Kodi Community Forum
Mod [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - MediaBrowser and Native Kodi Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: Mod [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - MediaBrowser and Native Kodi Library (/showthread.php?tid=204184)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - Slurm - 2014-10-28

Your skin is evolving really well! Great work!

I have a problem atm: When using Kodi video library I can't refresh the library when pressing up in main menu under Movies or TV Shows. There was a button on the right in your previous skin as it is still there for the music section. Also I can't access the file structure (works under music too). Would be great if it would behave the same as with your other skin (also pressing up twice should return to main menu again).

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - iorifly - 2014-10-28

m85288,

Let's now for something not part of the skin, however I think you can get me one doubts it is possible terms animated posters?

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - im85288 - 2014-10-28

There's a new version available 3.0.47

- This one brings in a change to the Home Tiles. The default tiles are now standard tiles as opposed to the older style which is different colours laid onto a white tile. The old style still remains in the skin settings, but the standard ones look better IMO. They can all be configured via the skin settings.

(2014-10-27, 23:33)arithine Wrote: No problem, I'll just live with it...

I do have one more request, when I go into media controls I would like it to show the progress bar, like it does when paused.

watch gallery

Also how do you get to that quicknav thing you showed a couple posts back?

I had a look at the media controls and prefer it the way it is currently..where the logo and progress bar appear as paused. I do not think showing the progress bar will fit in very well there with the look and feel.

For the quicknav it's the Player controls (OSD) button, I have mine mapped to the Info button on the remote for quick access.

(2014-10-28, 15:30)Slurm Wrote: Your skin is evolving really well! Great work!

I have a problem atm: When using Kodi video library I can't refresh the library when pressing up in main menu under Movies or TV Shows. There was a button on the right in your previous skin as it is still there for the music section. Also I can't access the file structure (works under music too). Would be great if it would behave the same as with your other skin (also pressing up twice should return to main menu again).

Thanks, it is a step up from the older mod..skill's are slowly improving! I added the files and refresh for the kodi library but did not test so I'll leave that for you..also fixed the pressing up twice to return to main menu Smile

(2014-10-28, 18:08)iorifly Wrote: m85288,

Let's now for something not part of the skin, however I think you can get me one doubts it is possible terms animated posters?

I have no idea really, it's not something I know anything about.

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - t2ffn - 2014-10-28

(2014-10-28, 22:14)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-10-28, 18:08)iorifly Wrote: m85288,

I have no idea really, it's not something I know anything about.

By animated I think he means where they pan and zoom slightly, as that's what I've seen in some skins, where backgrounds are listed as 'animated'.

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - arithine - 2014-10-28

I do have one more request, when I go into media controls I would like it to show the progress bar, like it does when paused.

watch gallery

I had a look at the media controls and prefer it the way it is currently..where the logo and progress bar appear as paused. I do not think showing the progress bar will fit in very well there with the look and feel.

For the quicknav it's the Player controls (OSD) button, I have mine mapped to the Info button on the remote for quick access.

Well that's disappointing, that's pretty much the only issue I have with the skin, you can't make it an option at all? (fixed the spotlight btw, with a fresh install).

To be clear by quicknav I mean this
(2014-10-22, 20:26)im85288 Wrote: I guess nobody is using the QuickNav section with Kodi Library as I noticed it was still using the MediaBrowser library for things like Movies/TV Shows, recently added etc... this is now corrected in version 3.0.50

What action would I need to map to get that to pop up? The button that shows the osd on my controller is also mapped to the context menu. but universally mapping osd to a different button doesn't do anything.

Friend, I'm talking about this.

http://i.imgur.com/NmdXhtj.mp4

but this is not relevant !! I'm happy with our skin mod !! This great!

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - t2ffn - 2014-10-28

ooooh, fancy. Are these common though, or picked up by XBMC scrapers?

t2ffn,

Unfortunately not need a one ... however the helix pattern does the support!

I do not know if it refers to another site .. so if you want a reference send me a mp

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - zolee - 2014-10-29

can you make this without media browser integration, I tried MB but i didn't work out for me because I watch most of the movies and tv shows with croatian subtitles?

EDIT: Sorry, just read the first page Smile

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - Nafi - 2014-10-29

im85288,

please update your gihub to the newest version.

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - Slurm - 2014-10-29

Thanks, it is a step up from the older mod..skill's are slowly improving! I added the files and refresh for the kodi library but did not test so I'll leave that for you..also fixed the pressing up twice to return to main menu Smile

For Movies it works fine, but when pressing up twice under Tv Shows it shows both menus.

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - eirki - 2014-10-29

(2014-10-27, 17:26)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 20:11)eirki Wrote: Finally, I find that the original skin handled the right hand fanart better: compare this:
to this:
The big empty space beneath the image is (in my opinion) not an improvement.
In the past I would have agreed with you here, but recently someone got me looking into Aspect Ratios in a big way..this was why I changed a lot of the Home screen layout to have images displayed at their correct Aspect Ratio. Comparing the two screenshots you give the top one IMO is squashed and just does not look right...I do agree the grey space underneath could be better..but the image needs to fit AR to be in the skin.

Thanks for your feedback..it helps to improve the skin so keep it coming.

