Kodi Community Forum
Python Scripts Development - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Python Scripts Development (/showthread.php?tid=2045)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- darkie - 2004-02-16

Quote:darkie, i just noticed sometimes when a python script crash, xbmc is totally frozen and so i need to restart the xbox.
is this a known bug?
if python crashes xbmc will crash to, can't do anything about that. but python shouldnt crash at all  :d

Quote:and what do you think about adding a debug log for python? so it would be easier to know where is the problem when the script crashes the xbox.

good idea. will do that.

- Kieren - 2004-02-18

Quote:import xbmc, xbmcgui

dialog = xbmcgui.dialog()

list = ['kieren','nickname2','nickname3','nickname4', 'other...']
selected = dialog.select('rename xbox', list)
if selected != -1:
if selected == len(list)-1: list[selected] = 'osk'
if dialog.yesno('rename xbox', 'are you sure you want to rename your xbox', list[selected]):
nickname = open("e:\\udata\\nickname.xbn","w")
nickname.write('\x08\xe0\xac\x0f')
for character in list[selected]:
nickname.write(character + '\x00')
remainingbytes = range(0, 3400 - len(list[selected])*2 - 4)
for count in remainingbytes: nickname.write('\x00')
nickname.close()

is there or will there be any support for the on screen keyboard so i could add a custom names option to the above code?

- alx5962 - 2004-02-18

hi darkie!
i just created a new script that reads the google news (every countries work) and display them by categories.
i would be honoured if you accept to be a beta tester for it :d

- darkie - 2004-02-19

Quote:is there or will there be any support for the on screen keyboard so i could add a custom names option to the above code?
no. but i can always have a look at it to add it.

Quote:darkie,
are you planning to modify the windowexample script soon?
as some functions are not documented like :
setnavigation, removecontrol, setfocus for the window object are not very clear for me and the example is the only way to have infos about how to use them...
no don't have it planned Smile . but what still needs to be done is writing better documentation for python (there is none currently).
but since i don't have time at all now, i can't add/create any new code / documentation for python.
maybe someone else is willing to make a start at this?

Quote:also, in my script i'm doing a dirty thing : i just add one more controlimage over the previous one to erase the screen in the same class. it uses memory for nothing so and it's too dirty. so how can i do that please?
you can use removecontrol to remove all the controls.
you can also delete the window and create it again to start with a new clean window.

- Kieren - 2004-02-19

cool, thanks

btw i just made a dvd ripper if anyones interested

edit: i'll upload it to cvs

- alx5962 - 2004-02-19

thank you darkie!
i figured out how to use removecontrol and it works very nicely now!

do you have an email where i can send you my scripts?

- Gamester17 - 2004-02-20

script can be uploaded in file format here (upload url link) (please compress the script file/s with zip or rar before upload, thx)

- alx5962 - 2004-02-20

hi
i uploaded one of my script (tvguide) last week there and it's not in the cvs... also how to update them once they are uploaded?

- bobrooney_78 - 2004-02-20

where can i get these scripts?

i am just curious how they work.

- alx5962 - 2004-02-20

check the scripts included in the cvs on sourceforge.
mine are not available yet

- Zinger - 2004-02-22

should this work? or am i doing something wrong?
xbmc.player().play("[url]http://www.somesite.com/playlist.pls"[/url])
this does not seem to work for me either
xbmc.player().play("q:/scripts/playlist.pls")

or should i use
xmbc.playlist().play

thanks,
brian

- Kieren - 2004-02-22

never used a playlist but if you apply the same to an mp3 file it only works using \\ rather than /

xbmc.player().play("q:\\scripts\\playlist.pls")

as for playing a playlist on the web you have to download it first, look up some of the examples on how to do this or ask and i'll post one

- Zinger - 2004-02-23

xbmc.player().play("q:\\scripts\\playlist.pls")

does not work either. no error is generated, just does not play. the only thing i've gotten to work is playing the actual stream. also how should i handle playing a different stream. stop the first.

xbmc.player().stop() or something
and then play new stream

i'm having issues with subsequent play requests hanging.

thanks for the info.

- Kieren - 2004-02-23

when you play a new track, the one already playing will stop.

if you want to play the next track in a playlist you can use

xbmc.player().playnext()

edit: tried the code with playlists, it didn't cause an error but also didn't play the playlist. the python readme suggests you might have to create a playlist object which you can then play using the play() function but i've never tried it

- darkie - 2004-02-23

just a quick reply, playlist support in python is written but i did not have the time yet to test / complete it. this is the first thing i'll do when i have some time left for xbmc

Quote:would it be possible to include a version number in the future releases? as you added more (nice) features in the latest versions but some scripts don't work anymore. and so with a version number we could alert people their python version is too old to run the script.
will do that.