiki)

As per usual, I can't seem to replicate the problem.
As soon as it happens again, I'll post the debug log

Ok, I've been away for a few weeks so not had a chance to get this problem replicated.

However, this evening, the bloody problem wouldn't go away.

After multiple reboots, i finally got passed the burning Kodi Logo to get a debig log.

I hope this helps.
Is Phil still around, the thread seems to be quiet recently?

http://xbmclogs.com/prtlac4ds

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - johndoeppu - 2015-03-15

(2015-03-08, 03:57)bolter Wrote: Can someone please help me?
The problem I have is if I go into a movie information screen for the first time after opening Aeon Nox, the skin will hang (freeze) for 30 seconds to a minute then everything is ok. This only happens for the first movie info visited, after that all info screens act fine. It has done this in Kodi 14.0, 14.1, 14.2 beta1 and now 15.0 alpha 1

Attached is a Debug log for fault finding.
Hopefully someone will see a problem

http://goo.gl/JVYheQ

Edit: This error only happens if you visit movie info on a movie that you haven't viewed info before. All movies that you have visited before are fine.

I have the same problem unfortunately

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - phil65 - 2015-03-15

(2015-03-14, 21:18)richjack2003 Wrote: Is Phil still around, the thread seems to be quiet recently?
yes, but not too much time atm and ExtendedInfo script still has priority for me.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - richjack2003 - 2015-03-15

(2015-03-15, 15:46)phil65 Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 21:18)richjack2003 Wrote: Is Phil still around, the thread seems to be quiet recently?
yes, but not too much time atm and ExtendedInfo script still has priority for me.

Totally understand.

Thanks anyway.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - bill1972 - 2015-03-17

when you go into the trailer menu is their any way when you click on a movie trailer that it plays the trailer instead of going into the info screen?

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Jayz2K - 2015-03-18

Hi Phil, Just discovered your amazing addon with latest Jurial skin. I'm trying to understand how this works but I'm a bit confused.
I'm trying something simple first but not sure it's possible or not.
I'm trying to get a known tv show or movie title through the PVRchannels window (that's where I'm not sure your script works outside a dialog window).

I simply tried to place a button in the channel list :
Code:
<onfocus>RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedtvinfo,name=$INFO[ListItem.Label])</onfocus>

and tried to place a preview outside :
ex :
Code:
<control type="image">
<width>636</width>
<height>356</height>
<texture>$INFO[Window.Property(movie.thumb)]</texture>
</control>

But on each focus, it launched the dialog with empty infos.
Am I on the right way ? I feel a bit confused
Regards

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - phil65 - 2015-03-18

(2015-03-18, 15:32)Jayz2K Wrote: Hi Phil, Just discovered your amazing addon with latest Jurial skin. I'm trying to understand how this works but I'm a bit confused.
I'm trying something simple first but not sure it's possible or not.
I'm trying to get a known tv show or movie title through the PVRchannels window (that's where I'm not sure your script works outside a dialog window).

I simply tried to place a button in the channel list :
Code:
<onfocus>RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedtvinfo,name=$INFO[ListItem.Label])</onfocus>

and tried to place a preview outside :
ex :
Code:
<control type="image">
<width>636</width>
<height>356</height>
<texture>$INFO[Window.Property(movie.thumb)]</texture>
</control>

But on each focus, it launched the dialog with empty infos.
Am I on the right way ? I feel a bit confused
Regards
you have to post your whole code (on GitHub if possible)

(2015-03-17, 02:09)bill1972 Wrote: when you go into the trailer menu is their any way when you click on a movie trailer that it plays the trailer instead of going into the info screen?

ExtendedInfo script settings.

(2015-03-18, 15:39)phil65 Wrote: you have to post your whole code (on GitHub if possible)

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver/blob/master/MyPVRChannels.xml
https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver/blob/master/Viewtype52.xml

I tried to subscribe to github, hope it works.

Button is line 180 of the Viewtype52.xml
Thumb call is lines 337 to 347 of the MyPVRchannels.xml

putting buttons into list containers is a bad idea in general (and even worse when combined with <onfocus>RunScript()</onfocus>)
What exactly do you want to achieve?

(2015-03-18, 16:50)phil65 Wrote: putting buttons into list containers is a bad idea in general (and even worse when combined with <onfocus>RunScript()</onfocus>)

I would like to use your script call to display a thumbnail of a tvshow or movie when found (when a PVR focused channel has a recognized show, it gets and displays fanart for exemple).

(2015-03-18, 16:55)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-03-18, 16:50)phil65 Wrote: putting buttons into list containers is a bad idea in general (and even worse when combined with <onfocus>RunScript()</onfocus>)

I would like to use your script call to display a thumbnail of a tvshow or movie when found (when a PVR focused channel has a recognized show, it gets and displays fanart for exemple).

not possible, only way I can imagine to add it to the guide is to add the script call to context menu (Kodi 15.x supports context menu add-ons). Otherwise I would have to fire an endless amount of API calls when scrolling through guide.