Just to be clear, are you saying that the fanart on top (in the blue circle) is squashed, while the one on the bottom (red circle) has the correct aspect ratio? I tried reducing the size of the top image and overlaying it on the bottom image. I might have missedby a pixel or two (using MS Paint here!), but to me the aspect ratios seem pretty idenitcal:

There is still the problem that the original solution crops the left and right side of the image, but IMO, it looks better than the current solution with the blank section beneath the image.

Regrading the albums widget: thank for adding the option of using album covers, however, I agree that the streched thumbs do not look great. Either making the widget smaller (like the original skin), or adding black bars on the sides when using album covers to retain the correct aspect ratio would be fantastic. Like this:

Sorry for nitpicking on your work. Do let me know if you don't want discuss these particular suggestions any further, and I won't pester you =)

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - im85288 - 2014-10-29

(2014-10-28, 23:33)iorifly Wrote: t2ffn,

Unfortunately not need a one ... however the helix pattern does the support!

I do not know if it refers to another site .. so if you want a reference send me a mp

They do look cool, here's another one:

I guess if Helix supports gif images as posters..then it is all down to putting them in the correct place. There was a request for MediaBrowser to support them which I think is still on the todo list..so who knows...maybe in the future

(2014-10-29, 01:44)Nafi Wrote: im85288,

please update your gihub to the newest version.

Just pushed the latest changes.

(2014-10-29, 09:24)Slurm Wrote:

For Movies it works fine, but when pressing up twice under Tv Shows it shows both menus.

Strange, works fine for me...but I use the MediaBrowser library. Perhaps someone else can confirm?

(2014-10-28, 22:57)arithine Wrote:

watch gallery

Well that's disappointing, that's pretty much the only issue I have with the skin, you can't make it an option at all? (fixed the spotlight btw, with a fresh install).

To be clear by quicknav I mean this
(2014-10-22, 20:26)im85288 Wrote: I guess nobody is using the QuickNav section with Kodi Library as I noticed it was still using the MediaBrowser library for things like Movies/TV Shows, recently added etc... this is now corrected in version 3.0.50

What action would I need to map to get that to pop up? The button that shows the osd on my controller is also mapped to the context menu. but universally mapping osd to a different button doesn't do anything.

Maybe one day I'll have a look at it..but I just feel it matches well with the way it is now.

For the QuickNav, yes that was the one I meant. I checked my remote mapping and it uses: XBMC.ActivateWindow(PlayerControls) to bring up that window

(2014-10-29, 12:34)eirki Wrote:
(2014-10-27, 17:26)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 20:11)eirki Wrote: Finally, I find that the original skin handled the right hand fanart better: compare this:
to this:
The big empty space beneath the image is (in my opinion) not an improvement.
In the past I would have agreed with you here, but recently someone got me looking into Aspect Ratios in a big way..this was why I changed a lot of the Home screen layout to have images displayed at their correct Aspect Ratio. Comparing the two screenshots you give the top one IMO is squashed and just does not look right...I do agree the grey space underneath could be better..but the image needs to fit AR to be in the skin.

Thanks for your feedback..it helps to improve the skin so keep it coming.

Just to be clear, are you saying that the fanart on top (in the blue circle) is squashed, while the one on the bottom (red circle) has the correct aspect ratio? I tried reducing the size of the top image and overlaying it on the bottom image. I might have missedby a pixel or two (using MS Paint here!), but to me the aspect ratios seem pretty idenitcal:

There is still the problem that the original solution crops the left and right side of the image, but IMO, it looks better than the current solution with the blank section beneath the image.

Regrading the albums widget: thank for adding the option of using album covers, however, I agree that the streched thumbs do not look great. Either making the widget smaller (like the original skin), or adding black bars on the sides when using album covers to retain the correct aspect ratio would be fantastic. Like this:

Sorry for nitpicking on your work. Do let me know if you don't want discuss these particular suggestions any further, and I won't pester you =)

No problem at all I appreciate the feedback as it helps to improve the skin. With regards the fanart, yes I may not have explained it well but the fanart on the top in the blue circle is over zoomed in and basically makes the guy look like a giant! For Fanart it needs to be in the widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio in order to not mess with the original picture so for this particular view that is the only way it can fit in without resorting to stretching or scaling the image. I have tried to carry this aspect throughout (there may be errors so please report) the views and indeed adjusted quite a few to make them not need to do any scaling etc of the images.

For the albums widget, I fully agree...I changed that layout to "Stretch" when I put in the music thumbs as the ratio already matched the Fanart images. I have changed it back to not do anything so the black bars will be shown.

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - Slurm - 2014-10-29

I've restarted kodi and now it works fine. So everything is okay. Sorry for the false alarm.

RE: [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - Helix Edition - Nafi - 2014-10-29

Quote:
Quote:For Movies it works fine, but when pressing up twice under Tv Shows it shows both menus.

Strange, works fine for me...but I use the MediaBrowser library. Perhaps someone else can confirm?

do you mean this?

this happens then you press up on tvshows menu, then navigate left until no element is highlighted and then press up again. If you press up while an element is highlighted, it returns to home screen as it should. Not a big problem in my opinion.