Kodi Community Forum
Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? (/showthread.php?tid=202924)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - rpiblue - 2014-09-25

I have a Pipo P9 with RileyROM 1.5. I cannot get XBMC to work, see my post here: it crashes after the splash screen. It seems it cannot find a suitable screen. Does anyone over here have experiences with the Pipo P9 and XBMC? Does this issue sounds familiar?

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - RockerC - 2014-09-25

(2014-09-24, 18:56)jjd-uk Wrote: Lets just say one of the box vendors is keen for it to happen, whether it's even feasible is not known yet.
But you then mean that they would then add hardware decoding of MVC, not software decoding via a FFmpeg or Libav, right?

Hardware decoding of MVC should also be possible on some SoCs as long as the player flags it as MVC? As with hardware decoding of MVC you are not dependent of FFmpeg or Libav are you? or maybe just dependent of software demux?

Also, if that box vendor is like Pivos which so far only uses Amlogic SoCs then solution might be very hardware specific?

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - jacko5 - 2014-09-25

I have just received today a Ugoos UT3 RK3288 box, i am in the UK.
The XBMC version installed is 13.0 ALPHA 12.
If i can test in anyway just ask.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - zoltar - 2014-09-25

Just received Cloudnetgo CR13 today and I must say it works like a charm. I'm using gotham 13.2 stable and it is stable. So far no kick outs. Watch Espagnol vs Gatafe 2500 kps on SportDevil and the stream was just FANTASTIC. Really happy with this box, I feel as if I went back to my childhood playing around with it. The only thing is that the camera is not yet working with the latest stock rom issued. Apart form that thumbs UP and 200% happy.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - hdmkv - 2014-09-25

(2014-09-25, 21:27)jacko5 Wrote: I have just received today a Ugoos UT3 RK3288 box, i am in the UK.
If possible, can you test VC-1 BD rips and hd audio support. Assume LAN port works fine as I'm reading some boxes w/only wi-fi working.

Re: RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - nickr - 2014-09-25

(2014-09-25, 21:27)jacko5 Wrote: I have just received today a Ugoos UT3 RK3288 box, i am in the UK.

You just received it and the xbmc is months out of date? The only thing I'd be testing is the vendor's RMA procedure!

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - Roby77 - 2014-09-26

probably is box suffers of time travel

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - User 182116 - 2014-09-26

I extracted the version of XBMC from the UT3 ROM a few days ago and ran it on my R28.

It was one of the modded ROM's but for general use, was useless.

I don't see the inclusion of XBMC as being anything that the vendor is responsible for as the official versions, forks and nightly builds are freely available to anybody to download and use as it suits their requirements.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - jacko5 - 2014-09-26

Also the max resolution in XBMC 13.0 ALPAH 12 is fixed at 1920x1080.
What is that all about ?
No option to change it to a higher resolution, so no point testing higher res video files.
Hope a newer firmware update sorts this out.
I have messaged Ugoos and await a reply.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - User 231261 - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-25, 22:45)nickr Wrote:

You just received it and the xbmc is months out of date? The only thing I'd be testing is the vendor's RMA procedure!

the right advice would have been to ask him to test with the latest xbmc release and how to do that-------- http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Android
And download xbmc-13.2-Gotham-armeabi-v7a.apk here----------------- http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android/arm/xbmc-13.2-Gotham-armeabi-v7a.apk

And tell him the the version he is using is a badly maintained fork to allow HEVC 4K playback of files that he probably doesn't have anyway but that he is two release behind and missing out on the following fixes:

This 13.1 release contains the fixes compared to previous 13.0

* Fix resume point of certain PVR items begin stale on playback.
* Fix weirdness when certain TVs query XBMC’s UPnP server and it
starts running a bunch of add-ons which cause popups on the XBMC
machine.
* Fix crash at exit while airplay is playing
* Better recovery of VDPAU on errors.
* Fixes for cropping of interlaced content using VDPAU.
* Fix for FLAC tracks with large embedded images not playing.
* Fix for crash if librtmp wasn’t available.
* Fix for ffmpeg building on linux using later versions of librtmp.
* Fix for broken m4a, mp4 playback with paplayer.
* Fix for the hint text not being shown in editcontrols once unfocused.
* Fix minor memory leak in PlayMedia builtin function.
* Fix albumartist use in song smartplaylists.
* Use unique client broadcast UID in the PVR api.

Fixes done in 13.2

* Fix audio problems with pass-through on OSX
* Crash in Android if an app is favourite, then uninstalled from system.
* Fix crash in Android when entering programs menu in some skins
* Bitstream conversion fix for some BD mkv iso rips
* Fix labelcontrols with autowidth set were always marked as dirty (re-render)
* Update included PVR add-on
* Set “remote as keyboard” default to true for Android
* Fix FTP TLS not working
* Fix some disappearing characters on Mac OSX
* Fix onplaybackstarted event for external players
* Don’t show OSD menu DVD menu with mouse/touch
* GetText and delete sound option for add-on developers
* Fix wrong sample-rate selection on OSX
* Fix optical usb devices with > 2 channels on OSX
* Fix firewall popups in OSX on start-up
* Make the fake full-screen option only visible when running OSX snowleopard
* Fix overlapping subtitles
* Fix accented letters. Example: “VARIéS” rather than “VARIÉS”
* Prompt for master pin in case the add-on manager is locked
* Update GUI translations
* Update included add-ons
* Fixed several bugs and memory leaks

But maybe all that is to xbmc user friendly...

Oh Yeah backup the Gotham.whatever.apk he now has so he can restore in case everything goes titsup..

Re: RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - nickr - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-26, 07:43)Willem55 Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 22:45)nickr Wrote:

the right advice would have been to...

What a good thing it is that you're here then

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - User 231261 - 2014-09-26

I know...

Being new here I read this thread as a request for experience from users who just got a RK3288 based player and are using xbmc on it.
Now for some reason I read a lot of post from people who have no intention of getting a RK3288 player and are very active on other hardware based xbmc solutions... these post are mostly very negative and discouraging new users from posting their experiences in this thread.

Why?

As for me when I get my RK3288 I plan to test with kodi 14 as only that comes nearest my current video and audio playback setup... too many playback features I now enjoy are missing in Gotham..

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - jacko5 - 2014-09-26

Many thanks for all you help.
I will test the apk above.
The ut3 does do 4k as i changed that in the settings menu of the box and now cannot see the screen as my tv does not do 4k, silly me.
I pressed the reset button on the ut3 and it does nothing.
Once i get a picture on my screen will test the apk.
Thank you.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - User 182116 - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-26, 08:27)Willem55 Wrote: I know...

Being new here I read this thread as a request for experience from users who just got a RK3288 based player and are using xbmc on it.
Now for some reason I read a lot of post from people who have no intention of getting a RK3288 player and are very active on other hardware based xbmc solutions... these post are mostly very negative and discouraging new users from posting their experiences in this thread.

Why?

As for me when I get my RK3288 I plan to test with kodi 14 as only that comes nearest my current video and audio playback setup... too many playback features I now enjoy are missing in Gotham..

I agree that the recent Kodi Alpha 14 nightly builds are far better than anything else.

Tronsmart have also confirmed that they too will be adding a modded XBMC.

All those modded versions are fairly useless if the source is not fed back into the mainstream... Users are left with the choice of either miss out on all the functional fixes and changes or lose their functionality that came with the modded version.

Damned if you do and Damned if you don't... thank you Tronsmart...